What is MBA Airline Management?
MBA Airline management is a 2 year postgraduate course in the business administration with the specialization in Airline management where students are trained with airport operations, finance, services, traffic management etc.
MBA Airline management caters knowledge to students for embracing new managerial and technical skills for airport and airline transport management.
MBA Airline management develops different skills within a student to apply managerial skills for the exponential growth of operational and financial airline travels.
Candidates with the graduation degree (BBA) in Aviation or any other relevant field from a recognized university are eligible to apply for this course; however they should have a minimum aggregate percentage of 50%.
|All About MBA||MBA Jobs||MBA Admission Process 2021|
|MBA Syllabus||MBA without Entrance Exams||MBA Distance Education|
Admission in MBA Airline management is done on the basis of MBA entrance examination like CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ NMAT etc. followed by a counseling session by the specialist to evaluate students.
Following is the list of colleges which are ranked best for MBA Airline management :
|College Name||Location||Admission Procedure||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Kasturi Institute of Management Studies||Coimbatore||Entrance examination||INR 4 LPA||INR 6,50,000|
|IIKM Business School, Nungambakkam||Chennai||Entrance examination||INR 4.85 LPA||INR 4,30,000|
|National College of Aviation||Chennai||Entrance examination||INR 2.00 LPA||INR 5,70,000|
|Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences (NCAAS)||Coimbatore||Entrance examination||INR 3.30 LPA||INR 4,90,000|
|Vinayaka Missions University||Tamil nadu||Entrance examination||INR 2.16 LPA||INR 3,45,000|
The average course fee ranges from INR 1,00,000 to INR 5,00,000 per annum for MBA Airline Management.
After completing MBA Airline Management, candidates can bag a job of Business Development Executives, Sales Executives, Business Systems Analysts, Market Research Analyst, Zonal Business Manager, Customer Facility Manager, Airport Representative, Airport Ground Staff etc.
See Also: Types of MBA
The job positions bagged by a candidate after completing MBA Airline management leads them to earn packages ranging from INR 3,00,000 to INR 9,00,000 per annum. For further higher studies, an airline management student can apply for PhD courses in similar specializations for a research based approach on the subjects.
What is the MBA Airline Management Admission Process?
MBA Airline management is a postgraduate course in which admissions are granted only on the basis of entrance examination and no merit based admissions are possible. For applying in MBA Airline management course, one needs to pass any central level examination like CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ SAT/ NMAT etc. After passing the cut off marks, candidates need to pass the interview round conducted by each college itself for getting admission in MBA Airline Management. Below are some steps which need to be followed for getting admission in MBA Airline Management:
- Examination registration: Visit the official portal of central level examination and fill all the details including name, email address, password, etc.
- Download Admit card: Once the admit card is released, download the admit card for examination.
- Appear for the examination: On the entrance examination day, appear for the entrance examination. After passing the cut off marks, apply for the preferred college.
- Register: Fill up the form by mentioning important details, entrance examination marks and attaching the documents in the college registration form.
- Merit list: As per the candidates entrance examination marks, a merit list is formed by every college and a cut off is decided for candidates.
- Counseling procedure: After getting qualified on the basis of entrance examination marks, candidates need to appear for a group discussion and personal interview round for the final selection.
Admissions are solely done on the basis of aggregate marks scored by the candidates in the entrance examination and counseling round.
What is the MBA Airline Management Eligibility Criteria?
Candidates passing the following eligibility criteria can register for admission in MBA Airline management:
- Candidates with the graduation degree (BBA) in Aviation or any other relevant field from a recognized university are eligible to apply for this course; however they should have a minimum aggregate percentage of 50%.
- Candidates should hold a valid score in any relevant entrance examination for applying in any college for admissions.
Which MBA Airline Management Entrance Exams?
MBA Airline management admissions are granted on the basis of central level examinations like CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT among many others. The examination question paper is divided into various sections with reading passage section; aptitude based reasoning sections, mathematical based questions, and even language evaluation. Here is detailed information about the entrance examination which are applicable for MBA Airline Management:
|MBA Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Application Date||MBA Exam Date|
|CAT||Indian Institutes of Management||August, 2021||November, 2021|
|XAT||XLRI||Sep 12 – Dec 10, 2021||January 3, 2022|
|CMAT||National Testing Agency||December, 2021||4th Week of January 2022 (Tentative)|
|GMAT||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)||Apr 20, 2020 – Feb 21, 2021||Throughout the Year|
|ATMA||Association of India Management Schools||Dec 21, 2020 – Feb 8, 2021||August 7, 2021|
|MAH CET||State Common Entrance Test Cell||January, 2021 – February, 2021||2nd week of March 2021 (Tentative)|
|TAN CET||Anna University||January, 2021||March 2021 (Tentative)|
|SNAP||Symbiosis International University||November, 2021||December 20, 2021 and January 6 & 9, 2022|
|NMAT||Graduate Management Admission Council||August, 2021 – October, 2021||November 4, 2021-January 30, 2022|
|OPENMAT||National Testing Agency||February 2021||September, 2021|
How to Prepare for an MBA Airline Management Entrance Exams?
All the entrance examinations which are being considered for admissions in MBA Airline management are similar and follow an objective evaluation based upon the aptitude, reasoning, mathematics and language evaluation.
Here are certain tips and tricks which need to be taken care of while preparing for entrance examination:
- Know your capabilities and judge yourself as per the examination pattern followed for MBA Airline Management.
- Make your mathematics and statistics stronger with in depth knowledge and regular practice.
- Practice passage based questions, aptitude questions and reasoning based questions regularly for improving the time management.
- Divide all the sections properly to complete the syllabus on time and study each topic thoroughly.
- Build a strong command on the data interpretation and language section with regular practice.
- Solve mock papers regularly and check your improvement to keep an update about the necessary topics which are required to be prepared.
How to Get Admission in a Good MBA Airline Management College?
Below are some points which should be considered for getting admissions in a good MBA Actuarial college:
- Prepare well for the entrance examination to get a good score for reserving a seat in a reputed MBA Airline management college.
- Practice for the group discussion and interview round with a fluency on language and knowledge base.
- The colleges need to be selected as per the preference. Know all the requisites of the desired college to get admission in that particular college.
- Keep your work experience handy for scoring good marks in the collected entrance examination and counseling round.
- Do track the important dates like registration date and counseling date and follow them positively.
MBA Airline Management: What is it About?
MBA Airline management is quite popular nowadays and can be described in the following points:
- MBA Airline management is a 2 year postgraduate course in the business administration with the specialization in Airline management where students are trained with airport operations, finance, services, traffic management etc.
- MBA Airline management caters knowledge to students for embracing new managerial and technical skills for airport and airline transport management.
- MBA Airline management develops different skills within a student to apply managerial skills for the exponential growth of operational and financial airline travels.
- MBA in Airline management brushes up the decision making skills of any candidate and develops an understanding for managing various aviation operations.
- A student can pursue an Mphil or PhD after completing their MBA in Airline management for research based knowledge and career.
MBA Airline Management: Highlights
|Course Level||Post graduation|
|Full-Form||Masters of business administration in Airline Management|
|Examination type||Semester Examination|
|Eligibility||Graduation (BBA) in aviation or any similar field from a recognized university with aggregate marks of 50% for general category.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination + Counseling|
|Course Fee||INR 1,00,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 9,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Deccan Airways, Airways India, Bharat Airways, Himalayan Aviation, Kalinga Airlines, Indian National Airways and Air Services of India and the Domestic wing of Air India, Air Deccan, SpiceJet, IndiGo, GoAir and others like Kingfisher Airlines|
|Job Positions||Business Development Executives, Sales Executives, Business Systems Analysts, Market Research Analyst, Zonal Business Manager, Customer Facility Manager, Airport Representative, Airport Ground Staff, Customer Care Executive, Retail Sales, Executives, Tour Coordinator, Client Servicing Executives etc.|
Why Study MBA Airline Management?
MBA Airline management offers various perks for the students including a good package, interesting job profile, secured job etc. Below are some points which make it worth choosing:-
- Popular: MBA in Airline management is constantly growing worldwide, and is rated as one of the top jobs globally.
- High Initial Package: The person with Airline management degree earns great initial packages which are doubled within five years of work experience.
- Secured Job: The demand for management students are never diminished, hence there are always a chance to secure a fine job after completion of MBA Airline management
- Interesting career option: With the practical applications of management tools in solving real life problems and assessing various financial and operational processes in airline transportation, a career in Airline management is an interesting one.
Course Comparison: MBA Airline management Vs. MBA Tourism Management
Following table tells about the differences between two courses that are often confused with each other. Hence, the table differences between MBA Airline management and MBA Tourism Management.
|Parameters||MBA in Airline Management||MBA in Tourism Management|
|Qualification||Masters of Business Administration in Airline management||Masters of Business Administration in Tourism Management|
|Course Overview||MBA Airline management is a 2 year postgraduate course in the business administration with the specialization in Airline management where students are trained with airport operations, finance, services, traffic management etc.||MBA in Tourism management is a postgraduate course which involves the management techniques to operate different tourism sector services.|
|Admission Process||Entrance examination + Personal Interview||Entrance examination + Personal Interview|
|Average Fee||INR 1,00,000 to INR 5,00,000||INR 4,00,000 – INR 6,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 9,00,000||INR 2,00,000 to 5,80,000|
|Colleges||Institutes of Logistics and Aviation management, SJES college of management studies, Hindustan School of Management||Institute of Hotel Management, Institute of Hotel management, catering and nutrition, International Institute of hotel management|
|Top Job Profiles||Business Development Executives, Sales Executives, Business Systems Analysts, Market Research Analyst, Zonal Business Manager, Customer Facility Manager, Airport Representative, Airport Ground Staff, Customer Care Executive, Retail Sales, Executives, Tour Coordinator, Client Servicing Executives||Tour manager, Event Manager, Travel counselors, Destination manager, Hotel Manager, Sales Manager, Operations Executive, Tour Guide etc.|
Which are the Top MBA Airline Management Colleges?
Here are some of the top colleges which offer MBA in Airline Management:
|Name of the Institute||Average Course Fee||Average Package|
|Kasturi Institute of Management Studies||INR 4 LPA||INR 6,50,000|
|IIKM Business School, Nungambakkam||INR 4.85 LPA||INR 4,30,000|
|National College of Aviation||INR 2.00 LPA||INR 5,70,000|
|Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences (NCAAS)||INR 3.30 LPA||INR 4,90,000|
|Vinayaka Missions University||INR 2.16 LPA||INR 3,45,000|
|Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management||INR 1.80 LPA||INR 6,70,000|
|Aimfill International||INR 2.16 LPA||INR 5,70,000|
|Air Carnival Aviation Academy||INR 2.96 LPA||INR 3,92,000|
|SCM Hub International Business School||INR 1.75 LPA||INR 5,50,000|
|Hindustan School of Management||INR 1.54 LPA||INR 7,20,000|
|Adventure Flight Education||INR 4 LPA||INR 4,45,000|
|SJES College of Management Studies, Microsoft IT Academy||INR 2.80 LPA||INR 5,20,000|
|School of Management, D.Y. Patil University||INR 3.95 LPA||INR 4,80,000|
|Hindustan University||INR 4.53 LPA||INR 5,50,000|
|Institute of Logistics & Aviation Management, Bangalore, Indira nagar||INR 3.53 LPA||INR 3,20,000|
|Agragami Group of Educational Institutes, Yelahanaka,||INR 2.53 LPA||INR 4,67,000|
Which are the MBA Airline Management Distance Education?
MBA Airline management is a course which can be taken from distance education. The syllabus and the curriculum are the same for both regular and correspondence courses. Admissions are also done on the same basis as the regular course with the same eligibility criteria.
Below are some of the colleges which offer MBA Airline management as a correspondence course:
|College/Institute||Location||Fees per Annum|
|IGNOU||Delhi, Ahmedabad||INR 26,400 – 33,600|
|BRAOU||Hyderabad||INR 5,800 – 20,000|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 80,000 – 1,00,000|
College Comparison: MBA Airline Management
Below tabulated is the detailed comparison about top colleges for MBA Airline Management
|College Name||Kasturi Institute of Management Studies||IIKM Business School, Nungambakkam||National College of Aviation|
|Overview||Kasturi Institute of Management studies is a pioneer airline and airport management institute with a specialized aviation management department in India.||One of the fastest growing B-schools in India, IIKM Business School is run by a nonprofit organization and offers various UG, PG courses in management fields.||National College of Aviation is a leading institute established in 2012 for offering UG and PG courses of management studies.|
|Average Tuition Fees||INR 4,00,000||INR 4,85,000||INR 2,00,000|
|Admission||Common Entrance test + Personal Interview||Entrance test + Personal Interview||Entrance test + Personal Interview|
|Average Annual Placement Package||INR 6,50,000||INR 4,30,000||INR 5,70,000|
What is the MBA Airline Management Syllabus?
Here are some subjects which are taught for MBA in Airline Management
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Principles and Practice||Operations Management|
|Organizational Behaviors||Marketing Management|
|Managerial Economics||Financial Management|
|Financial and Management Accounting||Human Resource Management|
|Quantitative Methods for Management||Quantitative Techniques|
|Corporate Communication||Research Methods for Management|
|-||Computer Applications in Management using SA|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Business Ethics and Global Business Environment||Strategic Management: Indian Global Context|
|Management Information System||Airline Marketing and Strategic Airline Alliances|
|Airline and Airport Operations||Aviation Safety and Security|
|Strategic Airport Planning and Marketing||Aviation Legal Environment|
|Air Traffic Control||Aviation Resource Management|
|Aircraft Maintenance Management||-|
|Summer Placement Project Report & Viva-Voce||-|
Which are the MBA Airline Management Important Books?
Important books which can be used for reference in the course MBA in Airline management are:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Airport Management||C. Daniel Prather|
|Designing and Executing Strategy in Aviation Management||Triant G. Flouris, Sharon L. Oswald|
|Airport Marketing||David Jarach|
|Airport Operations and Scheduling||Massoud Bazargan|
|Airport Operations, Third Edition||Norman J. Ashford, Pierre Coutu, John R. Beasley|
Various books and reference papers are available for the MBA Airline management course which can be referred.
What are the MBA Airline Management Job Profiles?
Some of the companies that hire candidates from MBA in Airline management in India include Deccan Airways, Airways India, Bharat Airways, Himalayan Aviation, Kalinga Airlines, Indian National Airways and Air Services of India and the Domestic wing of Air India, Air Deccan, SpiceJet, IndiGo, GoAir and others like Kingfisher Airlines etc.
Below are some job positions which are bagged by a person pursuing MBA in Airline Management:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale|
|Manager - Flight Domicile Business Operations||Manager, Domicile (Base) Business Operations’ role is to develop, implement and administer the domicile business plan supporting all assigned pilots. Work directly affects 800-1800 base-assigned pilots.||INR 709,859|
|Aviation Consultant||The aviation consultant is responsible for the procedures, techniques, and surveillance of air traffic control. The aviation consultant performs operational analysis of safety performance by conducting technical reviews. Depending on your specific expertise, you'll have numerous avenues of employment from which to choose.||INR 855,286|
|Administrator||These authorities are often governed by a group of airport commissioners, who are appointed to lead the authority by a government official. They are the decision-makers and policy-makers for airports. Regardless, someone has to manage the daily operations and plan for the future, and that job lies within the "airport management" title||INR 861,669|
|Staff Manager||Supervises, through subordinates, the maintenance, technical, and professional staff in carrying out their prescribed functions. Directs accounting staff in preparation of budget, and monitors expenditures to ensure proper and efficient management of funds. The Airport Manager manages the service/distribution operation to ensure that it functions effectively and efficiently to maximize profitability while maintaining the highest level of service.||INR 709,859|
|Airport Representative||Primarily responsible to Assist hotel guests during pick and transfer.||INR 609,000|
|Airport Ground Staff||The job of ground staff is vast and varied. They work at airports to keep airplanes running efficiently. Ground staff also refers to people who work in the airport terminal itself.||INR 2,50,000|
What is the MBA Airline Management Future Scope?
Some of the future prospects available after completing the course of MBA in Airline management are:
- Students with an MBA in Airline management can work in any airlines and airport management firm. They can work as consultants too in any private firm or independently.
- Students who want to pursue further studies can opt for PhD Airline Management. A PhD in the same course will brush up the knowledge of a student and will develop a more research thinking.
- There are also some opportunities for working abroad after successful completion of this course.
MBA Airline Management: FAQs
Ques. Which colleges in India offer MBA in Airline Management?
Ques. Can a commerce student do an MBA in Airline Management?
Ques. What is the salary of a business administrator after MBA in Airline management in India?
Ques. What type of subjects does MBA Airline Management involve?
Ques. What is the demand of students after completing MBA (Airline Management)?
Ques. What are Airline Management entrance exams composed of?
Ques. How to prepare for the entrance exam of MBA (Airline Management)?
Ques. In which sectors a person with an MBA in Airline Management can work?
Ques. Is it compulsory to have a management background to study MBA (Airline Management)?
Ques. What is the fee in MBA Airline Management?