NIFT Counselling 2020 - Schedule, Fee & Admission Procedure
NIFT Counselling 2020 will be organized by NIFT at the end of May. Candidates who will successfully qualify the exam will only participate in the counselling process. It will be conducted in multiple rounds in 16 different campuses of NIFT.
Students are required to register themselves separately at nift.ac.in. to participate in NIFT 2020 counselling. There is no registration fee for the first round of counselling. For subsequent rounds, candidates will have to pay INR 5000.
- One can get registered using their credentials namely NIFT Form Number, Date of Birth (DOB) and Password.
- While getting registered, candidates have to select a counselling campus they will participate in as well.
- Upon successful registration, a system-generated letter will be issued to the candidate. The letter will contain details of the Nodal Officer and the documents required for counselling and admission process.
- Those who will fail to reach counselling will forfeit their allocated seat. Check NIFT Seat Matrix
NIFT 2020 Counselling and Seat Allotment Schedule
Candidates can check tentative counselling schedule of NIFT 2020 for seat allocation across B.Design and B.F.Tech programs:
Commencement of NIFT counselling 2020 round 1
|Registration for counselling of all programmes Last week of May 2020 to the first week of June 2020|
|Counselling Schedule for Person With Disability (PWD) Candidates (all Categories & Programmes)*|
|Programmes||Category||PWD Category Rank||Counselling Date|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des)||Gen- PWD||1 to 37||1st week of June 2020 |
|OBC (NC)-PWD||1 to 20|
|SC- PWD||1 to 4|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)||Gen-PWD||1 to 5|
|OBC (NC)-PWD||1 to 6|
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F. Tech.)
|NIFT counselling 2020 schedule of all category candidates including General, SC, ST, OBC (Non-Creamy), NRI & State Domicile|
|Date||Category||No. of candidates||Common Merit Rank|
|2ndweek of June 2020||This includes candidates from GEN, SC, OBC, ST, State Domicile / Children & Wards of NRI (subject to availability of seats)||150||001-150|
|2ndweek of June 2020||160||151-311|
|2ndweek of June 2020||170||312-482|
|3rd week of June 2020||180||483-662|
|3rd week of June 2020||200||663-862|
|3rd week of June 2020||GEN, SC, OBC, ST, State Domicile/Children & Wards of NRI (subject to seat availability)||All candidates having common merit rank from 863 to 1574|
|3rd week of June 2020||GEN, ST, SC, OBC, State Domicile / Children & Wards of NRI (subject to seat availability)||All candidates having common merit rank from 1575 to 2581|
NIFT 2020 Seat Allotment Round 2 Schedule
|Display of seats ||4th week of July 2020|
|Start of second round of counselling ||4th week of July 2020|
|Registration for NIFT counselling 2020 (all programmes)||4th week of July 2020|
|Counselling at NIFT campuses ||Last week of July onwards|
Documents Required for NIFT Counselling 2020
Candidates, who are called for the NIFT 2020 counselling, must carry the below mentioned original documents along with their photocopies for admission procedure. After verification, NIFT will return the original certificates to them apart from the medical certificate.
- Valid PWD certificate
- Photograph (2 passport & 4 stamp size)
- Certificate of clearing 10+2/equivalent examination
- System generated letter/e-mail received by the candidate
- Copy of 12th class school leaving certificate (for domicile seats only)
- Certificate from the Board from which he/she passed the High School/Higher Secondary Examination
- Semester fee – Demand draft of Rs. 1,10,450/- (Non-NRI) drawn in favour of the NIFT HO payable at the city of the counselling
- Certificate of clearing 10+2/equivalent examination, showing the subjects offered by him/her in the exam. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for B.F.Tech.
- Certificate from the prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to an SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy) category. (Applicable only to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy) category
- Undertaking for the candidate seeking provisional admission-(Annexure-I)
- Undertaking from the students, as per provisions of anti-ragging (Annexure-II)
- Form for withdrawal of admission (Annexure-III)
- Undertaking about eligibility, fee and refund (Annexure-IV)
- Medical fitness certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure VI)
- Authorization letter from the candidates, who are not in a position to attend in person (Annexure-VII) (not applicable for PWD candidates)
Note- If any of the above-mentioned documents are in any other language than Hindi/English, then an authentic translation in English/Hindi should be produced duly verified by the issuing institution/gazetted officer/self-attested by the candidate at the time of NIFT Counselling 2020. A candidate failing to do so will not be considered for admissions.
NIFT 2020 Counselling Process
Candidates have to follow the procedure given below to participate in the counselling.
- First of all candidates has to register themselves on the official website.
- Without doing registration no candidate will be allowed to appear in the counselling rounds.
- Candidates can register for the counselling by using their credentials, such as form number, date of birth and password.
- Campus Choice
- At the time of registration, candidates have to fill the campus choice in which they want to appear in the counselling.
- Candidates can select one of the 16 campuses of NIFT.
- Download Call Letter
- After successful registration, a “system generated letter”, will be received by the candidate through SMS and e-mail on their registered mobile and email id.
- The letter will contain the details of the Nodal Officer and the documents required for Counselling and Admission.
- The counselling will take place on the campus, which is selected by the candidate through offline mode.
- Candidates have to report the counselling center in a given reporting time for the document verification and allocation of seats.
NIFT 2020 Reservation of Seats
There are some seats which will be reserved for the categories such as SC/ST/Differently Abled Candidates (PHP)/Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI in each programme which is given below:
|Categories||Seats Reserved (%)|
|OBC (Non- Creamy)||27%|
|Differently Abled Candidates (PHP)||3%|
Cancellation of NIFT Admission 2020
A candidate can face the cancellation of his/her candidature under the following circumstances:
- Qualifying NIFT Entrance Exam does not entitle a candidate with admission confirmation.
- If the organizing authorities are not satisfied with the character, past behaviour or antecedents of the candidate, then there admission can be cancelled.
- Director of the Campus can cancel the admission granted to any candidate at any stage if it is found that the candidate has got admission in any Campus /Program on the basis of false information, or by hiding relevant facts. Also, if it is found that admission given due to any mistake or oversight the admission granted will be cancelled without any prior notice and at any time during the course of his studies. Fee deposited by the candidate will be forfeited.
- During verification, before or after the Written Test, Situation Test, Group Discussion and Interview (as the case may be), if it is found that candidate doesn’t fulfil the eligibility criteria, their candidature admission stands cancelled without any notice or further reference.
- A candidate must report to allotted NIFT Campus within 7 days of commencement of the session. If candidate fails to do so then the admission of the candidate gets cancelled without any intimation and the tuition fee paid will be forfeited.
- The Director-General can cancel the admission of any student for a specific reason or debar him for a certain period.
- Merit will be valid only for the programme for which the candidate has appeared. Admission to any other category/course will not be considered.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College