Patna has a total of 8 colleges offering law programs on Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research levels. Out of 8 colleges, 5 are top government Law colleges in Patna and 3 are private colleges.
- There are 7 full-time colleges and 1 that is of distance education format.
- The distance education law college is the Nalanda Open University, Patna.
- Other best Law colleges in Patna include Chanakya National Law University, Patna University, Bihar Institute of Law, Patna Law College, Amity University, etc.
Read More:Top Law Colleges in India
Top Law Colleges in Patna: Rankings
There are a total of 8 law colleges in all of Patna. All of the colleges have been rated high by the numerous ranking agencies in the nation. Ratings and rankings are done by the agencies on their set of own parameters. Parameters like placement details, student enrollment figures, faculty details, etc are used to score colleges and then ranked. Some agencies conduct surveys to find out the best colleges in each department.
All eight Patna law colleges are highly rated by the students. Current and past students also have suitable and positive reviews for the colleges. Some of the top law colleges in Patna are Patna Law College, Bihar Institute of Law, Patna University, Chanakya National Law University, etc.
Top Law Colleges in Patna: Return on Investment (ROI)
Return on investment is a method adopted by students and ranking agencies to find out how profitable a particular college or university is. Return on investment uses a college’s average annual fee and average placement package. The table below lists the ROI of some of the top colleges in Patna that offer law programs.
|College Name||Average Annual Fee||Average Placement Package||ROI Rank|
|Patliputra University||INR 15,000||INR 5,40,000||1|
|Bihar Institute of Law||INR 25,544||INR 4,00,000||2|
|Chanakya National Law University||INR 1,41,700||INR 7,00,000||3|
|Amity University Patna||INR 1,16,000||INR 4,80,000||4|
- On top of the list is Patliputra University’s LLB program. The program has an average annual fee of INR 15,000 and the average placement package is INR 5,40,000.
- The second position is the Bihar Institute of Law, one of the top law colleges of Patna, with an average placement package of INR 4,00,000.
- Chanakya National Law University and Amity University’s LLB programs are close together with average placement packages of INR 7,00,000 and INR 4,80,000 respectively.
Top Law College in Patna: Fee Structure
Given below is the fee structure of Law colleges in Patna:
Source: Official Website
Top Law Colleges in Patna: Admission Process
There are 8 total colleges offering law programs out of which 5 are public colleges and 3 are private colleges. The chart below demonstrates the private and public colleges in a chart.
Source: Official Survey
Admission into all law colleges in Patna is one the basis of merit and entrance exam scores.
- Some of the accepted exams are CLAT, BILAT, Amity entrance exam, etc.
- CLAT exam is required for both bachelor’s and master’s programs.
- Post submitting the entrance exam score, some colleges hold an interview round.
Patna Law College
The Patna Law college is one of the oldest law colleges in Patna. It was established in 1909 and is affiliated to Patna University.
- Patna Law College has LLB, LLM and research programs.
- The three-year-long duration program has an average annual fee of INR 1,889.
- The LLB program aspirants need to graduate in any stream before applying.
- Patna Law College admission 2019 was held through the entrance exam conducted by the University.
Bihar Institute of Law
The Bihar Institute of Law is a private institute from Patna that has been approved by the Bar Council of India. The college was established in the year 1984 and is affiliated to the Magadh University.
- The institute offers a three year and five-year undergraduate law program.
- Admission to the Bihar Institute of Law is made on the basis of the institute’s entrance exam, BILAT.
- The average annual fee of the BA LLB Honors program at Bihar Institute of Law is INR 25,544.
Chanakya National Law University
The Chanakya National Law University or CNLU for short is an autonomous university from Patna. It was established in the year 2006 by the Government of Bihar.
- Applicants can apply to BA LLB, BBA LLB, LLM, LLD and also research programs at CNLU.
- Admission into all undergraduate and postgraduate programs is on the basis of the CLAT entrance exam.
- The average annual fee for the BA LLB Honors program is INR 1,41,700.
- The average placement package is INR 7,00,000 for the latest placement drive.
Top Law Colleges in Patna: Entrance Exam wise
All the law colleges in Patna require an entrance exam score in order to be admitted into their programs. The details of a couple of the entrance exams are as below.
Top Law Colleges in Patna: Accepting CLAT
The Common Law Admission Test or CLAT for short is a national level entrance test required for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The exam is conducted by the consortium of National Law Universities.
- CLAT is required for admission to NLUs and other law institutes.
- The exam is held once a year and is held in the offline mode.
- The total duration of the paper is 2 hours and contains both MCQs and objective type questions.
- The application fee is 0.25 for every wrong answer.
CLAT is accepted at Chanakya National Law University in Patna.
Top Law Colleges in Patna: Placement Wise
All law college graduates go through a placement drive as they are about to graduate. Students find jobs in both the private sector and public sector organizations in the legal department.
The average placement packages of the top colleges in Patna have been demonstrated in the chart below.
Source: Official Website
- The average placement package for the top law colleges in Patna is INR 4,00,000 to INR 7,00,000 lakh per annum.
- Some of the organizations where students find jobs are ICICI Bank, Quislex and more.
|Top Law Colleges in Muzaffarpur||Top Law Colleges in Bhagalpur|
|Top Law College in Gaya||Top Law College in Nawada|
Students must choose the correct specialization while pursuing Law. The specialization chosen plays a vital role in deciding a career path.
Top Law Colleges in Patna: For Civil Law
Civil law refers to the law protecting the rights of the citizens of a country. Lawyers working in the civil law help settle disputes regarding property, family law, contracts etc. Most law graduates prefer to work in civil law post-graduation.
Some of the top Law colleges in Patna law for Civil Law specializations are given below:
- Chanakya National Law University
- College of Commerce, Arts, and Science
- Nalanda Open University
Top Law Colleges in Patna: For Human Rights
A human rights lawyer investigates, assesses and helps fight cases where human rights are violated. Human rights lawyers find jobs in both national and international organisations.
Some of the top Law colleges in Patna for Human rights are given below:
- Chanakya National Law University
- Patliputra University
- Top Law College in Patna for Corporate Law
- Top Law College in Patna for Criminal Law
- Top Law College in Patna for Intellectual Property Law
- Top Law College in Patna for Cyber Law
Top Law Colleges in Patna: FAQs
Ques. Which is the best college for law in Patna?
Ans. There are 8 top law colleges in Patna. The top colleges are Patna Law College, Bihar Institute of Law, etc. Chanakya National Law College is another best law college from Patna
Ques. What are the fees for law in Patna?
Ans. The annual fees for law programs for any college in Patna range from INR 15,000 to INR 1,41,700.
Ques. Which law specialization is the best?
Ans. There are a number of law specializations including general law programs. There are also human rights, corporate law, civil law, cyber law and more.
Ques. Which college has the highest CTC in Patna?
Ans. The highest CTC has been recorded from Chanakya National Law University at INR 7,00,000 followed by Patliputra University at INR 5,40,000.
Ques. Which entrance exam is required for law admission in Patna?
Ans. Admission into law programs offering colleges is primarily on the basis of entrance exams. Some accepted entrance exams are CLAT and BILAT.
Ques. Is the Bihar Institute of Law Patna good for law programs?
Ans. Bihar Institute of Law is one of the top law colleges from Patna. It has been highly rated by past and present students alike.
Ques. What is the duration of a full-time law degree?
Ans. A full-time law degree is delivered over three to five years.
Ques. Are there any distance education law colleges?
Ans. There is currently one college in Patna that offers law programs through correspondence format.
Ques. How many public colleges are there offering law programs in Patna?
Ans. There are 3 private law colleges and 5 colleges that are public that offer law programs in Patna.
Ques. Is Amity University the best colleges for law in Patna?
Ans. Amity University is the oldest university in Patna that offers law programs. Graduates find jobs in some of the top law organizations in the nation.