SPPU: 50 Exam Centres Identified for Final Year Offline Exams 2020

Aarushi Kalra Aarushi Kalra
Exams Prep Master

The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has identified 50 examination centres to conduct final year exams for the students who have opted to appear offline mode. The University earlier issued forms asking final year students to choose the mode of examination they are comfortable with. 

As a response, 85% of students opted for online examinations amid the COVID-19 crisis. For the remaining 15% of students, the exams will be conducted through Optical Mark Recognition (OMR). 

SPPU Vice-Chancellor Nitin Karmalkar said in a statement, "We have identified 50 centres which are affiliated colleges of SPPU in Pune, Nashik and Ahmednagar district wherein the exams will be conducted."

SPPU will commence the backlog exams from October 1 to October 9, 2020. Whereas the exams for regular students will be conducted from October 10 to October 30, 2020. The exams will be MCQ based and carry 50 marks. Click Here to Read More

As per reports, a total of 50,000 students will be appearing for offline mode of examination. Out of this, 22,000 students are from the Pune district. Students can choose the exam centre close to their place and the SPPU will soon be releasing the forms for the same. 

SOPs at Exam Centres

The University has directed all the colleges and centres to abide by the necessary and safety measures as per the government guidelines. Strict sanitization and social distancing will be followed at all the exam centres. Wearing a face mask is mandatory for all the students and the managing staff members.

Also Check: SPPU Admit Card 2020 Released Online, Entrance Test Starts September 28, Details Here

However, many students opposed this move of the University. Students believe that most of the students are from outside Pune and from different cities of Maharashtra. Apart from this, many students are from rural and weaker sections, affording electronic gadgets and traveling back to Pune for exams won't be feasible for them.

One of the final year students expressed her concern, "SPPU should think of options like subject-wise assignments and evaluate the marks on its basis."

Also Check: Complete Exam Schedule for SPPU Entrance Test 2020