TS LAWCET 2018 Results, Cut off, Counselling
TS LAWCET Results 2018 has been released on the official portal of TSCHE from June 18 The results are released in the form of scorecard, carrying the qualifying status and scores acquired in TS LAWCET 2018. The examination was conducted on May 25 and the answer keys were released on May 28 at the official portal (www.lawcet.tsche.ac.in).
Direct link to check TS LAWCET Results 2018 (3 yr and 5 yr programs) – Click here
The counselling will commence after the declaration of scores. It will be conducted via online mode only. Candidates qualifying TS LAWCET 2018 must register at the counselling portal before participating in the admission procedure.
|TS LAWCET 2018 Results||TS LAWCET 2018 Counselling||TS LAWCET Cut Off|
The state level law entrance exam is conducted to enroll students in 3 year and 5 year LLB courses offered by Institutes/ colleges in the state of Telangana. Nearly 20,000 candidates register for Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test each year. The computer-based test had 120 objective type questions in English and Telugu language. There was no provision for negative marking.
Highlights of TS LAWCET 2018
|Exam Name||Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test or TS LAWCET|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Conducted by||Osmania University on behalf of TSCHE|
|Courses offered||3 year LLB, 5 year LLB/ BL and LLM|
|Participation Status||20000 approximately|
Check here the complete official exam schedule of TS LAWCET 2018:
|Release of TS LAWCET 2018 Notification||March 22|
|Commencement of TS LAWCET Registration||March 25 – May 23 (Extended)|
|TS LAWCET Form Correction||May 17 – 20|
|Availability of TS LAWCET Hall Ticket/ Admit Card||May 22|
|TS LAWCET 2018 Exam Date||May 25|
|Release of Preliminary Key||May 28|
|Last Date for Receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||May 29|
|Rank/ Result Declaration||June 10|
Results and Ranks
The result of TS LAWCET 2018 will be published on the official website on June 10, 2018. Candidates will be ranked on the basis of marks scored in TS LAWCET 2018. With the results, rank card will also be released after few days.
Important Points to note about result:
- Before the announcement of results, TSCHE releases the preliminary answer key on May 28, 2018.
- There is a provision to challenge the answer keys as well.
- On June 10, TSCHE will release final answer key for TS LAWCET 2018 and the result for the same.
Steps to Check TS LAWCET Result 2018?
Step 1: Vsit the official portal of TSCHE i.e. tsche.ac.in.
Step 2: Click ‘CETs -2018 Results & Web Counselling’ link, placed on the right side of the page.
Step 3: The following screen will appear,
Step 4: Click on the law program opted (3 year or 5 year).
Step 5: Enter your TS LAWCET Hall Ticket No. and Submit.
Step 6: Download and save TS LAWCET 2018 Result
Tie-Breaking Criteria in CET Law
The ranks are given on the basis of marks scored in the law examination. However, in case there is a tie, the following criteria will be followed to determine the rank:
- More marks in Aptitude for the Study of Law section will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still remains then Current Affairs section marks will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie still remains then age factor of candidates will be taken into consideration, i.e., older age will be given a higher rank.
TS LAWCET 2018 Cut off
TSCHE has set minimum qualifying marks criteria for admission in LLB courses. A candidate has to surpass this limit of minimum marks to be able to get admission.
Here are some details about qualifying marks criteria for the exam:
- The qualifying marks for General category are expected to be 35%, translating into 42 marks out of 120.
- There are no criteria of minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST category students.
Read more aboutTS LAWCET Cutoff
Counselling and Selection Process
After the declaration of results, candidates need to appear in the counselling process of various colleges and universities which come under TS LAWCET 2018. No candidate will be given admission in any course if he/she does not appear in the counselling process of respective institute.
Listed below are important documents required at the time of TS LAWCET Counselling:
- Result card of TS LAWCET 2018
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket of TS LAWCET 2018
- Detailed Marks Sheet of Class 12/ Secondary School Certificate or equivalent certificate
- Detailed Marks Sheet of Qualifying Degree/ Graduation or equivalent certificate
- Caste certificate or category certificate for ST or SC candidates
- Migration or Transfer certificate from the previous institution
- Residence proof of the candidate
- Income proof or certificate of candidate’s parents, in case the income of parents is below INR 2, 00,000
- Sports/NCC/CAP certificate (if any)
- Colored passport size pictures of the candidate
To avoid any hustle during the counselling process, candidates are advised picking up these documents with care before going for counselling in any of the colleges under TS LAWCET 2018. Read More
The officials will release the response sheet also known as answer keys in two phases namely Preliminary Answer Key and Final Answer Key. Sri Krishnadevaraya University will release the answer key of TS LAWCET via online mode only. The keys will be released separately for 3-year and 5-year programs.
- Candidates will be able to calculate an estimated score in TS LAWCET 2018 with the help of keys.
- There is a provision to challenge or raise objections against the answer keys as well.
- The final key will be released with TS LAWCET results only in PDF format.
Steps to Download
Step 1: Visit the official website of TS LAWCET i.e. lawcet.tsche.ac.in
Step 2: Click on ‘Answer Key’ link.
Step 3: Select the program you appeared for and select the paper code.
Step 4: Download the PDF format of Answer Key.
Step 5: Check the responses and calculate your probable scores.
Osmania University will prescribe the eligibility criteria for TS LAWCET. However, the criteria may vary on the basis of the course opted by the candidate.
On the Basis of Nationality
- An Indian citizen
- Should satisfy the local and non-local status
- Non-Indian nationals can also apply if they satisfy the admission rules of the participating Universities.
On the Basis of Academic Qualifications
- For 3 year LLB Program
- Bachelor degree holder with a minimum of 45% marks from recognised University
- Bachelor degree holder SC/ ST category candidates with a minimum of 40% aggregate marks
- Less than the above-required marks in their primary graduate exam should have passed an additional graduation or post graduation degree with the required marks
- For 5-year Integrated LLB Program
- Intermediate graduates with at least 45% aggregate marks
- Intermediate SC/ ST graduates with at least 40% aggregate marks
- Qualifying examination should be recognised by either the Board o the Intermediate education board, Bar Council of India or the participating universities.
Read MoreTS LAWCET Eligibility
On the Basis of Age Limit
- For 3 year LLB Program – Maximum age to appear for the program is 30 years. However, there is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.
- For 5 year LLB Program – Maximum age to register for TS LAWCET 2018 5 year LLB program is 20 years. However, there is a relaxation of 2 years for SC/ ST candidates.
Application Form – Closed
The application forms for TS LAWCET 2018 will be available from March 25, 2018. Candidates can register through online mode only. There are three main steps involved in form filling procedure – Payment of Application Fee, Filling details in Form and Uploading of Documents
TS LAWCET Application Form Fee
Before starting TS LAWCET Registration, candidates have to pay the application fee. It is decided by TSCHE and can be changed by the authority as per its discretion.
There are two modes to pay application fee of TS LAWCET –
- TS Online/ AP Online Centers/ Mee Seva Centers/ e-seva centers in Telangana/ AP
- Through Payment Gateway (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking)
Details of TS LAWCET Application Fee are given below –
Steps to Register for TS LAWCET 2018
Step 1: Visit the official website of TS LAWCET
Step 2: Click on ‘Apply Online’ link
Step 3: Pay the application fee via TS Online/ AP Online/ E-Seva/ Debit/ Credit Card
Step 4: Fill details- Candidate’s Details, Academic Details, About Exam, Uploading of Documents etc.
Step 5: Click on ‘Submit’ tab and review the form before finally submitting it.
Admit Card/ Hall Ticket – Released
The Admit Card of TS LAWCET will be available from May 22, 2018. The hall ticket will be available in online mode only. The steps to download admit card is listed below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of TS LAWCET.
Step 2: Click on ‘Download Hall ticket’ link.
Step 3: Enter Application Number, Date of Birth and Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket Number.
Step 4: The admit card will be displayed on the desktop
Step 5: Download and take printouts for further use.
TS LAWCET Exam Centers 2018
Exam center for TS LAWCET 2018 will be allotted to candidates as per their preferences listed at the time of registration. The allotment will be final and cannot be changed. The list of TS LAWCET Exam Cities is given below:
The online examination is scheduled for May 25, 2018. The exam pattern is designed to test whether an aspirant possesses the ability as well as the aptitude to study law.
- As per TS LAWCET Exam Pattern candidates need to attempt 120 questions within 90 minutes.
- Maximum marks that can be scored is 120.
- Questions will be objective type in nature.
The distribution of questions as per sections is tabulated below:
|Section||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part A: General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|Part B: Current Affairs||30||30|
|Part C: Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
|Total||120 Questions||120 Marks|
The total marks of the exam are declared by the conducting body. For this year, each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking in TS LAWCET 2018 i.e. no marks will be deducted for a wrong or unattempted answer. It is suggested to answer all the questions.
Syllabus, Important Topics and Books
Syllabus for the law exam majorly includes four subjects, which are General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Current Affairs along with Aptitude for the study of Law.
- For 5 year LLB Course, the standard expected is of Class 12/Intermediate level and for 3 year LLB Course, the standard expected is of Graduate/Degree Level.
- For Part C, candidates must have a basic knowledge of principles of the Law and Constitution of India.
Important Topics are as follows:
|Subject||Topics to be Covered|
|General Knowledge||History of India, Geographical knowledge of India, Indian Culture and Heritage, Indian Polity, Basics of Indian Economy|
|Current Affairs||For this subject candidate needs to cover Indian and International Current affairs about Politics, Judiciary System, Economy, Sports, Entertainment, Awards, and Appointments.|
|Mental Ability||Syllabus for Mental Ability includes general reasoning topics such as Blood relations, Number series, Coding-Decoding, Syllogisms, Direction Sense, Sitting Arrangements, Analogies, Alphabet Series, Data Interpretation, Sequencing, Visual Puzzles|
|Aptitude for Study of Law|
For this section candidate should have the ability to comprehend various facts, figures and legal principles which will be given to the question. Candidate will have to mark the best possible answer for the given case as per the question asked.
Check TS LAWCET Syllabus
TS LAWCET Books and Preparation Tips
The first step for preparation is to know about the paper pattern and syllabus. Questions in both the programs are prepared from the following subjects –
Preparation Tip(s): Lucent’s General Knowlege Book of latest edition for static general knowledge. Business magazines should also be read regularly.
Preparation Tip(s): Reading newspapers on regular basis to score well in this section.
Preparation Tip: The section majorly tests the reasoning and interpretation skills of a candidate. Make it a point to regularly practice Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning questions.
TS LAWCET Books
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Course in Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude||Edgar Thorpe|
|TNPSC Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests||V.V.K. Subburaj|
|Master Mental Ability in 30 Days||Na|
Aptitude for Study of Law
Preparation Tip: The section tests a candidate's basic knowledge of law awareness. Regularly read the newspaper to keep yourself updated with policies/ constitution/ law information.
TS LAWCET Books
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Guide to CLAT & LLB Entrance Examination||Universal’s|
|Vikaram Editorial Board|
Self Study Guide for LLB Entrance Examination 2018
TS LAWCET 2018 Contact Information
Prof. S.B. Dwarakanath
Convener, TS LAWCET–2018,
University College of Law,O.U Campus
Tarnaka,Hyderabad – 500 007,
Telangana State, India,
TS LAWCET 2018 Office:
P.G.R.R Centre for Distance Education O.U. Campus
Tarnaka, Hyderabad - 500 007,
TS LAWCET 2018 FAQs
Ques. What is TS LAWCET?
Ans. Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance exam, conducted for law aspirants seeking admissions to 3 year and 5 year UG law programs.
Ques. I am a Commerce graduate and Hyderabad domiciled. I want to pursue law in Hyderabad. What should I do?
Ans. You can apply for 3 year LLB course only. The 5 year LLB program is only meant for Undergraduates only.
Ques. Who can take TS LAWCET? What should I do to apply for the exam?
Ans. Through LAWCET exam is conducted for Intermediate graduates and Bachelor degree holders seeking admissions to 5 year Intermediate LLB and 3 year LLB program. Also, candidates who are Telangana or Andhra Pradesh domiciled can appear for the exam. Check detailed TS LAWCET Eligibility
Eligible candidates willing to appear for the state level law entrance exam can apply online for the exam from March 25, 2018. Visit the official website of the exam to register.
Ques. How many times can I attempt the Telangana LAWCET exam?
Ans. There is no limit to the number of times you can appear for the exam.
Ques. What is the medium of TS LAWCET exam?
Ans. The questions in the examination will be of English and Telugu medium.
Ques. What all material can I take with me in TS LAWCET Exam Center?
Ans. Any study aids like reading material, preparatory material, test book, handwritten notes are prohibited in the exam center. Also, any kind of electronic devices such as laptops, mobile phones or calculators etc is strictly restricted at the center.
Ques. How will I know if my application for the examination has been accepted? What all documents will I have to submit along with the application form?
Ans. As soon as your application is submitted successfully, a confirmation will be sent to you on the registered email and an SMS on the mobile number.
Ques. If I come across any problem or any issue in TS LAWCET, who do I contact?
Ans. TS LAWCET Contact Information is as follows:
TS LAWCET 2018 Office
University College of Law, KU
Subedari, Hanamakonda, Warangal – 506 001, Telangana
For Technical Queries: 9393797722
Ques. I am a Tamil Nadu student, can I apply for the examination?
Ans. Yes, you can easily register for the examination from March 25, 2018.
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reason, I will not be able to report in person at the counselling center. Will that be a problem?
Ans. Yes, candidates are required to report at TS LAWCET Counselling venue in person. Failing to report will result in losing the allotted seat.
Ques. How many TS LAWCET 2018 application form submission with late fee is allowed? How much late fee will the candidate have to pay in each scenario?
Ans. Four times late fee submission is allowed altogether for TS LAWCET 2018:
|TS LAWCET 2018 late application fee||Date||Late fee|
|Form Submission with late fee||May 2 2018||INR 500|
|Form Submission with late fee||May 9 2018||INR 1000|
|Form Submission with late fee||May 16 2018||INR 2000|
|Form Submission with late fee||May 23 2018||INR 4000|
Ques. What will be the timings of TS LAWCET 2018 main examination?
Ans. TS LAWCET 2018 main exam timing is 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. However, candidates are recommended to be at the allotted exam center till 10:45 a.m., that is, 15 minutes before the commencement of examination. Candidates who will reach after 11:00 a.m. shall not be permitted to appear for the examination.
Ques. I have made few mistakes while filling TS LAWCET Application Form. What should I do now?
Ans. In order to make any changes with the already submitted TS LAWCET 2018 application form, candidates can either contact TS LAWCET head Office or send an E-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at Office Number- 0870-2425595.
Ques. If one loses his/her Registration No., how can it be recovered?
Ans. Follow the steps mentioned below to recover your ID:
- Visit the official website of TS LAWCET, that is, lawcet.tsche.ac.in.
- Click on “contact us”
- Tap “Forgot registration number”
- Fill in all the prompted details there and hit submit.
- Candidate would receive an e-mail on the registered id regarding the same.
Ques. How can a candidate access their TS LAWCET 2018 results?
Ans. Candidate can access their TS LAWCET 2018 by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of TS LAWCET.
- Locate and tap on the tab that says “TS LAWCET 2018 results”
- Enter candidate’s name and roll number.
- Hit submit.
- TS LAWCET 2018 result will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates are recommended to take a print out of their results for future academic endeavor.
Ques. What is the mode of TS LAWCET 2018 counselling?
Ans. TS LAWCET 2018 counselling session will be conducted via online as well as offline mode after the declaration of results by October 2018.
Ques. What document does a candidate have to carry to their counselling session?
Ans. Candidates are required to carry the below mentioned documents for TS LAWCET 2018 counselling:
- Admit Card
- Government-issued Identity Proof
- Educational Degrees
- Candidate’s passport size Photograph
Ques. If one presses back or refresh button while making any online payment for TS LAWCET 2018 like application or counselling, what could happen?
Ans. Make sure that your internet connection is good and be patient while making any examination related payment. It is strictly advised to not press back or refresh button as it is possible that the payment gets halted. If the money gets stuck, the University will not be responsible for that.
Ques. How many phases will be organized for TS LAWCET 2018 counseling?
Ans. There will be altogether two phases of TS LAWCET 2018, the first phase of counselling will be via online mode that is, web based whereas the second phase will be via offline mode, that is, in person.
Ques. Who can participate in TS LAWCET 2018 Phase two counselling?
Ans. The following candidates can participate in the procedure:
- One who secures a seat in the web based phase of counseling and wish to switch to some other college.
- Those who participated in the first phase of TS LAWCET 2018 counseling and could not secure a seat.
- Those who could not participate in phase one even though he/she has been called for the counseling.
- Those who were allotted a seat but couldn’t report.
- A candidate allotted a seat in phase one but cancelled the admission.
Ques. What is the processing fee for TS LAWCET 2018 Phase two Counselling?
Ans. The processing fee for the phase two vary as per candidate’s category, as tabulated below:
Ques. What are the Helpline Centers for TS LAWCET 2018 Phase two Counselling?
Ans. The helpline centers for TS LAWCET 2018 phase two of counselling are tabulated below:
|Regions||Help Line Center|
|Hyderabad||Nizam College, Basheerbagh|
|Warangal||Kakatiya University, Warangal|
Ques. What are the qualifying marks in TS LAWCET 2018 entrance examination?
Ans. The qualifying marks for TS LAWCET 2018 is mentioned below:
|Course Name||LAWCET 2018 Total Marks||Qualifying Marks|
|LLB (3 years)||120||42|
|LLB (5 years)||120||42|
Ques. Which are the TS LAWCET 2018 Help Line Centers for Phase one for Document Verification and Counselling?
Ans. The counselling centers/help line centers for TS LAWCET 2018 are as follows:
|Warangal||Directorate of Admissions, Kakatiya University Campus, Warangal|
|University College of Science, Saifabad|
|University PG College, SP Road, Secunderabad|
|Hyderabad||AV Arts and Science College|
Ques. How many total seats will be offered by Osmania University for cracking TS LAWCET 2018 entrance test?
Ans. A total of 4090 seats will be offered through TS LAWCET 2018 entrance test, wherein, 2850 LLB seats and 1240 five-year seats will be there.
Ques. If one has some issue with respect to TS LAWCET 2018 exam, what are the helpline numbers?
Ans. A candidate must dial 8297752678, 8297753678 to have a word with the concerned officials from Osmania University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College