Pennsylvania State University is a public research doctoral university in Pennsylvania, United States. Established in 1855, it is one of the first nation’s colleges of agricultural sciences with scientific principles of farming.
The university offers more than 12,000 certificate, undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level courses. The most popular majors at the university are –
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Social Sciences; and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
Why Choose Pennsylvania State University?
- The university had a financial endowment of USD 2.99 billion in 2017.
- It invests more than USD 863 million in research.
- It is a part of Big Ten Conference for majority of sports.
- The university organizes world’s largest student run marathon Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon.
Programs and Divisions
Pennsylvania State University offers 200 major programs, 160 minor programs in undergraduate level, 11,000 undergraduate certificate courses, postgraduate programs, and doctorate courses through the following 18 schools and colleges –
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Arts and Architecture
- Smeal College of Business
- Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications
- College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Information Sciences and Technology
- Dickinson Law
- Penn State Law
- College of the Liberal Arts
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Eberly College of Science
- Schreyer Honors College
- Graduate School
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
Pennsylvania State University Campus and Residence
The university has 24 campuses spread across Pennsylvania. The main and the largest campus is University Park. The Penn State World campus offers more than 60 online programs, degrees and certificates.
Penn State has 7 on campus housing complexes on the main campus that can accommodate 35% of its student population.
Pennsylvania State University Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for admission into Pennsylvania State University
- Test score – ACT/SAT for UG programs; GMAT/GRE for graduate programs
- English language test scores – TOEFL, IELTS
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- Applications for both UG and graduate programs must be submitted on the official website of the university.
- The application fee for UG programs is USD 75 and for graduate programs is USD 65.
Pennsylvania State University Cost of Attendance
The estimated average annual cost of attendance of studying at the Pennsylvania State University is tabulated below –
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||33,664|
|Additional Estimated Costs||13,120-16,342|
|Room and Meals||11,280|
Financial Aids offered by Pennsylvania State University
- Pennsylvania State University offers financial aids in the form of scholarships, grants, loans and work-study programs.
- 46% students receive some form of financial aid.
- The annual average need based scholarship provided by the university is of USD 6,377.
Penn State has over 645,000 people in its alumni network worldwide. These alumni enjoy the following benefits offered by the university –
- Access and invitations for athletic, cultural, educational events.
- Access to The Penn Stater and AlumnInsider
- Discounts in the alumni tours, worldwide vacation rents, healthcare centers, home, car, health, auto, life insurances
- Financial services and alumni career services