The top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR include the prestigious institutes like IIM Rohtak, IIT Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, Amity Noida, FMS Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia and many other top private MBA colleges.
- There are a total of 497 MBA colleges, out of which 446 are private and 51 are government (public) MBA colleges.
- The average fees of MBA courses in Delhi NCR is around INR 1.5-2 lakh for most of the colleges. Some premier colleges might charge more.
- Admission in these colleges are done through top entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT and CMAT. Check complete information related to MBA Admission Process in Delhi Colleges.
- The average salary offered to MBA graduates in Delhi NCR region is INR 15-20 lakh in premier colleges and INR 5-12 lakh in other private and government colleges.
- IIT Delhi’s Department of Management Studies [DMS] has been ranked as the best MBA college in Delhi NCR by NIRF. The institute accepts students on the basis of CAT score. Check DMS IIT Delhi CAT Cutoff.
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: Ranking
Various ranking agencies have released the rankings for top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR along with many other rankings like top MBA colleges in India. Mentioned below are some of the top MBA rankings.
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: NIRF Ranking 2020
NIRF, this year, has ranked IIT Delhi as the best MBA college in Delhi NCR region. Other institutes included in the list are given below.
|College Name||NIRF Ranking 2020||NIRF Ranking 2019||Change||Average Annual Fees|
|IIT Delhi||8||9||+1||INR 5,05,000|
|MDI Gurgaon||10||12||+2||INR 9,43,000|
|IIM Rohtak||21||23||+2||INR 7,50,000|
|IIFT New Delhi||26||31||+5||INR 7,85,000|
|IMI Delhi||28||27||-1||INR 8,70,000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||34||34||0||INR 65,000|
|IMT Ghaziabad||37||41||+4||INR 10,35,000|
|BML Munjal Gurgaon||37||NP||-||INR 5,79,000|
|Amity Noida||41||49||+8||INR 3,40,000|
|Fore School of Management [FSM], New Delhi||43||38||-5||INR 15,20,000|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology||47||57||+10||INR 12,00,000|
Most of the institutes which were listed in the previous year’s list are included this year also.
- IIM Rohtak has shown improvement of 2 ranks. Now, the institute ranks at 21st position overall in India.
- However, a few top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR have seen a drop in rank this year.
The following table shows the NIRF’s Parameters for the 2020 ranking and the individual weightage they have.
|Teacher, Learning and Resource||30%|
|Research, Professional Practice, and Collaborative Performance||30%|
|Outreach and Inclusivity||15%|
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: Business Today Ranking
The following table gives the rankings released by Business Today in 2019.
|College Name||Business Today All India Rank 2019||Business Today All India Rank 2018||Change||Average Annual Fee|
|MDI Gurgaon||6||5||-1||INR 9,43,000|
|FMS Delhi||8||9||+1||INR 10,500|
|IIFT New Delhi||10||10||0||INR 7,85,000|
|IMT Ghaziabad||12||12||0||INR 10,35,000|
|IMI Delhi||13||13||0||INR 8,70,000|
|IIT Delhi||17||20||+3||INR 5,05,000|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||27||27||0||INR 12,00,000|
|LBSIM New Delhi||30||30||0||INR 11,70,000|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, Delhi||41||45||+4||INR 4,85,000|
|Delhi School of Economics||42||46||+4||INR 15,000|
Business Today has ranked MDI Gurgaon as the best MBA college in Delhi NCR this year.
- However, MDI Gurgaon has slipped by 1 position compared to its 5th rank in India last year.
- FMS Delhi has improved its position by 1 and now it ranks at 8.
- Business Today has also included less commonly discussed institutes like Asia Pacific Institute of Management and LBSIM in its list for top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR this year.
- The Delhi School of Economics is another entry from Delhi University. It has also improved its position by 4 ranks this year.
The following chart shows the division of Business Today’s ranking parameters.
Source: Business Today Official Website
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: Jagran Josh Ranking
Given below is the ranking released by Jagran Josh.
|College Name||Jagran Josh All India Rank 2019||Jagran Josh All India Rank 2018||Change||Average Annual Fees|
|FMS Delhi||7||17||+10||INR 10,500|
|MDI Gurgaon||12||10||-2||INR 9,43,000|
|IMI Delhi||13||9||-4||INR 8,70,000|
|IIFT New Delhi||14||21||+7||INR 7,85,000|
|IMT Ghaziabad||15||4||-11||INR 10,35,000|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||30||11||-19||INR 12,00,000|
|IIM Rohtak||33||48||+15||INR 7,50,000|
|Fore School of Management [FSM], New Delhi||37||25||-12||INR 15,20,000|
|LBSIM New Delhi||39||52||+13||INR 11,70,000|
|IIT Delhi||41||33||-8||INR 5,05,000|
Jagran Josh has ranked FMS Delhi as the best MBA college in Delhi NCR this year.
- The institute has seen a tremendous improvement of 10 ranks as compared to the 2018 ranking.
- Apart from FMS Delhi, IIM Rohtak and LBSIM New Delhi have also shown improvements in ranking.
- However, MDI Gurgaon and IIT Delhi have seen some drop in their Jagran Josh ranking this year.
Top Private MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: ROI (Return on Investment)
ROI or Return on Investment refers to the comparison between the average annual fee you give to a college and the average placement package you receive. Following is a list of top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR according to their ROI.
|College Name||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Package||ROI Rank*|
|FMS Delhi||INR 10,500||INR 23,10,000||1|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||INR 65,000||INR 3,80,000||2|
|IIT Delhi||INR 5,05,000||INR 16,00,000||3|
|IIFT New Delhi||INR 7,85,000||INR 18,01,000||4|
|MDI Gurgaon||INR 9,43,000||INR 20,13,000||5|
|Amity Noida||INR 3,40,000||INR 5,50,000||6|
|IIM Rohtak||INR 7,50,000||INR 11,70,000||7|
|IMI Delhi||INR 8,70,000||INR 13,11,000||8|
|IMT Ghaziabad||INR 10,35,000||INR 12,50,000||9|
|Fore School of Management [FSM], New Delhi||INR 15,20,000||INR 10,80,000||10|
FMS Delhi is the best MBA college in Delhi NCR, ROI wise.
- The institute charges an average annual fee of just INR 10,500 and offers a handsome package ranging between INR 20-25 lakh.
- Jamia Millia Islamia is also a good MBA college offering lucrative ROI.
- MDI Gurgaon and IIT Delhi rank better than IIM Rohtak for ROI.
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: Cutoff
The various colleges located in the national region of India release cutoff list every year for students to get MBA admission in their courses. Some of the cutoff scores released by these colleges for admission in their MBA courses are given in the table below.
|DMS IIT Delhi||90|
|IMI New Delhi||90|
|FMS New Delhi||98|
|Fore School of Management, Delhi||85|
These cutoff scores are only for the students of General category. To read more about what is the MBA cutoff for SC, ST and OBC students, click on the links below.
|IIM Rohtak Cutoff||FMS Delhi Cutoff|
|IMT Ghaziabad Cutoff||MDI Gurgaon Cutoff|
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: Admission Process
There are 497 top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR providing quality education to students. Out of these, 446 are private and 51 are public (government) colleges. This ratio is better explained with the bar below:
Source: Official Survey
Admissions to the top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR are mainly done through top management entrance exams.
- The list of top MBA exams includes CAT, XAT, NMAT, GMAT, etc.
- Admissions are mainly done in 3 steps: entrance exam, group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI).
- As per AICTE data for 2018-19, the top management colleges in Delhi have a total enrollment of 10,166 students.
- Currently, there are 3,078 boys enrolled and 2,362 girls enrolled in these colleges.
IIM Rohtak is the sole IIM institute in Delhi NCR region.
- The institute has been ranked 7th among all the IIMs in The Week Ranking 2018.
- IIM Rohtak received the best business school award at the 11th DNA Innovative Education Leadership Awards 2019.
- The institute offers multiple management programs including PGP, EPGPx, and even doctoral programme (DPM).
For the students seeking admission through their CAT score, IIM Rohtak has released the tentative cut-offs for the 2020-22 batch.
|Category||QA Percentile Cut-off||DI&LR Percentile Cut-off||VARC Percentile Cut-off||Total Percentile Cut-off|
The institute considers various other factors apart from CAT score to admit students. These include Written Ability Test (WAT), Personal Interview (PI), and also academic and gender diversity. The weightage division for these parameters is shown below.
Source: IIM Rohtak Official Website
The institute saw a batch size of 236 for 2018-20 session. IIM Rohtak registered 100% placement in 2020.
- The highest package this year was INR 24 LPA and the average package was INR 13.7 LPA.
- The top recruiters included Deloitte, TATA Steel, KPMG and Thomson Reuters among many others.
The domain wise placement summary for the 2018-20 batch is shown below.
Source: IIM Rohtak Official Website
MDI Gurgaon has been ranked 2nd among the top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR by NIRF.
- The institute has received an All India Rank of 10 and is 3rd in North India.
- NBA (National Board of Accreditation) has approved all the management programs of MDI Gurgaon.
- The institute is also accredited by AMDISA, a SAARC approved accreditation body.
- The institute has also been ranked 2nd by Dalal Street among the top MBA colleges in India.
There are 342 students in MDI Gurgaon’s 2017-19 batch, while the 2018-20 batch has 299. Also, 80% of these students were from an engineering background. The campus saw 106 visiting companies for placements 2019.
The highest package was INR 40.50 lakh while the average package was INR 22.05 lakh. The following graph shows the sector-wise placement division.
Source: MDI Gurgaon Official Website
FMS Delhi is one of the top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR and is affiliated to the Delhi University (DU).
- The institute has an intake of 226 students for its combined MBA full-time program.
- The institute calls students for interviews by considering CAT score in a weightage ratio of 30:30:40 for QA:DI&LR:VARC.
- Those who are shortlisted also need to go through a round of extempore debate.
The weightage criterion division is shown below.
Source: FMS Delhi Official Website
The following table shows the details for the final placements 2020.
|No. of Students in Batch||230|
|No. of Offers||234|
|Highest CTC||INR 58.6 LPA|
|Average CTC for Top 100||INR 31 LPA|
|No. of PPOs||68|
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: Entrance Exam Wise
Admissions to top MBA colleges in Delhi are done through common MBA entrance tests. Some institutes also give admissions on a direct basis. Mentioned below are lists of colleges according to the entrance exam they accept.
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR Under CAT
CAT or Common Admission Test is the most popular management entrance exam in India.
- More than 2 lakh Indian students appear for CAT every year.
- The conducting body received approximately 2.44 lakh applications for the CAT 2019 exam.
- CAT score is accepted by many top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR, 220 to be specific.
Following is a list of top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR accepting CAT score:
- Faculty of Management Studies [FMS], New Delhi
- Management Development Institute [MDI], Gurgaon
- Institute of Management Technology [IMT], Ghaziabad
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi, New Delhi
- Fore School of Management, New Delhi
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR Without CAT
Many colleges admit students through entrance tests like XAT and NMAT also. These are suggested for those students who didn’t appear for CAT and still want to pursue an MBA degree from a reputed college.
These are the top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR without CAT score:
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade [IIFT], New Delhi
- School of Inspired Leadership [SOIL], Gurgaon
- Amity University, Noida
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR Accepting MAT Score
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association) four times a year.
- The exam admits students in more than 600 MBA colleges in India.
- The exam is held in February, May, September, and December in both Online and Offline modes.
- Every year, more than 3 lakh students appear for MAT exam.
These are the top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR accepting MAT score:
- School of Inspired Leadership [SOIL], Gurgaon
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
- Institute of Management Studies [IMS], Ghaziabad
- O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonepat
|Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR Accepting XAT||Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR Accepting CMAT|
|Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR Accepting UPSEE MBA||Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR Accepting ATMA|
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: Placement Wise
Delhi NCR offers good placement opportunities to students. This owes mainly to the presence of the National Capital and IT hubs like Gurgaon and Noida.
- The average MBA college receives around 200 placement offers.
- FMS Delhi received 234 placement offers for its 2018-20 batch.
- The number of recruiters in top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR varies roughly from 60-120.
The graph below shows the CTCs offered in popular colleges in Delhi.
Source: Official Institute Websites
The top recruiters in these colleges include:
McKinsey & Company
Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Bain & Company
National Stock Exchange
J P Morgan
Many top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR register good placements for fields like Finance and Marketing. Read these colleges streamwise.
- Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR for Finance
- Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR for Operations Management
- Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR for HR
- Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR for Marketing
- Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR for Business Analytics
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR for HR
Human Resource Management is an important aspect of every corporate company. The HR team ensures that every job in the company is carried out in a smooth way and there is always support for the employees.
- HR industry in India is growing at a compound annual growth rate of 21%.
- As per a survey by Statista in 2016, 72% of the global companies believe digital HR to be an important aspect of an organization.
- 83% of the companies in South-East Asia have prioritized HR tech advancements and HR management software.
Listed below are the top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR for HR:
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- Amity Business School, Noida
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies [MRIIRS], Faridabad
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Management and Research [BVIMR], New Delhi
The average package for MBA HR in India is around INR 6 lakh.
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR for Finance
Finance is an ever-growing field and offers multiple lucrative job opportunities to students. The finance sector in India has shown an overall growth of 15% in the past and is currently continuing to grow at a rate of 8.5%.
These are the top MBA colleges in Delhi NCR for Finance studies:
- Institute of Management Technology [IMT], Ghaziabad
- Fore School of Management [FSM], New Delhi
- New Delhi Institute of Management [NDIM], New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management [IIM], Rohtak
The average package for MBA Finance in India is around INR 6.6 lakh.
|Top MBA Colleges in New Delhi||Top MBA Colleges in Haryana|
|Top MBA Colleges in Uttar Pradesh||Top MBA Colleges in Uttarakhand|
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR: FAQs
Ques. Which is the best college for MBA in Delhi?
Ans. Delhi NCR region boasts many good MBA colleges. FMS Delhi is a popular MBA college in Delhi under Delhi University and is also very cheap. The institute offers an average package of INR 23 lakh.
Ques. Is there an MBA in Delhi University?
Ans. Yes. FMS Delhi offers MBA and is a part of the Delhi University.
Ques. Is NDIM a good college for MBA?
Ans. NDIM is a good MBA college in Delhi and offers an average placement of INR 5 lakh. The annual fee for PGDM from NDIM Delhi is INR 4,65,000.
Ques. What is the fees for MBA in FMS Delhi?
Ans. The average annual fee for MBA from FMS Delhi is INR 10,500 only.
Ques. What is MBA eligibility?
Ans. The basic eligibility for MBA in India is graduation in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Ques. How can I get admission in FMS Delhi for MBA?
Ans. FMS Delhi admits students on the basis of CAT score. However, students also need to go through rounds of written ability test (WAT), an extempore speech and personal interview (PI). The institute also considers the scores of XII and X class.
Ques. What is the salary of MBA in IT?
Ans. The average MBA IT salary in India is INR 9.8 lakh.
Ques. Is NDIM AIU approved?
Ans. NDIM offers 2-year full-time PGDM program approved by AICTE and this is equivalent to an MBA offered by AIU member and NBA approved university.
Ques. Which MBA gives highest salary?
Ans. MBA Business Analytics and MBA Marketing are considered to be the most rewarding MBA streams.
Ques. Does FMS have hostel?
Ans. FMS does not have a hostel of its own and uses DU campus. However, the seats there also are restricted to just 60. Therefore, most of the students stay outside.
Ques. How much percentile is required for FMS Delhi?
Ans. Generally, the percentile cut-off for FMS Delhi is 98+.