JCECE Exam Pattern: JCECE Board releases the exam pattern for the Jharkhand state level entrance exam with the announcement of the exam notification. JCECE exam pattern includes details related to the mode of exam, nature of questions, marking scheme, duration and other such details.
- JCECE 2020 will be conducted in the month of June in offline mode.
- The exam covers questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology based on CBSE class 12 syllabus. Check JCECE Syllabus
- JCECE is conducted for admission to B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology), B.Sc in Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture and B.V.Sc, A.H./B.F.Sc courses. Download JCECE Sample Papers
JCECE 2020 Pattern Highlights
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Sections||4 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics)|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours for PCM/PCB group and 4 hours for PCMB group|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
JCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
JCECE Exam consists of multiple-choice questions. The subject groups would be as per the selection during JCECE Registration. Each section of the subject group carries 50 MCQs. Every question has 4 options, out of which only 1 is correct. The overall total marks will vary based on the group selected. The question paper shall be bilingual.
The three groups are:
- PCM: Physics | Chemistry | Mathematics
- PCB: Physics | Chemistry | Biology
- PCMB: Physics | Chemistry | Mathematics | Biology
- The questions will be set in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates opting this group can pursue education in Engineering (Dairy Technology and Agriculture Engineering), Agriculture and Forestry courses.
- The paper will contain a total of 150 questions available in English and Hindi languages.
- The questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates opting this group can pursue education in Agriculture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Homeopathy, and Ayurveda.
- Candidates opting this group will have questions containing all the 4 subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
JCECE 2020 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of JCECE varies as per the selection of subject groups. Each subject carries 50 MCQs. For marking the correct answer, 1 mark would be awarded while for an incorrect response, ¼ of the mark would be deducted as penalty.
- The paper is graded by an electronic system which marks the paper by optical resonance
- The correct answer is shaded in black and the system reads the paper by the shades.
- JCECE 2020 is conducted for 150 marks and 200 marks based on the subject selected by the candidates.
- There is no deduction of marks for unanswered papers.
- The marks will be divided equally for all subjects.
JCECE 2020 Syllabus
The questions will be based on CBSE syllabus of class 12. Candidates can opt from the three groups based on their selection in the 11th standard and the preferred course in under graduation.
JCECE 2020 Exam Books
|Physics||14 year solved papers (2002 – 2016) & 5 mock tests||Arihant Experts|
|Chemistry||14 Years’ Solved Papers (2002-2016) & 5 Mock Tests JCECE Medical||Arihant Experts|
|General||JCECE Engineering Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam: 11 Years’ Solved Papers & 5 Mock Tests||Arihant Experts|
|Biology||13 Years’ Solved Papers (2002-2015) & 5 Mock Tests JCECE Medical||Arihant Experts|
It is the responsibility of all JCECE Candidates to ensure that they follow some rules and regulations on the day of the exam:
- Candidates will have to carry the admit card and a valid identity card at the time of the exam.
- Write roll number in the question paper and answer sheet.
- Different sets of question papers are circulated in the hall.
- Carry necessary stationery with them for the exam. The stationary includes HB pencil, Ballpoint pen (blue and black), eraser and sharpener.
- The answer sheet is graded by an optical mark reader and multiple shades will be taken as the wrong answer.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.