VITEEE Counselling 2020 - Check VIT Phase 1-2 B. Tech Admission & Schedule
VITEEE Counselling 2020: The counselling was expected to start from 2nd week of May 2020 but due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the dates all the events related to the exam has been extended. The authorities will announce the new dates soon.
The counselling process will be conducted offline. Only VITEEE qualified candidates will be issued the provisional call letter for counselling. The letter will have all the important information related to counselling date, time, venue, and registration process. Check VITEEE Expected Cut Off
It's mandatory for candidates to bring E-Admit Card, Result copy, and other Documents to the counselling venue. At the venue, first of all, they have to register themselves, and after the registration, candidates have to appear for the documents verification at the venue allotted by the admission authority. Check VITEEE Result
At VIT counselling centre, candidates will get to know about the availability of seats for different branches in different participating institutes. Candidates will be summoned according to their ranks in VITEEE, in two phases. Each candidate will be given a specific time slot for a particular day as per their ranks for the counselling.
Check your Rank using VITEEE Rank Predictor
Highlights of VITEEE 2020 Counselling
|VITEEE Counselling 2020 will start from|
To be announced soon
|VITEEE Counselling Dates 2020 will release at||vit.ac.in|
|Number of Counselling rounds||2|
|Selection will depend on||Merit and branch preference|
- During the time of counselling, the applicant or authorized blood relative should be present in person with all the relevant documents in original for verification.
- Candidates can attend the counselling for one time only.
- The following documents are mandatory to carry in original along with two sets of photocopies while reporting for counselling.
- Counselling Admit card, VITEEE-2020 e-Admit Card, and VITEEE Result copy.
- Class 10th mark sheet for DOB.
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination or XII Hall ticket (For candidates awaiting results).
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST only) for relaxation in eligibility. Check VITEEE Eligibility
- Nativity Certificate for candidates from North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Assam, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and the for relaxation in eligibility.
- Counselling fee as crossed DEMAND DRAFT drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore. DD is mandatory and without that candidates will not be permitted to attend counselling.
- After the verification of all the documents candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates have to choose their desired programme and campus during counselling their turn of counselling. After that, a provisional admission letter will be issued that will indicate the programme and campus. The change of campus or branch is not possible after admission.
NOTE: Those candidates who have not received the mark sheet of the qualifying exam before the date of counselling, should give an undertaking stating that if he/she fails to qualify as per the norms then will be considered forfeit for provisional admission.
VITEEE Counselling Steps
VITEEE Counselling Procedure 2020
The counselling procedure for allocating different branches of engineering is based on the All India Rank in VITEEE 2020. Eligible students must register for counselling on the website of VIT. Only the registered aspirants can attend the VITEEE Counselling 2020 round. You have to download your provisional letter for counselling form the official website.
Candidates must follow the below steps to participate in VITEEE Counselling 2020:
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates have to Register for VITEEE Counselling 2020 and reach on time at your counselling centre.
- Candidates will be informed through SMS or email about the schedule of VITEEE Counselling 2020.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Visit the required VITEEE Counselling Centre will all the required documents.
- Only after the successful verification of documents, you will be considered for further steps.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- Slot and day-wise vacant seats will be updated by VIT.
- Candidates will be allotted seats as per their VITEEE rank, preference of course and college, and number of available seats. Allotment of branch and Campus is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- The candidate must decide for certain whether he wants to join the program based on the branch allotted to him before paying the fees.
Step 4: Fees Payment
- After the confirmation of seat from the counselling authority, you have to confirm your seat by paying the course fees.
VITEEE 2020 Counseling fee
- The candidates who will be called for counselling have to pay an amount of Rs 10,000/- as Counseling fee (non-refundable).
- The same will be adjusted in the tuition fee when a candidate joins the University.
- Once the candidate’s seat will be confirmed then they have to submit the Demand Draft for Rs. 50,000/- in favour of VIT University, payable at Vellore.
- This will include the counselling fee of Rs. 12, 000/-.
Instructions for Counselling
Instructions from VITEEE Counselling Centre
Information for allocation of seats will be put up on the VIT website on the day of declaration of results. Their guidelines for the counselling process are given below:
- It is mandatory to carry the counselling admit card. It can be obtained from the VIT website after the declaration of VITEEE 2020 Result. Candidate should fill in the details and keep a copy for the process.
- Candidate should be present at the allotted centre and time for counselling as per their rank.
- According to a candidate’s rank, his identity and documents will be verified. Then, the candidate must enter his digital signature as an assurance of being present for the counselling.
- The number of seats available and the list of branches will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidate must fill in his choices for securing a seat.
- A seat will be allotted to the aspirant in accordance with his rank and choice. If he/she wishes to confirm the seat, an advance fee must be paid.
- Selected candidates must submit a DD for INR 50,000, drawn in the favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore. This fee is to be submitted only on confirmation of admission to the branch allotted to the candidate. The counselling process fee is INR 10,000 and it is non-refundable. It will be adjusted in the tuition fees when the candidate joins the University.
Documents Required in Counselling
Documents required for VITEEE 2020 Counselling
Document submission at the time of Counselling
Candidates must produce the following documents for verification in original along with two photocopies, at the specified VITEEE Counselling Centre. Any candidate without these documents cannot participate in the counselling process. The list of documents is given below:
- Counselling E-Admit Card
- VITEEE exam admit card
- VITEEE Result Copy
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet or Hall Ticket (in case mark sheet is not available)
- Community Certificate, if any
- Nativity Certificate, if any
- Aadhaar Card
- Demand Draft
NOTE: Candidates without the DD will not be permitted to attend counselling.
Document submission at the time of Admission
The following documents should be produced in original by candidates during the time of admissions:
- Provisional Admission letter (photocopy)
- VITEEE 2020 e-Admit card
- Counselling Admit card
- VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof certificate
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate / School leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST only)
- Recent passport size colour photos - 4
- Affidavit to be signed separately by Student, Parent on a Rs. 20/- Non-judicial stamp paper
- Certificate of Physical Fitness/ Medical Certificate
VITEEE 2020 Counselling Eligibility Rank-wise
- Rank between 1 and 99,999 in VITEEE 2020 – Candidates with this rank will become eligible to take part in counselling for admission in Vellore / Chennai / Bhopal (MP) / VIT-AP
- Rank between 1,00,000 and above in VITEEE 2020 – Candidates with this rank will not be eligible for admission in Vellore / Chennai / VIT-AP
- Ranked between 1,50,000 or higher – Candidates with this rank will become eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Bhopal (MP).
Check VITEEE Cut off 2020
VITEEE Counselling Dates 2020 (Tentative)
VITEEE 2020 Counselling Schedule Phase I - Vellore, Chennai, Amravati, Bhopal
|Date||Time||Session||From Rank||To Rank|
|2nd week of July 2020||8.30 am||1||1||3000|
|2nd week of July 2020||11.00 am||2||3001||6000|
|2nd week of July 2020||1.00 pm||3||6001||8000|
|2nd week of July 2020||8.30 am||1||8001||10000|
|2nd week of July 2020||11.00 am||2||10001||12000|
|2nd week of July 2020||1.00 pm||3||12001||14000|
|2nd week of July 2020||8.30 am||1||14001||16000|
|2nd week of July 2020||11.00 am||2||16001||18000|
|2nd week of July 2020||1.00 pm||3||18001||20000|
The schedule for Phase II of VITEEE 2020 counselling has also been announced. Candidates can check the counselling schedule from the table below.
VITEEE 2020 Tentative Counselling Schedule Phase II - Vellore, Chennai, Amravati, Bhopal Campuses
|Date||Time||Session||From Rank||To Rank|
|3rd week of July 2020||8.30 am||1||20001||22000|
|3rd week of July 2020||11.00 am||2||22001||25000|
|3rd week of July 2020||1.00 pm||3||25001||28000|
|3rd week of July 2020||8.30 am||1||28001||34000|
|3rd week of July 2020||11.00 am||2||34001||40000|
|3rd week of July 2020||1.00 pm||3||40001||46000|
|3rd week of July 2020||8.30 am||1||46001||52000|
|3rd week of July 2020||11.00 am||2||52001||58000|
|3rd week of July 2020||1.00 pm||3||58001||64000|
|3rd week of July 2020||8.30 am||1||64001||70000|
|3rd week of July 2020||11.00 am||2||70001||76000|
|3rd week of July 2020||1.00 pm||3||76001||82000|
|3rd week of July 2020||8.30 am||1||82001||88000|
|3rd week of July 2020||11.00 am||2||88001||94000|
|3rd week of July 2020||1.00 pm||3||94001||99000|
Important Guidelines for VITEEE 2020 Counselling
VIT Counselling has a specific set of guidelines for the participating students. It is advisable to go through these guidelines to avoid any confusion at the time of admission and counselling.
- The information regarding counselling dates will be put up on the official website of VITEEE i.e. vit.ac.in. The qualified candidates will also be notified via text messages after results are declared.
- The selection of candidates and their admission to various courses offered by the VIT University in all their campuses will be followed through a single-window for counselling.
- The qualification of a candidate in VITEEE 2020 and attending the counselling process does not guarantee him a seat.
- The details of the various branches of engineering offered under the B.Tech program in the current year, the total number of seats allocated to each branch at the time of counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre to enable the candidates to make their choice. Based on the availability of seats, the candidate will be then allotted a branch.
- If a candidate is not able to attend the counselling on the specified day and time due to some issue, he can do so on a subsequent day after informing the authorities. However, he will have to opt for a course available at that time. The candidate cannot claim a course he could have gotten at his original turn.
- The number of available seats for each branch after admission of students will be updated as the counselling proceeds. Candidates can visit the VIT website for this information.
- If a candidate has not received the mark memo of the qualifying exam, he must sign an undertaking which states that if he fails his seat shall be surrendered.
- Report to the counselling centre well in advance.
- No change of date or time for counselling is permissible.
- Students hailing from Andhra Pradesh / Telangana Intermediate Board of Education should make it a point to submit their Pass Certificate Cum Memorandum of Marks at the time of admission.
- A student once enrolled for a course, is expected to complete the same. He cannot withdraw from the University without informing the Registrar in writing. Otherwise, he will be liable to pay fees for the period his name remains on the rolls.
- Candidates should report to classes within 7 days from the date of commencement of classes, failing which, the admission granted will be cancelled automatically and fees will stand forfeited.
- Violation of any instruction can make the candidate ineligible for admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
VITEEE Counselling 2020 FAQs
Ques. Can I attend the VITEEE counselling 2020 more than once?
Ans. No. The candidates will not be permitted to attend counselling more than once under any circumstances. You have to be on time at your counselling centre with all the required documents. Only after the verification of all the documents, you will be considered for further steps of counselling
Ques. I can’t report for the counselling of VITEEE 2020 on the assigned date. What shall I do?
Ans. No change of date/time of counselling is permissible. You will have to report on the assigned date and time.
Ques. What if I forget to bring the required DD on the day of reporting?
Ans. Candidates without DD for the required amount will not be permitted to attend counselling. It is compulsory to bring DD. It is one of the important document to be carried with you for the counselling.
Ques. Can I change the branch after the confirmation of the allotment?
Ans. Allotment of branch and campus once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances. No request of change of college or branch from any candidate will be entertained.
Ques. How do I know if my documents have been submitted?
Ans. Candidates can download the acknowledgement for the documents submitted from the VIT website. No written acknowledgement will be issued. All the above – mentioned documents shall be handed over to the Admissions Office at the time of admission, failing which the provisional admission accorded will stand cancelled.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College