MSc Information Technology Admission 2021 varies from college to college. The admissions to the course is usually done in the month of June – August. Few colleges accept entrance exams and others admit students by conducting interviews, written tests etc. Weightage is also given to marks / CGPA scored in bachelor's degree.
- The candidate should have a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline like BSc in IT/ CS, BCA, BE/B.Tech in IT or CS, B.Com with IT background.
- A minimum of 50% marks is required to apply for the course.
- TANCET, IPU CET are the top entrance exams conducted for MSc Information Technology admissions.
MSc IT is a 2 year post-graduate course which can be pursued in India after the completion of under-graduate course in the field of CS or IT. The course focuses on training students on the areas of software, data handling, computer analysis and its likes. The 2 years of the course are divided into 4 semesters and the average fees is about INR 80,000 – 3,00,000 per annum.
MSc IT Admission 2021: Entrance Exam Schedule
The entrance exam schedule for MSc IT Admission 2021 is given below.
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date (Tentative)||Exam Date (Tentative)|
|DUET 2021||March 2021||June 2021|
|IPU CET 2021||March 2021||April 2021|
|JNUEE 2021||March 2021||May 2021|
|TANCET 2021||19 January 2021 (closed)||20 March 2021|
|BHU UET 2021||January 2021 – February 2021||May 2021|
MSc IT Distance Education
Students who do not wish to pursue MSc IT in regular or full time mode can choose a distance education mode. Top colleges that offer MSc IT distance education are tabulated below:-
MSc IT Admission 2021: National Level Entrance Exam
The national level entrance exam is given below.
Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam (JNUEE)
JNUEE is conducted to offer admission to aspirants in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by the university. From 2018 NTA conducted this exam, before this the university itself used to conduct JNUEE. More than a lakh students take up the exam yearly.
- The eligibility to apply for MSc Information Technology is that candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern from any state or Nationally recognised Institute or university.
- They should also have scored at least 55% in all the subjects.
|Registration Date||March 2021|
|Exam Date||May 2021|
The admission process is simple, the following steps have to be followed:
- Register for JNUEE on their website, Fill application form and upload the required documents.
- Download admit card, and print it for future reference.
- Appear for an exam at the allotted centre given in the admit card.
- Check for the results and finally if your score is sufficing then you shall be enrolled for the following academic year.
Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET)
Delhi University Entrance Test is conducted by NTA in order to offer admission to aspirants in UG, PG, MPhil and PhD programmes. The DUET exam is conducted in several cities (18 plus) across the country.
- The eligibility is given to those students who have a degree in computer science with mathematics and have scored above 60% marks from a recognized board.
|Registration Date||March 2021|
|Exam Date||June 2021|
- The admission process is hassle free since most of it is online. Students need to fill the DU application form on the DU website by giving all the required details.
- Then they have to download the admit card and check for the future reference.
- Appear for the exam at the allotted centre with the admit card. After the results are announced, students may be called for an interview and if selected their class shall commence after a month or two.
MSc IT Admission 2021: State Level Entrance Exam
Below we will see in detail university level entrance exams for MSc Information Technology.
IPU CET exam is conducted for admission to UG & PG programs in the field of Dental, Engineering, Mathematics, Medical, Management and Law. The exam is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) at state level.
- Bachelor of Computer Applications / B.Sc. (Information Technology) / B.Sc.(Computer Science) degree with mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or graduate level from a University recognized by the UGC with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
- The age upper limit is 21 years.
|Registration Date||March 2021|
|Exam Date||April 2021|
- The process of the exam is simple, candidates should register by filling out the form given on their websites.
- They will receive their admit card weeks before their exam date and should print it for future reference.
- Candidates should appear for the exam fully prepared, with their admit cards in the allotted centres.
- After this the results are announced, and counselling is held online or offline and students are enrolled into the course based on parameters like skills, performance in exams etc.
Anna university has released the schedule for TANCET 2021 on its official website. This exam is conducted for granting admission to PG courses only. All the government and government aided colleges of Tamil Nadu accept TANCET score.
- Aspirants must have a qualified undergraduate degree with at least 50% marks.
- Applicants having a degree from distance education mode or weekend programs are not eligible for TANCET 2021.
|Registration Date||19 January 2021|
|Exam Date||20 March 2021|
- Candidates need to visit the official website of TANCET 2021.
- Click on “New User Registration”.
- Enter the required information and click on a register button.
- Pay the fees and appear for the examination at the allotted centre.
MSc IT Admission 2021: List of Top Colleges
|College Name||Mode of Admission||Exam / Registration Date|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||Direct Admissions||April 2021|
|Ramnarain Ruia Autonomous College, Mumbai||Merit-Based||To be announced|
|Kishinchand Chellaram College, Mumbai||Merit Based||To be announced|
|M.O.P Vaishnav College for Women||Merit Based||To be announced|
|Post Graduate Government College, Chandigarh||Merit Based||To be announced|
|Delhi University, Delhi||DUET||July 2021|
Check: All M.Sc IT Colleges here.
MSc IT Admission 2021: How to Apply?
MSc Information Technology as we have seen above is offered in a lot of colleges/universities. Candidates who want to get admission into MSc IT course need to follow simple steps.
- The first step for a candidate would be to check the eligibility criteria and then apply for the course and take up entrance exams for MSc IT.
- Then they will have to take up the exam and wait for the results.
- After the results are announced, Then students will be called for counselling and will be short-listed based on parameters like skills, merit etc.
- Then after selections are done and pay the college fees.
Step by Step Guide to MSc IT Admission
Step by Step guide to the admissions for MSc Information Technology is given below.
- For admissions through the entrance exam, students should apply for the entrance exam after checking the eligibility.
- Candidates who want to get admissions should qualify for the examination they appear in order to get admissions into the course.
- After the exam is taken up, the results are announced by the conducting body and students will be short-listed based on the performance in the exam.
- The students who are selected may further be called for interviews and group discussions.
- After this, the students are allotted seats and they should complete the remaining admission process.
For admissions to colleges whose process is based on merit, students should apply to the college either online or offline and then wait for lists to be put up by the colleges where the highest scorer gets the seat offered first. This process is followed in many colleges like Ramnarain Ruia Autonomous College Mumbai etc.
MSc IT Admission 2021: Tips to Crack the Admission
- Those who have not yet completed their under-graduation, the best thing to do would be to score good marks in all the semesters in your bachelors course.
- Those who are done with Bachelors already, learn the syllabus of the test and understand concepts.
- Revise aptitude and mathematical formulas, Learn basic Aptitude tests and mathematical formulas. Aptitude is asked in almost all the entrance tests.
- Talk to existing MSc Computer Science Students to enquire about your doubts and to know the gist of the course.
- Create handy notes, write down important formulas of mathematics.
- Understand the concepts before moving on to the next topic.
- Attempt mock tests every weekend and analyse the results.
- Work on weak points.
M.Sc IT Scope and Salary in India
MSc IT graduates can pursue higher education or can do jobs in different sectors as a IT Analyst, software developer, Network Planning Manager etc.
|Job Profile||Salary in India|
|IT Analyst||INR 3.5 LPA to 5 LPA|
|Application Programmer||INR 4 LPA to 5 LPA|
|Software Developer||INR 3 LPA to 4 LPA|
|Maintenance Engineer||INR 2 LPA to 3 LPA|
|Software Engineer||INR 4 LPA to 5 LPA|
|Technical Operations Analyst||INR 3 LPA to 3.5 LPA|
|Testing Engineer||INR 3.5 LPA to 4 LPA|
MSc IT Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques: How much does it cost to pursue MSc Information technology Program in India?
Ans: It costs about INR 80,000 – 3,00,000 to pursue MSc Information Technology.
Ques: Which are the top recruiting companies in India?
Ans: The top recruiters for MSc Information Technology are TCS, IBM, Infosys, HCL, Accenture etc.
Ques: What is the average salary offered?
Ans: The average salary offered to a graduate in MSc IT is about INR 3 – 5 Lakhs per annum.
Ques: What are the job profiles available?
Ans: The job profiles for a MSc graduate are: Software Developer, IT analyst, Maintenance Engineer, Application programmer are available for a graduate in MSc Information Technology.
Ques: Can a 10+3 Diploma holder apply for the course?
Ans: No, 10+3 Diploma students are not eligible for the course. The minimum eligibility is that the students must be having a bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
Ques: Which College provides the course through distance?
Ans: Colleges like Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education, Anna University Distance Education provide MSc Information Technology through distance.
Ques: Can I do further studies after MSc Information technology?
Ans: Yes, After completion of MSc Information Technology, you can pursue M.Phil or PhD in relevant fields. MBA Information Technology can also be pursued if you are looking for a managerial post.