What is PGDIT?
PGDIT is a one-year post-graduate diploma course focusing on the management of technology that effectively prepares students for successful careers in the fast-paced and dynamic information technology marketplace.
PGDIT emphasizes utilizing information technologies for productivity and competitiveness, It prepares students to succeed in their IT management career. It offers the right blend of Technology and Management knowledge/Skills. PGDIT aims at providing in-depth knowledge in all verticals of management along with cutting edge tools of Information Technology.
PGDIT admission is based on a merit basis or entrance basis. The candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university. They can also appear for Entrance Exams like GATE, TANCET, etc.
Below given is a list of Colleges that offers PGDIT Courses in India.
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Fees||Average Salary Package|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||Entrance-Based||INR 48,200||INR 4,00,000|
|Xavier Institute of Social Sciences, Ranchi||Entrance-Based||INR 10,00,000||INR 4,50,000|
|MICA, Ahmedabad||Entrance-Based||INR 21,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
|ITS, Ghaziabad||Entrance Based||INR 3,50,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida||Entrance Based||INR 12,00,000||INR 7,00,000|
The average annual salary offered in India to PGDIT graduates ranges between INR 2,00,000 and 20,00,000, depending upon the candidate’s expertise in the field. They can work at reputed MNCs like Wipro, Tech Mahindra, SBI, colleges, and universities, etc.
See more: Top PGDIT Colleges in India
What is the PGDIT Admission Process?
PGDIT admission is mostly carried out through the entrance examination or merit basis depending upon the various colleges and institutes.
- PGDIT aspirants need to apply for the given entrance examination, or merit based admission.
- Candidates not appearing for GATE can sit for the common entrance test conducted by the individual institutes like TANCET which is held by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu and many other various institutes and colleges.
- After conducting the entrance exam, the university will declare results and release their cut-off list.
- The next step after clearing the exam, the shortlisted candidates will be called for document verification hence after admission is given toPGDIT course.
- Similarly, after the verification of the document and an interview session candidates will be given admissio
What is the PGDIT Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria are only a primary step towards getting admission to the PGDIT course. The minimum eligibility for PGDIT criteria is given below.
- Candidates should complete their bachelor’s degree from a university/college that is recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- PGDIT aspirants must have pursued their Bachelor's degree in any branch of engineering or MSc in, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications (with Mathematics as a subject at Bachelor's level)
- The minimum aggregate marks of 55-60% in the last qualifying exam.
|INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COLLEGES IN UTTAR PRADESH||INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COLLEGES IN Maharashtra||INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COLLEGES IN Tamil Nadu||INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COLLEGES IN Karnataka|
What are the Top PGDIT Entrance Exams?
For the PGDIT admission, there are two popular entrance examinations which are GATE and TANCET.
- GATE: It is an All India Level Exam conducted by most IITs and IIScs. It is conducted once every year. It is a combination of multiple-choice and numerical based questions.
- TANCET is in pen and paper mode as of now changes can be made due to the pandemic conducted by Anna University on behalf of the Tamil Nadu Government.
|Exam Name||Mode||Application Period||Exam Date|
|GATE||Online||September 30, 2020||February 5-7, 12-14, 2021|
|TANCET||Offline||April 2021||May 2021|
How to Prepare for PGDIT Entrance Exams?
Given below are some of the useful tips to prepare for these entrance exams :
- The PGDIT aspirant must be aware of the exam pattern and the syllabus of entrance exam.
- The syllabus of GATE can be the ideal syllabus to prepare for entrance exams.
- Make a scheduled timetable to study and practice mock test papers within 180 minutes.
- The last five-year question papers can be solved for better preparation for the exam.
How to Get Admission in Top PGDIT Colleges?
- Few points which will be helpful to secure admission in the Reputed PGDIT Colleges:
- Candidates should sort their preference college based on the topics taught in the Fee, Faculty, curriculum, Placement, so on.
- Regularly check the website of the following college/university for notifications.
- To clear the PI or GD round aspirants need to brush up on the basic concepts of Information Technology from their Bachelor's Degree.
- After clearing the interview, counselling takes place to get admitted to their desired college/institute.
PGDIT: What is it About?
PGDIT has been designed to train students with skills in IT and HR.
- The students are imparted advanced learning in theory and practice of storing, organizing, retrieving, and analyzing information in a variety of settings.
- PGDIT enables candidates to perform a multiplicity of information-related tasks in all the relevant areas of business, to deal with the structuring of unstructured problems and IT-based solutions to complex situations.
- Students are also taught the nature and role of management support systems, management decision-making, and decision support systems, and network techniques, and network engineering.
See more: PGDIT Cut-Offs
PGDIT: Course Highlights
This is the basic information candidates need to know before opting for PGDIT course
|Course Level||Diploma Postgraduate|
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology|
|Eligibility||A valid score in GATE/TANCET|
|Admission Process||Minimum 55% in Graduation BTech/BE/BSc|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 - 2,50,000|
|Average Salary||INR 6,00,000|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, HCL, Technosys, Bajaj, Accenture, Mahindra, L&T, etc.|
|Job Profile||Project Manager, Business Analyst, IT Manager, System Analyst, Technical Leaders, Software Consultant, etc.|
Why Study PGDIT?
PGDIT course is suitable to equip with an integrated set of skills that will allow to develop professional careers in Information Technology.
- It also helps to equip students with theoretical and practical knowledge, necessary to enable to understand the design of complex computer applications/ science.
- PGDIT is beneficial to prepare students to embrace future developments in the field and has a demonstrated professional relevance.
- PGDIT Curriculum helps students to acquire the latest skills and build their future capabilities using world-class technology.
- PGDIT course produces students to succeed in IT management positions, which are projected to be amongst the fastest growing through the next decade all around the world.
- For candidates who want to continue with their academics, there is also a provision for research in India or Abroad.
Course Comparison: PGDIT vs PGDM
Below given is a comparison between the Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Post Graduate Diploma in Information and Technology.
|Course||Post Graduate Diploma in Information and Technology.||Post Graduate Diploma in Management|
|Overview||It effectively prepares students for successful careers in the dynamic and fast-paced information technology marketplace.||It deals with the intricacies of different aspects of management and the business industry.|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Test||Entrance Test|
|Average Course Fee||INR 80,000||INR 1,50,000|
|Eligibility||BSc, BTech with a minimum of 55% marks.||Graduation degree with 55% marks.|
|Job Profile||Project Manager, IT Manager, System Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Leaders, Software Consultant, etc.||Administrative Officer, Business Consultant, Finance Manager, Human Resource Manager, Public Relations Officer, Marketing Executive, etc.|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 – 6,00,000||INR 3,00,000-8,00,000|
What are the Top PGDIT Colleges?
Some of the Top Colleges in India offering PGDIT are listed below:
|College Name||Average Fees||Average Salary Package|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||INR 48,200||INR 4,00,000|
|Xavier Institue of Social Sciences, Ranchi||INR 10,00,000||INR 4,50,000|
|MICA, Ahmedabad||INR 21,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
|ITS, Ghaziabad||INR 3,50,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida||INR 12,00,000||INR 7,00,000|
|Jaipuria Institute of Business, Ghaziabad||INR 3,75,000||INR 6,20,000|
|International school of Informatics and Management, Jaipur||INR 32,000||INR 5,80,000|
|LPU, Jalandhar||INR 2,32,000||INR 7,60,000|
|Jagran Institute of Management Studies, Jaipur||INR 5,95,000||INR 6,20,000|
|Jain University, Bangalore||INR 9,90,000||INR 4,80,000|
PGDIT: College Comparison
The three best colleges for PGDIT are compared based on fee structure, location, accreditation, entrance exam, and placement opportunities.
|PARAMETERS||Xavier Institute of Social Sciences||International school of Informatics and Management|
|Overview||Xavier Institute of Social Science was established in 1955, is managed and it offers PGDM courses in five specializations viz. HRM, FM, Operation Management, Rural Management, Information Technology, Marketing.||International School of Informatics and Management was established in 1995 is among the top three management and IT institutes of Rajasthan offering MBA and MCA courses and admissions are based on merit.|
|Eligibility||Minimum 55% aggregate in the BTech or BSc degree in Food Technology/Food Science.||Minimum 55% -60% in Bachelor's degree in Food Technology.|
|Admission process||Entrance Test||Personal Interview and GATE Score|
|Average Fee||INR 10,00,000||INR 32,000|
|Average Salary in INR||INR 15,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Amul, Dabur India, Godrej Industrial, Hindustan Unilever, etc.||ITC Ltd, Agro Tech Foods, Nestle India, Cadbury India, etc.|
What is the PGDIT Syllabus?
Below is a syllabus of PGDIT course.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Business Requirement Analysis|
|Business Communication||Project Management (IT)|
|Information Technology Concepts||Business Applications and ERP|
|Database Management Systems||Software Engineering with UML|
|Algorithms and Programming Concepts||Current Trends in IT|
|Software Quality Management||Business Process Modelling|
|Data Warehousing and Data Mining||Cloud Computing|
|Information Security Management||-|
What are the PGDIT Job Profiles?
The Information Technology sector is rich in employment globally. It provides various jobs in both the government and private sectors. Some of the job profile for PGDIT graduates are given below:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Information Security Officer||Information Systems Security Officers (ISSO) research,implement, test and review an organization's information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access.||INR 9,40,000|
|Information Security Analyst||Information Security Analysts ensure that the information stored on networks or computers is not disclosed to unwanted parties or modified inadvertently, and they may also create and maintain security systems.||INR 4,91,000|
|Security Specialist||Network Security Specialists monitor computer networks for unauthorized users or security threats. They may also identify compromised machines and report on security measures taken to address threats.||INR 6,00,000|
|Support Manager||Support Managers supervise the management and security within an institution of technological resources and records. They guarantee sufficient IT personnel qualifications and expertise.||INR 8,33,000|
|Information Technology Analyst||IT Analysts, also called a Systems Analysts, develop and execute information systems that maximise operational performance. They start as administrators, provide IT study with a broad purpose, collecting marketing research data.||INR 6,04,000|
What is the PGDIT Future Scope?
Information Technology graduates are huge in demand; it requires professionals with practical knowledge. Below given are few future scopes of PGDIT graduates:
- PGDIT graduates can grab a job in the area of Technology and Information. They can work at reputed desgatons in MNCs and earn a handsome amount of money.
- They can also opt for MPhil or MBA courses in the field of Technology and related fields.
- They can also move abroad for further studies and work at global level companies.
- Students can also appear for NTA-UGC NET-JRF that will grant them eligibility for employment as Assistant Professor in colleges/universities, and also open up research avenues in top universities and colleges.
Ques. What is the duration of the PGDIT program?
Ques. What is the full form of PGDIT?
Ques. What are the best jobs for PGDIT graduates?
Ques. Is it compulsory to appear for an entrance exam to get admission in a college offering PGDIT course?
Ques. What is the average tuition of PGDIT?
Ques. What is the admission process for PGDIT?
Ques. What is the average salary package after completion of the PGDIT graduates ?