The total duration of this course is 3 years. This is a full-time undergraduate course and for pursuing this course, students do not have to appear for any entrance examinations. This course is helpful to understand and become an expert in acquiring knowledge in Tamil language and literature. From the perspective of grammar, students get a chance to discover the concept of linguistics in this graduation in the Tamil course.
Know More About Language Courses
In this course, the main importance is given in teaching Tamil language only, but students also have to read the English literature, Environmental science, and one core subject. The students, who want to pursue this course, must complete 10+2 or intermediate examination in any Science/Arts or Commerce stream securing a minimum 50% of aggregate marks from any recognized university.
The average fees that are charged for pursuing in top BA in Tamil colleges is around INR 2,000-8,000 per year. As this is a full-time course hence there are no such dual degrees available along with this course. The prospects are good and students are able to get multiple job opportunities once they successfully cleared this graduation course in Tamil.
The various job profiles, where a student can engage themselves along with earning good remunerations are- News Anchor in Tamil, Accountant in Private Firms, School Teachers for Tamil language, Computer Operator, etc. The average salary of these job profiles is around INR 2, 00,000-6, 00,000 P/A. After completing this course, students can also opt for further courses like M.A in Tamil, M.Phil in Tamil, and Ph.D. in Tamil literature.
BA in Tamil Course Highlights
The main highlights of the BA in Tamil course are as follows:-
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Arts in Tamil|
|Examination Type||Semester system|
|Eligibility||Must complete 10+2 or any of its equivalent courses with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks from any recognized university.|
|Course Fee||INR 2,000-8,000 Per Semester|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000- 5,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Business Houses, Fire Department, Field Research Firms, Industrial Houses, News Media, Publishing Firms, Political Organizations, Police, Tourism, Consultancies, Educational Institutes Management, Public Works, Marketing Research Firms, Law Firms, Multinational Companies.|
|Job Positions||Tamil Translator and Interpreter, Multimedia Reporter, Tamil Linguist, Tamil Teacher, Professor, and many more|
What is the BA in Tamil Eligibility Criteria?
A student must have to be eligible to pursue a certain course. The eligibility criteria for the BA in Tamil course are the following:-
- The student must complete the 10+2 or intermediate examination in maybe Science/ Arts and Commerce stream
- The student must get a minimum of 50% of the aggregate of marks from any recognized board.
- Getting good marks in 10+2 or intermediate examination is the prime requirement for admission. As based on this mark admission process is conducted.
- Some colleges conduct the personal interview round also having weightage. So, students also have to score good marks in this round
What is BA in Tamil Admission Process?
The admission process for pursuing a BA in the Tamil course is based on the marks obtained by the student in the 10+2 or intermediate examinations conducted by any recognized boards. The admission process is completely based on merit.
- The application forms released dates for the admission process vary from college to college. After the declaration of the results of 10+2 or intermediate examinations, every college announces the availability date of the application form and also the final admission dates.
- Earlier, most of the colleges conduct an offline mode of the application process. But due to COVID 19 Pandemic, this year every college decided to conduct an online mode of application for pursuing this course.
BA in Tamil Admission Process Steps
The online mode of the admission process for the admission in BA in Tamil is the following:-
- Students must register their names by providing email ids, mobile number, and password.
- Fill all the necessary blanks by providing personal and educational information.
- Pay the application fees through Credit card/ Debit card or Net banking.
- Once payment is successful you will get a receipt of application form confirmation. Save this receipt for future use.
- Once you get selected, the college authority will inform you of further counseling processes and admission.
The offline mode of the admission process for the admission in BA in Tamil is the following:-
- After the release of the application form, visit your college and collect the admission form along with the college prospectus.
- Fill up all the necessary details in the admission form and make a demand draft of the required application fees.
- Submit the application form and demand draft before the closing date of the application form.
- 2 days before admission, you can check your name in the cut-off list and can get an idea about the certainty of your admission.
How to get admission in a good BA in Tamil College?
To get a chance to pursue your BA in Tamil course from a good college always remember the following points:-
- For getting admission to a top college a student must secure an excellent mark on the 10+2 examination conducted by any recognized boards.
- A minimum of 50% of marks is required to be eligible to apply for pursuing this course.
- Concentrate on preparing for the final year examination from one year before the date of examination. This will help you to secure an excellent mark in the 10+2 final examination.
- In some of the colleges, along with the admission process, the personal interview round with weightage is also conducted. So prepare well for this round of interviews also.
- Try to collect all details of that college, where you want to pursue your future education like how the teaching faculty, curriculum, course fees, college environment, etc.
- Placement is also very important. So, always choose that particular college where placement opportunities are excellent. Where previously passed out students get good job opportunities.
Why Choose BA in the Tamil Course?
This is an undergraduate degree course and the reasons why you have to choose this BA in Tamil course are as follows:-
- This course will enable you to understand the basic root of this old contemporary Tamil language from both classical and modern point of view.
- BA in the Tamil language is regarded as the best and flexible course and a proper choice for the future career of a student.
- If you are pursuing a BA in the Tamil course, you can able to choose any specialization without any restriction, which is usually not possible in the case of other fields of specializations in the Arts stream.
- After completing Post graduation and a Doctorate students can start their career as a professor/Lecturer of Tamil language in the various colleges/universities of Chennai.
- This course will improve the communication skill, analytical, and research associated capabilities of a student.
- Students can able to educate themselves in the Tamil language by including vocabulary and grammar to understand the basic aspects of this language.
- Students can start writing poems, fiction, and novels with appropriate words and grammatical corrections once they complete and get a complete knowledge of this literature course in Tamil.
- Students can explore themselves in various job opportunities. They can choose to become a News Anchor in Tamil, Accountant in Private Firms, School Teachers for Tamil language, Computer Operator, and many more other options are also available.
BA in Tamil Top Colleges
The top 10 colleges that offer the BA in Tamil course are the following:
|Top Colleges||City||Average Annual fees in INR||Average Placement Package in INR|
|Loyola College||Chennai||2000- 8000||1,00,000-2,50,000|
|Presidency College||Chennai||3000- 6000||2,00,000-3,00,000|
|Madras Christian College||Chennai||2000- 5000||2,50,000-3,50,000|
|Kamadhenu College of Arts and Science||Dharmapuri||3000- 6000||2,00,000-4,00,000|
|Quaid-E-Millath Government College for Autonomous||Chennai||2,000-7,000||2,70,000-3,00,000|
|Loganatha Narayanasamy Government College||Ponneri||2000- 8000||1,00,000-3,00,000|
|Queen Mary’s College||Chennai||3000- 6000||2,50,000-3,50,000|
|PSG College of Arts and Science||Coimbatore||4000- 5000||2,60,000-3,70,000|
|Ponnaiyah Ramajayam Institute of Science and Technology||Thanjavur||3500- 7000||2,10,000-3,20,000|
|Pachaiyappas College||Chennai||2000- 6000||2,00,000-3,00,000|
BA in Tamil Course Specializations
The course specializations of the BA in Tamil course are:-
|Specialization courses||Description||Average Salary in INR|
|Linguistics||It is the scientific study of the Tamil language, its meaning, analysis of language, etc.||3,00,000-5,00,000|
|Literature||It is the study of the classical and modern literature of Tamil language||3,00,000-5,00,000|
|Fiction||It is the study of various Tamil stories of ancient times.||3,00,000-3,50,000|
|Poetry||It is the study of Tamil poetry.||3,00,000-4,00,000|
|Philosophy||It is the study of Tamil language.||3,00,000-6,00,000|
|Literary History||It is the study of the ancient history of Tamil literature||3,00,000-5,00,000|
BA in Tamil Distance Education
The Institutions that offer distance education on the BA in Tamil course are the following:-
|College Name||Course Description||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Annamalai University||Give a brief description of the BA in the Tamil course from the modern and classical point of view.||4,000|
|Alagappa University||Overall discussion about Tamil literature, Tamil linguistics, etc.||6,000|
|Bharathidasan University||Give a brief description of the BA in Tamil course to enhance the competency and knowledge in Tamil literature||5,000|
What is the BA in Tamil Syllabus?
The syllabus for the BA in Tamil course is the following:-
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Language Course I - Tamil/ Other language||Language Course II - Tamil/ Other language||Language Course III - Tamil/ Other language|
|English Language Course||English Language Course II||English Language Course III|
|Core Course I||Core Course III||Core Course IV|
|Core Course II||First Allied Course I||Second Allied Course I|
|First Allied Course I||First Allied Course II||Second Allied Course II|
|First Allied Course II||Environmental Science||Non-major elective I|
|Semester 4||Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Language Course IV - Tamil/ Other language||Core Course VII||Core Course XI|
|English Language Course IV||Core Course VIII||Core Course XII|
|Core Course V||Core Course IX||Core Course XIII|
|Second Allied Course II||Core Course X||Major Based Elective II|
|Second Allied Course III||Major Based Elective I||Major Based Elective III|
|Non-major elective II||Skill Based Elective II||Extension Activities|
Job Prospects and Career Options of BA in Tamil Course
The various job prospects and career options for this BA in Tamil course are the following:-
- Various career options are available for the students once completing a BA in the Tamil course. They can work in different organizations as a Teacher, New reader, Journalists, Computer operators, Accountant, and many more.
- The different areas of employment after completing this course are, in Business Houses, Fire Department, Lobbying Firms, News Media, Publishing Firms, Political Organizations, Police, Tourism, Consultancies, Financial Organizations, Public Works, Municipal Planning, Banks, Marketing Research Firms, Law Firms, Multinational Companies, etc
- Both government and private sector jobs are available for the students after completing their graduation in Tamil.
The best job profiles after completing the BA in Tamil course are the following:-
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary in INR|
|News Anchor in Tamil||Responsible for presenting news of the country from the studio in local regional language-Tamil||3,00,000-3,50,000|
|Accountant in Private Firms||Responsible for preparing assets, making data, monitoring and checking the financial accounts of the company||1,50,000-3,00,000|
|School Teachers for the Tamil language||Responsible for teaching school students the regional Tamil language||3,00,000-4,00,000|
|Computer Operator||Graduates in Tamil with knowledge of computer students can become a computer operator in various computer Institutions, schools, etc.||2,00,000-2,50,000|
Future Scope of the BA in Tamil
The future scope of this course is very good with lots of great job opportunities. The brief discussion of the future scope of this course is mentioned below:-
- BA in the Tamil language is regarded as the best and flexible course and a proper choice for the future career of a student. This course will enable you to understand the basic root of the old contemporary Tamil language from both classical and modern point of view.
- In the future, students can choose to pursue a masters’ degree, M.Phil degree, and a Ph.D. degree in Tamil. Masters’ and M. Phil degree in Tamil is a similar course like BA in Tamil. But in master's degree students have to study this course more elaborately and can gain more knowledge in Tamil literature. Pursuing Ph.D.in Tamil means researching one of the topics of Tamil language and presents a dissertation using your language.
- The related course with this BA in Tamil course is BA in Malayalam, where students have to study about the Malayalam language, its origin, and scope. Another related course with this BA in the Tamil course is a BA in Kannada, where students have to study linguistic, literature, and Philosophy of the Kannada language.
BA in Tamil: FAQs
Ques. What is the total duration of this course?
Ques. What is the Various-specialized course in Tamil?
Ques. What does a Teacher of a Tamil language do?
Ques. What is the average salary of a Tamil language teacher?
Ques. What is the minimum percentage required for pursuing admission in this course?
Ques. Does distance learning available for this BA in the Tamil course?
Ques. What are the basic eligibility criteria for pursuing this course?
Ques. What is the average salary of a News Anchor in Tamil?
Ques. Should I appear for any entrance exams for pursuing this course?
Ques. Does pursuing this course is costly?