VIT University will announce VITEEE 2019 result by the end of April 2019 in online mode. Candidates have to use their 10 digit application number and date of birth to check their results. On VITEEE result sheet, candidates can check their secured rank along with the scored marks. Qualifying candidates of VITEEE 2019 will be offered admission into VIT University campuses at Chennai, Vellore, Bhopal and Amaravati.
- VIT uses a statistical process of Equi-percentile Equating to identify the percentile ranks for aspirants. On this basis, the scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent.
- The percentile rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. For instance, 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score. Check How to Calculate VITEEE 2019 Result?
- Aspirants are advised not to draw assumptions and predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of scores.
The university will also be offering VITEEE aspirants scholarship under its “GV School Development Program” (GVSDP). Take a look at the Scholarship details below:
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
Highlights of VITEEE Result 2019
|VITEEE Result 2019 will be declared in||April 25, 2019 (tentative)|
|Result will be declared by||VIT University|
|VITEEE Result 2019 will be declared at||vit.ac.in|
|Result can be accessed using||Application number, verification code and password |
|Details on Rank Card||Rank and Marks obtained|
|Admission will be based on||VITEEE Opening and Closing Rank|
|VITEEE Counselling 2019 will begin in||May 2019|
How to Check VITEEE Result 2019?
Candidates can check the VITEEE result by entering their application number and password. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in VITEEE 2019. Here are 4 simple steps to follow to check VITEEE Result 2019:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Vellore Institute of Technology i.e. vit.ac.in and in the middle of the page, look for “Get Result”. Click it.
Step 2: You will be redirected to a new page as given below. Click on “VITEEE Result” tab to check the same.
Step 3: Click on the link “Click Here for VITEEE RESULTS”
Step 4: Candidates will have to log in to their account to open the result portal. Here, enter your VITEEE Application number, Date of Birth and Verification code.
Step 5: Once you click the “submit” button, VITEEE Result 2019 will be displayed.
Details Present in VITEEE Result 2019
VITEEE Result 2019 will be displayed in online mode only and will contain the following details –
- Application Number:VITEEE Result 2019 will display the registration number of the candidate. This is different from the VITEEE roll number.
- Applicant Name: The name as registered with the online portal will be displayed.
- Gender:Gender will indicate if the candidate is male or female.
- Date of Birth: It indicates the date format of the date, month and year.
- Rank: VITEEE Result 2019 will also display the rank obtained by the candidate.
How is VITEEE Result 2019 Calculated?
- The university considers the equating methodology to examine the result of VITEEE 2019.
- It is a statistical method in which the VIT University adjust the scores of candidates.
- These scores are taken on different forms to calculate a comparison for the merit list and ranking of candidates.
- This method is similar to the normalized method. For example, if you score 95 percentile, this means that your are above 95% of the test takers and behind 5% of them.
Why is Equating Methodology used?
As the VITEEE 2019 is conducted in different slots and days, therefore, to adjust the scores of every session, the VIT university uses the equating methodology. Therefore, university balances the scores of all candidates based on numerous factors which might affect their performance.
- Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably.
- Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates.
- The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used by VIT to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent.
- Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group.
- A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers who have scored below this score level and 10 percent above this test score.
- Candidates are advised not to make assumptions and predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of raw scores.
- Since it is a CBT utmost care will be given for the valuation process. Hence there will be no revaluation of the answers.
VITEEE 2019 Merit List
- The exam conducting authority will release the merit list for all the qualified candidates on April 27, 2019.
- It will contain the name of the candidates those reach the cut off marks set by the authority.
- On the basis of merit list, candidates will be called for VITEEE Counselling Procedure.
- A unique rank will be allotted to the candidates to appear for the counselling.
- The merit list will be released after the declaration of the result. On the merit list, candidates can also check their rank allotted to them.
- This merit list will be published in descending order. Thus, the name of high scorers will be listed at the top and on the lower side will be the name of candidates who have less percentile.
- The authority will intimate the candidates by sending the SMS on their registered mobile number.
VITEEE Cut Off 2019
The cut off is released by the university after successful completion of the entrance exam. VITEEE closing rank will be considered as cut off for institutions those offering UG courses in B.Tech. The university will not announce any cut off marks for any course. The university will assign the percentile rank to the candidates based on the exam. The university will use the equating methodology to predict the candidates rank.
The factors on which cut off will be set:
- The number candidates appeared in the examination.
- The number of candidates qualified in the examination.
- Highest marks obtained by the candidate.
- Level of difficulty of the exam.
- Availability of seats.
The university will publish the closing ranks for the various specializations of engineering for all associated campuses. Candidates can consider the closing ranks as the cut off. The university will release the stream-wise and campus-wise closing ranks. Candidates those are in the top merit (1 to 20,000) will be called for participating in the counselling.
Here is the Expected VITEEE 2019 Cut Off for the reference of all candidates –
|Marks Obtained in VITEEE||Expected Rank Range|
|113 — 117||500 -250|
|90 — 113||2,500 - 501|
|81 — 90||5,000 -2,501|
|72 — 81||5,001 - 6,500|
|60 — 72||6,501 - 8,500|
|43 — 60||8,501 - 11,000|
|31 — 43||15,001 -20,000|
|Less than 31||20,000|
VITEEE Counselling 2019
The admission authority, VIT University will conduct the VITEEE 2019 counselling, for the qualified candidates tentatively in May 2019. The counselling of VITEEE 2019 will be conducted in two rounds, in offline mode. VIT conducts counselling /seat allocation process on the basis of the ranks acquired in VITEEE. VITEEE 2019 counseling procedure is mentioned below:
- Candidates selected will be sent the intimation through email or SMS to come up for counselling.
- Candidates have to attend VITEEE Counselling 2019 in person.
- Pay a DD of INR 50,000, which includes a counselling fee of INR 10,000 at the counselling center. Counselling fee is non-refundable.
- Get all your documents to be verified at the Vellore center or Chennai center. These include:
- VITEEE Admit card 2019
- VITEEE 2019 Rank Card
- Class 10 passing certificate
- Mark sheets of qualifying examination
- Reservation category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Fill in the choice of your courses and campus. Allotment will be done on the basis of the VITEEE rank, availability of seats and on the basis of the branch preference.
- Seat allotted once done will not be changed under any circumstances.
VITEEE 2019 Counselling- Rank-wise Eligibility Criteria
To participate in the counselling of VITEEE 2019, candidates need to meet the mentioned below eligibility criteria.
- Rank holders of VITEEE 2019 from 1 to 99999 are eligible to participate in the counselling session to get admission in its participating institutes.
- Rank holders 100000 and above may not eligible for admission in Vellore/Chennai / VIT-AP
- VITEEE 2019 Rank holders upto 150000 are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Bhopal only.
Note: If the candidate is unable to attend counselling because of any major, they must intimate the same to the VITEEE counselling team. Else, the seat will automatically be allocatted to next candidate as per the VITEEE merit list. The availability of seat and allotment depends upon the AIR rank obtained by the candidate.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College