VITEEE Eligibility Criteria mandates candidates to have secured at least an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the +2/Intermediate examination. Candidates from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) are also eligible to appear in VITEEE 2019. This year, the examination will be scheduled in 2nd or 3rd week of April 2019 in computer based mode.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should pass 10+2 examination conducted by the State Board, CBSE and ISCE, New Delhi.
- 10+2 or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- HSCE of the Cambridge University or IB Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- NIOS candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2019. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should secure an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination.
- The combined PCBE/PCME marks should be 50%.
Highlights of VITEEE Eligibility
|VITEEE Eligibility Criteria||Specifications|
|Nationality||Indian nationals/NRI/PIO/OCI holder|
Born on/after July 01, 1996.
|Minimum Marks||60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent)|
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
- Those who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bioengineering and B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for ECE with spl.in Biomedical Engineering, B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec.in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering for Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates applying for VITEEE 2019 should be a:
- Resident of India
- Non-Resident Indian National (NRI)
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
Note: PIO/OCI candidates should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding 2 years.
VITEEE 2019 aspirants should have either completed or appearing in 2019 in the following eligible qualifying examinations:
- Class 10+2 conducted by the State Board/CBSE/ISCE.
- Intermediate or 2-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
Note: As per VIT norms, NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply. They should submit Migration-Cum-Transfer Certificate at the time of admission/VITEEE Counselling.
Aspiring candidates must have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination.
Reserved category (SC/ST) candidates are given a concession of 10% marks.
- Candidates should be born on or after July 1, 1996.
- The Date of Birth recorded in High School/SSC/Class 10 Certificate will be considered final.
- They should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which, they will be disqualified.
- They must have completed the age of 17 years as on July 1, 2019.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Fill in the proforma as given in Annexure III and have it attested by a competent authority. The list of authorities empowered for the same is given in the same Annexure.
- Candidates have to fill Certificate to Prove Nativity who hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. The certificate is given in Annexure III.
Note: 1 These documents should be produced at the time of VITEEE counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- In case, the mark statement is not produced by the candidates at the time of admission, the decision of the Management regarding their eligibility and admission to the programme shall be final.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2019 - Additional Information
- The documents required for filling up the VITEEE application form are as follows:
- Softcopy or scanned copy of recently taken passport size colour.
- The size of the photograph should be between 50 KB – 100 KB and dimensions- 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm.
- Soft copy or scanned copy of the signature of the candidate with 20 KB – 50 KB with the dimensions of 3.5 cm * 1.5 cm in JPG/JPEG format.
- It is important to fulfil the VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2019 to be eligible for admission.
- In case of any discrepancy, while scrutinizing the documents, the candidature will be liable for cancellation.
- If the application form is rejected, the refund of fee will be made as per the rules of VIT University.
Note: It is mandatory that candidates and parents have to sign an undertaking at the time of admission, the format for which will be issued by the admissions office.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College