JCECE 2019 Merit List, Counselling and Seat Allotment
JCECE is a state level entrance exam organized by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) for admission to B.Tech (Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering), B.Sc. Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry. JCECE 2019 was successfully scheduled on June 16, 2019.
- The result will be declared in the form of Common Merit List (CML) along with the list of qualified candidates. CheckJCECE Exam Result
- As per JCECE 2019 Eligibility, only candidates with Jharkhand domicile are eligible to apply for the exam
- JCECE 2019 is organized in examination centers at Ranchi only.
- The round of counselling allows candidates to choose their preferred institute. CheckJCECE Exam Counselling
- The exam is conducted in offline (pen and paper-based) mode.
- Only after verification of the essential documents, the candidates will be allotted seats. CheckJCECE Exam Seat Allotment
- There are 16 institutes which offer admission to different courses through JCECE.
The exam is divided into three groups based on the course in which candidates are seeking admission. The three groups are PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) group, PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) group, and PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) group.
- PCM group is conducted for B.Sc. Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology.
- PCB group of exams is for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture course aspirants. Check JCECE Syllabus
- PCMB group is conducted for those candidates who want to apply for above-mentioned courses through JCECE
JCECE 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Conducting body||JCECE Board|
|Mode of JCECE 2019||Offline (Pen and paper-based)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 with PCB or PCM|
|Courses offered||B.V.Sc. & A.H, Agriculture, Forestry, BHMS, etc.|
JCECE 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the schedule for JCECE 2019 from the table given below:
|Availability of Online Application form||April 30, 2019|
|Last date for making the application||June 12, 2019|
|Availability of admit cards (online)||June 12, 2019|
|JCECE 2019 Exam Date||June 16, 2019 (Rescheduled)|
|Result Declaration||June 26, 2019|
|JCECE Counselling||July 25, 2019 (Tentative)|
JCECE Eligibility Criteria
The primary eligibility applicable to all streams to seek admission through JCECE 2019 is a pass in Class 12 from CBSE Board or equivalent with a minimum pass percentage as laid down by the respective board.
- Only domicile of Jharkhand can apply for the exam. Candidates have to produce Residence Certificate at the time of Counselling.
- The age limit to apply for JCECE 2019 is 17-22 years for Agriculture program while there is no specified age limit for BHMS or B.Sc. courses
- Only physically fit candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates will have to undergo a medical test to verify the same.
The academic qualification required for all the courses is tabulated below:
|B.Sc. Agriculture & Forestry||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 from I.Sc. or equivalent board with Physics, Chemistry along with Mathematics or Biology/Biotechnology|
|B.V.Sc and AH||10+2 or equivalent with aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English. The candidate should have also obtained the same percentage|
|BHMS||10+2 or equivalent with Physics and Chemistry along with Biology|
|B.Tech Diary Technology||10+2 or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Candidates must have PCM and English in 12th class.|
|B.F.Sc||10+2 with physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics/Biology/Inter(Agriculture)|
- Candidates who are local or permanent residents of Jharkhand can apply for JEECE 2019.
- Candidate must have passed I.Sc./ 10+2 or any equivalent examination with at least 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved categories) to apply for the exam.
- Physics and Mathematics are the compulsory subjects along with Chemistry. This exam is conducted for the PCM subject group only.
Also Check JCECE Detailed Eligibility
How to Fill JCECE 2019 Application Form?
April 30 to June 12, 2019
- JCECE application form can be obtained in online mode only.
- The online application form for JCECE 2019 can be obtained from the official website i.e. jceceb.nic.in.
- Application fee for PCB group is INR 900 for General/BC-I/BC-II category while it is INR 450 for SC/ST/Female candidates.
- Fee can be remitted through credit card/ debit card or net banking. Note that extra service charges will be charged by the bank with the payment.
Steps to fill the application form in online mode are discussed below:
Registration and Form Filling
- Visit jceceb.cbtexam.in and click on the link “JCECE 2019 Application Form”.
- Read the instructions carefully and proceed to fill the application form.
- Fill the personal details such as Name, Gender, category etc. Also, enter the correct 13 digit Aadhaar Number in the form
- After that mention your academic and communication details.
- Choose a password and security question to create a login. Submit the details after verifying them.
- You receive an application number. Note it down to log in again.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-100 Kb), signature (50 Kb) and left-hand thumb impression (50 Kb) in JPEG format.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that click on Next to move to fee payment.
Fee Payment and Submission
- The fee can be paid online only. Pay the application fee using Debit/Credit card or Net Banking
- The fee for each category on the basis of their course is given below.
|Course||Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
|PCMB Group||General/ OBC||1,000|
|PCM Group||General/ OBC||900|
|PCB Group||General/ OBC||900|
JCECE 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can download JCECE 2019 Admit Card for B.Tech Dairy Technology and other courses from the official website until the exam day. The admit card has to be carried to the exam center, failing which candidate will not be allowed entry.
Steps to download admit card are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of JCECEB
- Click on link “Download JCECE 2019 Admit Card”
- Fill required information such as Registration ID and date of birth in the provided blank fields
- Click on the “Submit” button
- Take print out of document for future refrence
JCECE 2019 Exam Centers
Candidates appearing for JCECE 2019 during the time of registration/application can choose any one of the exam centers from the list given below.
JCECE 2019 Exam Pattern
- There will be 3 group-wise Papers- Physics & Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/ Biotechnology.
- All the questions are in MCQ (objective type) format.
- Each section will have 50 MCQs with 4 options.
- You can either appear in English or Hindi for JCECE 2019.
- In the case of any ambiguity in translation of the exam, English version will be considered final.
Given below are the highlights of JCECE 2019 Exam Pattern:
|Medium||English or Hindi|
|Duration||PCM/PCB group- 3 hours|
|PCMB group- 4 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||PCM/PCB- 150 questions|
|PCMB- 200 questions|
|Total Marks||PCM/PCB- 150 marks|
|PCMB- 200 marks|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer- 1 mark|
|Incorrect Answer- ¼ mark|
JCECE 2019 Syllabus
JCECE exam is based on the syllabus of class XI and XII for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Biotechnology. The detailed syllabus for each subject is given below.
|Physics||General Properties of Matter, Wave motion, Sound, Measurement and Kinematics, Mechanics, Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Oscillations, Thermodynamics, Electron Physics, Radiation, Light and Optics, Semiconductor Devices, Atomic Physics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism.|
|Chemistry||Atomic Structure, Periodic Properties of elements and Hydrogen, S-Block elements, P-Block elements, D-Block and F-Block Elements, Electrochemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Stereochemistry, Laws of Gases, Halogens, Nitrogen, Functional Groups Containing Oxygen (organic chemistry), Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Chemical Kinetics, Polymers, Redox Reactions, Environmental Chemistry.|
|Mathematics||Complex Numbers, Sequences and Series, Binomial Theorem, Sets, Relations and Functions, Matrices and Determinants, Combinations and Permutations, Linear equations, Algebra, Trigonometry, 3- D Geometry, Integration and differentiation, Statistics, Vectors, Differential Equations, Lines, Circles and Conic sections.|
Check JCECE 2019 Syllabus
JCECE Preparation Tips
Here are a few handy tips that could help candidates form a solid preparation strategy for JCECE 2019:
- Candidates must focus more on the important topics from each subject. Also, revise important formulae and basic applications from the textbooks.
- Solving the previous year JCECE Question Papers. Practice online mock tests of the exam keeping in mind the time limit and negative marking in the exam.
- Important Topics for Physics section- Kinematics, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, SHM & Waves, Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- Important Topics for Chemistry section- Chemical Kinetics and Bonding, Periodicity of Elements, Solid State, Thermodynamics, Basics of Organic Chemistry and Carbonyl Compounds
- Important Topics for Mathematics section- 3D & Vectors, Quadratic Equations, Application of Derivatives, Differential Calculus, Sequence and Series and Probability
- Important Topics for Biology section- Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Ecology and Environment and Genetics
Given below are the preparation books to aid the preparation of JCECE 2019:
|Concepts of Physics (Vol. 1 and 2)||H.C. Verma|
|Understanding Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|Physical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P Tandon|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D Sharma|
JCECE Previous Year Paper Analysis
Here is the subject wise analysis of JCECE 2018:
Physics Section Analysis
- Physics section in JCECE was moderate to difficult.
- There were more questions from Current Electricity and Thermodynamics.
- Electrostatics and Current Electricity were difficult topics in the exam.
Given below is the topic wise weightage of questions in Physics section:
Chemistry Section Analysis
- Chemistry section had similar questions from the previous year papers. It was moderate and few topics were easy.
- Perodicity of Elements and Solid State were the most difficult as reviewed by candidates.
- Carbonyl compounds was the easiest topic in the exam
Given below is the topic wise weightage of Chemistry section:
Mathematics Section Analysis
- Mathematics section was average to moderate in the exam
- Application of Derivatives and Quadratic Equations were most difficult topics in the exam
- Easiest topic in the exam was Probability.
Given below is the topic wise weightage of Mathematics section:
Biology Section Analysis
- This section was moderate alike every section in the exam.
- Plant Physiology and Ecology and Environment were the dominating topics. Plant Physiology was difficult while Ecology and Environment was moderate as reviewed by students
- Other topics in the exam were of moderate difficulty level.
Check the graph below for topic wise weightage in JCECE Biology section:
JCECE 2019 Results
The results of JCECE 2019 exam was announced on June 26, 2019 by JCECE Board. Candidates would be able to check their results by visiting the official website as soon as they are published.
How to Check JCECE Result?
- Go to the official website of JCECEB.
- Click on the link “JCECE 2019 Results”.
- Click on the button ‘View Scorecard’.
- You would be directed to a login window.
- Log in using your registered e-mail id (entered at the time of making application) and password.
- Click on submit.
- JCECEB 2019 scorecard would appear on the screen.
- Download it and take a printout of the same for future reference.
JCECE Merit List & Seat Allotment
- JCECE Merit list is prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in JCECE 2019.
- It involves selection of the desired seats by the candidate with a higher rank.
- JCECE Board is publish two merit lists- Combined Merit List and Category-Wise at its official website.
- These lists is used for allocation of seats at the time of Counselling.
- Post-release of the merit list, candidates will have to submit admission application stating preferences for different degree programmes for the counselling.
- Seat allotment is done on the basis of candidate’s choice of college in multiple rounds.
JCECE 2019 Counselling
JCECE counselling is expected to commence from July 25, 2019 onwards. The counselling process for the examination is carried out in two rounds- Round 1 & Round 2, which are as follows:
First Round of Counselling
- Candidates are selected on the basis of rank obtained in JCECE 2019.
- Only after proper verification of all the required original certificates/documents, candidate will be allowed to make selections of the Institute and Course/Stream on Merit-Cum-Choice as per his/her Merit Order.
Second Round of Counselling
- In case there are any non-allotted seats even after the first Round of JCECE Counselling then the JCECEB chooses to host the Second Round of Counselling.
- The rules and criteria are similar to the First Round of Counselling.
JCECE 2019 Counselling Venue
Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli,
Namkum-Tupudana Road Namkum,
Ranchi (Jharkhand) – 834010
- JCECE Admit card
- Metric or equivalent Mark sheet and Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional)
- Intermediate/Equivalent Mark sheet and Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional)
- Local Resident Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- 1 passport size photograph
JCECE 2019 FAQs
Ques. I am a resident of Jharkhand but I passed Class XII from West Bengal. Am I eligible for JCECE?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for JCECE 2019. You must be a local or permanent resident of Jharkhand to apply for the exam. If in case you don’t possess a domicile of Jharkhand then you can also apply on the basis of your parents’ domicile.
Ques. How to edit application form after submission?
Ans. You are not permitted to edit any detail in the JCECE Application form 2019 after submitting it. But JCECE Board might open the JCECE Form Correction window for corrections in the form as there was a lot of confusion among the students about the exam this year.
Ques. If I wish to take admission in BIT Sindri then I have to appear got JEECE or JCECE?
Ans. Since BIT Sindri offers admission to various streams of engineering (B.Tech). Thus, you have to appear for JEECE 2019 to seek admission to BIT Sindri. Apply online for the exam till May 10, 2019. JEECE Exam will now be conducted on last week of May 2019.
Ques. I wanted to apply for B.Tech but I have filled JCECE Application form for Dairy Technology. How can I change?
Ans. You cannot change the form type. You have applied for the wrong exam. Apply for JEECE separately on the official website of JCECE Board. Last date to fill the form is April 07, 2019 (tentative).
Ques. I filled PCMB group as NEET and JEECE were scheduled on the same day but now that the dates have been revised can I apply for PCM Group now?
Ans. You must have filled JCECE Application form for the PCMB group. You cannot modify the details in the submitted application form so the subject group cannot be modified now. It is expected that JCECE Board might open a form correction window so that the candidates can edit their JCECE Application form.
Ques. My relatives are domicile of Jharkhand but I am not. Am I eligible to apply?
Ans. No, you can neither apply for JCECE nor JEECE. You have to be a permanent or local domicile of Jharkhand to apply for the exam. If you or your parents are a domicile of Jharkhand only then you can apply for the exam.
Ques. What are the documents required for Bio Stream in JCECE?
Ans. For Bio stream (PCB group) you are required to carry the following documents to the allotted counselling center:
- Admit Card, Mark sheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional) of Matric/10th /Any Equivalent Examination
- Admit Card, Mark sheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional of I.SC. /10+2/Any Equivalent Examination
- Local Resident Certificate issued by S.D.O (Civil) /D.C of Jharkhand state
- One postcard and six passport size photographs same as the one uploaded in the Application Form
- Counselling Letter, if provided by the Board
- JCECE 2019 Admit Card
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College