The top hotel management colleges in Gujarat offer both full-time as well as part-time education. Students can choose from 23 top colleges for pursuing hotel management as their career. These colleges offer Diploma courses, degree courses and certification courses as well.
- There are a total of 23 top-ranked colleges in Gujarat, out of which 16 are private hotel management colleges, whereas 7 are public colleges.
- Some of the hotel management colleges like Jindal School of Hotel Management are backed by industrialists, which give the students more and more opportunity to take industrial exposure and experience.
- There are 9 colleges that offer Bachelor’s in Hotel Management (BHM) while 1 college offers B.Sc in Hotel Management.
- Colleges like Institute of Hotel Management, International Institute of Hotel Management, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University are top government hotel management colleges.
|Top Hotel Management Colleges in Vadodara||Top Hotel Management Colleges in Surat|
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: Rankings
There are many ranking agencies that give rankings to colleges across the country every year. The ranking of the college depends upon the criteria which are set up by the ranking agencies. The criteria are as basic as the type of infrastructure, quality of the study, teaching, the placements provided to students and many more such criteria.
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: The Week Rankings
The Week is one of the best private ranking agencies that give the ranking to the colleges or universities across the nation that gives unbiased ranking to the college, universities and institutions each year. Listed below are the hotel management colleges in Gujarat ranked by The Week in 2019:
|COLLEGE NAME||THE WEEK RANK (2019)||THE WEEK RANK (2018)||CHANGE||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES|
|Institute of Hotel Management||11||12||+1||INR 1,23,810|
|International Institute of Hotel Management||49||Not Participated||-||INR 1,88,000|
- Only 2 hotel management colleges in Gujarat have been ranked by The Week among the top hotel management colleges in India.
- The Institute of Hotel Management witnessed a change of 1 rank from that of previous year.
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: India Today Rankings
India Today is another private ranking agency that gives the ranking to colleges on the basis of how they perform in the previous year in all aspects of teaching, placements and other such aspects.
- Only 1 college has been ranked by India Today among the top hotel management colleges in India.
- International Institute of Hotel Management Ahmedabad has been ranked 48 in the 2019 Ranking of India Today.
- The average annual fees at IIHM Ahmedabad is INR 1,88,000.
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: ROI (Return on Investment)
All the aspirants who wish to take the admission in any of the institute or university always look for the college which has the best Return on Investment, that is the college which gives the best placement. Given below is the list of colleges and their ROI along with the fees that they take for the course of hotel management in Gujarat:
|COLLEGE NAME||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES||AVERAGE ANNUAL PLACEMENT||ROI RANK|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda||INR 8,060||INR 3,00,000||1|
|Jindal School of Hotel Management||INR 1,98,800||INR 8,50,000||2|
|International Institute of Hotel Management||INR 1,88,00||INR 5,50,000||3|
|Institute of Hotel Management||INR 1,23,810||INR 2,70,000||4|
From the above college list, we can easily analyse that the colleges that are giving best placement are Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda and Jindal School of Hotel Management.
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: Admission Process
There are a total of 23 colleges in Gujarat offering education in hotel management courses. The following graph shows the ratio of public and private colleges:
Source: Official Survey
Most institutes offering Diploma in Hotel Management courses admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of personal interview.
International Institute of Hotel Management Ahmedabad
IIHM Ahmdabad is ranked 2nd for offering Best Placements by GHRDC-CSR Hotel Management Institute Survey. It offers degrees as well as diplomas in the discipline of Hotel and Hospitality Administration, Hospitality Operations, and many more.
- The institute offers undergraduate and diploma in the field of Hotel and Hospitality Administration, Culinary Arts and Hospitality Operations, etc.
- Admission to IIHM Ahmedabad is done on the basis of marks secured in IIHM eCHAT.
- The highest salary offered to students was around INR 15-20 LPA.
- Top recruiters of the institute include Novotel, QT Hotels and Resorts, JW Marriott Hotel, International The Lalit, and many more.
Jindal School of Hotel Management
The institute is located in a prime locality in Vadodara i.e. Sayajigunj. It offers different courses of specialization in different departments like culinary and services.
- The institute offers hotel management courses in degree, diploma and 3-month certificate program.
- The college also offers courses like BBA in hotel and tourism management in association with Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University.
- Admission to Jindal School of Hotel Management is done on the basis of valid score in NCHMCT JEE.
- The top recruiters of the institute include Marriott Hotel, Sea Island Resorts, Grand Hyatt, Park Plaza, Kohinoor International, Taj Jai Mahal Palace & Towers, and many more.
|Top Hotel Management Colleges in Delhi||Top Hotel Management Colleges in Karnataka|
|Top Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai||Top Hotel Management Colleges in Odisha|
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: Entrance Exam-wise
Admission into any hotel management program in Gujarat is on the basis of several state-level entrance exams like AIMA UGAT, AIHMCT WAT, IIHM eCHAT, NCHMCT JEE. The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing the course is a 10+2 or equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized educational Board. Admission to the course is based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance exam or merit obtained in the last qualifying exam.
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: Accepting IIHM eCHAT
IIHM ECHAT is the entrance exam conducted by the International Institute of Hotel Management. It is a national level exam required for admission into hotel management programs.
- The application fee for the IIHM ECHAT is INR 600.
- The paper is attempted online and is organized by Edexcel.
- After the paper is attempted there is a group discussion and an interview round for admission.
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: Placement wise
The placements at hotel management colleges are offered by both domestic as well as international companies. Below are some of the recruiters that visit the colleges for the placements and hire the students for different roles in the hospitality sector.
|The Hyatt||Courtyard by Marriott|
|Taj Landmarks||The Radisson Blu|
The above list of companies hires the students for roles like Manager, Floor Assistant, Front Office Manager, Front Desk Assistant. The following graph shows the average salary package offered to the students in the top hotel management colleges in Gujarat:
Source: Official Website
- Top Hospitality Management Colleges in Gujarat
- Top Catering Management Colleges in Gujarat
- Top Catering Technology Colleges in Gujarat
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Gujarat: FAQs
Ques. What are the exams one must take for the admission in H.M. colleges?
Ans. To take admission in the hotel management colleges one must appear in entrance exams like AIMA UGAT, AIHMCT WAT, BVP CET, DTE HMCT, and many more.
Ques. What are the main recruiters for the students of Hotel Management courses?
Ans. ITC Group, Hyatt Hotels, Accor Groups are some of the top recruiters of the top Hotel Management and many more such groups of hotels that are into the hospitality sector.
Ques. What type of job does a pass-out get?
Ans. The pass-out gets the job of Store Manager, Floor Manager, Steward, Floor Supervisor and many more decorated posts in the hospitality sector.
Ques. What is the average salary of the student having a degree in hotel management?
Ans. The student can get the salary from 3.5LPA to 12LPA depending upon the calibre of the student and also on the company in which they are placed.
Ques. What is the scope of Hotel Management in the country?
Ans. An increase in the hospitality sector has increased the scope and demand of students with a degree in Hospitality Management.