National Law University, Delhi (NLU-D) decides AILET Eligibility Criteria each year. In order to apply online, law aspirants must fulfill all the eligibility conditions (for LLB and LLM) defined by the regulating authority. The criteria are based on the following factors:
Latest: The application form is available on the official website till March 30, 2019. Apply Now
- Age Limits and
- Minimum Educational Qualification
AILET Eligibility varies as per program (LLB, LLM, and Ph.D.) opted by the law aspirant. Listed below is a brief about the same:
- For LLB Course, 50% aggregate marks in class 12 for General category (30% aggregate marks for Reserved Category in class 12).
- For LLM Course, LLB or an equivalent degree from a recognized university with not less than 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD candidates)
- For Ph.D., LLM degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD).
This year, AILET 2019 is scheduled for May 5 in pen-paper based mode. The law entrance examination is conducted annually by NLU-D for admissions to LLB, LLM and Ph.D. programs. For AILET 2017, 17,054 candidates appeared for the exam.
AILET Eligibility 2019 for BA LLB
Through AILET, NLUs offer admission to 80 seats in the five-year B.A (L.L.B) program. Admission to the First Year of LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Program is made strictly on merit, based on the All India Entrance Examination.
1) 10 seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals for direct admission to the law school.
2) Foreign Nationals should have 65% marks in the qualifying examination in order to take admissions.
AILET Academic Criteria for LLB
- A graduate in 10+2 or an equivalent examination securing not less than 50%in aggregate
- Candidates appearing in 12th Class examination in March/ April 2019, can apply for AILET 2019.
1) At the time of Interview, carry a proof of having passed the qualifying examination meeting the prescribed criteria.
2) In case, candidate fails in qualifying examination or gets a compartment in any subject then the university reserves the rights to cancel the admission of students in accordance with the rules.
AILET Age Criteria for LLB
- As per the updates, NLU Delhi has withdrawn the age eligibility criteria for this year.
- This came into force according to a notification released in February 2019.
Qualifying Marks in AILET
Presented below in the table is the qualifying marks for admission to BA LLB programs through AILET 2019.
|Category||AILET 2019 Qualifying Marks|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||85|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||83|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||78|
AILET Eligibility 2019 for LLM
NLU offers a one-year course in LLM. There are 40 seats available for law graduates. The eligibility criteria for LLM course are listed below:
AILET Academic Criteria for LLM
- LLB or an equivalent degree from a recognised university with 55% aggregate marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwD)
- Law students in their final year of LLB in April/ May 2019 can also fill in AILET Application Form.
Note – Final year candidates have to produce the proof of the qualifying examination at the time of final admissions.
- The admissions under foreign nationals shall be made on the following basis:
- academic record of L.L.B or an equivalent degree recognized by the UGC/ Association of Indian Universities with 55% marks or equivalent grade.
- assessment of communication skills in written and spoken English and performance in the interview in terms of aptitude and capacity
Note – Foreign National do not have to appear for the All India Law Entrance Examination.
AILET Age Criteria for LLM
- There is no age bar for appearing in AILET 2019 for admission to LLM program.
AILET Eligibility 2019 for Ph.D.
Law candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. course must comply with the eligibility standards. There are 5 seats available for the program. Listed below are the criteria for the same:
AILET Academic Criteria for Ph.D.
- L.L.M degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD)
- The admission is strictly merit-based i.e. performance of a candidate in AILET, conducted by the NLU Delhi.
- UGC NET/ JRF, SLET, and M.Phil. are exempted from taking the entrance test.
- Also exempted are the judges of the Supreme Court and the High Court if they fulfill their eligibility criteria.
- Qualified candidates have to submit a research proposal and after its scrutiny, only those candidates whose proposal is approved by the Scrutiny Committee will make a presentation before the Doctoral Committee on the proposal topic of research on a date notified by the University.
AILET Age Limit for Ph.D.
- There is no age limit to pursue Ph.D. program.
AILET 2019 Reservation
Apart from AILET Eligibility Criteria, National Law University declares the reservation policies for different categories. AILET Reservation Criteria for different courses are detailed below:
AILET 2019 Reservation Criteria for LLB
- Out of the total 80 seats in L.L.B program, 10% are reserved for foreign nationals. Of the 75 seats, 15% is reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 3% for Persons with Disability to be filled through AILET.
- The unfulfilled seats reserved for the SC category shall be assigned to the ST category and vice-versa. However, if the seats still remain vacant they shall be filled by the general category.
- Also, at 30% of the total seats shall be filled by eligible horizontal reservation for women candidates including those selected in reserved and foreign national categories. Selected candidates will be arranged in order of merit in each category.
- Moreover, one additional seat is reserved for Kashmiri migrants and are required to appear in the entrance and fulfill the eligibility criteria to secure admission.
Presented below in the table is the distribution of seats in L.L.B:
|Persons with Disability||3%|
|J & K||2%|
AILET 2019 Reservation Criteria for LLM
- The total numbers of seats offered in the L.L.M course are twenty with 15% reserved for the SC, 7.5% for the ST and 2.5% for Persons with Disability.
- Five seats are allotted to the foreign national candidates having the citizenship of any country other than India. Moreover, seats left vacant in the foreign national category are filled by the general category in order of merit. Read More About AILET Reservation
Presented below in the table is the distribution of seats in L.L.M:
|Persons with Disability||2.5%|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College