What is MBA Banking?
MBA Banking or Master of business administration in banking is a 2 year course. The course is at postgraduate level. The primary aim is to focus on providing requisite managerial skills to the aspiring manager.
Know More About Banking Course
The eligibility for the course is graduation with minimum 50% marks in any stream from a recognized college.
The enrollment procedure for the course is an entrance exam conducted by colleges and universities. The entrance exams are CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP.
|India ranking (as per INDIA TODAY )||College name||Location||Average annual fees|
|23||Prestige Institute of management and Research||Indore||INR 1.2 lakhs|
|45||Amity Global Business School||Noida||INR 3.90 lakhs|
|121||MEPCO Schlenk Engineering college||Sivakasi||INR 90,000|
|244||People’s Institute of management & research||Bhopal||INR 70,000|
The average fee of the course is INR 2 lakhs to INR 7 lakhs. It mainly depends on the course offered by the college and universities.
The average salary package offered by companies after MBA banking is INR 3 lakhs to INR 10 lakhs per annum. This depends on the employee skills and experience.
See Also: MBA Banking Colleges in India
The job roles after MBA in banking are Merchant Banking, Asset manager, Investment Banker, Risk manager, Private banking, consultants, Cash manager, Finance director, etc.
The top recruiting companies are SBI, RBI, HDFC, ICICI, AXIS, and other banks and finance sectors.
MBA Banking Highlights
Course Highlight of Masters of business administration in banking:
|Course type||Post graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission process||Merit based / Entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 2 lakhs - INR 7 lakhs|
|Average Salary (per month)||INR 3 lakhs – INR 10 lakhs|
|Top Recruiting companies||SBI, RBI, HDFC, ICICI, AXIS, and other banks and finance sectors.|
|Job Position||Merchant Banking, Asset manager, Investment Banker, Risk manager, Private banking, consultants, Cash manager, Finance director, etc.|
MBA Banking Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for MBA Banking is mentioned below:
- The eligibility for MBA in banking is to clear graduation with minimum 50% marks in any stream from a recognized college.
- Commerce is the preferable stream.
- There should be no receptacle in any subject / subjects.
- 5% moderation to the reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC).
Other MBA Courses:
MBA Banking Admission Process
To get admission in the course, Students must have to clear entrance exams taken by respective colleges and universities. The procedure for the admission is:
- The registration form will be released on the official websites of the respective colleges or universities.
- Students have to submit the registration fee on the online portal before the last date.
- The admit card will be released by the colleges and universities.
- The exam date will be released by the colleges and universities.
- The result will be announced after the exam. Some colleges conduct counseling for the final selection.
- Documentation Date will be given by the colleges for final selection of the students in the course. The documents required are class x and xii mark sheet, original graduation degree, passport size photographs, cast/ category certificate (if any).
MBA Banking Entrance Exams
The entrance exams of MBA in banking conducted by colleges and universities are:
|Full Form||Exam Level||Exam Mode||Duration|
|Common Aptitude Test||National||CBT||180 minutes|
|Full Form||Exam Level||Exam Mode||Duration|
|Management Aptitude Test||National||CBT||2.5 hours|
|Full Form||Exam Level||Exam Mode||Duration|
|Xavier Aptitude test||National||Online||180 minutes|
|Full Form||Exam Level||Exam Mode||Duration|
|Symbiosis national aptitude test||National||CBT||120 minutes|
Some important information about MBA Entrance Exams are mentioned in the table below:
|Entrance exam||Application form||Exam date||Result date|
|CAT||5 August – 20 September 2020||November 29, 2020||January 5, 2021|
|MAT||Last date 23 august 2020||August 27, 2020||September 15, 2020|
|SNAP||24 September 2020 – 30 November 2020||20 December 2020, 6 and 9 January 2021||2nd week of January|
|XAT||12 September –10 December 2020||3 January 2021||January 31 2021|
|CAT 2020 Mock Test||MAT 2020 Sample Papers||XAT 2021 Practice Papers|
|GMAT 2020 Practice Papers||CMAT 2021 Practice Papers||SNAP 2021 Practice Papers|
How to crack the MBA Banking Entrance exam?
- you should strengthen your general knowledge and improve vocabulary because they are difficult subjects for students.
- Time management skills are the main key to complete your exam on time. you must be aware of sections and the number of questions.
- students should develop reading habits by newspaper, magazine, biography as a source.
- Students must be aware of the subject in which they have interest. Interest area is the only key to success.
- you should have confidence on the subject you have chosen in 10+2.
- Students must be aware of the details of the entrance exam, syllabus, duration, conducted by whom, exam level, exam mode. These are the basic knowledge of the entrance exam.
- Find a top institute for your preparation for the entrance exam. Choose top institutes on some parameters like fee of the institute, faculty, geographical location, number of students, transportation facility.
- Students must attend online tests conducted by the institute on weekends to check their preparation.
How to Get Admission in a Good College?
- Students should make a list of top colleges to know about them. Some parameters are about the college, eligibility, admission process, entrance exam name conducted by them, location, fee structure, top recruiting companies, courses offered by them.
- Fill all the exam registration forms with payments before the last date to avoid any discrepancy.
- Be prepared for the entrance exam conducted by the colleges and universities.
- Students should score good marks to get admission in a good college.
- Take counseling before choosing the course and college.
- Score good marks in bachelor's courses.
- Take classes for the preparation of exams and interviews.
MBA Banking Syllabus
Syllabus for MBA in Banking. The duration of the course is 2 years. It is given semester wise. Each year consists of 2 semesters.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Management Process & organizational behaviour||Human Resource management||International Financial management||Customer relationship management in banking|
|Accounting for management||Financial management||Summer Internship evaluation international banking||Managerial competency & career development|
|Economic Analysis||Knowledge management||Retails assets & rural banking||Banking accounting & audit|
|Marketing management||Operations management||Security analysis & portfolio management||Risk management in banking|
|Financial environment||Business Research & methods||Management of financial services||Treasure banking|
|Basics of communication||International Business & practices||Strategic management||Financial engineering|
|Self-development and interpersonal skills||Corporate communications||Managing excellence non-credit course||Corporate tax planning|
|Information technology for managers||General banking operations||Interpersonal communications||Cross-cultural communication|
|Quantitative techniques in management||Behavioural communications & relationship management||Project planning appraisal and control||Management of financial institutions|
|-||Legal & regulatory aspects of banking||Leading through team||Professional excellence|
Every student must read these top books with their authors while pursuing MBA in banking. These books will help you to understand better about it.
|The Everything Store||Brad Stone|
|Monkey Business: Swinging through the wall street jungle||John Rolfe, Peter Troob|
|Barbarians At the gate: the fall of RJR Nabisco||Bryan Burrough, John Helyar|
|The partnership: The making of Goldman Sachs||Charles D. Ellis|
|The last tycoons: the secret history of lazard freres & Co.||William D. Cohen|
|The ascent of money||Niall Ferguson|
|Liar’s poker||Michael Lewis|
|Fooled by randomness||Nassim Taleb|
|The black swan||Nassim Taleb:|
|The snowball: Warren Buffet and the business of life||Warren Buffet,|
MBA Banking Top Colleges
The top colleges of Master of business administration in Banking are:
|COLLEGE NAME||CITY||AVERAGE FEES||AVERAGE SALARY (PER ANNUM )|
|Birla Institute Of Technology||Ranchi||INR 2.76 lakhs||INR 3.88 lakhs|
|Lovely Professional university||Jalandhar||INR 2.32 lakhs||INR 8.4 lakhs|
|JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research||Mysore||INR 1.79 lakhs||INR|
|NIMS University||Jaipur||INR 60,000||INR 4.96 lakhs|
|Prestige Institute of management and Research||Indore||INR 1.2 lakhs||INR 4.5 lakhs|
|MEPCO Schlenk Engineering college||Sivakasi||INR 90,000||INR|
|Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University||Bhagalpur||INR||INR|
|Amity Global Business School||Noida||INR 3.90 lakhs||INR|
|People’s Institute of management & research||Bhopal||INR 70,000||INR|
|Singhania University||Jhunjhunu||INR 42,000||INR 5 lakhs|
COLLEGE COMPARISON OF MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BANKING)
College Comparison of Master of business administration (Banking). Students must compare their college on some parameters like about the college, city, ranking agency, eligibility, admission process, average fees, top recruiting companies, etc. Here is the comparison of NIMS University and Lovely Professional University.
|Parameters||NIMS University||Lovely Professional University|
|About college||NIMS University is known for being the best private university in 2018. According to the ASSOCHAM, it is also known as the best private university for skill development. It is the largest university which offers more than 100 courses in UG, PG, PhD, etc.||LPU is situated in Jalandhar, Punjab. It is the largest single campus university in India. It offers you more than 200 courses in UG, PG, PhD, etc. This university is a member of AIU. It is the best private university in 2017 according to ASSOCHAM.|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks||Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||entrance exam|
|Average fees||INR 60,000||INR 2.32 lakhs|
|Top recruiting organizations||IBM, VIVO, Dell, Cisco, Wipro, CNBC, Intas, etc.||Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, TCS, SAP, ITC, Amazon, etc.|
|Average salary||INR 4.96 lakhs||INR 8.4 lakhs|
Why Study MBA Banking?
- It helps you to start off strong. Since you have proven management skills, you’ll be charged with greater responsibility in the beginning. A business graduate would’ve studied strategy in various contexts, they will be able to chalk a business strategy that balances the commercial and economic side of the bank. This will ensure that the bank continues to function well.
- It will help you with marketing. Most of the time, banks and other ‘serious’ institutions struggle to market themselves that connects with the consumers. They can help to alleviate this struggle and develop a marketing strategy to solve the problem.
- It will help in project management. They can plan optimal management strategies. Planning and organization are also skills that one develops while managing projects in the banking sector.
- One of the important reasons why the banking sector is preferred is mainly because of the job security offered by this field. The banking sector can provide the best job security in the present circumstances.
- The banking sector offers you best pay packages with a wide range of choices to grow to further positions are attractive.
- People working in the banking sector can find time to spend with their family. Even though, 9-5 timing is not strictly followed in private sector banks like the public sector. So, people can get time to spend for their personal interests as well.
- The chance to grow in positions by performing well in the same bank, candidates can also look for job positions in other banks, when they work in private sector banks. If they get the chance to work in public sector banks and wish to change their career path in the middle, they can find job opportunities in other sectors with the experience they have gained from the banking sector.
MBA Banking Course Comparisons
Course comparison of Master of business administration in Banking and Master of business administration in finance. It can be compared on some parameters like the course, duration, eligibility, admission process, top colleges, average fee, average salary, job roles, top companies.
|Parameters||MBA banking||MBA finance|
|Brief explanation||MBA banking or Masters of business administration in banking is a 2 year course. The course is at postgraduate level. The primary aim is to focus on providing requisite managerial skills to the aspiring manager.||MBA Finance or Masters of Business Administration in Finance is a 2 year course. It deals with different aspects of finance studies and its applications in the setting of business and management. It deals with many management and business subjects along with providing training in the field of financial management.|
|Duration||2 years||2 years|
|Eligibility||Graduation with minimum 50% marks||Graduation with minimum 50%-60% marks|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||Entrance exam|
|Top colleges||Lovely professional university, NIMS university, Singhania University, etc.||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, National Institute of Industrial Engineering, etc.|
|Job roles||Merchant Banking, Asset manager, Investment Banker, Risk manager, Private banking, consultants, Cash manager, Finance director, etc.||Financial Consultant, Finance Manager, Business Analyst, Accounting Manager, Bank Manager, Corporate Controller, Relationship Manager, etc.|
|Average fees||INR 2 lakhs – INR 7 lakhs||INR3 lakhs– INR 8 lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 3 lakhs – INR 10 lakhs||INR 4 lakhs –10 lakhs|
|Top recruiting organization||All of the Banking and Finance Sector||HSBC, HDFC, ICICI, Genpact, E&Y, Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, BCG, Barclays, etc.|
MBA Banking Scope
- The candidates can apply for a Private job or government job in the banking sector after MBA in banking.
- The candidates can pursue PhD programs if they have interest in higher studies.
- Candidates may become a professor for MBA banking in the colleges or universities.
- Some courses can be done after MBA Banking are Certifications of risk management assurance, Chartered Financial Analyst,3 Certified Information Systems Auditor, etc.
MBA Banking Jobs
Career options with the jobs description of Master of business administration in banking. One should get these jobs after MBA in banking:
- Merchant Banking,
- Asset manager,
- Investment Banker,
- Risk manager,
- Private banking,
- Cash manager,
- Finance director, etc.
The job profiles are given with their role description and average annual salary:
|Job profiles||Role||Average annual salary|
|Asset manager||The role of asset manager is to manage the assets of clients according to the investment preferences. They meet with the clients to assess the asset status, needs, risks, goals, forecast reports and many other things.||INR 5.03 lakhs|
|Risk manager||The role of risk manager is to communicate the policies and procedures of risk of an organization.They research and make analytical reports and ensure controls are operating.||INR 4.81 lakhs|
|Cash manager||The role of cash manager is to manage the funds of the company and also oversees the allocation of cash balances, loans, disbursements, and investments.||INR 5.67 lakhs|
|Finance director||The role of financial director is to oversee all financial activities, making reports of revenue, training the accounting staff, budgeting, managing the risk, implementing and improving financial problems.||INR 36.46 lakhs|
|Finance manager||The role of Finance manager is to plan the budget, support the executive management team and financial advice to make best decisions for the organizations.||INR 7.66 lakhs|
MBA Banking FAQ
Ques: What is MBA in banking and Finance?
Ans: The Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Banking and Finance (MBABF) program is designed to prepare students for careers in the financial field and banking management, money management, financial consulting, and financial institutional operations.
Ques: How is an MBA banking course helpful?
Ans: MBA banking course is really helpful :
- decision making
- management and marketing strategies
- practical ideas
Ques.Is MBA useful for MBA Banking?
Ans: MBA Banking is very helpful to get executive jobs in the banking sector.