UCEED 2020 SYLLABUS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE TEST
Syllabus for UCEED 2020 is stipulated by UCEED Admission Committee. UCEED 2020 Syllabus is based on 10+2 standard. UCEED is a test based examination and has two parts. Part A is computer based and Part B contains questions related to sketching that needs to be attempted on the provided sheet. It is compulsory to attempt both parts in the given time.
Latest: UCEED 2020 Exam Date Released
|UCEED Exam Pattern||UCEED Marking Scheme||UCEED Result|
UCEED 2020 syllabus covers 7 topics:
UCEED is conducted in about 24 cities of India. A candidate can select 3 cities for center giving preference first, second and third. UCEED 2020 will be conducted on January 18, 2020. Students from any stream like Commerce, Arts, and Science can apply for UCEED 2020.
Under this topic of UCEED 2020, Images and Diagrams are the basis of the questions. There would be 2D/3D shapes and objects. This topic intends to test understanding of changing shapes and objects, position, area and size of things and relation between the different shapes and images.
Important Matter to Study: Pattern and Design of Paper Folding Materials and Type of Texture, Texture Making Materials, Production Materials, Decoration Materials - Flooring, Cladding (protective material which covers the surface of something), Wall Protection and Decoration - Paints, Plasters etc. Conventional/Unconventional Materials for Construction, Design and Decoration, Optical Illusion (2D/3D objects and understanding)
1. A 12cm x 12cm x 12cm wooden cube is painted and its four views are shown below. This cube is sliced into 64 smaller equal cubes of 3cm x 3cm x 3cm. How many of these small cubes will have exactly one green face and exactly one orange face in the same cube?
2. The following figure is cloned and the cloned figure is reflected along the XY axis. How many rectangles are present in the resultant figure?
3. Shown below are pieces of a regular polygon. How many sides does the polygon have?
4. If gear ‘P’ is the driver gear and rotates clockwise, which of the following statements is true?
Questions will be based on comparison of images, finding out some hidden shapes, sizes, images in an image or shape or in any size, matching shapes & objects. Images may be related to people, wild life, animals, nature scene, situations, incidents etc. This is intended to test observing ability, reasoning and analysing ability etc.
Important Matter to Study: Logos and Punchlines, Type of Logos, Designs of Logos Chronology, Hidden meanings in logos, Punchlines Perspective, Colour Theory and Line Theory, Elements of Design, Principles of Design, Colour Psychology and Significance, Photography Evolution of Camera, Type of Cameras, Camera and Its functioning Technologies and terms Accessories, Photography Glossary, Typography Element and Principles of Design Lines, Shape, Form, Colour, Pattern, Texture.
Some samples questions are being given herewith for ready reference, extracted from UCEED previous years exam.
1. Shown below are photographs of same objects using different settings. Given that the lighting conditions were constant in all, which of the following statement(s) is/are TRUE?
2. Which of the option(s) describe(s) the films shown below in the correct order?
3. How many different types of characters appear in the figure given below?
4. How many fonts are used in the given sets of words?
Questions on this topic combine Art/Architecture and Design based different aspects related to environment and social life like Natural Resources: Water, Forests, Food, Agriculture, and Vegetation; Weather, Climate, Population, Living Standard, Culture, History, Literature and Premises. Every aspect has deep impact on design, creativity and its mechanism. This topic is intended to test general understanding about the Evolution of Art, Architecture & Design as per the society and impact of changing environmental scenario on the same.
Important Matter to Study: History of Indian Art/Design, An overview of World Art, Art and Architecture, Social and Cultural relation with Art/Design, Environmentally Sustainable Designs, Indian Cultural Background & Famous Structures, Musical instruments, Musical Maestros, Dance forms, Crafts and Dresses.
For Better understating about the topic, some questions are being given below, which have been extracted from UCEED previous years exam.
1. Which of the sculpture(s) given below belong(s) to the Gandhara style?
2. Shown on the left is the logo of Beijing Olympics. Which of the pictogram(s) was/were used in the same Olympics?
This topic is on decision making, problem solving, use of discretion in all confusing conditions and select the best logical option. This is intended to test clarity of thinking, brain storming, selection and explanation of correct argument, opinion and solution etc.
Important Matter to Study: Arguments, Assumptions, Course of Action, Assertion and Reasoning, Causes and Effect, Analogies, Direction and Distance, Mathematical Tricks, Cubes, Linear and Matrix Arrangement, Syllogism (a process of logic in which two general statements lead to a more particular statement) Punch Line etc.
For ready reference some sample questions, extracted from previous UCEED Exam are being given below herewith,
1. The object shown below is rotated by 180 degree about the X axis in the anticlockwise direction as seen from the top. Identify the trail left by the orange blobs when seen from the top.
2. Shown below are the different views of the same ball, identify its top view.
3. Identify the odd one out.
4. The enclosed yellow shape within the letter ’b’ is called a counter, which option has the red shape as the counter?
This topic of UCEED syllabus is basically on General English Language understanding. Questions cover some part of English Grammar like Tenses, Verb, Active-Passive, Articles, and Sentence Structure, Paragraph etc. Besides this word power, vocabulary enrichment, creative use of words and innovative construction of sentences are also covered in this section.
UCEED previous exam sample questions are given below.
1. Given below is a list of ten idioms with animal/bird/fish/insect origins. Each of the four options contains four meanings. Identify the option that contains four correct meanings for any four of the idioms.
2. Choose the set of words that will correctly complete the following five sentences from the word sets given in the options.
3. Our natural _______________ to focus on the unusual, the dramatic and the ___________ is strengthened ________________ by newspaper and other media, but our interest _______________ quickly as well.
This is related to imagining, visualizing and developing creative designing features like Signs, Symbols, Maps, Structures, Images and Analogy etc. Besides this, questions test ability to identifying problem, find out alternatives, idea generation and development, selection of feasible options.
1. Which shape will exactly fit which figure 1 without leaving any gaps, given that the shapes can be rotated?
2. A cube, cuboid, a cone and a sphere were developed from an experimental material. In vacuum, the combines mass of the cuboid and the sphere is equivalent to the combined mass of the cube and the cone. The mass of the cuboid is equivalent to the combined mass of the sphere and the cone. The sphere weighed 2 kilograms and occupied a volume of 62.5 cubic cm in vacuum. One of the properties of this material is such that the length of the side of the cube doubles when exposed to air. How many cubes are needed to fill a tank of dimension 50cm x 50cm in air?
3. The image in the box on the left hand side shows the open and closed positions for a metal stand. The other two images show the various joints in the stand. If a fixed joint is denoted by ‘f’ and a hinged joint is denoted by ‘h’ then which of the options is correct?
4. Three holes have been drilled through a cube of size 5 x 5 x 5 units. From the options given, identify the form the can fill the holes perfectly?
Note: Sample questions are taken from previous UCEED exams
Services of a scribe (amanuensis) are available to candidates who have disability in the upper limbs or have lost fingers / hand thereby preventing them from operating the computer for the exam.
UCEED 2020 is online computerised test. Duration of the test is 3 hrs. This test is of total 300 marks and 85 questions are given in UCEED. UCEED Exam paper is divided into 3 sections as is given below:
Details from both the parts are given below:
Section 1: NAT (Numerical Answer Type)
Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Questions)
Section 3: MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
Entire paper (both Part A and Part B) must be finished within overall time duration of 3 hours.
|1.||UCEED (B.Des) Entrance Books and Test Series Paperback – 2017||AFAINDIA|
|2.||The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition Kindle Edition||Don Norman|
|3.||UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined With Mental & Verbal Aptitude||Institute of Creative Sciences|
|4.||Comprehensive English for NID, NIFT, UCEED, CEED, NATA, B.Arch & Other Design Entrance Exams Paperback – 2017||Designologue|
Ques. What are the changes in the UCEED 2020 syllabus?
Ans. These are the major changes that have been introduced:
Ques. What image format is accepted in the UCEED 2020 Application Form?
Ans. These are the following requirements:
Ques. When will the UCEED 2020 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key be released online?
Ans.UCEED 2020 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key will be released on the UCEED website on January 21, 2020.
Ques. What do I do if there is a discrepancy in the UCEED 2020 Answer Key?
Ans. Any discrepancy / comment must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before January 27, 2020. Candidates have to mention “Comment on Answer Keys” in the subject of the mail. Final decision regarding the answer keys will be taken by the UCEED committee after consolidating all the comments from the candidates and the paper setting team. This decision will be binding on all candidates.
Ques. Who will be included in the rank list?
Ans. Only candidates who score the minimum percentage prescribed marks in both Part A (section wise) and Part B, each section of the question paper and minimum total marks will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks varies with the category.
Ques. What are the supporting documents I need to attach with my UCEED 2020 Application form?
Ans. The supporting documents required for application are digital copies of Photo, Signature, UCEED Score Card, Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet (Class XII or equivalent), and where applicable, OBC-NCL / SC / ST Certificate, PwD Certificate, EWS Certificate and OCI / PIO Card.
Ques. Can I edit my UCEED Application Form after it has been submitted?
Ans. Applicants will be able to edit their application form, including the order of preference of institutes and resubmit it, till the closing date of the application period. However, after the closing date, all applications are treated as FINAL. Requests for ANY changes in the application will be strictly NOT entertained.
Ques. I have accidentally left a section blank in my UCEED 2020 Application form. What should I do?
Ans. It will entirely be the responsibility of the candidate to provide the correct information regarding the qualifying exam and category, and upload the correct documents in the required formats in the application form. Application forms, incomplete in any way, will be summarily rejected and the application will be considered invalid.
The admitting institutes have the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate in accordance with the rules and regulations in force, if it is found that any information provided by the candidate is incorrect or if the application is incomplete.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College