CMAT 2021 eligibility criteria are specified by NTA for candidates seeking admission to top AICTE affiliated colleges across India. The candidates belonging to the general category must hold a 3 years bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall aggregate of 50%. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories need a minimum of 45% marks in their university degree. Individuals from all age groups (21-50+) could apply for CMAT 2021. CMAT 2021 has been successfully conducted on March 31, 2021. Check Here
CMAT is a three-hour computer-based online test conducted to evaluate a candidate’s ability in Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. It comprises 100 questions segregated into 4 sections. A new optional section on Innovation & Entrepreneurship has been introduced in CMAT 2021. Read CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
CMAT Latest Updates
April 9: CMAT 2021 Result Out. Check here
March 31: CMAT 2021 has been conducted today.
March 24: CMAT Admit Card released. Check here
Common Management Aptitude Test is a post-graduate level entrance exam for individuals who wish to gain admission into management programs and executive-level courses. Clearing CMAT eligibility offers candidates the opportunity to attain access to many highly prestigious PGCM, MBA, PGDM, and Executive PGDM programs.
- Applicants from all streams i.e. Arts, Commerce, Science can appear for the examination. It is mandatory that one has a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum duration of 3 years to be eligible.
- Students who have recently obtained their undergraduate degrees from university can apply alongside those with multiple years of work experience. Any candidate who is applying for CMAT 2021 must be an Indian resident.
- For those who would like to appear for the examination prior to leaving university, they can do so under the contingency that their results are declared before the 2021-2022 academic year commences. It is also vital that such applicants provide the correct official documents that prove that they fulfill the academic requirements.
CMAT 2021 Eligibility Highlights
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in any stream, final year students can apply|
|CMAT Minimum Passing Marks||No minimum marks|
|Age Limit||No age limit|
|CMAT Eligible Colleges||1000+|
CMAT 2021 General Eligibility Criteria
Academic Requirement: Applicants must hold a graduation degree in any discipline. Those pursuing their graduation are also eligible to apply. 50% marks are minimum required from General category candidates whereas relaxation of 5% is granted to reserved category applicants. CS/CA/ICWA or any other professional degree holders with a minimum requisite percentage are also eligible for CMAT 2021 according to the updated eligibility criteria.
Nationality: Candidates have to essentially be an Indian citizen,holding valid ID proofs.
Age Limit: WIth the latest CMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria, the maximum age limit to appear for the examination has been scrapped.
CMAT 2021 Course-Wise Eligibility Criteria
CMAT eligibility criteria for admission to the PGDM/MBA, PGCM and Executive PGDM programs will be as per the requirements defined by the individual University/Institution. The program-wise eligibility criteria for CMAT 2021 is listed below:
|Name of the Programme||Eligibility Details|
|MBA, PGDM, etc.|| |
|Executive PGDM|| |
|Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM)|| |
Download Free CMAT Sample Papers
Who is Not Eligible for CMAT 2021?
Candidates who are willing to appear for CMAT 2021 need to fulfil the above mention eligibility criteria. Candidates who do fail to do so cannot apply for the examination. Below mentioned are the conditions under which aspirants are not eligible to apply for CMAT 2021:
- Candidates who are not currently pursuing or have not completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- Aspirants who do not possess CS/CA/ICWA or any other professional degree.
- Candidates who belong to the General category and have a percentage score of less than 50%
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST/PwD category and have a percentage score of less than 45%
- Possess a graduation degree which is not AICTE/UGC/Government of India recognised
CMAT Reservation Criteria 2021
For admission to a participating institute, the candidate must see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. These reservation percentages are applicable to colleges and institutes that fall under the dominion of the Government of India. Private entities may hold different rules and regulations for reserved candidates.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|PwD (each category)||5%|
Other Backward Classes
(OBC–NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website ncbc.nic. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the category column. State list OBC candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General category.
Persons with disabilities (PwD)
It means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with a disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. “Specified Disability” means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
Categories of Disabilities:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specified learning disability, and mental illness
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (i) to (iv)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
CMAT Eligibility for Scribe/Reader
Candidates who possess disabilities that fall under the blindness, locomotor disability or cerebral palsy category can avail the facilitiy of a reader/assistant/scribe to aid them in completing the CMAT. Applicants who require such aids must submit a request to the CMAT 2021 exam center superintendent. The request should include their requirements for a scribe/reader, as well as a official certicate issued by a mandated medical officer dated prior to January 21 ,2021.
- The scribe/reader that will be provided by the superintendent will be a least academically one year junior to the candidate. This will limit the possibility of bias and fraud in the examination.
- Candidates must aquaint themselves with their scribe/reader a day before the examination so that they can validate their suitability and create a general rapport.
- Test-takers who have availed the benefit of a scribe will be alloted 60 minutes extra to complete their examination.
Documents Required for CMAT 2021 Reservation
For seeking the benefits of CMAT 2021 Reservation under Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), the girl child category and Defence Persons category, the candidate must submit the required certificates and documents:
- Caste Certificate
- Dependent Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Proformas etc., whichever applicable, according to the guidelines of the particular college/ institute.
Without sufficient documentary proof, no candidate will be given any benefits of reservation of seats.
Once the category is indicated by the candidate at the time of submitting CMAT Application form, along with documentary proof, it will not be changed afterward in any case. Hence, the candidate must read and understand the conditions of reservation of seats carefully before applying.
Salient FAQs on Eligibility
CMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ques. What are the eligibility conditions for a scribe/reader defined by AICTE?
Ans. The candidate must fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for a scribe:
- It is not a family member or friend.
- Is not involved in any academic tutoring or preparation for the test to be administered.
- Has not completed 19 years of age as of January 20, 2021.
- Educational qualification must be lower than that of the CMAT applicant.
Note: The age certificate/DOB certificate of Scribe has to be presented at the CMAT Test Center.
Ques. Can I appear for CMAT just for practice, though I am aware that I am not eligible for the exam?
Ans. No. Only candidates who meet the CMAT eligibility criteria can appear for the test.
Ques. Who is eligible to take the test under the PWD category?
Ans. Candidate suffering from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a medical authority, will be considered under PWD category. Following are the categories defined by AICTE for PWD candidates:
- Visually impaired
- Physically handicapped
- Hearing Impairment
Ques. If I have completed my graduation through part-time or distance learning mode, am I eligible to appear for CMAT exam?
Ans. Yes; as long as several statutory bodies approve it.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.