MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a 2-Year or 4-semester long Post-graduation course.The course enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of Tourism, Business Administration, and Management. The ideology is based upon the concepts for giving candidates opportunity in the field of commerce that is business-related issues and management.
For MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management, the candidate must complete the degree in Minimum 2-Years and Maximum 4-Years of duration. The Time period for competency can vary as per the different universities or colleges policies. The admission process for the MBA in Tourism and Hospital Management usually is based upon the Entrance Examination or Merit. The fee structure for the course ranges between INR 3,000 to INR 20 Lakhs per annum.
Some of the top college that provides MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management courses are mentioned below along with the City, fee structure, and admission process:
|College Name||Admission Process||Annual Fees|
|NSHM Knowledge Campus, Durgapur||Entrance Based||INR 1.6 Lakhs|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||Entrance Based||INR 1.8 Lakhs|
|Institute of Management and Studies, Kolkata||Entrance Based||INR 91,000|
|Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar||Entrance Based||INR 2.3 Lakhs|
|NIMAS, Kolkata||Entrance Based||INR 76,350|
There are different job roles available after the successful completion of the course. The salary package of Graduates in the course ranges from INR 5,000 to INR 5 Lakhs per annum. MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management course is available in both, regular and distance learning
An undergraduate degree enables a candidate the knowledge of only a certain subject. MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management program teaches candidates about how to impose that gained knowledge to the field of management and hospitality. Those Candidates who are obtaining advanced degrees in this program also get the experience as well as greater knowledge.
The Candidates who are willing to pursue this degree will have the opportunity to work in various sectors and roles as a Hotel Manager, Finance Manager, Operations Manager, Assistant Hospital administrators, Executive, etc.
See Also: Top MBA Colleges in India
What is the Admission Process for MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management?
- The admissions to MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management program are based on both entrance examination and merit-based depending upon the University or college.
- Most colleges accept candidates who score a minimum of 45% to 50% in an entrance exam or merit-based.
- Must have completed graduation from the respective board/ universities.
- There are certain universities in which Entrance Exams are required.
- Candidates can fill the admission form online through the college website or offline by visiting the college campus.
- Candidates have required fill details along with the required documents.
- Candidates should qualify in the entrance exam with the required eligibility of marks for the particular university/ college.
What is Eligibility for MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management?
The eligibility criteria for the MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management program are:
- The candidate must have completed graduation with commerce or arts.
- Must have scored a minimum of 45% to 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- Some Institutions take direct admission based on marks obtained in graduation level but most of the institutions take entrance exams of their particular university or college.
The eligibility percentage varies as per different universities and colleges.
What are the Top MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Entrance Exams?
There are a few universities and colleges in India which have an entrance exam for admission for this course. The detailed information about various entrance examinations is given below:
|Entrance Exam||Last Date of Form Submission||Exam Date||Result Date|
|CAT||September 23, 2020||November 29, 2020||NOT DECLARED|
|CMAT||December 2019||January 28, 2020||February 7, 2020|
|MAT||October 5, 2020||November 21, 2020 (for IBT Mode) December 6, 2020 (for PBT Mode)||NOT DECLARED|
|BHU RET||March 12, 2020||August 16 to 31, 2020||3rd-4th Week of July 2020|
|DUET||August 31, 2020||September 6 to 11, 2020||September 30, 2020|
|Christ University EntranceTest (CU-ET)||June 8, 2020||June 13, 2020||16 June 2020|
|IPU CET 2020||August 11, 2020||August 9 to 14, 2020||October 8, 2020|
|NPAT 2020||May12, 2020||May 26 to 28, 2020||July 23, 2020|
|AMU Entrance Exam||August 21, 2020||November 8, 2020||NOT DECLARED|
|Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam||September 14, 2020||October 22, 2020||NOT DECLARED|
- CAT: The Common Admission Test is a computer based test for admission in a graduate management program. The test consists of three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. It is a multiple choice based examination.
- CMAT: Common Management Admission Test is an online, national level computer-based test conducted by the National Testing Agency, facilitating institutions to select suitable students for admission in all management programmes. It is a multiple choice based examination.
- MAT: Management Aptitude Test is a standard aptitude test conducted for admission to MBA and allied programmes by over 600 business schools across India. It is a multiple choice based examination.
- Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test (BHU-UET/ RET): BHU-UET/ RET is an offline examination that is held for a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. This examination is for the Undergraduate/ post-graduation course respectively. The Basic syllabus of graduation level is asked for post-graduates. This examination is in the form of Multiple Choice Questions. BHU-UET/ RET is held once a year.
- DUET: Delhi University Entrance Test is an online entrance examination that is held for a duration of 2 hours. This examination is for all candidates who want to take admission in Delhi university affiliated colleges. To be eligible, it is mandatory to clear the entrance test.
- Christ University EntranceTest (CU-ET): CU-ET is an online entrance test for the Undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Generally, the duration of this test is 2 hours and the format is Multiple Choice Questions are asked based on the syllabus of (10+2) for undergraduates and graduate-level syllabus for postgraduates. The selection criteria to get selected in the university are based upon the aggregate of merit marks and qualifying marks in the entrance examination.
- IPU CET 2020: Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is an online entrance examination for both undergraduates and postgraduates. To be eligible to take admission to any of the Indraprastha university-affiliated colleges a candidate must qualify for this examination. The Duration of this entrance examination is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- NPAT 2020: It is an online entrance examination which accounts for a duration of 2 hours. The examination multiple-choice questions based. The syllabus for this examination is based upon (10+2) for Undergraduates and graduation level for Postgraduates.
- AMU Entrance Exam: The mode of entrance examination is online. The duration of this entrance examination is for 2 hours. The body conducting this entrance examination is Aligarh Muslim University for all UG and PG courses.
- Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam: The Mode of entrance examination is offline. The duration of this examination is 1 hour and 45 minutes. This university provides a special reservation to Muslim candidates.
What are the Preparation Tips for MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management Entrance Exams?
A candidate needs to have good skills and knowledge sets to qualify the entrance examination for MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management. A few tips to help you develop for excellent performance in the exam are given below:
- Learning about the syllabus for the entrance exam: The very first step is to download a copy of the syllabus from the respective college/ entrance exam website available. It is great to have a to the point facts of the syllabus that can help one to know the depth of the subject which is included in the course.
- Reading and revising previous topics: Make sure to revise topics that are essential for the point of the examination as it can help to have a perfect usage of the time and score good marks. Revising old books or topics also helps to gain conceptual learning that makes it a lot easier for the candidate at the exam time.
- The Golden rule of “Practice makes perfect”: A Candidate should practice and revise all the concepts before the exam as many times possible so that the last moment stress can be buried away.
How to Get Admission in a Good MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management College?
To secure admission to a good quality MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management College, several factors come into action. Some of the following guidelines will be helpful in that watch.
- Always get a note of the top colleges in the area that you wish to study.
- Select particular colleges according to criteria like fees, ease of access, location, etc. of your choice.
- Check the college websites and understand the eligibility and admission process.
- Make sure to pursue the instructions given by the colleges very causational.
- Always stay updated on the colleges that you want to apply to and In case of doubt make sure to get connected by a call or mail to the management.
- As practice makes perfect therefore do make sure to solve previous years question papers as many you can solve.
MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management: What is About?
- MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management has been planned to furnish qualified candidates with the mandatory skills needed to operate in the field of Tourism and Management of several institutions and associated enterprises.
- This Course enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of Tourism and Management.
- The ideology is based upon the concepts for giving candidates opportunity in the field of commerce that is banking, accounts, taxes, and Management.
- MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management trains the students with the required skills needed to handle the day to day workings of the sector..
- The course is divided into theory and assignment including case studies/projects.
- The subjects in the first year of the program are general for all other streams of MBA with a view to providing insights about Finance, Operations, and Human Resource as applicable to the Tourism Industry. After the end of the First year, students are taught extensively about the specialization subjects.
- The overall goal of the course stands to build the skills of students covering varied aspects of the sector, whereby they can enhance their leadership skills and knowledge in order to join reputed organizations in future.
Course Highlights of MBATourism and Hospitality Management
|Degree||MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management|
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration inTourism and Hospitality Management|
|Degree Level||Post Graduation|
|Admission Process||Merit List|
|Minimum Percentage||A minimum of 45% to 50% is required in graduation to be eligible for admission in the course|
|Subjects Required||(10+2) Commerce or Humanities stream|
|Average Fees Offered||INR 5,000 to INR 5 Lakhs|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 Lakhs to INR 20 Lakhs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Apollo, Max, Fortis, Tata, Duncan, Wipro, Infosys, ICICI Bank, Fortis Hospital Ltd., etc|
|Employment Roles||Roles as a Hospitality Executive, Catering Officer, Catering Supervisor, and Assistant, Marketing & Sales Executive, Manager & Supervisor, Manager &Director, Manager & Director, Sales Exec. & Sales Representative, head & Manager, Field Supervisor, Teacher & Tutor, Head & Manager, Marketing Manager, among others. etc.|
Why Study MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management?
- A Hospital Management group is an autonomous organization which comprises a group of individuals.
- The individuals share a common interest over economic, social, cultural needs and aspects.
- A candidate pursuing a career has many options available.
- A candidate can decide to study further in the field as the aspect ratio is high and this field is evergreen.
- The requirement for MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management graduates will always be existing in the upcoming time therefore the employment ratio would be increasing.
MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management vs MBA Hospitality Management
|Parameters||MBA HM||MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management|
|Full Name||Masters in Business Administration in Hospitality Management||Masters in Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management|
|Overview||This is a diploma course which enables a candidate to pursue a career in the field of Hospitality, Business Administration, and Management.||It is a full time course that enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of Tourism, Business Administration, and Management. The ideology is based upon the concepts for giving candidates opportunity in the field of commerce that is business-related issues and management.|
|Degree Type||Post Graduation Diploma||Post Graduation|
|Top Colleges||IGNOU||NSHM Knowledge Campus, MASS, Eastern Institute Integrated Learning In Management, Chandigarh University|
What are the Top Colleges for MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management?
The top colleges that provide MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management are mentioned in the table below along with the location and fees:
|Name of College/University||Average Fees|
|NSHM Knowledge Campus, Durgapur||INR 1.6 Lakhs|
|MASS, Kolkata||INR 76,350|
|Eastern Institute Integrated Learning In Management, Kolkata||INR 1 Lakh|
|Institute of Management and Studies, Kolkata||INR 91,000|
|Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata||INR 48,000|
|Universal Business school, Karjat||INR 1.7 Lakhs|
|NIMS, Jaipur||INR 50,000|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||INR 1.8 Lakhs|
|Rai University, Gujarat||INR1.4 Lakhs|
|Arihant College of Hotel and Tourism Management (ACHTM), Pune||INR 1.4 Lakhs|
|Assam University, Silchar||INR 78,400|
|Himalayan University, Itanagar||INR 44,000|
MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management College Comparison
|Parameters||Chandigarh University||NSHM Knowledge Campus|
|Overview||Chandigarh University is a private university established in 2012 by Punjab State Legislature, recognized by UGC.||NSHM Knowledge Campus is a college in Durgapur and Kolkata, affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology.|
|Course Level||Post Graduation||Post Graduation|
|Admission Process||Merit List||Merit List|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1.8 Lakhs||INR 1.6 Lakhs|
|Average Placement Salary||INR 5 Lakhs||INR 3 Lakhs|
What is MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Syllabus?
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of Management||Financial Management|
|Human Resource Management||Hotel & Catering Management|
|Organizational Behavior||Research Methodologies|
|Managerial Economics||Corporate Strategic Management|
|Accounting for managers||Eco Tourism|
|Computer Fundamentals||Production of Operations Management|
|Assignment/ case studies/Project||Projects/Assignments/Case studies|
|Semester III (Specialization in T&H)||Semester IV|
|Fundamentals of Tourism and Travel||Event Management|
|Hotel & Catering Management||Logistics and Supply Chain Management|
|Fundamentals of Hotel Management||Cultural Ethos|
|Marketing of Hospitality Service||Hospitality, HR and Training|
|Medical Tourism||Leisure Management|
|Tourism and Travel Management||Facility and Security Management|
|Viva/ Projects/ Case studies||Viva|
|Viva/ Projects/ Case studies||Project/ Case studies|
What are the MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management Job Opportunities?
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Food and Beverage Director||Work includes Maintaining a check on inventories, managing costs, and maintenance of food standards, preparing the menu, supervising the proper working of the company.||INR 5 to 6 Lakhs|
|Conference Manager||To answer queries, supervise the assistants, work to uphold the standard of the service provided.||INR 3 to 4 Lakhs|
|Travel Agent||Plan, Arrange, book tickets for travel. Book reservations for hotels, resorts, and plan the itinerary of the travel.||INR 2 to 3 Lakhs|
|Human Resource Manager||Planning, monitoring the employees, solving their grievances. Work would also include recruiting, training and managing the employees||INR 6 to 7 Lakhs|
|Event Facilitators||Coordinating with the clients, planning the entire event and working out in every aspect of event details||INR 1 to 3 Lakhs|
|Convention Planners||Plan the event, arrange facilities, and coordinate with the clients and supervise the activities of the staff.||INR 3 to 5 Lakhs|
|Hotel/Resort Managers||Administering services, managing the needs of the clients, planning, marketing and coordinating with the staff, ensuring the services are rendered with efficiency||INR 6 to 7 Lakhs|
What are the Future Prospects of MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management?
- A candidate after successful completion of a degree in MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management is eligible to take jobs in various healthcare and management sectors.
- The prospect of this course is high and estimated to increase.
- Organizations always require people for various work procedures.
- You can start your own company.
MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management: FAQs
Ques: What documents are required for the MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management program?
Ques: Am I eligible for a government job after doing an MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management from distance learning?
Ques: What is the benefit of choosing the MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management program?
Ques: What is the minimum attendance requirement for MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management?
Ques: Is distance learning available for this program for MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management?
Ques: Is there any scholarship available for the course MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management?