CMAT Selection Procedure 2020, Dates, Admission Process
CMAT Selection Procedure is carried out individually by all the AICTE-Approved Institutions accepting CMAT Score. The selection rounds are expected to begin in February 2020.
- After the declaration of results, the participating colleges will release the final CMAT Merit List of shortlisted candidates for the selection procedure.
- Selected candidates will participate in CMAT Counselling, expected to begin from March 2020.
- 1000+ MBA/PGDM colleges will participate in the CMAT Selection Procedure.
- The admission process includes a Group Discussion round, Personal Interview (PI) and/or Written Ability Test (WAT).
Check CMAT Participating Colleges
Read on the following article to know more about CMAT Selection Process, Important Dates and Admission Process.
CMAT 2020 Important Dates
Given below are all important dates for the reference of candidates:
|CMAT Exam Date 2020||January 27, 2020 |
|CMAT Result Date 2020||February 5, 2020|
|CMAT 2020 Selection Procedure||February-March 2020|
CheckCMAT Exam Pattern
CMAT 2020 Selection Criteria
CMAT Selection Procedure consists of 3 stages and these stages may vary from college to college. These steps are given below –
- CMAT 2020 Score
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI) and/or Written Ability Test (WAT)
- After the shortlisting the students based on their CMAT 2020 scores, a merit list is prepared.
- Qualified candidates are required to visit the respective institutes for which they have applied in their application process for final selection.
- Multiple rounds of selection are held at the campus of the concerned institute.
- Based on the performance of a candidate in the various rounds of GD, PI and WAT, the final list of students selected will be prepared.
Read How to Prepare for CMAT in a Month?
CMAT Selection Procedure 2020- Group Discussion
Candidates who will clear CMAT 2020 will appear in Group discussion. The candidate will be required to travel to the respective institute in which they have applied as the further rounds will be conducted at the college’s campus.
- As a part of GD, candidates will be grouped into 10 or so, they will be given a topic related to current affairs or business affairs to discuss.
- Points are awarded on the basis of the initiation skill (who starts off the GD), negotiation skills (who convinces other of his or her idea), managerial skills (who is able to ensure that the GD doesn’t get off track and goes on smoothly), encouragement skills (who is able to ensure that everyone gets a chance to voice out their opinions) and closure skills (who is able to summarise the points discussed and bring the GD to a meaningful end).
- Some other traits that are looked for are creative and logical thinking. Analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of the topic at hand are aspects that are valued.
- Leadership qualities are highly appreciated in Group Discussion rounds.
- Candidates may also be given a real-life business scenario to test their business and managerial acumen.
Read Preparation Tips for GD/PI Round
CMAT Selection Procedure 2020- Personal Interview
Candidates who successfully qualify CMAT Group Discussion round are called for the next round of the selection procedure, which is Personal Interview (PI). This round is aimed at getting to know who the candidate, how he works with others in a team, which is usually assessed through the previous round of Group Discussion.
- Personal Interview is not affected by external factors such as past academic performance or other fellow candidates. It is just the candidate with the interviewers. So it is essential to make sure that the candidates are well-prepared for this round and can positively clear it.
- A confident personality, a creative thought process and an innovative bent of mind are the parameters that are looked for in the candidate. If the candidate can maintain a calm and composed persona without getting flustered under pressure, then the chances are that he or she would get selected, given everything else is in order.
- This round of Personal Interaction also provides the candidate with an opportunity to explain his or her past academic performance, any prior voluntary work he may have done and other achievements. The panel’s aim here is to get to know the candidate and determine if he would fit in well with the college’s culture. So, it is highly recommended that the candidates do their homework and find out all the important information of the B-school that they appear for.
- The candidate should know the answers to some very common questions like “Tell us something about yourself” and “What are your strengths and weaknesses.”
- Here, the candidate gets an opportunity to turn the interview in his or her favor. The panel, on the other hand also gets the chance to drill the candidates about any existing loopholes. Hence, the candidate should be able to justify anything that has been mentioned in his profile and have reasonable explanations for any discrepancies.
- The interviewers are sometimes known to ask such questions that are explicitly designed to put the candidate under undue stress. In such a situation, as soon as the candidate realizes that the panel is trying to test him, he must try to maintain his cool and reply with confidence.
- If the candidate can face the pressure test successfully, it immediately proves his managerial worth to the panel and tells them that the interviewee would perform well under real-life stress situations. Hence, it is very important for the candidates to ensure that they don’t get nervous at any point and can navigate any sharp corners with ease.
- In addition to the Personal Interview, some institutes may also conduct a Written Ability Test (WAT). This round is designed to test the candidate’s awareness of world affairs or his opinion on certain important issues. Reading the newspaper regularly and going through important magazines is highly recommended for the successful preparation of this round.
CMAT 2020 Final Selection
The final selection for CMAT 2020 will be done based on a candidate’s performance in all the stages mentioned above. A final merit list will be prepared after taking into consideration the candidate’s performance in Group discussion, Personal Interview, and/or Written Ability Test rounds.
Those candidates who have been selected by the Institute for final admissions will be notified either through their call letters which may be sent to them via post or email, or a list may be declared on the website of the institute.
Candidates are hence advised to check the official websites of different institutes to which they have applied regularly and also, to check their emails frequently.
CMAT Admission Process
There are more than 1000+ management institutes that take admission based on CMAT score.
- It is mandatory to present CMAT Admit Card at the time of counselling.
- Before the seat allocation process, all their original documents are verified.
- Admission to the allotted college and course is confirmed only after the payment of admission fee.
- The final allocation of college and course is done as per the candidate’s preference and marks.
Candidates have to register for the CMAT and need to apply separately to the B-school by visiting their respective website to be eligible for admission.
Documents Required for CMAT Admission 2020
Candidates must keep their important documents handy before appearing in the counselling process. Failing to present the required document will result in ineligibility to participate in seat allotment process. Given below is the list of crucially required document candidates must carry with them:
- CMAT 2020 Result
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Domicile Certificate or Official Address
- Common Management Admission Test Call Letter
- Matriculation Marks memo or equivalent & Certificate
- Intermediate Mark list and Certificate
- Graduation Marks sheet
- CMAT Admit Card 2020
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Income Certificate
- Six recent colored Photographs
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, License, Passport)
- Photocopies of all the certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College