CMAT Selection Procedure 2021 will be carried out by the AICTE approved participating institutes individually as NTA does not organize any centralized selection process. More than 1000 colleges offering MBA/PGDM courses will participate in the CMAT Selection Procedure. CMAT Result 2021 has been declared by NTA on April 9, 2021, & CMAT Counselling is expected to begin soon.
CMAT Score is accepted by more than 1000 AICTE affiliated institutions across the country. Group Discussion, WAT, and PI rounds are conducted by these institutions to select prospective candidates. Check CMAT Participating Colleges
CMAT Latest Updates
- May 14: Last date to apply for admission at SIES, Navi Mumbai is May 15, 2021. Check here
- May 14: Admission is open for admission to PGDM(IBM and RM) courses at BIMTECH, Noida. Check here
- May 13: XIME Bangalore has extended the last date for admission to May 15, 2021. Check here
- April 22: CMAT Cut Off will be released separately by each participating college. Check here
- April 20: Know CMAT 2021 Topper’s AIR, Name, and Percentile. Check here
- April 17: CMAT Score vs Percentile 2021. Check here
- April 2: Great Lakes Institute of Management has started inviting applications for admission to PGDM courses. Check here
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will also release the final CMAT Merit List which will include the candidate’s All India rank, sectional score, and overall score. CMAT Cutoff will be declared by each college separately and based on this, candidates can apply to the colleges of their preference as per their rank and score mentioned on the CMAT Merit list. Check CMAT 2021 Merit list
It is mandatory to present CMAT Admit Card at the time of counselling. Before the seat allocation process, all the original documents are verified. Admission to the allotted college and course is confirmed only after the payment of the admission fee. One must pay excessive heed to the application dates of their respective colleges so that they don’t miss the registration deadlines for their preferred courses.
The final allocation of college and course is done as per the candidate’s preference and marks. Check CMAT 2021 Counselling process
Highlights of CMAT Selection Procedure 2021
|Conducting Body||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Name of the Exam||CMAT 2021|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Date||March 31, 2021|
|Declaration of Result||April 9, 2021|
|Commencement of CMAT Counselling 2021||To be announced|
|Documents to Carry for CMAT Counselling||Admit Card, Scorecard, Identity Proof, Educational Degrees, Photograph|
CMAT Selection Process 2021: Important Dates
CMAT Counselling is expected to begin soon. Given below are the important dates for CMAT 2019 Counselling process for your reference:
|CMAT 2021 Application Begins||December 23, 2020|
|CMAT 2021 Exam Date||March 31, 2021|
|CMAT 2021 Result Date||April 9, 2021|
|Release of CMAT Merit list 2021||To be announced|
|Start of CMAT 2021 Counselling||To be announced|
CMAT 2021 Selection Criteria/Stages
CMAT Selection Procedure consists of 5 stages and these stages may vary from college to college. These steps are given below –
- CMAT 2021 Result: CMAT Result is declared and the scorecards are released.
- Preparation of CMAT Merit List: After shortlisting the students based on their CMAT 2021 scores, a merit list is prepared.
- Group Discussion (GD): Qualified candidates are required to visit the respective institutes for which they have applied for the CMAT Selection Procedure 2021. Multiple rounds of selection are held at the campus of the concerned institute. Every college conducts the GD round during its selection process.
- Personal Interview (PI) and/or Written Ability Test (WAT): These rounds are conducted for candidates who clear the Group Discussion round.
- Final Admission process: Based on the performance of a candidate in the various rounds of GD, PI and WAT, the final list of students selected will be prepared. Candidates need to confirm their admission by payment of the admission fee.
CMAT Selection Procedure 2021
CMAT Selection Process begins after the declaration of result. The various rounds held for selection include Group Discussion, Written Ability Test and Personal Interview. It is important to note that every Participating college follows its own CMAT Selection procedure and there is no centralized process for CMAT Selection 2021.
Candidates who clear CMAT 2021 will have to appear for the Group discussion round. The candidates will be required to travel to the respective institute to which they have applied as the further rounds will be conducted at the colleges’ campus.
- As a part of GD, candidates will be grouped into 10 or so and given a topic related to current trends or business affairs to discuss.
- Points are awarded on the basis of the applicant’s initiation skill (who starts off the GD), negotiation skills (who convinces others of his idea), managerial skills (who is able to ensure that the GD doesn’t get off track and goes on smoothly), encouragement skills (who is able to ensure that everyone gets a chance to voice out their opinions) and closure skills (who is able to summarise the points discussed and bring the GD to a meaningful end).
- Some other traits that are accounted for are creative and logical thinking. Analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of the topic are aspects that are valued.
- Leadership qualities are highly appreciated in Group Discussion rounds.
- Candidates may also be given a real-life business scenario to test their business and managerial acumen.
Written Ability Test (WAT)
In addition to the Group Discussion round, some institutes may also conduct a Written Ability Test (WAT) for CMAT Selection 2021. Conducting the WAT round will be at the sole discretion of the concerned college.
- WAT tests a candidate’s writing and interpretation skills.
- This round is designed to test the candidate’s awareness of world affairs or his opinions on certain important issues as a candidate may be required to write an essay on a given topic in the prescribed time.
- Candidates are marked for their critical thinking skills, grammar usage, analytical skills and general awareness.
- Reading a newspaper regularly and going through important magazines is highly recommended for the successful preparation of this round.
Candidates who successfully qualify CMAT Group Discussion & Written Ability Test(in some cases) rounds are called for the next round of the selection procedure, which is Personal Interview (PI). This round is aimed at analyzing the personality traits of the candidate and his potentials.
- Personal Interview is not affected by external factors such as other fellow candidates’ opinions. It is just the candidate with the interviewers. So it is essential to make sure that the candidates are well-prepared for this round and can positively clear it.
- A confident personality, a creative thought process and an innovative bent of mind are the parameters that are looked for in the candidate. If the candidate can maintain a calm and composed persona without getting flustered under pressure, then his chances of being selected are higher, given everything else is in order.
- This round of Personal Interaction also provides the candidate with an opportunity to explain his or her past academic performance, any prior voluntary work he may have done and other achievements. The panel’s aim here is to get to know the candidate and determine if he would fit in well with the college’s culture. So, it is highly recommended that the candidates do their homework and find out all the important information about the B-school that they appear for.
- The candidate should prepare answers to some very common questions like “Tell us something about yourself” and “What are your strengths and weaknesses.”
- Here, the candidate gets an opportunity to turn the interview in his or her favour. The panel, on the other hand also gets the chance to drill the candidates about any existing loopholes. Hence, the candidate should be able to justify anything that has been mentioned in his profile and have reasonable explanations for any discrepancies.
- The interviewers are sometimes known to ask such questions that are explicitly designed to put the candidate under undue stress. In such a situation, as soon as the candidate realizes that the panel is trying to test him, he must try to maintain his cool and reply with confidence.
- If the candidate can face the pressure test successfully, it immediately proves his managerial worth to the panel and tells them that the interviewee would perform well under real-life stress situations. Hence, it is very important for the candidates to ensure that they don’t get nervous at any point and can navigate any sharp corners with ease.
CMAT 2021 Final Selection
The final selection for CMAT 2021 will be done based on a candidate’s performance in all the stages mentioned above. A final merit list will be prepared after taking into consideration the candidate’s performance in Group discussion, Personal Interview, and/or Written Ability Test.
Those candidates who have been selected by the Institute for final admissions will be notified either through their call letters which may be sent to them via post or email, or a list may be declared on the website of the institute.
Candidates are hence advised to regularly check the official websites of different institutes to which they apply and must also check the emails frequently.
CMAT 2021 Counselling Process
CMAT 2021 Counselling process will begin soon as the results have already been declared by NTA on April 9, 2021. Candidates have to register themselves on the official website to participate. After successful registration, they have to give their preference for college and course. The examination authority will then verify the required documents. Candidates failing to present the required documents will be disqualified. Confirmation of admission will be done only after the payment of the admission fee. Given below are the steps in the counselling process of CMAT:
Step 1: Online Registration
Candidates need to visit the official website of CMAT registers themselves by submitting the required information. Registration will be confirmed when ‘Successfully Registered’ will displayed on the screen.
Step 2: Choice Filling and Locking
Candidates need to click on the link of ‘Web Options Entry’ and Select the colleges and courses of their choice from the list of options.
Step 3: Verification of Documents
After the GD/PI rounds, selected candidates will be called for document verification. Candidates are required to carry their documents in original and photocopy. The verification authority will verify all the submitted documents. Non-availability of the required document will lead to disqualification
Step 4: Allotment of Seats
Allotment of seats will base on two factors given below:
- Number of seats available
- Preference of courses given by Candidate
Step 5: Reporting to the college
Candidates should report to their allotted college before the last date and pay the admission fee in order to confirm their admission.
Candidates must note the following Key Points:
- There are more than 1000+ management institutes that take admission based on CMAT score.
- It is mandatory to present CMAT Admit Card at the time of counselling.
- Before the seat allocation process, all their original documents are verified.
- Admission to the allotted college and course is confirmed only after the payment of the admission fee.
- The final allocation of college and course is done as per the candidate’s preference and marks.
Candidates have to register for CMAT and need to apply separately to the B-schools by visiting their respective websites to be eligible for admission.
Documents Required for CMAT Counselling 2021
Candidates must keep their important documents handy before appearing in the CMAT counselling process. Failing to present the required documents will result in disqualification of candidature. Given below is the list of important documents that candidates must carry with them:
- CMAT 2021 Result/Scorecard
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Domicile Certificate or Proof of Official Address
- CMAT Call Letter
- Matriculation Marksheet or equivalent Certificate
- Graduation Marksheet
- CMAT 2021 Admit Card
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Six recent passport size photographs
- ID Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, License, Passport)
Top CMAT Score Accepting Colleges
Given below are some of the top colleges accepting CMAT Score. Candidates clearing CMAT 2021 Cutoff and qualifying for the pre-admission rounds will be called for the counselling process.
|Institute Name||CMAT Percentile||CMAT Cutoff Marks|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||85||180|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||70+||120+|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||75+||160+|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology, (BIMTECH) Greater Noida||95+||200+|
|Christ University, Bangalore||70+||-|
|Doon Business school, Dehradun||-||160|
|Department of Management Studies, NIT Durgapur||-||156|
|Flame University School of Business (FLAME) Pune||80+||140+|
|Galgotias Business School, Greater Noida||60||-|
|GIBS Business School, Bangalore||70+||120+|
|GITAM School of International Business||-||150|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||95+||200+|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||95+||200+|
|Institute of Financial Management and Research, Changambakkam||95+||200+|
|International Institute of Business Studies (IIBS), Bangalore||70+||120+|
|International Institue of Management Studies (IIMS), Pune||70+||120+|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||70+||120+|
CMAT Selection Process 2021 FAQs
Ques. What are the main differences between CAT, MAT and CMAT?
Ans. All three entrance tests are conducted for providing admission into management level courses in colleges throughout India. It is generally accepted that out of the three CAT is the hardest to rank in since there are more candidates competing for the limited seats. The remaining differences are based on the types of institutions that accept the specified exam scores, the duration of the exam, and the number of questions asked in the exam.
|No. of Papers||1 (Computer Based Test)||1 (Computer Based Test)||1 (Computer Based Test)|
|No. of Questions||100||200||100|
|Duration||3 hours||150 minutes||3 hours|
|No. of sections||3 (Quant, Verbal, DI & LR)||5 (QA, VA, Reasoning, Data Analysis, Indian and Global Environment)||4 (QA, DI & LR, VA, GA)|
|No. of times the exam is conducted in a year||1||4||1|
|Top Institutes Accepting exam scores||JBIMS, Goa Institute of Management, SIMSREE, Sydenham, SIES, KJ Somaiya etc.||TAPMI, Amity, Flame, Jaipuria||All IIMs, FMS, DCE, SP Jain, IITD etc.|
Ques. Can I bring a watch with me to the CMAT 2021?
Ans. Candidates are NOT allowed to carry any instrument/geometry/pencil box, purses to the exam. any kind of paper/stationery or textual material. Candidates are not allowed to carry any electronic watches or gadgets that are metallic in nature to the examination room/ hall.
Ques. How do I study for the GK and Current Affairs sections in CMAT?
Ans. General Awareness questions are divided into two main sections: Static GK and Current GK. Current GK includes questions that are based on economic and fiscal policies, country-wise denominations, new scientific endeavours, and world politics. On the other hand, Static GK mainly focuses on the arts, culture and historical events.
Candidates can use the following resources to study for General Awareness:
- General Knowledge by Disha Experts
- The Hindu
- The Financial Times
- Business Today
- Competition Success Review
- Financial Express
- Wall Street Journal
- Business World
- Arihant GK
- Economic Times
- Hindu Business Line
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent’s GK
Candidates can brush up their current affairs by focusing on Competition Success Review, Arihant GK, Wall Street Journal and by being subscribed to google updates.
Ques. How do I prepare for history in the CMAT 2021 General Awareness section?
Ans. A vital topic in general awareness is the history section. To prepare for history, candidates can use the following:
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent’s GK
- 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th standard social studies and history books
- Many editorials, news pieces and interviews of eminent personalities are published in newspapers such as The Hindu, Indian Express, Hindustan Times, and Times of India
Ques. How do I prepare for economy in the CMAT 2021 General Awareness section?
Ans. Candidates can utilize the following to increase their economic insight:
- The Financial Times
- Financial Express
- Economic Times
- Hindu Business Line
- Business World
- Business Today
Ques. Which business schools in Pune accept CMAT 2021 scores?
Ans. There are many good colleges that accept CMAT scores in Pune. Here are some of the following:
- Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth
- Singhad Institute
- MIT School of Business
- Indira School of Business Studies
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.