VIT University will release VITEEE 2019 Application Forms in online and offline mode from November 1, 2018. Intermediate graduates can apply for the B.Tech examination at vit.ac.in. There is no change in the application fee i.e. online application form will be available for INR 1150, whereas INR 1200 has to be paid for offline one. This year, VITEEE 2019 will be organized through online (computer-based) mode from April 10-21, 2019.
- Candidates can apply till the last week of February 2019.
- Candidates must be ready with the scanned images of photograph and signature for uploading.
- The candidates those have filled their application form through online mode, they do not have to send the hard copy if it.
- OMR completed application form should be enclosed separately in the printed envelope provided and send to the Director UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore-632 014 by post.
- The university will provide the correction facility only after the completion of the application form.
VITEEE 2019 Application Form Highlights
|VITEEE 2019 Application Form is available from||November 1, 2018|
|Last date to submit VITEEE 2019 Application Form||last week of February 2019|
|VITEEE 2019 Application Form Correction window||4th week of March 2019 (tentatively)|
|Minimum qualification to fill VITEEE 2019 Application Form||60% in class XII|
|Mode of application||Online and Offline|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of all academic certificates, recernt photograph and signature|
|Application fee for online mode||INR 1150|
|Application fee for offline mode||INR 1200|
How to Fill VITEEE 2019 Application Form Online?
As per the convenience of candidates, they can apply through either online or offline mode for VITEEE 2019. There are three major steps in filling up VITEEE 2019 Application Form. Candidates who wish to apply online for VITEEE 2019 can refer to the below points:
Step 1 – Registration
- You must first register yourself to proceed to further steps
- In order to do this, visit the official website of VIT at vit.ac.in and click on the link ‘Apply for VITEEE 2019’.
- Enter personal details like name, date of birth, gender, nationality (select between 1. Indian 2. NRI 3. POI/OCI), Mobile number and Email Id. This is the registered mobile and you are advised not to change the mobile number and the email id until the end of the admission process
- The mobile phone number email Id is valid for one registration only
- Click on the ‘REGISTER’ button below to receive Password via SMS
- Use this Password and email id to LOGIN for the filling up VITEEE 2019 application form
Step 2 – Fill online Application Form
- After successfully registering at the official website, use the registered email id and the unique password sent to to LOGIN into the application portal.
- Once open, start filling the details given below
- Name of the candidate as it appears on XII certificate
- Date of birth
- Community: The candidates belonging to the MBC category should select the same code as OBC/BC
- Mother tongue
- If the candidate requires hostel accommodation
- Blood Group
- Email ID
- Complete Postal Address including PIN code
- Phone number with STD code (optional)
- Mobile number
- Name of the parent/guardian
- Relation of the person with the candidate
- Parent’s/guardian’s occupation
- Choose between ‘English’ and ‘Others’ as the medium of instruction
- Choose between ‘Regular’ and ‘Others’ as the mode of study
- One important note is that candidates who have received full time and formal education are eligible to apply
Qualifying Exam/ Appearing in 12th Standard:
- Choose ‘Name of the Board’ from the list of choices given
- Enter roll number/registration number/seat number assigned. Fill this information if you are already allotted the roll number/ registration number.
- Name of the School
- Complete address of the School with PIN code
- Month and Year of Passing/Appearing for the exam
- Choose any VIT campus
- Choose any VITEEE city(test city)
- Choose subject of your choice
All the above choices can be selected from the list of choices available.
Step 3 – Fee Payment
- After submitting form, you will be directed to the fee payment page
- Choose the method of payment. The available choices are Net banking, Credit card and Debit Card
- Click on ‘Proceed’
- You will be directed to the payment gateway site
- Refrain from using the ‘back’ button or the refresh option while the payment is being made as this can cause cancellation of transaction.
Step 4 – Upload Documents
- Upon paying the fee, you will be redirected to a page where you have to upload the photograph and signature
- If there is a need for uploading any other document, the same will be indicated.
This concludes the online application process. Candidates can download and keep a copy for future reference. The details in VITEEE 2019 Application Form like the application number should be noted for tracking the status of the VITEEE application and other purposes. There is no need of sending a hard copy of the online submitted application to the VITEEE office.
How to Fill VITEEE 2019 Application Form Offline?
Candidates have an alternative method for applying for VITEEE 2019. Candidates can obtain the offline application forms from the VIT University Campus or designated post offices throughout the country. They can obtain the kit containing the offline application form/OMR form, prospectus, information brochure and a printed self addressed envelope by paying the application fee at the counter of the post offices.
- You will get a kit from the VIT University campus. After that, pay the application fee by giving a Demand Draft (DD) drawn if favor of the ’VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
- The other method of obtaining the offline VITEEE application is by posting a DD drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore. The cover letter should be addressed to ‘Director- UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore-632014’.
- Along with the DD, the candidates have to send a request for the OMR application form too. The offline OMR application form will be dispatched by the VIT admissions office only after successfully receiving the DD.
- It is advisable for the candidates to write their names, mobile number and postal address at the back of the Demand Draft. Carefully fill the OMR application form after reading the instructions in the information brochure.
- The completely filled OMR application form can be sent to the following address via speed/registered post.
Important points to fill OMR
- Since the OMR is machine readable, exercise sufficient care when handling the OMR sheet. Any tampering or physical damage done to sheet can result in the OMR sheet not being thoroughly scanned and result in rejection of the application.
- Use only black ball point pen to enter required information. The information should be written only in English and only Capital letters should be used.
- Use a pencil to shade the circles wherever required.
- In case there is a need to change a marking, the initial marking must completely be erased.
- Do not write anything over the barcode.
- Affix only good quality photograph of the candidate in the space provided.
- The photograph must not be attested.
- Refrain from using any staple pins. The candidate also must not stick anything anywhere except for pasting the photograph in the space provided.
- You must ensure that the OMR application is sent through post (speed post/registered post) reaches the VIT office within the last date. The VIT admission office shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Take a photocopy of the filled in application for reference.
- The OMR form, completed in all aspects, must be folded along the original fold and then sent via post.
List of Post Offices
The offline application form can be availed from any of these post offices:
|State||Name of Post office||Status of Post office||Pincode|
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||Port Blair||HPO||744101|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu Tawi||HPO||180001|
|Tamil Nadu||Anna Nagar(Chennai)|
Anna Road (Chennai)
T. Nagar (Chennai)
*HO-Head Post Office, GPO- General Post Office, and SPO- Serving Post Office.
VITEEE 2019 Application for International Applicants
Foreign and NRI applicants are also eligible to apply for VITEEE 2019. Before registering, they must check VITEEE eligibility criteria 2019 at the official website. Their selection will be based upon merit (marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination) and availability of seats. For Admission under the foreign category, candidates must be foreign nationals/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) studying in any country. Also, the fee should be paid only in USD by the Sponsor.
Here are all the important dates relating to the filling of VITEEE 2019 Application Form for International candidates:
|Issue of online application form||September 2018||September 2018|
|Last date to fill the Application form along with necessary documents*||April 2019||June 2019|
How to Apply?
All eligible candidates can follow the below instructions to fill the online application form. Candidates must visit the official website i.e. vit.ac.in and find the link that directs them to the registration portal for the foreign students. You must enter the basic details such as name, date of birth, gender and email ID to register. You can then proceed to fill out the application form.
Ensure that the print page setup of the application, which is filled in all aspects, is in A4 size. Candidates need not send a hard copy of the application to the University.
Candidates need to upload all the documents given below to complete the registration process. Candidates are advised to have high quality scanned image of the following documents.
- Grade X mark statement (or any proof of age certificate)
- Grade XI mark statement (if available) or pre final semester mark statement
- For passed out candidate, XII mark statement (or equivalent degree marks statement)
- For pursuing candidate, XI mark statement (or equivalent degree marks statement)
- Employment Certificate
- Sponsorship Letter (by either father or mother of the applicant)
- The valid Passport and Visa copies of the candidate and the parent/copy of the citizenship card- for foreign candidates
- Passport size photograph
In case of any assistance or guidance, contact:
Dr. K. Manivannan
Director - UG Admissions
Vellore - 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone:+91-416-220 2157 /Fax:+91-416-224 5544
Important Documents Required for VITEEE 2019
candidates are required to have the following documents ready before filling up VITEEE 2019 online application form.
- Scanned image of the candidate’s photograph
- Upload a recent passport size photograph during the online application procedure.
- The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) and 4.5 cm (height).
- The prescribed format is .jpeg and the file size should be in between 10kb and 200kb.
- Scanned image of the candidate’s signature
- Upload your signature during the online application procedure.
- The signature should be made on a white paper and then scanned. The candidate can make a rectangular box of dimensions 3 cm (width) and 1.5 cm (height) and sign inside this box.
- The prescribed format for uploading is .jpeg and the file size should be in between 10kb and 200kb.
Note:The candidate must also have the necessary credit/debit card details to make the payment online.
VITEEE 2019 Application Fee
The application fee varies according to the mode of payment you choose. Once paid, it will not be refunded under any circumstances. In case of offline payment, the Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore. NRI candidates can pay the application fee of USD 50 via Demand Draft. All other details are mentioned below:
|Mode of Application||Application Fee||Mode of Payment|
|Online||INR 1150||Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking|
|Offline ||INR 1200||Demand Draft (DD)|
How to Retrieve Application Number and Password?
- Candidates need an email ID and password sent to them to register successfully In order to retrieve the application number and password, log-in to the application portal at vit.ac.in. Follow the below steps in case you forget your application number or password:
- Click on the link ‘Forgot Application number?’
- Enter your Name and date of birth
- Enter registered email id and mobile number
- Ensure this is the exact same data as provided at the time of registration and applying
- Enter security code as shown
- Click on ‘SUBMIT’ and note down your application number.
- If a candidate forgets his Password, it can be retriieved too. At the sign-in portal, enter registered email id and password to LOGIN. You will find the link ‘Forgot Password?’. Click it and then you will be redirected to a page where you must provide the registered mobile number and registered email id. Click ‘submit’ and note down your new password.
VITEEE 2019 Application Form Correction
Candidates who have applied through online mode have the option to make corrections in few fields in the already submitted application form. Corrections, if any, have to be done before the last date of application submission. After this date, candidates cannot make any corrections.
- To make changes, log in to the official website using your registered email id and password.
- Upon logging in, candidates can see an ‘EDIT’ button.
- Clicking on this button gives the candidate the chance to modify his choices.
- Make sure to save the necessary changes.
- Take a hard copy of this modified application for future reference.
Candidates who have applied in the offline mode cannot make any corrections to the form. In case of any assistance required, contact VIT University through any of the following mediums:Address: VIT University, Vellore - 632 014, Tamil Nadu,
INDIA Phone: +91-416-2202168, 2202157
Fax: +91-416 224 5544, 224 0411
VITEEE 2019 Application Form Status
Candidates will receive a confirmation SMS on their registered mobile number from the VIT office, once the application is successfully received by VIT. They can also track the status of their application by visiting the official website i.e. vit.ac.in. Candidates must enter their application number and enter the security code to login and check the status of their application.
In case the candidate has sent VITEEE 2019 application form via post, it will take a minimum of three weeks for the candidate to use this feature.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College