Master of Law in Labor Law is a two-year postgraduate program that law hopefuls can seek after the finishing of the LL.B program.
The specialization in labor law empowers the possibility to learn sacred law, proficient morals just as work law and its application. The course is intended to show applicants common freedoms that assist them with understanding the instances of work law infringement.
The Candidate must have pursued a bachelor's degree in Law (L.L.B) or equivalent, preferably in labour law, from a recognized institute with a minimum of 60% marks.
Know more: LLM Admissions 2021
Some of the top colleges offering this course are Banaras Hindu University, Calcutta University, North Bengal University, Punjab University and National Law School. This Course's tuition fees range from INR 40,000 TO INR 15,00,000 for two years.
LLM Labour Laws covers the subtleties of all business related laws, standard law, institution framework and business basics that are a fundamental piece of hard working attitudes.
LL.M Labour Law graduates are hired by various corporate organisations in order to take care of legal matters and device work policies of the organisations that comply with the labour laws. Career options are also open in many national and international private as well as government organizations. The expected average salary for graduates of this course is 6 LACS- 18 LACS.
Know More: Law Courses in India
L.L.M Labour Laws: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form||Master of Laws [L.L.M] Labour Laws|
|Examination Type||Semester and Annual Exam Based.|
|Eligibility||Completion of LL.B., preferably in Labor Law with 60% aggregate.|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance-Based|
|Course Fees||INR 40,000 to INR 8,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3,50,000 to INR 18,00,000|
|Job Positions||Taxation, Legal Advisor, Contract Manager, Law Office Manager, Criminal Lawyer.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Trilegal, OYO, ICICI Bank, SBI, HDFC, PWC, Naukri, Essar Oil & Gas, Talwar Thakre and Associates, P&W Law Office and TATA Steel.|
L.L.M Labour Laws: Admission Process
Admission to the course is done in 2 stages:
- Institutional Test (involving objective and subjective- type questions (of weightage 70%)
- Personal Interview- involving assessment of fitness, work experience, publications and statement of purpose (of weight age 30%).
A few universities in India also conduct their own tests for admission to the course.
- Finally, based on the entrance exam score, candidates are invited to appear for further counseling and personal interviews.
- Candidates are offered admission based on the overall performance in entrance exams, personal interviews, and group discussions.
L.L.M Labour Laws: Eligibility Criteria
Listed here are the basic minimum criteria of eligibility needed to be fulfilled for admission to the course.
- Completion of 3 to 5- year long LL.B., preferably in Labor Law from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 60%.
- Applicants in the last year of the LL.B. examination are also eligible to apply.
L.L.M Labour Laws: Entrance Exams
Admissions to L.L.M Labour Laws are primarily based on entrance exams. Multiple national and college-level entrance exams are held every year. Below are a few important entrance exams for the course:
- LSAT- The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) has six all out areas that incorporate four scored various decision segments, an unscored trial segment, and an unscored composing segment. The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) directs the LSAT for planned graduate school competitors.
- CLAT 2022- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a unified public level passage test for admissions to 22 National Law Universities (NLU) in India. The test is taken after the 10+2 for admission to coordinated under-advanced education in Law (BA LL.B) and after Graduation in Law for Master of Laws (LL.M) programs offered by these graduate schools.
- AILET -AILET is conducted by the National Law University Delhi to admit students for its five-year B.A LL. B program.
Key Exam Dates:
|Exam||Last Date of application||Examination date||Mode of examination|
|AILET||Last week of May 2021||Last week of June 2021||Offline|
|CLAT||March 31, 2021||June 13, 2021||Offline|
|LSAT||December 2, 2020||March 25, 2021||Online|
Read More: Law courses Entrance Exams in India
L.L.M Labour Laws: What is it about?
Listed here are some of the principle objectives of the course.
- To train qualified competitors in the significance of an agreeable labor force in the country, and of harmony in work relations across all enterprises.
- To get ready gifted experts effective in formulating approaches to forestall and handle strikes and lockouts and so on.
- To outfit understudies with adequate information on work law both broadly and globally.
- To train understudies in the institutional and managerial construction identified with labour laws.
L.L.M Labour Laws: Why study this course?
Here are some reasons for why you should pursue this course further.
- Prepare for a good career- Numerous law graduates total their LLM abroad in order to become familiar with another overall set of laws. Information on worldwide law could help you acquire a serious edge over different competitors – and particularly so in the event that you decide to have practical experience in a developing field.
- Grow a legal network- Having a second degree on your CV would arm you with a second arrangement of law companions, teachers and past graduated class to contact when chasing for a task, come graduation.
- Aim for the big earning by diversifying- Holding a LLM from a top college could essentially lift your procuring potential just as your odds of getting that marvelous advancement or bid for employment from a top firm once you are more settled.
- Pimp your CV- In the event that, for individual reasons, you end up having huge holes on your CV that you believe you need to compensate for, completion of LLM from a top college may be one method of improving your CV and opening up additional opportunities for yourself.
L.L.M Labour Laws: Top Colleges with Fees
Listed below are some of the best institutes in India that offer this course.
|INSTITUTE NAME||AVERAGE COURSE FEES|
|BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY||50,000 – 1,00000|
|CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY||40,000 – 80,000|
|NORTH BENGAL UNIVERSITY||50,000 – 80,000|
|PUNJAB UNIVERSITY||60,000 – 100,000|
|NATIONAL LAW SCHOOL, BANGALORE||40,000 – 80,000|
|FACULTY OF LAW COLLEGE JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA UNIVERSITY||50,000 – 90,000|
|NATIONAL LAW INSTITUTE UNIVERSITY||40,000 – 80,000|
|GUJARAT NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY||50,000 – 90,000|
|NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY||50,000 – 85,000|
|RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF LAW||50,000 – 100,000|
|GOVERNMENT LAW COLLEGE||40,000 – 80,000|
Read More – Law Colleges in India
L.L.M Labour Laws: College Comparison
Below given is a comparison between top colleges offering L.L.M Labour Law courses in India.
|PARAMETER||BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY||NATIONAL LAW COLLEGE||FACULTY OF LAW COLLEGE JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA UNIVERSITY|
|RANK||NIRF Rank- 5||NIRF Rank- 2||NIRF Rank- 9|
|ADMISSION PROCESS||Admission to all the PG programmes is offered based on qualifying scores in Postgraduate Entrance Test (PET or BHU PET) exam.||Candidates should have the valid rank in the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) or Common Law Admission Test(CLAT).||Candidates should have the valid rank in the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) or Common Law Admission Test(CLAT) or Law School Admission Test(LSAT).|
|SALARY OFFERED||7LACS-12 LACS||8LACS-15 LACS||8LACS-15LACS|
|TOP RECRUITERS||Trilegal, OYO, ICICI Bank, SBI, HDFC, PWC, Naukri||P&W Law Office, PWC, TATA Steel||Essar Oil & Gas, Talwar Thakre and Associates|
L.L.M Labour Laws: Syllabus
LLM (Labour Laws) is a 2-year program. Below is a semester-wise syllabus for the program.
|Labour Law||Crime||Family Law|
|Law of Tort & Consumer Protection Act||Law of Evidence||Constitutional Law|
|Professional Ethics||Arbitration, Conciliation and Alternative||Environmental Law|
|Legal Writing||Company Law||Interpretation of Statutes|
|Civil Procedure Code (CPC)||Jurisprudence||Code of Criminal Procedure|
|Human Rights and International Law||Property Law including Transfer of Property Act||Administrative Law|
|Land Laws including Ceiling and Other Local Laws||Practical Training in Legal Aid||Law of Contract|
|Practical Training – Moot Court||Practical Training – Drafting||-|
L.L.M Labour Laws: Course Comparison
Below are key differences between L.L.M Labour Laws and Post graduate Diploma in law programs, which applicants should keep in mind.
|PARAMETERS||L.L.M Labour Laws||Post graduate Diploma in law|
|OVERVIEW||LLM in Labor Law is a two-year postgraduate program that law hopefuls can seek after the finishing of the LL.B program.||Post Graduate Diploma in Law is a one year course. A large portion of the organizations in India offer particular courses in PGD, for example, PG Diploma in Cyber Law, PG Diploma in Business Law, PG Diploma in Taxation Law and so forth yet PGD in Law is given distinctly in restricted schools.|
|DURATION||2 years||1 year|
|ANNUAL SALARY OFFERED||6LPA-15LPA||2LPA-7PA|
|JOB POSITIONS||Lawyer, Legal Analyst, Public Prosecutor||Contracts Manager, Law Notice manager, Consultation Expert|
|TOP RECRUITING COMPANIES||Trilegal, OYO, ICICI Bank, SBI, HDFC, PWC, Naukri||Essar Oil & Gas, Talwar Thakre and Associates|
L.L.M Labour Laws: Job Profiles
Legal consultants and advisers are in demand as they guide companies regarding what lies within the bounds of work ethics. They also help individuals who have been exploited at workplaces to fight for their rights. LL.M Labour Law graduates are hired by various corporate organisations in order to take care of legal matters and device work policies of the organisations that comply with the labour laws. Graduates in this field also practice law in courts and help individuals to fight for their rights.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Criminal Lawyer||Criminal Lawyers regularly go to courts, law libraries, restriction workplaces, focuses, working conditions and the homes of customers to guard their cases in court.||2,00,000 - 30,00,000|
|Legal Analyst||A Legal Analyst helps lawyers, business directors and government experts in researching, study and introducing data identifying with cases. They merge investigations of case law, open records, restorative information or monetary declarations. Paralegals are answerable for fiddling with court records, mentioning, particular agreements, investor the executives and so on||3,00,005 - 10,00,000|
|Judge||Judges review authentic briefs, conflicts and evidence presented by the obstruction and the arraignment (criminal law cases) of all kinds of cases. They offer assistance and to juries and direct them in their commitments and obligations.||15,00,00-40,00,00|
L.L.M Labour Laws: FAQs
Quest. What is the fee structure of Master of Laws(LL.M - Labour Law)?
Quest. What are the career prospects for Master of Laws(LL.M - Labour Law) ?
Quest. What are the subjects in Master of Laws(LL.M - Labour Law)?
Quest. What is the course duration of Master of Laws (LL.M - Labour Law)?
Quest. What is the expected average salary for Master of Laws(LL.M - Labour Law) ?
The expected average salary for Master of Laws(LL.M - Labour Law) is 6 LACS- 15 LACS.
Quest. Who are the top recruiters for Master of Laws(LL.M - Labour Law) ?