GCET 2021 Eligibility must be referred by the candidates before applying for it. A candidate should have qualified 10+2 (or equivalent) examination from Goa Board or CBSE or any other equivalent board. The candidates should have also studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with any one of the following – Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.
There are certain conditions and requirements which the candidates will have to meet to be eligible for admissions into the participating institutes of the state. These conditions will constitute the eligibility criteria of GCET 2021. If the candidates are found to be ineligible, then they will be disqualified from the admission process.
GCET 2021 offers admission to the most qualifying candidates to several professional degree courses in the field of Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy. GCET 2021 Application Form is expected to be out in the last week of March 2021. All the details related to the GCET application form, GCET fee, GCET eligibility, dates, etc. are presented below.
GCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must refer to the GCET 2021 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- Nationality: Indian/ NRIs/ OCI/ PIO candidates can apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be above 17 years as of December 31, 2021.
- Score Card: Candidates should have a valid GCET/ NEET/ NATA exam’s scorecard.
Course Wise Eligibility- For B.Sc. Nursing
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed the 10th and 12th exam from any recognized board.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must have secured at least 45% aggregate marks in PCB subjects. Candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC category can apply with 40% aggregate marks as well.
- Subjects: Candidates must have studied physics, chemistry, biology, and English as compulsory subjects in class 12th.
- Educational qualifications: Candidates appearing in this exam must have complete HSC (10 + 2) exams from a recognized university or board of Goa.
- Subjects: Candidates must have studied subjects including Physics, chemistry, biology, and English as main subjects.
- Marks: No one lesser than 45% marks (40 marks reserved SC/ST/OBC class candidates) in total within the qualifying test will be considered fit for the GCET exam.
For B. Tech
- Qualification: Candidate passing the higher secondary exam from any recognized board are eligible to apply for the GCET exam.
- Candidates must have obtained a diploma in engineering with at least 45% marks. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC with 40% marks can also apply.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 45% aggregate (40% aggregate marks for SC/ ST and OBC category) marks in PCM subjects.
- Subjects: Candidates must have studied physics and mathematics as main subjects along with anyone from biology/ chemistry/ biotechnology.
For B. Arch
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates must achieve at least 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC) marks in their qualifying exam to be considered eligible for the GCET exam.
Kashmiri Migrants only in Engineering Courses
- The applicant should have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std.XIIth) examination or its equivalent examination with English, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology and secured not less than 45% marks in the subjects of Physics & Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.
GCET 2021 Reservation Criteria
The table given below shows the reservation criteria for GCET 2021
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||2%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel (CSP)||3%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||On the supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
GCET 2021 Exam Centres
GCET 2021 exam centers are in the cities where the entrance exam will be conducted. Candidates had to select their preference for GCET exam center while filling the application form of GCET 2021. Given below are the exam centers of GCET 2021 where the exam will be conducted:
|Exam Cities||Centre Code||Address|
|Tiswadi Cujira (Bambolim)||10||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts & Science|
|Panaji||11||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|Verna||12||Fr. Agnel Multipurpose Hr. Secondary School|
|Navelim||13||Rosary College/Higher Secondary School of Arts & Commerce|
|Vasco||14||Deep Vihar High School|
|Mapusa||15||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|Ponda 1||16||A. J. De Almeida High School|
|Ponda (Farmagudi)||17||G. V. Ms. Smt. N. J. Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|Bicholim||18||Shantadurga High School|
|Curchorem||19||Govt. Polytechnic, Curchorem|
|Porvorim||20||Vidya Prabodhini Higher Secondary School|
|Assagao||21||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
|Sanquelim||22||Govt. Higher Secondary School|
|Cuncolim||23||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School|
|Dharbandora||24||BBSS, Vishweshwar Shankar Laad Higher Secondary School|
GCET 2021 Eligibility FAQs
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for SC/ST candidates to appear for the GCET exam?
Ans. Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std.XIIth) examination of the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects and secured at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% aggregate marks for applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC).
Ques. What preparation strategy to be followed to get a good rank in the GCET 2021 Exam?
Ans. Candidates can start by gathering all related information related to syllabus, exam patterns, and guidelines. The next step is to collect the data related to the preparation strategy. Practice mock tests of the previous year’s question paper and check them with the answer keys.
Ques. What is the duration of GCET 2021 entrance test?
Ans. The exam forms for GCET will be released in the last week of March and candidates can fill the forms before March-end because the late fees will be fined in April. The exam will be held on 5th and 6th May and the duration of which will be 2 hours and it will be in offline mode.
Ques. I am from Kolkata, can I appear for GCET?
Ans. Yes, you can appear for the GCET exam. But the basic criteria to appear for the exam is that the candidate should be an Indian National. Candidates should have cleared the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa Board. For more information, you can read the article above for the eligibility criteria.
Ques. What is the full form of GCET?
Ans. The full form of GCET is Goa Common Entrance Test (Goa CET). GCET exam is a state-level entrance test conducted by DTE Goa for admissions to professional degree courses in Engineering. Candidates can fill and submit the application form through offline mode only.
Ques. What is the Educational Qualification for PUC Candidates?
Ans. Candidates who are appearing for class 12th exam can also apply for GCET 2020 exam and they have to submit all the required documents till the date provided by the institution if they got selected.
Ques. I have more than 50% in PCM Aggregate but not individually. Can I apply?
Ans. The prerequisite is 50% in physics chemistry and maths. You can try as there might be a fair chance.
Ques. What is the domicile minimum number of years for applying?
Ans. Candidates must have resided in the state of Goa for a minimum period of 10 years.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.