The cut off marks for JCECE will be announced after the declaration of the result in the last week of June 2020. For taking admission in various colleges of Jharkhand, candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks as per the JCECE cut off 2020. It must be noted that the JCECE cut off 2020 list is prepared course-wise and category-wise. Candidates meeting the desired cut off of JCECE 2020 will get admission in the institutes of Jharkhand state.
- Students will get admissions on the basis of the rank scored by them in the examination.
- The cut off indicates the minimum prescribed marks which candidates have to secure in JCECE examination.
- On the basis of cut off marks, candidates have to follow the selection process of the specific institution.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam.
- Candidates can participate in JCECE Counselling rounds as per their ranks mentioned in the merit list.
- If two candidates will score equal marks, then inter-se-merit will be prepared by the board.
JCECE 2020 Merit List
The merit list of JCECE 2020 will be published by the conducting body, i.e. JCECEB after declaring the result of the entrance exam. The merit list of JCECE is released category-wise for the candidates, and on the basis of the total marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam, the seats is allotted to the qualified candidates.
- Merit List for Engineering Stream - The Merit List for the candidates who appeared for the examination is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in each subject (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Merit List for MBBS/ BDS/ Ayurvedic Stream - The Merit List for the candidates who appeared for the examination shall be evaluated on the basis of the scores obtained in each subject (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- Merit List for Agriculture/Forestry- The Merit List for the candidates appearing for this examination is prepared after the combined evaluation of the scores of PCM and PCB group.
Inter-se-merit or Tie Breaker
There are often cases where two or more than candidates have secured the same score. In such a situation the JCECE Board determines a sequence of preference for Inter-se-merit of such candidates which are mentioned below. Inter-se merit for Engineering, Medical and Farm science courses is fairly similar:
Engineering (B. Tech) Stream (priority wise)
- Applicants with higher scores in Mathematics in the examination are considered first if a tie exists then
- Applicants with higher scores in Physics in the examination are considered, if it is not resolved then
- Candidates older in age are considered if a tie still exists then
- As per English alphabetical order of the First Name is considered as the final tie-breaker.
MBBS, BDS and BHMS Stream (priority wise)
- Applicants obtaining higher scores in Biology in the examination are considered first if the tie is not resolved then
- Applicants obtaining higher scores in Chemistry in the examination are considered if the tie persists then
- Applicants older in age are chosen, if tie continues to exist then
- First Name as per English alphabetical order is the final consideration.
B.Sc. Agriculture (B.Sc. Agriculture/B.Sc. Forestry) Stream (priority wise)
- Applicants with higher scores in Physics in the examination are the first consideration if tie persists then
- Applicants with higher scores in Chemistry in the examination are selected, but if tie still exists then
- Applicants older in age are chosen, if tie continues to exist yet then
- First name as per English alphabetical order is considered in the last.
How to Check the JCECE 2020 Merit List?
JCECE 2020 Merit List will available for download only in the online mode. The candidates have to visit the official website to do the same. The admission of the candidate to a particular college is based on the rank scored by the candidate in the JCECE 2020 Merit List.
The steps to download JCECE 2020 Merit List are given below:
- Visit the Official Website of JCECEB
- Click on the link ‘Merit List’ on the home page.
- Enter Registration Number, Roll Number and Password.
- Download and Print JCECE 2020 Merit List
JCECE 2020 Cut off
- JCECE Cut off List is a prediction of the expected ranking or marks needed to get admissions in the desired government or private colleges in the state of Jharkhand.
- The following table will give you an idea of the expected cutoff rank for B.I.T Sindri, Jharkhand admissions through JCECE.
- Candidates seeking admission in Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology courses need to score well and secure ranks within first 200 – 300 ranks in the merit list.
- Electronic & Communication Engineering is also expected to have a fairly high cutoff.
|Engineering Streams||Maximum Expected Rank|
|Computer Science Engineering||200|
|Electronic & Communication Engineering||375|
JCECE 2020 Marks Wise Cut Off
Here in the table given below, we have mentioned the cut off marks of JCECE examination:
|Candidates Marks||Cut Off|
|Above 80||Below 100|
|70 – 80||100 – 200|
|60 – 70||200 – 350|
|50 – 60||350 – 700|
|40 – 50||700 – 1300|
|Less than 40||More than 1300|
JCECE Previous Year Cut Off
The authority will release CML (Combined Merit List) rank for both PCB & PCM group. The PCB group candidates will get admission to the B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry, B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.F.Sc (Fisheries Science) courses. On the other side, PCM group candidates will get admission to the B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture & B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry courses. Check here last year category wise CML Rank range for the counselling (2nd & last round).
|Category/Round||CML Rank Range|
JCECE Courses Wise Cut Off
Here, candidates can check agriculture course category wise cut off marks:
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|GENERAL||195 & above|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes)||192 & above|
|SC/ST||180 & above|
JCECE 2020 Counselling Process
JCECE 2020 Counselling Process will begin in the month of July 2020. The counselling will start after the declaration of results. Only qualified candidates will be called for counselling. Candidates are required to submit certain documents at the time of the counselling process. In case a candidate fails to submit the documents, then his or her candidature will be cancelled. JCECE Counselling will be conducted in 2 rounds by JCECEB in online mode. If a candidate has any query then he or she may contact the following address in the office hours-
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.