GCET 2021 Counselling will be conducted in online mode. The first round of counseling is expected to take place in the month of May. During the GCET seat allotment, candidates are being allotted according to their merit, preferences, and availability of seats. To confirm their admission through GCET, the candidates will have to verify their documents and pay the fee. Common counseling and document verification process will be organized by DTE for GCET Participating Colleges
GCET offers various courses to candidates, and those applicants who are seeking to get admission to the institute of Goa can fill the application form of GCET to give the examination.
The seat allotment will be done through the GCET counseling process. The various professional colleges of DTE are located in Goa, and the Goa resident candidates can apply for this exam. The details of GCET 2021 Counselling are given below.
GCET 2021 Counselling Schedule
Candidates can check here all the related official schedule of the admission process.
|Prospectus upload||4th week of February 2021|
|Application Form releases||4th week of March 2021|
|Last date to submit an application form at application center (without late fee)||4th week of March 2021|
|Last date to submit an application form at DTE (with late fee of Rs. 1500/-)||4th week of April 2021|
|Admit card availability||4th week of March to 4th week of April 2021|
|GCET 2021 Exam Date||1st week of May 2021|
|Result declaration||3rd week of May 2021|
|Counseling process||4th week of May 2021|
Goa Common Entrance Test Counseling 2021
GCET counseling 2021 will be announced once the exam is conducted and the results are out. GCET counseling is an important admission criterion to enter into the various professional courses of Goa. Shortlisted candidates must appear in person for the counseling process. The counseling will be done in two rounds. The factors influencing the seat allotment are ;
- Availability of Seats
- Merit rank of the candidates
- Order of seat preference
- Reservations etc.
In the first round, seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the merit rank of the candidates and preference of seats. The subsequent rounds of counseling will be held if the seats are left vacant.
The verification of documents will be done during the counseling process. It is very important for the students to participate in person in the counseling process to avoid any inconvenience.
Documents Required For Verification
- 3 passport size photographs (recent)
- Class 12th mark sheet or it's equivalent.
- Birth certificate
- Resident certificate
- Transfer certificate from the last attended Institution ( signed by principle)
- Income certificate
- Non - migrant caste certificate
- Non - creamy and non - migrant caste certificate (if applicable)
- Service certificate from the Children of Goa state/Central Government employees.
- PH certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Certificate of Nativity.
GCET 2021 Counseling Procedure
Given below are the steps that are considered during GCET counseling;
- Step 1: GCET 2021 counseling from filling: Candidates need to fill in the important details which include candidate’s name, registration number, email, etc.
- Step 2: Uploading the documents: Candidates need to upload all the required documents as per the given instruction. The list of essential documents is mentioned above.
- Step 3: Reporting in person for the counseling process: The merit list is prepared by the valid authorities. Shortlisted candidates are called for document verification.
- Step 4: Seat allotment process of GCET counseling: Seats are allotted to students on the basis of their valid GCET score and their preference of colleges.
GCET 2021 Reservations
Reservations are provided to students belonging to weaker sections of society. The details of reservations policy extended by the authorities for different categories are given below ;
- Other Backward Class (OBC) - 27%
- Scheduled Caste (SC) - 02%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) - 12%
- Persons with Disability (PwD) -03%
- Defence Personnel Wards - 01%
- Kashmiri Migrant - Supernumerary (AICTE courses)
- NRI - 05%
GCET 2021 Counselling FAQS
Ques. What are the documents required for GCET counselling process?
Ans. Candidates will need the printout of the GCET Admit Card, GCET Acknowledgement Card with Photograph, in case of Caste/Category candidate must provide valid documents, for age proof, a candidate needs to submit the 10th Admit Card/Pass Certificate issued by the Board/ Council, class 10th standard mark sheet or certificate, class 12th Mark Sheet and passing certificate.
Ques. Is counselling form for GCET available online?
Ans. No, candidates will have to submit the duly filled application forms in person than the further process will start.
Ques. What are the essential details need to be filled in GCET 2021 counselling form?
Ans.Candidates must fill the GCET 2021 registration number, GCET unique ID, category of the candidate, name of the candidate, gender, mobile number of the candidate, H.S.S.C details and GCET Marks.
Ques. Who organises GCET counselling process?
Ans. Directorate of Technical Education, Goa organises GCET counselling for the process of document verification and seat allotment.
Ques. When will counselling start for GCET 2021?
Ans. GCET 2021 counselling has started. Candidates whose name will appear in the merit list will be eligible to appear in counselling process. Please scroll the page to download the merit list pdf.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.