MTech Nano Science and Technology is a specialized subject with a 2-year PG course that involves transdisciplinary branches of the conventional science subjects.
See Also: MTech/ME Courses
The minimum eligibility criteria for M.Tech. The eligibility criteria for applying the course is 55% obtained in bachelors with some relaxation towards reserved category applicants depending on universities with a valid GATE/TANCET among others scorecard.
See Also: MTech/ME Colleges in India
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Master’s of Technology in Mechanical|
|Duration||2 Years (4 Semesters )|
|Examination Type||Semester Wise|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree and GATE|
|Admission Process||Merit list of GATE|
|Average Course Fee||INR 2, 30, 000|
|Top Recruitment Areas||Electronic Device manufacturing, Mechanism of Devices, and more.|
|Job Positions||Nano Science and Technology Engineer, and more.|
|Average Salary||INR 4,00,000 – INR 5,00,000|
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum eligibility for admission is 55% overall UG level with slight exception based on the colleges/universities. For example, IIT Patna requires an overall 60% aggregate in BTech, thereby individual look up of the college eligibility is encouraged to avoid confusions.
- Applicants are required to have their GATE/TANGENT score card among others during the time of admission.
- Relaxation of marks are given to the reserved categories based on university/college norms.
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Admission Process
MTech Nano Science and Technology admissions are done through entrance examination mode or direct admission through quota.
Merit based Admission
- Candidates who are willing to get admission can apply by both online and offline means.
- They can fill the entrance form official website of the institute or can directly pursue by reaching the desired institute.
- Fill the application form required and upload all the necessary documents which are asked in the form.
- After completion of the process of application, go for counselling round and attend the personal interview round to get your desired college.
Entrance Based Admission
GATE, UPSEE, TANCET, OJEE, BHU PET, AP PGECET, SRMJEEE PG, ITM NEST, etc. conducts exams for admission in the Master's programs of top colleges in India. Some Private institutes also conduct examinations or basically rely on the national/ state level entrance examinations.
ALERT: ITM Application form has been released. Apply HERE
What are the Top MTech Nano Science and Technology: Entrance Examinations
There are various national and state-level entrance exams to appear for admission into the MTech Nano Science and Technology program.
- GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test, is a common engineering level exam that tests the students from the various foundation level topics in the field of science and engineering from the grassroot level that enables a student to further opt for post graduate degrees and research-based organizations or jobs in the Public Sectors.
- TANCET- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is a common aptitude test that is organized by ANNA university, Chennai that enables the students to enroll in various technical/management programs for higher studies and jobs.
- UPSEE- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam is an entrance-based exam for the engineering students that validates the applicant for applying at the PG and UG level at UPSEE colleges and other designated universities.
- VITMEE- Vellore Institute of Technology Masters Entrance Examinations is an entrance exam conducted by the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) for the post graduate level students from the engineering backgrounds for opting PG degrees.
A common list of MTech Entrance exams 2021 is given in the table below along with their upcoming dates:
|Entrance Exam||Application Period||Exam Dates||Exam Mode|
|GATE||IISC & IIT||Feb 06,07,13,14 , 2021||Online|
|OJEE||OJEE Committee||May 2021||Online|
|UPSEE||U.P Government||May 2021||Online & Offline|
|TANCET||Anna University||March 2021||Offline|
|BHU PET||BHU||May 2021||Online|
|AP PGECET||Andhra University||May 2021||Online|
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- To gain admission through Entrance-based MTech college, a high UG aggregate is required. Admissions are highly competitive at the top colleges offering MTech courses.
- Cut-off lists and admission details are advertised regularly during the admissions season on the official website, they must be kept track of.
- For admission through entrance examination based colleges, the exam pattern, past papers etc. must be downloaded for practice by the aspirants.
- Preparations must be started at least one month before admissions start so that there is enough time to be well prepared.
Why should you do MTech Nano Science and Technology?
- Nano Science and Technology is currently one of the growing sectors globally that aims to revolutionize our understanding in the field of Science and Technology via constant research and development that yields to aspire the revolutionizing tech industry.
- It would also open the doors for the students who aim to aspire as researchers in leading R&D sectors hence establishing a circuit of well garnered connection to a whole new level of tech industry, pharmaceuticals firms, genetics, technical/core level jobs, food science and academia among others.
- It is a field of academics with an opportunity to work and learn with the intellectuals equipped to provide job offers during the round of placement at the final year of the semester, that includes a wide range of multinational companies.
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Course Advantages
- The course offers key skills at an intermediate level that enables the student equipped with knowledge that involves specialization in the domain that requires higher understanding of the concepts in relation to theory and practical technicalities in the wide arrays of interdisciplinary subjects of engineering and science topics.
- The entrance exams are designed to determine the grassroot level concepts that would require by the students to further develop and nurture their skills during their post graduate courses via the aptitude tests.
- Students after completing their courses from the universities may further proceed their careers into various academic projects/research scholars, fellowships, job opportunities via placement or may also continue to specialize at the level of PHD alongside stipend provisions.
- MTech in Nano Science and Technology is a master level course that provides a pathway towards a technical and scholarly/engineering research based medium where by the aim of this program is to research, invent and revolutionize in the field of nanotechnology that is currently an upcoming demand in the field of science and technology.
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Course Comparison
The course comparison between MTech Nano Science and Technology and MSc Nano Technology is as follows.
See More: MSc Nanotechnology Colleges in India
|Parameter||MTech Nano Science and Technology||M.Sc Nano Science and Technology|
|Domain||Masters of Technology. (M.Tech.) in Electronic Engineering||M.Sc in Nano Science and Technology|
|Overview||The course offers an in-depth study of traditional science discipline subjects at the sub-micron scale where the aim is to innovate, research and operate.||Nano Science and Technology is the branch of study which primarily deals with the aspects of designing, production, and operations of biological components of machines and tools.|
|Eligibility||Completed B.E or B.Tech in Manufacturing, Nano Science and Technology, etc. with an aggregate of 50%||Completed BE /BTech /B.Sc. degree with a minimum of 55% in aggregate|
|Duration||2 Years||2 Years|
|Average Annual Fees (INR)||INR 40,000 - 2,75,000||INR 40,000 - 2,40,000|
|Average Salary (INR)||INR 50,000 - 5,50,000||INR 50,000 - 6,00,000|
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Top Colleges
Below given is a list of top colleges offering MTech Nano Science and Technology along with the Average fees.
|College Name||Average Fees (INR)|
|College Of Engineering, Anna University||INR 60,000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||INR 56,490|
|Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)||INR 43,600|
|Jadavpur University [Kolkata]||INR 9,600|
|NIT (Calicut)||INR 82,405|
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Tips to get Best College
Below given are the tips that an aspirant must keep in mind to get admission in top colleges offering MTech Computer Integrated Manufacturing course:
- Aspirants should sort their college of preference on the basis of the topics taught in curriculum, Faculty, Placement, Fee and the Location.
- After selecting the top five colleges, they must periodically review the update on the following college's website.
MTech Nano Science and Technology: College Comparison
Below given is a course comparison between the top colleges offering MTech Nano Science and Technology courses in India. This comparison is on the basis of few parameters that are tabulated below in the table:
|Parameters||IIT Patna||NIT Surathkal|
|Overview||IITs are one of the prestigious engineering institutes in the country and has a good placement record with an overall average of 80% placements and 95% for MTech.||It is one of the best colleges in the field of engineering in the academic world as well.|
|Average Fees||INR 1,50,000||INR 1,20,000|
|Average Salary Package||INR 7.8 LPA||INR 9.5 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||NTPC, TATA Steel and Power Limited, Reliance Industries||BHEL, SAIL, Hindustan Motors|
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Syllabus
Below given is a semester wise breakdown of the subjects that will be studied in MTech Nano Science and Technology courses.
|Semester I||-||Semester II||-|
|Concept of Nanomaterials||Nanoscale Measurement and Analysis||Design and Synthesis of Nanomaterials||Comprehensive Viva|
|Analytical Techniques||Including Electives I,II,II||Nanoscale Devices||Including Electives IV,V,VI|
|Semester III||-||Semester IV||-|
|Projects I||-||Project II||-|
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Recommended Books
Below given is a list of important books that are a vital part of the MTech Nano Science and Technology curriculum. Students must have these books to understand the concepts of Nano Science and Technology with ease.
|Nanoscale characterization of surface and interface||N. John DNario|
|Modern Electronics Instrumentation and Measurement Techniques||A.D. Helfrick and W.D. Cooper|
|Nanoscale Handbook of microscopy for nanotechnology||Nan Yao and Zhong Lin Wang|
|Transmission Electron Microscopy and Diffractometry of Materials||Brent Fultz and James M. Howe|
|Modern Spectroscopy||J. Michael Hollas|
MTech Nano Science and Technology: Job Prospects
- Currently with the rising awareness of the importance of the Nano Science and Technology, the application of such applied science is vastly being approved to every possible sector in today’s industry for efficient and sustainable growth of the industries.
- The job sector consisted of a diversified array of specialized technical as well as research based including entrepreneurial opportunities.
- The technology is also responsible for further involvement in Research and Development/Analytical sectors in govt/private wings.
- Pharmaceuticals/nanomedicines including lucrative food corporations are equally engaged and responsible parallelly for growing their industry into effective and sustainable markets with the growing demand.
The course being a well balanced interdisciplinary curriculum tends to provide immense growth in personal as well as research/technical aspects domain in respect to career. Few of the areas where the job prospects hold are as follows.
|Researcher/ Academia||Research and Development Sectors||Defense and Research Wing||Genetics|
|Biotechnological Communication||Product Marketing||Managerial/Project Assistant posts||Pharma Industry|
|Forensic Lab/ Laboratory Manager (Govt./Private)||Application Engineer||Food Science||Tech Industry among others|
Below mentioned are the job profiles which are offered to MTech Nano Science and Technology candidates.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Lab Assistant||INR 3,70,000|
|Nano Science and Technology Engineer||INR 4,00,000|
|Associate Professors||INR 5,12,820|
What are the Future Scopes of MTech Nano Science and Technology?
Apart from seeking jobs, yet another option available to students is to pursue higher education. Students can go for below mentioned higher education options :
PhD: If a student wants to continue their education further or wants to go into the teaching field. The first program of choice is a PhD . Duration of Ph.D is around 3-5 years.
See Also Top PhD Colleges in India
See Also Top MBA Colleges in India
MTech Nano Science and Technology: FAQs
Ques: What is the use of Nano Science and Technology in our lives?
Ans: It is currently one of the leading technologies that is applied in micro/macro level of every aspect of our lives that includes food, textile, automobiles/space, architecture, pharmaceuticals/medicines, research and development etc.
Ques: What is the average salary of freshers after passing out from MTech Nano Science and Technology?
Ans: For starters, colleges with average salary packages dwell around 25k and above/month for the freshers, depending on the placement at the basic/minimum level.
Ques: What are the subjects that you need to have a grip on while opting for the MTech course in Nano Science and Technology?
Ans: One has to have a good understanding/base knowledge of the traditional courses while opting their bachelors, for instance physics, biochemistry, engineering among other related topics.
Ques: How well versed is the curriculum of Nano Science and Technology in terms of research related jobs?
Ans: In general, it is one of the leading research sectors that are currently in use in any aspects of everyday tech/research domains due to its extensive capabilities of usage in any given field for creating an effective and sustainable product. Thereby, one can use their expertise in any given domain for furthering it as a research career.
Ques: What are the top recruiting companies in MTech Nano Science in Technology?
Ans: Leading companies such as J.P. Morgan, Amazon, Flipkart, Goldman Sachs, Mercedes Benz, Bajaj Auto, Reliance Industries, Bennett Coleman & Co, TATA Consultancy and Services, HPCL, Texas Instruments, Dabur India Limited, Samsung, Qualcomm, PWC among others are few of the companies that are actively seeking graduates.
Ques: Will I be able to get jobs as a researcher abroad?
Ans: One can apply as an research associate or apply via fellowship in desired university in abroad and migrate as per their qualification and pursue their further research.