JCECE Eligibility Criteria is determined by JCECEB based on educational qualification, age limit and domicile or residential background. The eligibility states that only local or permanent residents of Jharkhand are eligible to apply for JCECE 2021. Medically fit candidates can apply for the exam after undergoing a fitness test
JCECE 2021 offers admission to various UG professional courses, therefore, students are required to have completed Class 12 from a recognized board with the required minimum marks. In case, a candidate is found ineligible at a later stage will be disqualified from the admission process. Read the article below to know more about JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2021.
JCECE 2021 Courses Offered
JCECE 2021 offers a number of courses. The eligibility for each course varies. Aspirants can select the group of examinations as per their choice of PCM or PCB or PCMB according to the following courses:
|PCM Group||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology|
|PCB Group||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, B.V.Sc. & A.H./ B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)|
|PCMB Group||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology, B.V.Sc. & A.H./ B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)|
Also Check JCECE Exam Day Requirements
JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates willing to fill JCECE Application Form 2021 must fulfil all the parameters including age parameters, academic and residential. Check the complete JCECE eligibility criteria 2021 below:
JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2021: Educational Qualification
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture and Forestry
- The candidate must have cleared the intermediate in Science (10+2 )or any similar examination from a recognised board with Physics and Chemistry as the compulsory subjects and one of the subjects among Mathematics/Biology.
B.V.Sc & A.H. (Animal Husbandry)
- Intermediate in Science (10+2) or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects from a recognized board or university.
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Horticulture
- Intermediate in Science (10+2) or its equivalent examination with PCB, PCM, PCMB, PC Forestry or Inter (Agriculture) as core subjects from a recognized board or university.
B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology
- Studied PCM in 10+2 or equivalent its equivalent examination from a recognised board/ university.
B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)
- Intermediate in Science (10+2) or its equivalent examination with PCMB/ PCB/ Inter (Agriculture) as core subjects from a recognized board or university.
Note: Any candidate appearing for ISc./10+2 or any equivalent examination can also apply for the JCECE but it is necessary for him/her to clear it before the JCECE counselling date.
JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2021: Medical Fitness/ Physical Criteria
The candidates selected for admissions will undergo a medical checkup by the Board and only medically fit candidates shall be eligible for admission.
JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2021: Domicile
- The applicant is required to be a permanent/local resident of Jharkhand according to the domicile by the Raj Bhasa, Government of Jharkhand.
- They must have procured a proper Local Resident Certificate which must be shown at the time of JCECE counselling (issued by competent authority).
JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2021: Age Limit
- For B.tech and B.Sc. Agriculture, Forestry & Horticulture and B.F.Sc.- The age of applicant can range from 17 years to 22 years as on 1st July 2021.
- However, an aspirant completing the age of 22 years on July 1, 2021 is not eligible to appear for the examination.
- For Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H.)- The candidate must be of minimum age of 17 years by the 31st December 2021.
JCECE Reservation 2021
JCECE Reservation 2021 shall be considered during the JCECE Counselling. To avail the reservation the candidate should have procured a proper Local Resident Certificate issued by the authority assigned by Government of Jharkhand.
JCECE Reservation 2021: Based on Caste Basis
- This criterion is followed in accordance with the latest Reservation Policy of Jharkhand Government by various Government and Private Institutes.
- The students claiming JCECE reservation are required to submit/show the Caste Certificate in the proper format (available on Act & Circular column on the official website) issued by the competent authority i.e. Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) or Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand State.
- In case the Caste Certificate is issued by any other authority it shall be considered invalid and the candidate shall be deemed to the General Category.
- The percentage reservation of seats by different castes for the Engineering Course:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||10|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||26|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||14|
JCECE Reservation 2021: For Disabled Candidates
Candidates with a minimum of 40% disability in following, can avail reservation of seats in participating institutes–
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor Disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses
- (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness.
Documents required at the time of counselling:
- A full-size photograph
- Certificate of Disability issued by Civil Orthopedics Doctor of the District Hospital/ Civil Surgeon of Jharkhand state
JCECE 2021 Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
- This scheme is only provided to candidates in the Engineering Institutes.
- The tuition fee waiver is applicable on 5% seats in every approved institute as per the provisions of the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
- These seats are allotted to the candidates whose Total Annual Family Income is less than 4.5 Lac INR according to this provision.
- To avail the seats the candidates are required to submit an Income Certificate issued by the Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) and Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand at the time of counselling.
- The seats available under this scheme are unreserved and will be allotted only by Merit-Cum-Choice.
JCECE Eligibility Criteria 2021: For Local Resident Certificate
The Local Resident Certificate is a mandatory document required to appear for JCECE. The candidate needs to fulfil the following requirements to obtain the Local Resident Certificate: The candidate’s birthplace should be Jharkhand.
- Either the candidate himself or his/her parents or guardians are required to be a resident of Jharkhand for minimum of 15 years.
- One of his/her parents should be:
- Working as a Government official under the Government of Jharkhand
- Working under the Government of India as the Government official but transferred to Jharkhand for servicing.
- The candidate themself or their parents must own property or must be running a business authorized by the Government of Jharkhand.
- Other than the above-mentioned eligibilities, the following criteria are also considered:
- The candidate must have qualified 7 years of his/her schooling from any school located in Jharkhand.
- The candidate must have cleared the following examinations from any educational institution of the state of Jharkhand:
- For admissions in graduation based level in any recognized university, the candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam.
- For admissions in any university or intermediate board exam (I.SC.), 10+2 or any other equivalent qualifying examination then scores of class 8th are considered.
- In other conditions, class 4th scores are considered.
- The wife of a resident of Jharkhand will also be considered a resident of Jharkhand. So the resident certificate of the spouse is also applicable in this case.
- The candidate shall be considered a Local Resident of Jharkhand if his/her parent is a Defence Personnel along with the citizen of Jharkhand but he has not been posted in Jharkhand for service. It is not necessary for the candidate to academically qualify from an institution of Jharkhand. This shall only be applicable for Defence Service Personnel.
- Also, the wife and children of the All-India Service officials shall also be marked as the citizens of Jharkhand.
- The children of Ex-Defence Servicemen will be exempted from submitting the Local Resident Certificate at the time of JCECE 2021 Counselling.
- The resident certificate is not required for the Kashmiri Migrants.
Note: The candidate shall also be taken into account as a Local Resident if his/her parent is a registered migrant in Jharkhand.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.