NEET PG 2020 Eligibility; Qualification, Age, Institute-wise Criteria
NEET PG Eligibility: The standards of eligibility for the examination is defined by MCI (Medical Council of India). As per the basic requirement, medical aspirants must have completed the MBBS degree from a government recognized college and have a minimum of 1 year of the internship experience.
NBE has scheduled the medical examination for January 5, 2020 in online mode. This year, the eligibility criteria are the same for all the candidates but NEET PG reservation is different for each State/ Union Territory. Read on to know more!
Check NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fail to clear the defined criteria will not be getting the admission to the post-graduate course. If at any stage, it is found that a candidate has provided wrong information, admission of such candidate will be cancelled. NEET PG 2020 eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates who possess MBBS degree or a certificate which declares the candidate has the provisional MBBS degree can apply for the NEET PG. The certificate or the MBBS degree must be recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Along with the degree or certificate, the candidate must possess 1 year of experience certificate. The candidate can apply for the NEET PG 2020 exam by March 31, 2020.
- NEET PG eligibility criteria define that the candidates who have cleared the MBBS degree from the state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir will not be getting seats under the All India Quota. The candidates who have been allotted government medical colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir are eligible for the All India 50% Quota.
- The candidates must provide the duly signed affidavit stating that the candidate got the college through the centralized counselling, along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of NEET PG Application Form. The submission has to be done by the candidates who have done the MBBS degree from the state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir.
- The declaration must reach the office by November 31, 2019. The submission of the declaration has to be done at the office of the Deputy Director (Examination):
Deputy Director (Examinations) National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029
- The candidates must be sure themselves about NEET eligibilityand if found at any stage later that the candidate is ineligible, such candidate’s candidature is cancelled. The candidates who have cleared the exam and have been allocated seat through NEET PG 2020 Counseling can also be asked to leave the seat under the rule.
- There are no exceptions to the eligibility guidelines and thus the candidates are requested to apply for only if they have valid degrees and have completed the internship by March 31, 2020. All the NEET PG 2020 application form that has been submitted will be cancelled if the degree or internship certificate is invalid.
- Merely completing NEET PG registration process does not confer any applicant for the seat for the PG program. The candidates have to clear the exam and appear for NEET PG 2020 Counselling wherein a seat will be allocated.
- The internship certificate must be submitted under NEET PG eligibility rule must define clearly the starting date and the last date of the Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship program. The certificate of the internship must be submitted in original.
- The colleges that received recognition after the MCI Cutoff date are considered invalid.
- The registration of the applicant is necessary with the M.C.I/ State Medical council. The documentary proof of the same must be furnished by the candidate on the day of.
- As per eligibility rule defined by some Universities/ Institutes, candidates who are pursuing the PG degree from their college or any other college or university cannot apply for the PG program again in their college. The candidate can thus be refused for NEET PG admission. The NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible for admission cancellation for such students.
- The candidates can go through the registration process only once.
NEET PGReservation Criteria
NEET PG 2020 reservation defines the limits on the allocation of seats to the reserved and non-reserved category candidates. Candidates of reserved category and non-reserved category must go through the NEET PG 2020 reservation criteria to get a clear understanding of the seat distribution among the two. Reservation criteria for NEET PG 2020 are defined below:
For States/Union Territories - 50% Quota Seats and Private Medical Colleges/ Institutes/Universities/Deemed Universities
- The NEET PG 2020 reservation criteria defined for each State/ Union Territory is different. The reservation quota is different in each state.
- The NEET PG 2020 merit list is different for each state. The private University/ Institution can prepare their own merit list based on the regulation applicable. The state quota will remain undisturbed.
- The NBE (National Board of Examination) will give the details of the candidate who have qualified NEET PG. The reservation criteria give the private Universities/ Institutes of different States/ Union territories the freedom to create their own NEET PG 2020 merit list on the basis of the NEET PG 2020 Result. The Regulation and/or their qualifying criteria, applicable guidelines and reservation policies of the State/ Universities are different.
For Armed Forces, Medical Service Institutions
- The candidates who wish for a seat in MD/MS/PG Diploma seats (AFMS) shall tick the option (Institutions of Armed Medical Services) at the time of filling the application form. The candidates have to go through the separate NEET PG Registration Process for AFMC. The AFMC online registration website is afmcdg1.gov.in.
- There is no reservation granted to SC/ST/OBC/PH category candidates in Armed Forces Institutions conducting Post Graduate Courses.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College