IIM Ahmedabad is India’s best business school and has been featured twice at first slot in the NIRF- rated Top Management Colleges in India in last three years. IIM Ahmedabad’s most popular program is PGP (equivalent to MBA), followed by the one year MBA program a.k.a MBA PGPX. The admission for PGP program is done via CAT and for MBA PGPX via GMAT and also considers work experience, scores in 10th, 12th and Graduation. Know more about Courses and Eligibility
IIM Ahmedabad has recently launched a multidisciplinary center for transportation and logistics research. The centre of transportation and logistics has been launched with the aim of gaining research contributions in logistics, transportation and the relative fields. It is expected to contribute to scholarship and policymaking in India as well as abroad.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2021 Updates – IIMs have released a shortlist cut-off for CAT 2021 selecting around 1275 students for Analytical Writing Test (AWT) & Personal Interview (PI) with over 70% engineers. CAT 2021 cut off is 80.75 percentile with sectional cut off around 70. The AWT & PI held from February 15 to March 13, 2021. IIM Ahmedabad has notified that this year AWT & PI will be done online at 16 centers in different cities considering Covid 19 restrictions.
Know More About IIM Ahmedabad MBA Admissions 2021
Quick Link: How to Prepare for AWT & PI for IIM Ahmedabad
IIM Ahmedabad Quick Facts:
- IIM Ahmedabad is popularly known for its oldest, flagship PGP (MBA) programme. It is ranked #20 by Financial Times for Masters in Management globally. Check IIM Ahmedabad 2020 Ranking.
- MBA degree instead of a PG Diploma is conferred after the IIM Act of 2007 was implemented. And, this degree is recognised internationally.
- IIM Ahmedabad fee for MBA in total is INR 23 Lakh and financial aids ranging INR 3 LPA to INR 4 LPA are offered to students. Check IIM Ahmedabad Scholarships
- The faculty of IIM Ahmedabad have an average work experience of 10-20 years in MNCs and in study-research. Check Out IIM Ahmedabad Faculty Details
- For the placement season 2020, average package offered to the student was 25 LPA and maximum 21 offers made by Finance firms, followed by Sales & Marketing firms. Check IIM Ahmedabad Placement Report 2020
- 388 students accepted offers from 153 recruiters.
- Highest CTC: INR 58.88 (domestic) / INR 1.32 Cr (international)
- Average CTC: INR 26.13 (gone up from INR 25.83 LPA in 2020)
IIM Ahmedabad One Year MBA
Executive MBA (PGPx) program at IIM Ahmedabad is for experienced professionals having average of 4-6 years of experience. The selection in the program is with GMAT score followed by Interview. Fees for the program is 28 LPA and average placement is 40-45 LPA. In 2020, PGPx placements recorded the highest CTC of INR 81 LPA. The course structure, duration and outcomes of PGPx programme are very different from the weekend programme offered at IIM Ahmedabad. Hence, both cannot be compared together.
IIM Ahmedabad is a premier academic institute for Management studies at PG level. It is the first and the only one in the country to be EQUIS accredited by EFMD. IIM Ahmedabad’s course design is purely based on case studies including classroom lectures plus seminars. Apart from its flagship PGP (MBA) programme it also offers a Ph.d. in Management, ePGD in Advanced Business Analytics, and other fellowship programs.
IIM Ahmedabad Courses, Fees & Selection Criteria
Following are the courses offered by the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad under various specializations and levels:
Post Graduate Program in Management (MBA)
Duration: 2 years
|CAT scores + AWT + PI|
Post Graduate Program in Food & Agri-Business Management (MBA-FABM)
Duration: 2 years
Executive Post Graduate Program (MBA-PGPx)
Duration: 1 year
|GMAT score + PGPMX Aptitude Test + 5-year working experience|
Ph.D in Management
Duration: 3-5 years (Full time)
|CAT / GRE / GMAT or JRF in some fields|
ePost Graduate Program (ePGP)
Duration: 2 years
|CAT / GRE / GMAT Score + PI|
Faculty Development Program (FDP)
Fees: INR 30,680
|ePGD in Advanced Business Analytics (ePGD-ABA)||
Duration: 16 months
|CAT / GRE / GMAT / GATE + PI|
Click here IIM Ahmedabad Courses & Fees
IIM Ahmedabad Batch 2020 – Class Profile
IIM Ahmedabad made new records in terms of Academic Background in the present batch of 2020-22. The number of Arts graduates increased to 5% than the previous year figures. Whereas lesser number of Science and Commerce graduates could grab the seat for the MBA program in IIM Ahmedabad. Out of the total seats, 18% and 1% of students belonged to Commerce and Science background. Keeping up with the trend, Engineering graduates hit 76% of the total occupancy in the program.
Check the table below for further information
|Educational Background||Percentage of students enrolled|
for MBA-FABM program, the percentage of students from different Educational Background is illustrated in the table below:
|Academic Background||Percentage of students enrolled|
IIM Ahmedabad Placement
IIM Ahmedabad Placement 2020 for many reasons was important due to Covid induced economic crisis, go through the important highlights of the season this year. For Details Check IIM Ahmedabad Placement Report
- From the batch of 388 students, 369 accepted offers from domestic firms and 19 received International offers all from South and Middle East Asia.
- The maximum offer made this year was of 55.88 LPA INR for the consulting role.
- The Median Salary was 25 LPA with guaranteed cash component of 22.5 LPA.
- Consulting firms led the rally by making 129 offers with an average 23 LPA CTC followed by BFSI sector firms hiring 61 students at 20 LPA average.
IIM Ahmedabad Scholarships
The institute endeavors to help deserving candidates in pursuing management studies. The following are scholarship schemes are offered at IIMA:
- IIMA Special Need-Based Scholarship: Offered to those students whose family income is below INR 15 Lakhs in the previous financial year. IIMA only approves for scholarship to student once background checks and other related conditions are satisfied.
- SC/ST Scholarships: Students belonging to these categories are awarded INR 150 for 10 months straight, provided they are enrolled in a PG degree at IIMA.
- IIMA Exit Scholarships: A monthly stipend of INR 30,000 is awarded to those students who graduate to become entrepreneurs. While those who join Non-Profit- Organisations are awarded INR 3-4 Lakhs per student per year, for three consecutive years.
Industry Scholarships (need-based):
- Aditya Birla Group Scholarships: 03 meritorious students from PGP I and II years are awarded INR 1.75 Lakhs per annum per student. The selection is purely upon the discretion of member evaluating from Aditya Birla Group.
- OP Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarship: Either one or even two students from PGP second year are selected for this scholarship. The award is of INR 1.5 Lakhs per student for that year. Selection is upon dicretion of the members evaluating.
Other Scholarships facilitated by the IIM Ahmedabad include scholarships awarded by various State governments to students from their states.
Check: IIM Ahmedabad Scholarships
IIM Ahmedabad Faculty
IIM Ahmedabad is center of academic excellence and has hosted top faculties from India for its students. Since inception in 1961 by the renowned scientist Vikram Sarabhai, three RBI Governors have taught here. IIM Ahmedabad has a long practice of inviting guest faculty who are leaders in their respective industry few to be noted from existing pool are Vijay Govindarajan, author of bestselling book “Thinkers50”, Jayanth Verma Member of Monetary Policy of India, Anil Kumar Gupta, a Padma Shree awarded management educationist.
The Faculty: Student ratio of IIM Ahmedabad is 1:5, slightly higher than IIM Bangalore’s ratio of 1:4. As per few media reports IIMs are struggling from shrinking teaching talent pool and the IIMs keep rotating same talent at the senior level and the lower level largely consists of Indians who have earned their Ph.D from the campuses in the US and Europe.
Reviews of IIM Ahmedabad at Collegedunia are very positive and scores 8.9/10 for Faculty rating.
IIM Ahmedabad Alumni & Popular Startups
More than 30,000 candiates has graduated IIM Ahmedabad till date from its establishment in 1962. Some of the Notable Alumni of IIM Ahmedabad are as follows:
- C.K Prahalad: A Padma Shri Awardee, former professor at University of Michigan Ross School of Business and Author of The fortune at the Bottom of Pyramid.
- Srikant Datar – Dean at Haward Business School.
- Raghuram Rajan – Former Governor of Reserve Bank of India, Former Chief Economic Advisor to Government of India.
- Arvind Subramanian – 16th Chief Economic Advisor to Governemnt of India
- Sushil Vachani – Former Director of IIM Bangalore
- Shekhar Chaudhuri – Former Director, IIM Calcutta
- Chetan Bhagat – Author, Columnist and Speaker
- Deep Kalra – Founder of Makemytrip.
Most popular startups of IIM Ahmedabad Alumni are
- MakeMy Trip
- Go Mechanic
IIM Ahmedabad FAQs
Ques. What scholarships are available at IIM Ahmedabad?
Ques. What is the required CAT score for MBA at IIM Ahmedabad?
Ques. What is the eligibility for IIM Ahmedabad PGPX?
Ques. How good is IIM Ahmedabad?
Ques. Is CAT score compulsory for IIM Ahmedabad EPGP?
Ques. What is the program fee of MBA at IIM Ahmedabad?
Ans. The total program fee at IIM Ahmedabad is INR 23,00,000 inclusive of tuition fee of INR 16,99,000. These fees also include Laptop computers, personal expenses onboarding, travel, clothes, and laundry. Check IIMA MBA Course Fee
Ques. What is the highest package at IIM Ahmedabad for placements?
Ans. IIM Ahmedabad has an impressive placement history with top MNCs like BCG, PwC, McKinsey as chief recruiters, the highest international package was INR 1.32 Crores in 2020. The average payoff stays between INR 25-26 LPA every year. For more details check IIM Ahmedabad Placements.
Ques. What are the courses offered by IIM Ahmedabad?
Ans. IIM Ahmedabad offers PGP in Management (now MBA), MBA in Food and Agri-Business Management (MBA-FABM), Armed Forces Program, Faculty Development Program and Executive PGP in Management. Check IIMA Courses.
Ques. Are FDPs of IIM A approved by UGC?
Ans. No, as of now, any authoritative body including UGC has not approved IIM-A’s FDP in pedagogy and research methods.