NIFT Admission Cell will commence interview rounds for NIFT Admission 2021 from April 19, 2021, for the Masters’ programme, registration and Slot Booking for the same can be done on the official website. NIFT 2021 Situation Test dates, which were scheduled for April 10 – 13, 2021, have been postponed due to the same reason and fresh dates will be announced soon. Check NIFT 2021 Situation Test Pattern
After the announcement of NIFT 2021 Written Results candidates will have to undergo Situation Test followed by GD/PI. Candidates will have to clear all the rounds to be eligible for NIFT 2021 Admission. NIFT 2021 Final Result for all courses will be released in June 2021. Check NIFT 2021 Written Result
NIFT 2021 registration and slot booking for Online interview for Masters courses has started on the official portal and the interview will commence on April 19, 2021. The online interview round is conducted by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) to shortlist candidates for admission in courses like Master of Fashion Technology (MF Tech), Master of Design (M.Des), Master of Fashion Management (MFM).
- To get admission into Master’s level degree courses, it is mandatory for the aspirants to clear the NIFT entrance exam and need to appear for an Online Interview. Also, they have to submit their portfolio during the admission process. No Group Discussion will be conducted this year.
- The Group Discussion round has been canceled by the design school due to the prevailing condition of the COVID-19 epidemic.
- The window to select a time slot and test center for the NIFT Situation Test for shortlisted candidates of B. Des is now open, candidates can give their preference by logging in using their Email Id, roll number, and verification code. NIFT Results for the written test will be declared in March 2021.
NIFT Selection Process 2021 consists of three stages namely- NIFT Situation test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview. Students obtain equal or more than NIFT Cut off marks are called for the NIFT situation test. The final selection is done on the basis of the overall performance of the candidate.
NIFT Provisional Admit Card Sample
Weightage of NIFT Selection Round 2021
Shortlisted candidates for admission to Bachelor of Design course have to appear for NIFT Situation Test. The final results will be declared in June 2021, followed by counselling process for qualified candidates. The weightage for various courses as per the exams is indicated in the table below.
|Bachelor of Design||CAT||50%|
|NIFT Situation Test||20%|
|Master of Design||CAT||40%|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||100%|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||70%|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||70%|
Check: NIFT Cut off 2021
Candidates shortlisted for B.Des. program from NIFT written exam, have to appear for NIFT Situation Test. It is the second stage in NIFT Admission Process. It is a practical creative examination. It evaluates a candidate’s material handling and innovative ability in a given situation. Candidates will be invited to the nearest NIFT center for the exam. The test is given 20% of the total weightage for final admission.
At test center, candidates will be provided with a set of materials in limited quantities. They have to use these materials to answer the question put forth to them. In this test, candidates have to create a 3D model based on the question asked. They will be given 2 hours, within which, they need to conceptualize and complete the model. Also, they have to support it with a write-up which is evaluated by the jury later. The model/ design created should be in proper form. It will be evaluated on the following basis:
- Candidate’s space visualization
- Concept development, that is, how one has answered the main subject of the question while remaining creative.
- Innovative and creative use of provided material i.e. how intelligently and beautifully has a candidate converted the concept into design or product.
- Composition and Construction skills i.e. the amount of material exploration, experimentation and treatment given to otherwise simple craft raw material is done.
- Color scheme & finesse of the model i.e. how well has the combining of different types of materials according to their texture and weight has turned out.
- The overall presentation of the model i.e. how much of innovation has been put into the end product.
- How well he/ she is able to utilize the resources not only in variety but also in quantity, that is, managing the limited supply.
- Evaluation is also done on the basis of time management skills.
These parameters are checked along with the write-up provided by the candidate, explaining the concept behind the model constructed. The write-up given should be in only the English language as instructions of NIFT 2021 will also be in the same medium.
Important Points for NIFT Situation Test 2021
Candidates participating in NIFT Situation Test 2021 must remember the following points:
- A candidate is prohibited from making use of any outside or additional material while making the model/design.
- A candidate is provided with the needed materials by the institute itself. They are supposed to be used to make the design or model.
- The use of personal materials is prohibited in the exam. Any applicant found borrowing material or tries to bring any kind of personal material, will be disqualified from the test.
- Candidates who try to disclose their identity by writing any personal details or place any identification mark on the model/ design/ write-up are instantly considered disqualified. The final results of candidates will not be declared.
- The model/design prepared is evaluated by the jury present there and then. A candidate must note that the model prepared by him, wouldn’t be preserved for any future reference.
NIFT Group Discussion 2021
Candidates shortlisted for Masters Programs from written exam are required to undergo Case Study based Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The duration for GD will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes based on a case study. A group of applicants is assigned a topic, on which a panel of experts assesses the candidates on various parameters. A candidate must not lose his patience during the discussion. GD is conducted to evaluate a candidate’s presence of mind, clarity of thoughts, and interpersonal skills. So, one must not argue or fight during this, as if someone creates a nuisance, he might get disqualified from NIFT 2021 group discussion. To shine in the group discussion a candidate must take care of the following parameters on which he is assessed by the jury:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- The contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem-solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
NIFT Personal Interview 2021
A candidate has to go through NIFT 2021 personal interview in order to get selected for the opted course. During the interview, the jury will raise a few questions to which he/she has to answer. They will evaluate the caliber of a candidate based on his/ her responses. A candidate must remain confident while giving the interview and should carry all the mandatory documents. Candidates are evaluated on various parameters. They are listed below:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude
- Creative and lateral thinking
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.