KEAM 2018 Result for engineering courses will be declared on May 22. The results are available on the official portal of KEAM i.e. www.cee-kerala.org. To check the results, enter your KEAM credentials – roll number and application number. The result will have the marks scored by candidates in KEAM 2018.
The examination was successfully conducted on April 23 and 24, answer keys are also available now. Candidates can assess their performances and get an estimated score using the answer key. The declaration of result will be followed by the release of merit list for the counselling of qualifying candidates.
KEAM 2018 Statistics
Of the 90233 students appeared for both the papers of Engineering Entrance Examination, 58268 students have qualified under Engineering Stream and 47974 students have qualified under Pharmacy stream out of the 64795 students opted and appeared for the Pharmacy Entrance Examination (Paper I of the Engineering Entrance Examination).
The table below mentions the event and the dates of KEAM 2018 and the publishing of the merit list of various courses:
|Exam Dates||April 23 and 24, 2018|
|Publishing of KEAM Results||May 22, 2018|
|Declaration of KEAM Merit List||June 20, 2018|
How to Check KEAM 2018 Result?
Candidates can check their scorecards by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of KEAM i.e., www.cee.kerala.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on ‘KEAM 2018 Candidate Portal’ link.
Step 3: Enter the required credentials namely Application No., Password and Security Code.
Step 4: Click on ‘KEAM 2018 Results’ link.
Step 5: The result will be displayed on the screen, view the same.
Details Present in KEAM 2018 Result
The following details will be mentioned on the result’s page accessed by the candidates:
- Roll Number of the Candidate
- Standardized 12th Score of PCM (out of 300)
- Total Marks (out of 600) scored by the candidate
- KEAM Rank of the candidate
Check detailedKEAM Result Notification
KEAM 2018 Merit List
The merit list will comprise of candidates with ranks higher than the cut off ranks set by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations. This list is prepared by taking together the marks scored by the candidate on the exam and the aggregate of marks scored by him in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in +2 examination. The two scores are taken in a ratio of 50:50.
Tie-breaking Criteria for KEAM 2018
In case of a tie between the scores of two or more candidates following criteria will be applied to select the candidate-
- The candidates with higher marks in Mathematics in KEAM 2018 will be given preference.
- If the tie persists, candidates who score more in Physics will be given preference.
- If still there is a tie, then candidates with higher standardized marks in Mathematics of the 12th standard will be ranked higher.
- If still there is a tie, then higher standardized marks in Physics during 12th standard examinations will be considered.
- When none of the above options work, then age will be used to break the tie. Candidates who are older in age will be ranked higher.
Qualifying Marks in KEAM 2018
- Candidates must secure at least 10 marks in each paper – Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry) and Paper 2 (Mathematics) to make it to the rank list of KEAM 2018.
- Failing to meet the prescribed minimum marks, their names will not be included in the rank list, and by extension no longer be considered for KEAM 2018 seat allotment.
- A total of 90806 candidates appeared in the entrance exam last time, out of which 72440 qualified and were listed in the KEAM 2018 rank list.
- There are no minimum marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories. However, they will have to answer at least one question in each paper, or else they will be disqualified.
KEAM 2018 Cutoff
- KEAM 2018 cut off will be announced by CEE, Kerala after the release of the result.
- Candidates who score the marks more than or equal to the set cut off will qualify for merit list.
- KEAM qualifiers will be then called for the counselling sessions for seat allotment in various courses and colleges.
- A separate cut off of KEAM will be released after each round of counselling.
- Cut offs will consist of opening and closing ranks of all the participating institutes, branches and categories.
KEAM 2018 cut off will depend upon the following factors-
- The overall performance of the candidates in the exam
- Cutoffs of previous years.
- Difficulty level of the test.
- Availability of seats.
#Trending in KEAM Rank List
Rank List of Architecture
- Provisional rank list for B.Arch will be published on CEE Official Website.
- Preparation of the rank list for admission to B.Arch. will be given equal weightage for NATA marks and qualifying exam marks.
- Marks obtained in NATA out of 200 will be added to the total marks and grades secured in the qualifying exam computed out of 200. Hence, the rank list will be prepared based on the total marks obtained out of 400.
Rank List of Medical and Allied Courses
- The CEE will publish the provisional state Rank lists of the NEET UG test takers on their official website.
Rank List of Ayurveda Course
- CEE will publish a separate rank list of Ayurveda course, on the basis of NEET UG scores.
- Candidates who have studied Sanskrit as their second language in Intermediate level, they will be given additional 8 marks to the total marks in NEET UG at the time of preparing the merit list.
Rank List of MBBS/ BDS Courses
- The rank list for this course will be prepared on the basis of NEET UG rank subject to Nativity conditions and other eligibility conditions.
KEAM Counselling 2018
- KEAM 2018 counselling process will commence after the declaration of the merit list.
- The merit list will be released on the official website on June 20, 2018.
- The procedure of the allotment of the seats is determined by the Central Allotment Process or CAP.
- Qualifying candidates have to register for the counselling session.
- The choice course and college of the candidate will be asked during the registration for counselling.
- Verification of the documents will be done during the counselling session. Candidates will be allotted seats on merit cum preference basis.
- Candidates who miss their slot of counselling will not be allowed in any other slots.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College