What is MBA Tourism and Hotel Management?
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management is a 2-year PG course dealing with the business aspect of the Tourism and Management Industry. It involves the management activities such as studying tour destinations,managing the tour and providing accommodation.
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management develops different skills within a student to apply statistics for financial and insurance risk assessment.
Candidates with the graduation degree are eligible to apply for this course; however, they should have a minimum aggregate percentage of 50% to 55%.
Admission in MBA Tourism and Hotel Management is done on the basis of MBA Entrance Examinations like CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ NMAT etc. followed by a PI by the specialist to evaluate students.
The list of colleges which are ranked best among the list for MBA Tourism and Hotel Management is as follows:
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Singhania University, Jhunjhunu||Merit Based||INR 42,000||INR 6,50,000|
|Hindustan institute of Technology and Science||Entrance Exam||INR 2,53,000||INR 8,30,000|
|YBN University||Entrance Exam||INR 44,500||INR 6,70,000|
|Pacific University||Entrance Exam||INR 75,000||INR 3,90,000|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management||Entrance Exam||INR 1,25,000||INR 7,45,000|
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management average course fee ranges from INR 40,000 to INR 2,00,000 per annum. However graduates of this course can find jobs in banks, finance, and insurance sectors with an average package of INR 8-15 LPA.
What is the MBA Tourism and Hotel Management Admission Process?
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management is a postgraduate course in which admissions are granted only on the basis of entrance examination and no merit-based admissions are possible. For applying in MBA Tourism and Hotel Management course, one needs to pass any central level examination like CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ SAT/ NMAT, etc.
After passing the Entrance Exam, MBA tourism and Hotel Management aspirants need to pass the PI round conducted by each college and universities itself for getting admission in MBA Tourism and Hotel Management. Below are some steps which need to be followed for getting admission in MBA Tourism and Hotel Management:
- Examination registration: Visit the official portal of central level examination and fill in all the details including name, email address, password, and all the required details.
- Download Admit card: Once the admit card is released, download the admit card for examination from the website.
- Appear for the examination: On the entrance examination day, appear for the entrance examination center. After passing the cut off marks, apply for the preferred college or university.
- Register: Fill up the form by mentioning important details, entrance examination marks, and attaching the documents in the college/university registration form.
- Merit list: As per the candidate's entrance examination marks, a merit list is prepared by every college, and a cut off is decided for candidates.
- Counseling procedure: After getting qualified on the basis of entrance examination marks, the candidate needs to appear for a GD and PI round for the final selection.
Admissions are solely done on the basis of aggregate marks scored by the candidates in the entrance examination and counseling round (GD & PI).
|MBA Admission without Exam||MBA through GMAT||MBA vs PGDM|
|MBA Admission 2021||MBA Summer Internship||Integrated MBA|
What is the MBA Tourism and Hotel Management Eligibility Criteria?
Candidates passing the following eligibility criteria can register for admission in MBA Tourism and Hotel Management:
- Candidates should have a 10+2 examination certificate with aggregate marks of at least 50% from a recognized board.
- The graduation of the candidate should be in the subjects of Mathematics, Science, Physics, Engineering, Commerce, Computer Science etc.
- Candidates should have aggregate marks of 50% to 55% in the graduation degree.
|ALERT: MBA Admission Procedure 2021|
What are the MBA Tourism and Hotel Management Entrance Exams?
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management admissions are granted on the basis of the central level examinations like CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT among many others. The examination question paper is divided into various sections with reading passage section; aptitude based reasoning sections, and mathematical based questions.
Here is detailed information about the entrance examination for MBA Tourism and Hotel Management:
|Exam Name||Application Date||Exam Date||Result date|
|CAT||September 23, 2021||November 29, 2021||Second Week of January 2021 (Tentative)|
|XAT||September 12-November 30, 2021||January 3, 2021||Third week of January, 2021|
|MAT||March 6-June 7, 2021||PBT: October 3, 2021; IBT: September 23, 2021||October 10, 2021|
|GMAT||Throughout the Year||Throughout the Year||_|
How to Prepare for MBA Tourism and Hotel Management Entrance Exams?
All the entrance examinations which are being considered for admissions in MBA Tourism and Hotel Management are similar and follow an objective evaluation based upon the aptitude, reasoning, mathematics and language evaluation.
Here are certain tips which need to be taken care of while preparing for the entrance examination:
- Know your capabilities and judge yourself as per the examination pattern followed for MBA Tourism and Hotel Management.
- Make your mathematics and statistics stronger with in-depth knowledge and regular practice about the same.
- Practice passage-based questions, aptitude questions and reasoning based questions regularly for improving time management in the examination.
- Divide all the sections properly to complete the syllabus on time and study each topic thoroughly to score well.
- Build a strong command on the data interpretation and language section with regular practice on regular intervals.
- Solve mock test papers regularly and check your improvement to keep an update about the necessary topics which are required to be prepared.
How to get Admission in a Good MBA Tourism and Hotel Management College?
Below are some points which should be considered for getting admissions in a good MBA Tourism and Hotel Management college:
- Prepare well for the entrance examination to get a good score for reserving a seat in a reputed MBA Tourism and Hotel Management college.
- Practice for the group discussion (GD) and interview (PI) round with fluency on language and knowledge base.
- The college/university needs to be selected as per the preference. Know all the requisites of the desired college to get admission in that particular college/university.
- Keep your research thesis and work experience handy for scoring good marks in the collected entrance examination and counseling round of the college.
- Do track the important dates like registration date and counseling date and follow them positively from the official website.
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management: What is it About?
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management is quite popular nowadays and can be described in the following points
- MBA Tourism and Hotel Management explains the fundamental concepts of management theories and practices across different functional areas of Tourism and Hotel Management.
- Students study about different areas of specialisation in Tourism and Hospitality sectors.
- It develops conceptual skills related to all the related aspects of traveling and tourism in students.
- MBA Tourism and Hotel Management deals with the real-life case studies and market analysis using the knowledge that they have gained throughout the course.
- MBA Tourism and Hotel Management graduates can work in Hotels, Hospitality Industry, International or national food chains, catering industry and many others.
- Public speaking is one of the vital traits that students wanting to be in this profession need, and the course ensures to deliver this trait among the students throughout the MBA Tourism and Hotel Management course.
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management: Highlights
|Full-Form||Masters of Business Administration in Tourism and Hotel Management|
|Examination type||Semester Examination|
|Eligibility||Graduation in Mathematical Science, Computer Science, Commerce, Engineering from a recognized university with aggregate marks of 55% for general category.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination + Counseling|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 to INR 2,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 8,00,000 to INR 15,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Max Bupa Health Insurance, Bharati Shipyard Ltd., WNS, Towers Watson, Mercedes, etc.|
Why Study MBA Tourism and Hotel Management?
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management offers various perks and privileges for the students including a good package, interesting job profile, secured job, etc. Below are some points for students which make it worth choosing:
- Popular: MBA Tourism and Hotel Management is constantly growing worldwide, and is rated as one of the top jobs globally.
- High Initial Package: The person with a Tourism and Hotel Management degree earns great initial packages which are doubled within five years of work experience.
- Diversified Career Options: You can work for an insurance sector or as a risk assessor or for a finance firm all around the world.
- Interesting career option: With the practical applications of tourism and management tools in solving real-life problems and risk assessment, a career in Tourism and Hotel Management is an interesting one.
Course Comparison: MBA Tourism and Hotel Management Vs. MBA Data Analytics
Following table tells about the differences between two courses that are often confused with each other. Hence, the table differences between MBA Tourism and Hotel Management and MBA in Data Analytics
|Parameters||MBA Tourism and Hotel Management||MBA in Data Analytics|
|Qualification||Masters of Business Administration in Tourism and Hotel Management||Masters of Business Administration in Data Analytics|
|Course Overview||MBA Tourism and Hotel Management is a postgraduate course which deals with fundamental concepts of management theories and practices across different functional areas.||MBA in Data Analytics is a pg course that involves the data structure techniques to operate different sector services like banking, e-commerce, retail, finance etc.|
|Admission Process||Entrance examination + Personal Interview||Entrance examination + Personal Interview|
|Average Fee||INR 10,000 to INR 2,00,000||INR 4,00,000 – INR 6,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 8,00,000 to INR 15,00,000||INR 2,00,000 to 5,80,000|
Which are the Top MBA Tourism and Hotel Management Colleges?
Here are some of the top colleges which offer MBA Tourism and Hotel Management:
|College Name||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Singhania University, Jhunjhunu||INR 42,000||INR 6,50,000|
|Hindustan institute of Technology and Science||INR 2,53,000||INR 8,30,000|
|YBN University||INR 44,500||INR 6,70,000|
|Pacific University||INR 75,000||INR 3,90,000|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management||INR 1,25,000||INR 7,45,000|
|Srinivas University||INR 95,000||INR 5,25,000|
|UEI Global||INR 4,50,000||INR 6,20,000|
|Attitude Business School||INR 3,00,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Sun International Institute of Tourism and Management||INR 1,60,500||INR 5,25,000|
|Zeal Institute of Business Management||INR 1,06,000||INR 4,80,000|
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management:College Comparison
Following table compare the basic perspective in relation to different colleges offering MBA Tourism and Hotel Management
|Parameters||Singhania University||Pacific University|
|Overview||Singhania University was established in 2007 as one of the top private universities in Rajasthan. Graduates from this University are placed in top-recruiting companies such as Wipro and Infosys.||Pacific University was established in 2010 and is approved by AICTE. It is a Deemed University in Udaipur offering various courses in the field of Engineering, Management, Dentistry, Pharmacy, etc.|
|Average Fee||INR 42,000||INR 75,000|
|Average Salary Package||INR 8.3 LPA||INR 7.45 LPA|
What is the MBA Tourism and Hotel Management Syllabus?
Here are some subjects which are taught for MBA Tourism and Hotel Management
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of Management and Organizational Behaviour||Research Methods for Management|
|Managerial Economics||Corporate Communication|
|Accounting and Finance for Managers||Operations Management|
|Marketing Management||Hospitality Management|
|Human Resource Management||Tourism Planning and Marketing|
|Quantitative Techniques for Management||Service Marketing|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|International Hospitality Law||Legal Framework for Tourism and Hotel|
|International tourism management||Research Methodology|
|Tourism Business Environment||Customer Relationship and Service Management|
|Tourism Products||Hotel Facility Management|
|Business Environment & Ethics||IT for Tourism and Hotel|
What are the MBA Tourism and Hotel Management Important Books?
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Tourism: Sustained Development and Management||Veena Tiwari Nandi|
|The Economics of Tourism||M. Thea Sinclair|
|Hotels and Resorts: Planning, Design and Refurbishment||Fred R Lawson|
|Introduction to Hospitality Management||John R Walker|
What are the MBA Tourism and Hotel ManagementJob Profiles?
After pursuing MBA Tourism and Hotel Management, one has a lot of career options to choose from. MBA Tourism and Hotel Management opens the door for a person to work in many hospitality sectors.
Below are some job positions which are bagged by a person pursuing MBA Tourism and Hotel Management:
|Job||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Travel Agent||He or She is a person whose job it is to arrange travel for end clients on behalf of suppliers (hotels, airlines, car rentals, cruise lines, travel insurance, package tours).||INR 5.5 LPA|
|Hotel Tour Manager||He or She is responsible for organizing , planning and conducting long distance expeditions, travel, and tours for groups or individual clients.||INR 6.4 LPA|
|Tour Guide||He or She is a person who provides assistance, historical and contemporary heritage to people on organized sightseeing for the clients.||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Visa Executive||They handle all the visa-related issues for traveling to abroad countries for clients.||INR 7 LPA|
|Travel Consultant||They assist clients interested in taking vacations, business trips or any type of visits to a different destination||INR 5.8 LPA|
|Tour Manager||They are responsible for making sure that travel arrangements for client groups of holidaymakers run as smoothly and enjoyably as possible.||INR 7.2 LPA|
What is the MBA Tourism and Hotel ManagementFuture Scope?
Some of the future prospects available after completing the course of MBA Tourism and Hotel Management are:
- MBA Tourism and Hotel Management graduates can move abroad to guide people on contractual basis and work as a freelance tour guide.
- Students who want to pursue further studies can opt for PhD Hospitality. A PhD in the related course will brush up the knowledge of a student and will develop a more research thinking.
- After MBA Tourism and Hotel Management, students can also work as a lecturer or assistant professor in any academic institute or educational hubs offering such courses.
MBA Tourism and Hotel Management: FAQs
Ques. Can a commerce student do Tourism Administration?
Ques. What is the salary of a MBA Tourism and Hotel Management graduate in India?
Ques. What type of mathematics does MBA Tourism and Hotel Management involve?
Ques. What is the demand of MBA Tourism and Hotel Management graduates?
Ques. What are MBA Tourism Administration entrance exams composed of?
Ques. How to prepare for the entrance examination of MBA Tourism and Hotel Management?
Ques. In which sectors a person with MBA Tourism and Hotel Management can work?
Ques. Is it compulsory to have a commerce background in Intermediate or Graduation to study MBA Tourism and Hotel Management?
Ques. What is the average fee in MBA Tourism and Hotel Management?