What is BTech Automobile Engineering?
BTech in Automobile Engineering is a four year undergraduate program that offers insight and expertise on developing new concepts and procedures, manufacturing processes and design in the field of automobiles to formulate new models of products and refurbishing the existing ones with new age technology.
The field provides excellent career growth and stability for its aspirants.
Admission process includes an intermediate degree in Physics Chemistry and Mathematics,with qualified necessary BTech Entrance examinations such as JEE main/Advanced, IIT JAM to secure admissions in colleges offering this course.
|Name of the College||Admission Process||Average Fees||Average Salary|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||Entrance Test||INR 2- 4 LPA||INR 2-6 LPA|
|SRM Engineering College Kanchipuram||Entrance Test||INR 2.6 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal||Entrance Test||INR 3.35 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
|The Neotia University Kolkata||Entrance Test||INR 1.4 LPA||INR 2-5 LPA|
|Amity University Noida||Entrance Test||INR 3.11 LPA||INR 2-5 LPA|
After BTech Automobile Engineering the candidate can secure jobs as Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Development Engineer, R&D Executive, Automobile Dealer, etc. The average salary earned is approx INR 2-10 LPA.
See More: All About BTech
There are many options after BTech like MTech or MBA Course. Students who prefer to further their studies related to engineering may continue with MTech. MBA is a prudent option for BTech students who want to enter the job market with high salaries.
What is the BTech Automobile Engineering Admission Process?
BTech in Automobile Engineering offers exceptional career opportunities and exposure in the field, the admission process for this course program requires an intermediate degree with Subjects such as physics chemistry and mathematics. Admissions are done through various entrance exams. The students are also required to have qualified certain CET Examinations such as JEE MAIN and JEE Advanced,MET to secure successful admission in colleges offering this course.
What is the BTech Automobile Engineering Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for this course program is given below:
- Candidates are required to have an intermediate degree (10+2) in Physics Chemistry and mathematics.
- Candidates are also required to have a minimum score of 50-70% in their prior examinations.
- Candidates are also expected to have qualified entrance tests conducted for BTech admission such as JEE main, JEE Advanced and MET to secure admission in the course.
See more: BTech Automobile Engineering Cutoff
Which are the Top BTech Automobile Engineering Entrance Exams?
JEE Main: JEE Main is an exam conducted on a national level to provide admission to students and aspirants who wish to study technical courses such as BTech. The aspirants are required to study logical and analytical reasoning, comprehension and subject numerical to qualify this test and secure a good rank to attain admission in the college of their choice and preference.
JEE Advanced: Jee Advanced is also an exam conducted on national level to provide admission in BTech courses in universities and colleges of India. The paper pattern for this course is similar to JEE main and tests the analytical skills, logical Aptitude skills of an individual. The test also includes numerical and mathematical equations to test the subject knowledge of aspirants who wish to study such technical courses.
MET: Manipal Entrance Test or MET is an exam conducted by Manipal University to offer admission to students who wish to pursue a BTech course. The test includes questions related to comprehension, analytical and logical skills, reasoning and aptitude as well as subject related questions and numericals.
|Exam||Date of form issue||Last date of submission||Exam Date|
|JEE Main||December 16,2021||January 16,2021||February 23 – 26, 2021 March 15 – 18, 2021 April 27 – 30, 2021 May 24 – 28, 2021|
|JEE Advanced||4th week of May, 2021||First week of June 2021||July 3,2021|
|MET||To be notified||To be notified||To be notified|
How to Prepare for the BTech Automobile Engineering Entrance Exams?
Students and aspirants are advised to follow the guidelines mentioned below to score good marks and percentile in their entrance examinations:
- Candidates should follow a disciplined time table schedule where the subjects that are complex and tricky should be studied first, the remaining subjects should also receive adequate attention and time table Management will ensure equal distribution of Individual's focus and concentration.
- Candidates should also refer to the material available on the internet such as eBooks, tutorials and subject knowledge to expand their existing structure of study and incorporate new elements and understanding.
- Candidates should also study via mock tests available online to have regular practice and understanding of the paper pattern and process.
- Candidates and aspirants should practice daily for a considerable amount of time to gain expertise and have a strong grasp of critical equations and numericals.
How to Get Admission in Good BTech Automobile Engineering College?
BTech in Automobile Engineering course that offers exceptional career opportunities and benefits. The students and scholars should incorporate the guidelines given below to secure admission in the colleges of their choice and preference.
- Students should study daily with dedication and concentration to secure good ranks in the test and avail admission in colleges of their choice.
- Scholars and students must ensure studying their previous examination syllabus or course material to understand important concepts and numerical roots and definitions
- Candidates can also solve the previous year question papers to understand the pattern and process of the exam and study accordingly.
- The candidates can also take help from tutorials and eBooks, to have a better understanding of concepts that might help them score good rank in the tests and exams mentioned above.
BTech Automobile Engineering: What is it all About?
BTech in Automobile Engineering is a four year undergraduate course that offers knowledge and insight of automobiles in terms of manufacturing, development, designing and refurbishing. The expertise includes elements of automobile building and formulation of components to make successful models of all types of automobiles such as Cars, Bikes, Trucks etc.
- BTech in Automobile Engineering offers insight on building automobile and includes multi functional training on development of engines,its components and education on logistics and transportation
- BTech in Automobile Engineering also offers unique career insight on how automobiles are developed and designed as well as pays considerable attention to the research and development wing, to understand the process of various automobile functions before implementation.
- The course also includes extensive study on Development of components and elements important while building automobile structure as well assembling the critical parts and testing them before launching them in the market for sale.
- The course requires an acute understanding of the concepts of Physics, chemistry and mathematics to work out motion processes and procedures as well as to test the machinery's response to various commands and dictations.
- The course enables the candidates with sufficient knowledge of automobile design that they can prepare models and blueprints consisting of new age technology and services to aid the market and boost sales.
See more: BTech Automobile Engineering Syllabus
BTech Automobile Engineering: Course Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelor of Technology in Automobile Engineering|
|Examination Type||Offline and Semester based|
|Eligibility||An intermediate degree in physics chemistry and mathematics with 50-70% qualified CET scores|
|Admission Process||Intermediate degree in physics chemistry and mathematics with 50-70% and qualified CET exams such as JEE main, JEE Advanced and MET|
|Average Fees||INR 2-5 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Agencies||Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, Daimler India Ltd, Honda, and Tata Consultancy Services|
|Job Positions||Product Engineers, manufacturing engineer, development engineer, R&D executive, Managers and Deputy officers and directors, automobile dealers|
Why Study BTech Automobile Engineering?
Students and aspirants who wish to build a career in automobile engineering have bright career options that help them secure better annual packages and incentives as well as incentives and rewards that help boost the morale of workers and personnel employed in this field.
- Candidates can also work in the R&D department of prestigious automobile companies to develop and research on new technologies and skills to establish new networking systems and processes related to Automobile Engineering.
- Candidates and Aspirants can also work on administrative posts such as managers and executives officers who work and supervise such processes and procedures to ensure optimum utilisation of resources and development of good quality products and performance.
- Candidates can also rise up to directorial positions after gaining enough experience in the field and can become influential in their line of work in this industry.
- Candidates who wish to become teachers and lectures can also work with educational institutions to teach other students about the laws and fundamentals of this course program
Course Comparison: BTech in Industrial Engineering Vs. BTech in Automobile Engineering
BTech Industrial Engineering and BTech Automobile Engineering are part of the BTech but the differences are listed below:
|Parameters||BTech in Industrial Engineering||BTech in Automobile Engineering|
|Overview||BTech in Industrial Engineering provides access to information and knowledge related to development and management of manufacturing processes and procedures, Machinery maintenance and development as a whole.||BTech in Automobile Engineering deals with the knowledge of development and management as well designing and manufacturing of automobiles exclusively and the services related to it|
|Average Fees||INR 1-5 LPA||INR 2-5 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 2-6 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Duration||Four years||Four years|
Which are the Top BTech Automobile Engineering Colleges?
|Name of the College||Average Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad||INR 12,500||INR 2-5 LPA|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Bhubaneswar||INR 429000||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education, Krishnankovil||INR 120,000||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Chennai||INR 287,000||INR 2-6 LPA|
|I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Jalandhar||INR 80,750||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||INR 2-4 LPA||INR 2-6 LPA|
|SRM Engineering College Kanchipuram||INR 2.6 LPA||INR 2-6 LPA|
|Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal||INR 3.35 LPA||INR 2-8 LPA|
|The Neotia University Kolkata||INR 1.4 LPA||INR 2-6 LPA|
|Amity University Noida||INR 3.11 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
BTech Automobile Engineering: College Comparison
|Parameters||Amity University Noida||Manipal Institute of Technology|
|Overview||Amity University Noida is one of the prestigious colleges offering BTech courses with fresh updated syllabus including newer perspectives and details on processes of automobile industry and manufacturing||Manipal Institute of Technology is one of the premium institutes offering BTech courses with high salary placement packages and incentives as well as practical expertise through internships and assignments.|
|Average Fees||INR 3.11 LPA||INR 3.35 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 2-6 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Top placement companies||Daimler, Hero, Toyota etc||Tata Motors, Hyundai, Maruti Udyog etc|
What is the BTech Automobile Engineering Syllabus?
|Year One||Year Two|
|Professional Communication||Fluid Mechanics|
|Engineering Mathematics – 1 Engineering Chemistry 1||Manufacturing and Assembly Drawing Machines and Mechanism|
|Fundamentals of Electronics Engineering||Fourier Series, Partial Differential Equations and their Application Mechanics of Solids|
|Engineering Drawing||Automotive Engines Thermodynamics and Engineering|
|Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering Technical Communication||Manufacturing Technology|
|Year Three||Year Four|
|Probability and Statistics||Alternative Fuels and Pollution Control|
|Automotive Engine Systems||Vehicle Body Engineering and Aerodynamics|
|Design of Automotive Components||Vehicle Dynamics|
|Automotive Electrical and Electronics Systems Engine and Fuel Testing||Vehicle Performance and Testing|
|Metrology and Quality Control Automotive Chassis||Project|
Which are the BTech Automobile Engineering Recommended Books?
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|A textbook of internal combustion engines||RK Rajput|
|Automotive mechanics principles and practices||Joseph Heitner|
|Automotive Engineering fundamentals||Richard Stone|
|An introduction to Modern Vehicle Design||Julian Happiansmith|
|Automotive engineering powertrain Chassis system and Vehicle body||David Crolla Professor|
What are the BTech Automobile Engineering Job Profiles?
BTech in Automobile Engineering offers careers insight and opportunities to work and explore diversity and growth in one's Professional journey.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Production Engineer||Production Engineers are responsible for designing core techniques and processes as well as are responsible for testing and assembling of various parts and components for final evaluation and formation||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Manufacturing Engineers||Manufacturing engineers are Professionals engaged in developing and design the layout, structure and sections of various components and parts of machinery of Automobile as well as maintaining the safety protocols to ensure optimum performance without any problems||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Development Engineers||Development engineers are responsible for delivering the complete Machinery or Automobile as per the dealer or manufacturer request||INR 2-7 LPA|
|R&D executive||R&D or research and development executive are professionals that prepare and propose designs and ideas related to new automobile, Machinery,tool, equipment,process and manufacturing technique before actual implementation to devise a blueprint and contribute in the form of research to form a solid conclusion||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Automobile Dealer||Automobile dealers are Professionals that have an entrepreneurial spirit and have dealership of Automobiles, and are engaged in sale and purchase of Automobile||INR 2-9 LPA|
What is the BTech Automobile Engineering Future Scope?
BTech in Automobile Engineering offers plenty of opportunities in the realm of engineering and industrial sector to promote and facilitate jobs that provide a challenging atmosphere and ability to grow and prosper.
- Candidates can have prospects of higher education such as MTech Automobile Engineering to work as a teacher and professors and guide other students to the field of automobiles engineering.
- Candidates and aspirants can also work as social media influencers associated with leading websites to promote automobile content and promotion.
- Aspirants can also rise up to prominent positions in administration as well, Individuals can work as managers and officers tending to internal and external management and also can climb the hierarchical ladder to positions such as directors and production managers.
- Candidates can also work as Entrepreneurs by having their own automobile dealership where they can engage various clients in buying and selling of different cars, and other automobiles.
BTech Automobile Engineering: FAQs
Ques. What is the meaning of automobile engineering?
Ques. What is the admission process of this course?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria of this course program?
Ques. What is the scope of this degree course?
Ques. What are the types of job designation associated with this job?
Ques. What is the syllabus of this course program?
Ques. What are some of the best colleges that offer this course program?
Ques. What do you mean by content creation concerned with automobile engineering?
Ques. What is the scope of this degree abroad?
Ques. What are some of the top companies that offer employment in this field?