CMAT Selection Procedure 2019 is carried out individually by all the AICTE-approved Institutions accepting CMAT Score. The selection rounds are expected to begin from the fourth week of February. Once CMAT Result is declared, colleges will release an official list of candidates who get shortlisted for CMAT Selection Procedure. CMAT Selection Process includes a Group Discussion round, Personal Interview (PI) and/or Written Ability Test (WAT).
Colleges then release the final CMAT Merit List on the basis of marks scored in CMAT and the selection rounds combined. Selected candidates will participate in CMAT Counselling, expected to begin from March 2019. Read on the following article to know more about CMAT selection process, important dates and admission process.
CMAT 2019 Important Dates
Given below are all important dates for the reference of candidates:
|CMAT Exam Date 2019||January 28, 2019|
|CMAT Result Date 2019||February 10, 2019|
|CMAT 2019 Selection Procedure||February-March 2019|
CMAT 2019 Selection Criteria
CMAT Selection Procedure consists of 3 stages and these stages vary from college to college. These steps are given below –
- CMAT 2019 Score
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI) and/or Written Ability Test (WAT)
- After the shortlisting of students based on their CMAT 2019 scores, a merit list is prepared. Those candidates whose names appear in CMAT merit list will be called for the next round of selection process.
- Qualified candidates are required to visit the respective institutes for which they have applied in their application process for the purpose of final selection.
- Multiple rounds of selection are held at the campus of the concerned institute. CMAT 2019 scores will be accepted by about 1000 institutes approved by AICTE.
- Based on the performance of a candidate in the various rounds of GD, PI and WAT, the final list of students selected for admission will be either put up on the official website or notified through individual call letters to the selected students.
Read How to prepare for CMAT in a month?
CMAT Selection Procedure 2019- Group Discussion
Group Discussion is conducted for candidates who clear CMAT 2019. The candidate will be required to travel to the respective institute in which they have applied as the further rounds will be conducted at the college’s campus.
- Group Discussion round is aimed at figuring out how the candidate tends to work in a team. The candidate may be tested for an inclination to take charge or initiative. An optimistic, positive attitude and a tendency to resolve conflicts and ensure that the team members can move forward smoothly are traits that are desirable.
- As a part of GD, candidates may be split into groups of 10 or so and then, they may be given a topic related to current affairs or business affairs to discuss. The time duration for the GD may be anything from five to ten minutes.
- Points are awarded on the basis of the initiation skill (who starts off the GD), negotiation skills (who convinces other of his or her idea), managerial skills (who is able to ensure that the GD doesn’t get off track and goes on smoothly), encouragement skills (who is able to ensure that everyone gets a chance to voice out their opinions) and closure skills (who is able to summarise the points discussed and bring the GD to a meaningful end.
- Some other traits that are looked for are creative and logical thinking. Analytical skills and an in-depth knowledge of the topic at hand are aspects that are valued. The candidate must also be able to project a confident, take-charge image. Leadership qualities are highly appreciated in Group Discussion rounds.
- Candidates may also be given a real-life business scenario to test their business and managerial acumen. In such a situation, the candidate should try to ensure that he doesn’t come under any kind of stress and manages to steer his or her way through the exercise calmly and smoothly
Read Preparation Tips for GD/PI Round
CMAT Selection Procedure 2019- Personal Interview
Candidates who successfully qualify CMAT Group Discussion round are called for the next round of the selection procedure, which is Personal Interview (PI). This round is aimed at getting to know who the candidate really is as compared to how he works with others in a team, which is usually assessed through the prior round of Group Discussion.
- Personal Interview is not affected by external factors such as past academic performance or other fellow candidates. It is just the candidate with the interviewers. So it is important to make sure that the candidates are well-prepared for this round and are able to positively clear it.
- A confident personality, a creative thought process and an innovative bent of mind are the parameters that are looked for in the candidate. If the candidate can maintain a calm and composed persona without getting flustered under pressure, then chances are that he or she would get selected, given everything else is in order.
- This round of Personal Interaction also provides the candidate with an opportunity to explain his or her past academic performance, any prior voluntary work he may have done and other achievements. The panel’s aim here is to get to know the candidate and determine if he would fit in well with the college’s culture. So, it is highly recommended that the candidates do their homework and find out all the important information of the B-school that they are appearing for.
- The candidate should know the answers to some very common questions like “Tell us something about yourself” and “What are your strengths and weaknesses”.
- Here, the candidate gets an opportunity to turn the interview in his or her favour. The panel on the other hand, also gets the chance to drill the candidates about any existing loopholes. Hence, the candidate should be able to justify anything that has been mentioned in his profile and have reasonable explanations for any discrepancies.
- The interviewers are sometimes known to ask such questions that are designed specifically to put the candidate under undue stress. In such a situation, as soon as the candidate realises that the panel is trying to test him, he must try to maintain his cool and reply with confidence.
- If the candidate is able to face the pressure test successfully, it immediately proves his managerial worth to the panel and tells them that the interviewee would perform well under real-life stress situations. Hence, it is very important for the candidates to ensure that they don’t get nervous at any point and are able to navigate any sharp corners with ease.
- In addition to the Personal Interview, some institutes may also conduct a Written Ability Test (WAT). This round is designed to test the candidate’s awareness of world affairs or his opinion on certain important issues. Reading the newspaper regularly and going through important magazines is highly recommended for successful preparation of this round.
CMAT 2019 Final Selection
The final selection for CMAT 2019 will be done on the basis of a candidate’s performance in all the above-mentioned stages. A final merit list will be prepared after taking into consideration the candidate’s performance in Group discussion, Personal Interview and/or Written Ability Test rounds.
Those candidates who have been selected by the Institute for final admissions will be notified either through their call letters which may be sent to them via post or email, or a list may be declared on the website of the institute.
Candidates are hence advised to check the official websites of different institutes to which they have applied regularly and also, to check their emails frequently.
CMAT Admission Process
There are more than 1000+ management institutes that take admission based on CMAT score.
- It is mandatary to present CMAT Admit Card at the time of counselling. It is available at the official website of AICTE.
- Before the seat allocation process, all their original documents are verified.
- Admission in the allotted college and course is confirmed only after the payment of admission fee.
- Final allocation of college and course is done as per candidate’s preference and marks.
Candidates have to register for the CMAT and need to apply separately to the B-school by visiting their respective website in order to be eligible for admission.
Documents Required for CMAT Admission 2019
Candidates must carry all the required documents at the time of counselling process. Failing to present the required document will result in ineligibility to participate in seat allotment process. Given below is the list of important required document candidates must carry with them:
- CMAT 2019 Result
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Domicile Certificate or Official Address
- Common Management Admission Test Call Letter
- Matriculation Marks memo or equivalent & Certificate
- Intermediate Mark list and Certificate
- Graduation Marks sheet
- CMAT Admit Card 2019
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Income Certificate
- Six recent colored Photographs
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, License, Passport)
- Photocopies of all the certificate
CMAT Selection Process FAQ's
Ques: What is the starting date of CMAT selection process?
Ans: CMAT 2019 selection process is expected to start in Fourth week of February.
Ques: If I forget to brought Admit Card at the time of Counselling what will be the consequences?
Ans: If you forget any of the required documents at the time of counselling you will not be allowed to sit in the selection process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College