BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building, full form bachelor of technology in naval architecture and shipbuilding, is a 4-year course for undergraduate students. BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building course is about designing process, maintenance and operation of marine structures.
See more: BTech Courses
The eligibility criterion for the BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building is students have to qualify 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized institute.
The admission process for the BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building is to clear entrance exams conducted by colleges and universities. The entrance exams are AIEEE, AICTE, IMU CET, IIT JEE, etc.
The average fee for the BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building is INR 4-5 LPA. It varies with the type of courses offered by colleges and universities.
The average annual salary for freshers is INR 1.8-2 LPA. Salary varies due to skills and experiences which one candidate has.
The job profiles after the BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building are port manager, ship operator, second marine engineer, quality systems engineer, oceanographer, marine surveyor, coastal engineer, technical superintendent, etc.
The top recruiting companies are L & T Shipbuilding, Cyber marine, Tata consultancy, Indian register of shipping, Buoyancy consultants, etc.
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Course Highlights
The Course highlight is a key that tells a whole course in a short summarized table. The factors on which course describes are duration, eligibility, admission process, average fee structure, salary packages, job roles, top recruiting companies, etc.
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks and 5% moderation for reserved category|
|Admission process||Entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 4-5 LPA|
|Average Salary (per month)||INR 1.8-2 LPA|
|Top Recruiting companies||L & T Shipbuilding, Cyber marine, Tata consultancy, Indian register of shipping, Buoyancy consultants, etc.|
|Job Position||Port Manager, Ship Operator, Second Marine Engineer, Quality Systems Engineer, Oceanographer, Marine Surveyor, Coastal Engineer, Technical Superintendent, etc.|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Admission Process
To get admission, college and universities have two processes such as merit-based selection or entrance exam.
- The registration form will be released by colleges or universities for their admissions.
- Application forms should be filled by candidates on time to avoid rejection with the registration fee.
- The college or universities release the cut off list date. On the day, the cut off list will be released by them.
- According to the cut off list, students have to go to college for documents submission.
- Documents required are the 10th Mark sheet, 12th Mark sheet, Passport size photo, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree.
Entrance Exam Based Selection
- The registration form will be released by colleges or universities for their entrance exam.
- Application forms should be filled by candidates on time to avoid rejection with the registration fee.
- The admit card will be released by the colleges and universities.
- The exam date will be released by the respective colleges and universities.
- The result will be declared after that.
- The counselling session will be provided to all the students.
|B.Tech Colleges in Tamil Nadu||B.Tech Colleges in Maharashtra||B.Tech Colleges in West Bengal||B.Tech Colleges in Kerala|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criterion for the course is students have to clear 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college or institute.
- 5% moderation for the reserved category students.
- Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry should be the main compulsory subject.
- No receptacle will be accepted. Students must have to clear 10+2.
- Colleges and universities follow different criteria for every course.
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Entrance Exams
Many colleges and universities offer graduates and postgraduates to enrol in this course. To get admission, colleges and universities conduct entrance exams for bachelor of technology in naval architecture and shipbuilding. Entrance exams conducted by colleges or universities are:
|Entrance exam||Conducted by||Application form||Exam date||Exam mode|
|AIEEE||National Testing Agency||16 December 2020 – 23 January 2021||23 February 2021||Online mode|
|IMU CET||Indian Maritime University||April 2021||June 2021||Computer-based test|
|JEE Main||National Testing agency||December 2020||2nd week of January 2021||Computer-based test|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: How to Prepare for Entrance Exams?
- The basic and important guideline is to develop a reading habit. Reading habits can be developed by the newspaper, novels, magazines, biographies, books, case studies.
- Learn at least 10 new words to strengthen your vocabulary and use it in daily life.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses to overcome weaknesses and to know your interest area. Find your interest area to clear the entrance exam. You have to focus on interesting subjects also.
- Time management is very important. Candidates must be aware of time management during the exam. You should take care of questions taking the time. One should practice mock tests before exams.
- Students should practice mathematical subjects daily and learn new tricks to solve in 30 seconds.
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: How to Get Admission in a Top College?
- Choose the interesting stream in your senior secondary education so that you can go for higher courses in the chosen field.
- Students should be in debate, sports competition to increase their skills. Sports certificates will help you to open more choices in choosing colleges with a sports quota.
- Research about top colleges from which you have to complete your graduation.
- Take more counselling sessions to clear your doubts regarding the subjects, entrance exam, colleges, or universities.
- Candidates must have to fill the online application form to avoid rejection. So that you cannot miss the application's last date. You can get admission based on merit-based or entrance exams.
- To prepare for the entrance exam, know your syllabus and find top institutes for preparation for the entrance exam you chose.
- Finding top institutes based on location, size, faculty, fees, the study material provided by them, conducted an online-offline test on weekends.
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: What is it About?
B.Tech. (Naval architecture and shipbuilding) or a bachelor of technology in naval architecture and shipbuilding is a 4-year course for undergraduate students. This course is about designing and manufacturing of marine structures.
- This course is about designing process, maintenance and operation of marine structures.
- Designing and manufacturing include sea vessels like yachts, streamers, fishing boats, barges, icebreakers, powerboats, ships, submarines etc.
- Students will learn about the manufacturing of offshore structures.
- Students will learn from research, development to repairing machines in the shipping industry.
- The practical knowledge will be provided with theoretical.
Why Study BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building?
Every course has benefits and skills, students must be aware of them while choosing them.
- The benefits of the BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building are:
- You can enjoy the growing demand.
- It will be beneficial for a high pay scale job.
- Free tours.
- The production reaches a wide audience.
- One can become a teacher after the course.
- Candidates can gain more experience and skills.
- The skills which are required to be a part of the BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building:
- Analytical skills: It means candidates have to collect and analyze information, interpret data and make a decision on different factors.
- Teamwork: One candidate should work with other associates to work efficiently and effectively. Should support each other. Everyone should contribute their effects to achieve goals.
- Good programming skills: they should have a quick learning ability. They should combine their knowledge, technical capability to work hard.
- Machine learning: one should have machine learning skills that allow software applications to be accurate at predicting outcomes.
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Course Comparison
Course comparison is important on some basis as about course, duration, eligibility, admission process, average fee, colleges, average salary, recruiting companies, and job profiles.
Here is the comparison between a Bachelor of Technology in Naval architecture and shipbuilding and a Bachelor of Technology in marine engineering
|Parameters||Bachelor of Technology in Naval architecture and shipbuilding||Bachelor of Technology in marine engineering|
|Brief explanation||This course is about designing and manufacturing of marine structures. Designing and manufacturing include sea vessels like yachts, streamers, fishing boats, barges, icebreakers, powerboats, ships, submarines etc.||This course helps candidates to become professionals in the field of techniques, machines, construction, maintenance of shipyards, vehicles, marine structures, etc.|
|Duration||4 years||4 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks from a recognized institute||10+2 with minimum 50% marks from a recognized institute with PCM stream.|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||Entrance exam with an interview|
|Top colleges||Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Chandigarh University, Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering, etc.||Ganpat University, Marine engineering and research institute, HIMT college, etc.|
|Job roles||Port Manager, Ship Operator, Second Marine Engineer, Quality Systems Engineer, Oceanographer, Marine Surveyor, Coastal Engineer, Technical Superintendent, etc.||Logistics Executive, Logistics Manager, Transport And Distribution Manager, Merchant Naval Cadre, Lecturer, Warehouse Manager, GM Commercial, etc.|
|Average fees||INR 4-5 LPA||INR 4-14 LPA|
|Average salary||INR 1.8-2 LPA||INR 3-10 LPA|
|Top recruiting organization||L & T Shipbuilding, Cyber marine, Tata consultancy, Indian register of shipping, Buoyancy consultants, etc.||Shipping Companies, Merchant Naval Companies, Repairing Yards, Naval Academy, Shipyards, Oil Platforms, etc.|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Top Colleges
The top colleges of Bachelor of Technology in naval architecture and shipbuilding:
|College name||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Cochin University of Science and Technology, school of engineering||INR 31,320||-|
|Cochin University of Science and Technology||INR 16,185||-|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||INR 3.35 LPA||INR 8.66 LPA|
|Chandigarh University||INR 1.6 LPA||INR 7.1 LPA|
|Woxsen University||INR 3.02 LPA||INR 2.6 LPA|
|Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering||INR 80,850||INR 3 LPA|
|Christ Knowledge City||INR 85,000||-|
|International Maritime Academy||INR 2.70 LPA||INR 6 LPA|
|APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University||-||INR 3 LPA|
|Indian Institute of technology||INR 2.11 LPA||INR 16.06 LPA|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: College Comparison
College comparison is important on some basis as about college, eligibility, admission process, average fee, courses, average salary, recruiting companies, and job profiles.
Here is the comparison between Manipal Academy of Higher Education and Indian institute of technology.
|Parameters||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Indian Institute of technology|
|About college||Amity University is situated in Noida. It is a private University. It was established in 1986. It has become a big brand in India. It is a member of the association of Indian Universities, Association of Commonwealth Universities. It offers UG, PG, doctoral-level courses with Diploma and certificates courses.||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). IIT is situated in Mumbai. It was established in 1958 by UNESCO. It is known as one of the finest institutes in India. It offers 8 UG programs, 40 PG programs and PhD courses. it has the highest international package of 1.63 Crore.|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks||10+2 with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||Entrance exam|
|Average fees||INR 3.35 LPA||INR 2.11 LPA|
|Top recruiting organizations||Amazon, Dell, IBM, Infosys, SAP, WIPRO, Oracle, Nvidia, CISCO, Citrix, KPMG, TITAN, AXIS Bank, Altairtf.||Google, Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Tata consultancy services, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Amazon web services, Accenture, McKinsey & Company, etc.|
|Average salary||INR 8.66 LPA||INR 16.06 LPA|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Syllabus
The syllabus consists of 8 semesters. Each year consists of 2 semesters. Here, the most important topics are given while pursuing this course.
|Conservation law||Ship geometry|
|Ocean structure||Project planning|
|Movement variable||Effects of wave|
|Navigation||Technical information source|
|Naval architecture||Towing and mooring|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Important Books
You can take these books as your study material. The books given are with the best authors. Candidates must read them during the course to improve knowledge.
|Introduction to naval architecture||Eric Tupper|
|Ship construction||D.J. Eyres|
|Applied naval architecture||Robert Zubaly|
|Basic ship theory||E.C. Tupper & K.J. Rawson|
|Reed’s naval architecture||E.A. Stokoe|
|Ship hydrostatics and stability||Biran, Adrian|
|Reed’s ship construction||E.A. Stokoe|
|Design of ship hull structures||Yasuhisa Okumoto|
|Ship construction and welding||Nisith R Mandal|
|Naval architecture of planing hulls||Lindsay Lord|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Job Profiles
They can work as a port manager, ship operator, second marine engineer, quality systems engineer, oceanographer, marine surveyor, coastal engineer, technical superintendent, etc.
|Job profiles||Description||Average annual salary|
|Port Manager||The role of a port manager is to plan, administer the operation on the port terminal. They optimize resource use, minimize costs and maintain quality standards. They assure safety.||INR 9.6 LPA|
|Coastal Engineer||The role of a coastal engineer is to oversee civil engineering and oceanography with coastal geology. They oversee erosion, construct and monitor coastal structures. They develop and maintain ports, harbours, etc.||INR 21.9 LPA|
|Quality System Engineer||The role of a quality system engineer is to operate a management system, writing procedures. They provide training and champions with the quality management system.||INR 4.43 LPA|
|Ship Operator||The role of a ship operator is to ensure the vessel’s voyage and ensuring minimum cost. They perform tasks like bunker intakes, crew management, post fixtures, etc.||INR 43.92 LPA|
|Marine Surveyor||The role of a marine surveyor is to provide consultation regarding construction, damage of ships, and the transportation of cargoes. They assess the appraisals for sale, insurance claims.||INR 21.7 LPA|
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Future Scope
Students can pursue higher studies after Bachelor of technology in naval architecture and shipbuilding is M.Tech. (naval architecture and shipbuilding), M.E. (Mechanical engineering), M.Tech. (marine engineering), M.Tech. in gas turbine technology, and PhD courses.
Students can pursue some specializations which include marine structures, structural design, ship design, offshore structures, hydrodynamic design, etc.
They have some employment sectors like IT or software companies, schools, universities, journalism, content development, engineering firms, marine industry, etc.
BTech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: FAQs
Ques. What is the difference between B.Tech. in Naval architecture and shipbuilding & B.Tech. in Naval architecture and ocean engineering?
Ques. Is a naval architect a good major?
Ques. What will be the salary after a naval architect?
Ques. Which is better B.Tech. (Naval architecture and shipbuilding) & B.Tech. in Naval architecture and ocean engineering?
Ques. What will be the recruiting areas in B. Tech in Television?
Ques. How to apply for admission in B. Tech in Naval architecture and shipbuilding?
Ques. What are the minimum and maximum fees in public colleges of Bachelor of Technology in Naval architecture and shipbuilding?
Ques. What are the minimum and maximum fees in private colleges Bachelor of Technology in Naval architecture and shipbuilding?