IIT JAM 2021 will be conducted on February 14, 2021. The admit cards for IIT JAM 2021 will be available to download from Jan 11, 2021. The exam will be conducted in two sessions, with Biotechnology (BT), Mathematical Statistics (MS), and Physics (PH) scheduled in the first session. The second session includes Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), and Mathematics (MA). Download IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Day Guidelines are published by the Indian Institute of Science or IISC Bangalore. Some rules and regulations for the day of the examination will also be printed on the admit card. The candidate who desires to get admission in M. Sc and other various post-graduate programs offered by IIT JAM 2021 are required to go through all the guidelines carefully.
What Must Remember on IIT JAM 2021 Exam Day?
The candidate must keep in mind some following instructions as IIT JAM 2021 Exam Day Guidelines.
- Candidate need to cross-check their required documents like photo ID proof along with IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card and also other important things for the examination
- Candidate can keep a photocopy of their admit card and photo ID proof
- Candidate must reach the examination centre at least 30 minutes before starting the examination to accomplish all the procedures.
|Exam Date||Session and time||JAM Test Papers|
Feb 14, 2021
|Session 1, 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Biotechnology (BT), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH)|
|Session 2, 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM||Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Economics (EN) and Mathematics (MA)|
What Are Some Other Things to Do on IIT JAM 2021 Exam Day?
Candidates need to maintain all the rules and regulations mentioned below to complete the examination.
- After reaching the examination centre and complete all the formalities candidate must log in to the system at least 20 minutes before starting the examination to go through some instruction regarding the examination
- Candidate must check their seating arrangement before starting the examination
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to present their download IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card or Hall Ticket and the photo ID proof in original to the invigilator or instructor.
- Candidates are required to sign in front of the examiner in the examination hall.
- It is required for all candidate to write down their name as well as registration number on the scribble pad and also before starting the examination.
- Candidate should use the virtual calculator that will be provided by the authority to calculate all types of mathematical problems
Things Not Allowed in Exam Center
- It is strictly prohibited to carry electronic devices such as calculator, iPad, smartphone, smartwatch, blue tooth devices, etc and enter with those devices in the examination hall
- Candidates are also required to keep some other things such as bags, wallet, notebook, book outside the examination hall. They can carry a water bottle only and keep it with them.
- Candidate needs to do all the rough or scratchy work only on the scribble pad that will be provided to all the candidates by the authority.
Some Tips for IIT JAM 2021 Candidates
- To calculate and solve all the numerical problems, the candidate must be up to date with the shortcuts to perform well and submit the answer within time in the examination.
- Candidate should check all the questions by clicking on the tab “View All Questions Button” on the screen
- After browsing through all the questions candidate can click the particular section that they want to attempt
- After marking the answer, the candidate should always save the answer as there might be a chance of any difficulties with the system and for this reason, the data can be removed or not saved.
- Candidate can note down the number of the question, that is a bit difficult for them, on the scribble pad and try or mark the answer to that question later on after completing the answer or attempting all the question.
- Candidate should attempt the question that is known to them and mark the answer that they are confident in.
- After marking one question candidate need to go to the next question right away as some loss of time can create some difficulties to complete all the answer within the specified time in the examination.
- Candidate must be careful while calculating for the numerical questing or trying to solve the numerical questions as a little mistake can keep them away from a high score.
- Candidate must not spend a long time on a specific question as this may lead to losing the time to attempt the other questions in the examination.
- Candidate should answer all the question at least 10 or 12 minutes before the end of the examination
- It is necessary to recheck all the answers before submitting the answer sheet as in the last-minute checking, the candidate can find out some mistake and resolve it within time if possible, to avoid negative marking.
- Candidates can only leave the examination hall after submitting their answer sheet along with the scribble paper and also successful in completing all the formalities.
IIT JAM LAST MINUTE PREPARATION TIPS
Your last-minute revision is as important as the preparation you have already done. Here we give you some last-minute preparation tips for IIT JAM 2021 that you can rely on.
- Make a rough plan to cover up all the chapter (All the chapters should be covered)
- Stick to it. No excuse. Nothing.
- Take a standard book which is not so hard or not so easy. Average but most importantly in the trend.
- Calculate the total time (in days) that you have before JAM. Let’s say it is T.
- Now prepare basics/fundamentals for T/4 days as per syllabus of your JAM paper.
- For the next T/4 days revise basics/fundamentals and solve some problems on it from the book (same book that you used for basics).
- For next T/2 days solved previous year question papers.
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Day Guidelines FAQ
Ques. What will happen if I forgot to carry other documents in original on the day of the examination?
Ans. If you forget to bring the admit card in original you will not be allowed to sit for the examination. All the candidates must bring an ID proof in original as documents along with the downloaded admit card for verification.
Ques. Can I skip any question and attempt another question in the examination of IIT JAM 2021?
Ans. Yes, you can skip any question and attempt another question. And after completion of that question, you can come back to that unattempted question within the time of the examination.
Ques. Is there any marks deduction for any unattempt questions in the examination?
Ans. No, no marks will be deducted for any unattempted question.
Ques. Does it possible to leave the examination hall after submission the answer paper but before ending the exam hours?
Ans. No, you cannot leave the examination hall only after submission the examination paper as there will be some other formalities that you have to do and after completion of all this work, you can leave the examination hall. Not before that.
Ques. Can I keep the scribble pad with me?
Ans. No, you have to submit the scribble pad to the examiner after completing the examination.
Ques. Do I need to submit any photocopy of my documents on the day of the examination for IIT JAM 2021?
Ans. No, you do not have to submit any photocopy of the documents like any photo ID proof or admit card. You will have to only present those documents in original for verification to the invigilator at the time of the examination.