Table of Contents
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Exam Dates(Revised), Application Form(Extended), Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Dates have been announced.The exam will be conducted on July 15 to 16, 2020 in multiple sessions as required. Application Forms are further extended till June 08, 2020, due to COVID-19 crisis. The Application forms are out on the official website since March 20, 2020. Candidates who are willing to register can go through the MAH B.Ed CET 2020 eligibility criteria and fill the application form online.
As per MAH B.Ed CET 2020 eligibility, final year students or graduates with 50% marks are eligible to apply for the exam. The application fees is INR 600 for reserved categories candidates from Maharashtra state and INR 800 for General and other states candidates. As per MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Exam Pattern, it will be a one-hour long online test having 100 MCQs of 1 mark each and the paper will be set in English and Marathi languages.
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Highlights
The key points about MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Exam are highlighted below:
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Bachelor’s of Education Common Entrance Test (MAH B.Ed CET)|
|Conducting Body||State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET CELL) Government of Maharashtra|
|Exam Type||Entrance Test|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
MAH B.Ed CET 2020: Exam Dates
Candidates can check MAH B.Ed 2020 Exam Dates from the table below:-
|MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Registration to begin on||March 20, 2020|
|Last day to fill MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Application Form||June 08, 2020 (Extended)|
|Issue of MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Admit Card||To be announced|
|MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Exam Dates||July 15 and 16, 2020(4 sessions)|
|Release of MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Result||To be announced|
|MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Counselling Dates||To be announced|
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Application Form
The application process for MAH B.Ed CET 2020 has commenced from March 20, 2020. Candidates are advised to read the information written in the brochure completely before proceeding to the application form. The procedure to fill MAH B.Ed. CET 2020 Application Form is as follows:
- Visit the official website of MAH B.Ed CET 2020.
- Click on “New Registration” and read all instructions.
- Fill all the required credentials.
- Create your password and security question.
- Click on the submit button and confirm the details.
- Upload the scanned copy of passport size photo, signature
- The candidate has to select the “Centre of Examination” for MAH B.Ed CET Entrance Exam.
- After the completion of the MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Online Application form, candidates will have to submit the fees online.
- Save a copy of MAH B.Ed CET 2020 filled-in Application form and fee receipt.
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Application Fee
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Application fee is given in the table below:
|For all the candidates from Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State and J&K Migrant candidates||INR 800|
|For the Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State of Backward class Categories (SC, ST, VJDT, NT (A), NT-1 (B), NT-2(C), NT-3(D), OBC and SBC categories with valid certificate, as applicable)||INR 600|
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Eligibility
Before applying for MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Exam, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by conducting authority. It is compulsory for all the candidates to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the exam. After clearing the eligibility criteria applicant can apply for the application form. Here are the Eligibility Criteria of MAH B.Ed CET 2020 which is given as follows.
Maharashtra State Candidates
- Candidates should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Master’s Degree with subjects Sciences/ Mathematics/ Social Sciences (History/ Geography/ Economics/ Political Sciences/ Psychology/ Philosophy/ Education/ Library Science)/ Humanity Sciences (including all Languages and Literatures like – English, Marathi, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit, Pali-Prakrit, etc. studied as Optional/ Special Subject at Graduation)/ Commerce.
- Candidate must have passed Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree with the minimum of 50% marks for Open Category (Minimum 45% marks in case of Backward Class categories from State of Maharashtra belonging to SC, ST, VJ-DT NT-(A), NT1-(B), 5 NT-2-(C), NT-3-(D), OBC, and SBC ( 44.50% and above to be considered as 45%) either in Bachelor’s Degree and or in the Master’s Degree.
- The candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree with subjects in Engineering or Technology/(Science and Mathematics as a Special subjects)/Bachelor’s Degree and or Master’s Degree with the subjects Management/Engineering/Computers/Law/Information-Technology/Agriculture/BBI/Medical Sciences/All Social Sciences/Fine Art/Performing Art (Music/Dance / Drama etc.)
- The candidate must have secured minimum of 55% marks(54.50% and above to be considered as 55%) either in Bachelor’s Degree and or in the Master’s Degree (Minimum 50% marks in case of Backward Class Category candidates belonging to State of Maharashtra belonging to SC, ST, VJ-DT NT-(A), NT1-(B), NT-2-(C), NT-3-(D), OBC, and SBC. (49.50% and above to be considered as 50%).
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Master’s Degree recognized as an equivalent degree by the Government of Maharashtra, in subjects mentioned above.
- The candidate should have any Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree awarded to him/ her by any Open University incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature.
- The candidate appearing for the Final Year Examination of any Bachelor’s Degree are also eligible.
Other State Candidates
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- All the candidates including backward class candidates having Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree from Out of Maharashtra University will be considered as Open Category Candidates.
- The candidate should have any Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Master’s Degree.
- Candidate must have passed with the minimum 55% of marks for all categories.
- The candidate appearing for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s Degree.
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates can download MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Admit Card from the official website – cetcell.mahacet.org.
- The candidates will be informed about the availability of their admit cards via email and SMS at their respective email addresses and mobile number.
- Candidates have to carry MAH B.Ed CET 2020 hall ticket along with an original photo ID proof to the exam center.
Steps to Download MAH B.Ed CET Admit Card
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred to as MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Admit card (Hall Ticket or Admission Ticket).
- Enter your login details, Application Number and your password.
- Login and download the Admit Card for examination.
- Print the Admit Card on A4 sheet.
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Exam Pattern
- MAH B.Ed CET 2020 will be an online test.
- The examination paper will be divided into three sections which will cover Mental Ability, General Knowledge and Teacher Aptitude.
- The question paper will consist of 100 questions of the objective type and the total time duration is 60 minutes.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There will be no negative marking.
Below is the highlights table for MAH B.Ed CET Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium||English and Marathi|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Sections in Paper||Mental Ability - 40 Qs, General Knowledge - 30 Qs, Teacher Aptitude - 30 Qs|
The Candidates who wish to seek admission into English Medium Colleges of Education will have to appear for a separate test along with B.Ed. CET, which is the English Language Content Test (ELCT). ELCT will consist of 50 MCQs of 50 Marks, and the time duration for ELCT will be 60 minutes. Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer. There will be no negative marking.
B.Ed ELCT Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||50|
|Sections in Paper|
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Syllabus
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 syllabus would be based on the syllabus of graduation level prescribed by the board. Candidate must practice all topics to get a grip on all the topics. The syllabus for MAH B.Ed CET 2020 exam is:
|Mental Ability||The section aims to judge candidates’ reasoning power. It also helps to judge how accurate a candidate can think. This section will contain questions based on Series, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Relationship, Analogies, Classification, Problems on Dice, etc., either in Verbal or Non-Verbal form.|
|General Knowledge||This section test how well a candidate is acquainted with the happenings in the surroundings at Local, National, International Level including Past Events, Current Affairs including, Science and Technology, History, Geography, Civics, Political Science and Literature in General.|
|Teacher Aptitude||This section aims to know the candidates’ capacity to become a teacher. It will contain questions related to an eagerness to update his/her knowledge, leadership qualities awareness about changes in Education and Society, communication and Professional commitment, etc.|
|English||This section test Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Formation, Phonetics, Verbal idioms and Proverbs and Figures of Speech|
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Result
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Results will be announced on the official portal – cetcell.mahacet.org. Exam takers can check MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Results by logging in with their application number and password. The result will be announced by the Commissioner for the Entrance Test (CET). Candidates who will qualify the entrance test will be selected for the next round of the admission.
How to Check MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Results?
- Visit the official website of MAH B.Ed CET 2020
- Click on the link “B.Ed CET-Result 2020"
- Enter the registration number/Roll Number.
- Click on the "Submit" button
- Result will be displayed on the new screen
- Download and save your result for further admission process
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Cutoff
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Cutoff is the minimum score required to secure admission in the various colleges offering B. Ed courses in Maharastra. MAH B.Ed CET 2020 cutoff will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- the number of seats available,
- Previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 cutoff will be published along with the result. Only those students who will score more than the cutoff marks will be considered as the qualified candidates. MAH B.Ed CET 2020 cutoff will be released by the official authority of the exam i.e. CET CELL, Maharastra for the students served as the basic selection criteria for the students.
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Counselling
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Counselling will begin after the declaration of the results and preparation of the Merit list by the CET CELL, Maharastra - the conducting body of the entrance examination. MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Counselling is expected to be conducted in four stages.
In MAH B.Ed CET 2020 counselling round, the Commissioner for the Entrance Test (CET) will allocate the seat and college to the qualified candidates based on the merit list. Only the applicant who will clear the MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Entrance Examination will be eligible for the counselling process. For the Counselling, the applicant will have to register them from the official website and also have to report at the allocated college before the given time.
The Common Allotment Process will be done through a Single Window System (SWS) to allot seats to the qualified candidates into the various colleges under Govt. Control based on the options submitted online by them. The allotments will be strictly based on the candidates’ options, the rank obtained and eligible reservations of the candidate.
List of Documents required at the time of Admission:
- MAH B.Ed CET 2020 Admit Card
- Certificate of Class X or any other relevant school records as proof of the date of birth.
- Degree, Certificates and Mark list of all parts of the qualifying exams in ORIGINAL.
- Original Certificates, the copies of which are enclosed with the application form.
- Transfer certificate and conduct/character certificate from the institution where the candidate studied last.
- Two passport size photographs of the candidate.
- Candidates who passed the qualifying examination from Universities/Boards outside the Maharastra State shall produce an “Eligibility Certificate / Equivalency Certificate” from any of the Universities in Maharastra.
- The candidate belonging to SC, ST, VJ-DT NT-(A), NT1-(B), NT-2(C), NT-3(D), OBC, and SBC categories should produce “Caste Certificate” issued by the Competent Authority, as per requirement
- The candidates belonging to ST Category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by the Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Development Department.
- The candidates belonging to VJDT NT(A), NT1(B), NT-2(C), NT-3(D), OBC, and SBC should submit Valid Non-Creamy Layer Certificate as applicable.
MAH B.Ed CET 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the application fee for MAH B.Ed CET?
Ans. Application fee for General Category candidates and candidates outside Maharashtra is INR 800. Whereas application fee for reserved category candidates of Maharashtra is INR 600.
Ques. I am in the final year of Bsc(H) Maths. Am I eligible for MAH B.Ed CET?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible. Candidates who are yet in the final year of qualifying degree can also apply for exam.
Ques. What is the pattern of exam?
Ans. As per the last few years scenario, there are 100 MCQs which are to be attempted in 90 mins duration in B.Ed CET.Whereas there will be 50 MCQs in B.Ed ELCT which are to be attempted in 60 mins.
Ques. What is the marking scheme?
Ans. As per the marking scheme, one mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there is no negative marking.
Ques. What are the factors on which MAH B.Ed CET cutoff depends?
Ans. The cutoff depends on factors like : no. of applicants appearing, no. of seats available, last few years cutoff and also on the difficulty level of the exam.
Ques. If I have to take admission in English medium colleges, is MAH B.Ed CET form sufficient for that?
Ans. In case you want to take admission in English medium colleges, you have to appear for B.Ed ELCT along with MAH B.Ed CET 2020.
Ques. What are the important books to prepare for MAH B.Ed CET?
Ans. Some of the best-suggested books for preparation are : Maharashtra B.Ed CET by Arihant and Maharashtra CET B.Ed Exam Paperback by Dr Lal & Jain.
Ques. Will the authorities send the scorecard through post?
Ans. No, there is no such facility of providing result through post. Candidates have to visit the official website, the result will be declared and notified there.
Ques. Is it important to bring soft copy of admit card? or I can bring the digital copy also?
Ans. The digital copy of admit card will not be entertained at the examination hall. The soft copy has to be carried and kept safe throughout the admission process.
Ques. The details mentioned in the admit card are not correct. How can I get them corrected?
Ans. In case the details mentioned on the admit card is incorrect, candidates can contact the authorities at the helpline no. 022 – 22016153 / 57/ 59
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College