JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2018: JCECE Board determines the eligibility criteria for students appearing in state level entrance test for admission to various ug professional courses. JCECE eligibility criteria include conditions related to educational qualification, age limit and domicile or residential background. The eligibility states that only local or permanent residents of Jharkhand are eligible to apply for the exam. Medically fit candidates can apply for the exam after undergoing a fitness test.
- NEET Scores will be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS course through JCECE 2018.
- The admission to B.Tech course will now be done through JEECE. Check JEECE 2018 Eligibility.
JCECE is conducted for PCM, PCB and PCMB subject groups. In case of any ambiguity arises in instructions/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility, the decision of the JCECE Board will be final and binding. The final seat allotment will be based on verification of documents at the time of counselling. In case, a candidate is found ineligible at a later stage will be disqualified from the admission process.
Courses Offered Through JCECE
Aspirants can select the group of examinations as per their choice of PCM or PCB or PCMB according to the following courses:
|PCM Group||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology|
|PCB Group||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, B.V.Sc. & A.H./ B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)|
|PCMB Group||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology, B.V.Sc. & A.H./ B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)|
JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2018
The candidates willing to apply for JCECE 2018 must fulfill all the parameters including age parameters, academic and residential. Check the complete eligibility below:
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture and Forestry
- The candidate must haveclearedthe intermediate in Science (10+2 )or any similar examination from a recognised board with Physics and Chemistry as the compulsory subjects and one of the subjects among Mathematics/Biology.
B.V.Sc & A.H. (Animal Husbandry)
- Intermediate in Science (10+2) or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects from a recognized board or university.
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Horticulture
- Intermediate in Science (10+2) or its equivalent examination with PCB, PCM, PCMB, PC Forestry or Inter (Agriculture) as core subjects from a recognized board or university.
B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology
- Studied PCM in 10+2 or equivalent its equivalent examination from a recognised board/ university.
B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)
- Intermediate in Science (10+2) or its equivalent examination with PCMB/ PCB/ Inter (Agriculture) as core subjects from a recognized board or university.
Note: Any candidate appearing for I.Sc./10+2 or any equivalent examination can also apply for the JCECE but it is necessary for him/her to clear it before the counselling date.
Medical Fitness/ Physical Criteria
The candidates selected for admissions will undergo a medical checkup by the Board and only medically fit candidates shall be eligible for admission.
- The applicant is required to be a permanent/local resident of Jharkhand according to the domicile by theRaj Bhasa, Government of Jharkhand.
- They must have procured a proper Local Resident Certificate which must be shown at the time of counselling (issued by competent authority).
Age Limit Criteria
- For B.tech and B.Sc. Agriculture, Forestry & Horticulture and B.F.Sc.- The age of applicant can range from 17 years to 22 years as on 1st July 2018.
- However, aspirant completing age of 22 years on July 1, 2018 is not eligible to appear for the examination.
- For Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H.)- The candidate must be of minimum age of 17 years by the 31st December 2018.
JCECE Reservation Criteria
The reservation policy for JCECE shall be considered during the JCECE Counselling. To avail the reservation the candidate should have procured a proper Local Resident Certificate issued by the authority assigned by Government of Jharkhand.
Reservation on Caste Basis
- This criterion is followed in accordance with the latest Reservation Policy of Jharkhand Government by various Government and Private Institutes.
- The students claiming reservation are required to submit/show the Caste Certificate in the proper format (available on Act & Circular column on the official website) issued by competent authority i.e. Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) or Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand State.
- In case the Caste Certificate is issued by any other authority it shall be considered invalid and the candidate shall be deemed to the General Category.
- The percentage reservation of seats by different castes for the Engineering Course:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||10|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||26|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||14|
Check JCECE 2018 Merit List
Reservation for Disabled Candidates
Candidates with a minimum of 40% disability in following, can avail reservation of seats in participating institutes–
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor Disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses
- (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness.
Documents required at the time of counselling:
- A full size photograph
- Certificate of Disability issued by Civil Orthopedics Doctor of the District Hospital/ Civil Surgeon of Jharkhand state
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
- This scheme is only provided to candidates in the Engineering Institutes.
- The tuition fee waiver is applicable on 5% seats in every approved institute as per the provisions of the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
- These seats are allotted to the candidates whose Total Annual Family Income is less than 4.5 Lac INR according to this provision.
- To avail the seats the candidates are required to submit an Income Certificate issued by the Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) and Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand at the time of counselling.
- The seats available under this scheme are unreserved and will be allotted only by Merit-Cum-Choice.
Eligibility for the Local Resident Certificate
The Local Resident Certificate is a mandatory document required to appear for JCECE. The candidate needs to fulfill the following requirements to obtain the Local Resident Certificate:The candidate’s birth place should be Jharkhand.
- Either the candidate himself or his/her parents or guardians are required to be a resident of Jharkhand state for minimum 15 years.
- One of his/her parents should be:
- Working as a Government official under the Government of Jharkhand
- Working under the Government of India as the Government official but transferred to Jharkhand for servicing.
- The candidate himself or his parents must be owing to a property or must be running a business authorized by the Government of Jharkhand.
- Other than the above mentioned eligibilities following criteria are also considered:
- The candidate must have qualified 7 years of his/her schooling from any school located in Jharkhand state.
- The candidate must have cleared the following examinations from any educational institution of the state of Jharkhand:
- For admissions in graduation based level in any recognized university the candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam.
- For admissions in any university or intermediate board exam (I.SC.), 10+2 or any other equivalent qualifying examination then scores of class 8th are considered.
- In other conditions, class 4th scores are considered.
- The wife of a resident of Jharkhand will also be considered a resident of Jharkhand. So the resident certificate of the spouse is also applicable in this case.
- The candidate shall be considered a Local Resident of Jharkhand if his/her parent is a Defence Personnel along with the citizen of Jharkhand but he has not been posted in Jharkhand for service. It is not necessary for the candidate to academically qualify from an institution of Jharkhand. This shall only be applicable for Defence Service Personnel.
- Also, the wife and children of the All-India Service officials shall also be marked as the citizens of Jharkhand.
- The children of Ex-Defence Servicemen will be exempted from submitting the Local Resident Certificate at the time of JCECE 2018 Counselling.
- The resident certificate is not required for the Kashmiri Migrants.
Note: The candidate shall also be taken into account as a Local Resident if his/her parent is a registered migrant in Jharkhand.
Eligibility Certificates for JCECE 2018
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College