IIT JAM Results: The results for JAM exam will be released by IIT Kharagpur in March 2018. Visit the official portal (www. ) to check your results. The computer-based exam is scheduled for February 10 in two sessions. CheckIIT JAM Exam Pattern
All the registered candidates can download their admit cards for the exam from January 4. Download Now
For each test paper, an All India Merit list will be prepared based on AIR. The All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to all test takers based on their performance in IIT JAM. The number of candidates included in the list will depend on the total number of seats available in each category(OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject. Check IIT JAM Counselling 2019
- The results will be released in the form of scorecard.
- Enter the issued Enrolment ID/ Email ID, Password & JOAPS Password to access the document.
- It will represent the rank and merit secured by the JAM test-takers.
Check IIT JAM 2019 Cut off
Highlights of IIT JAM 2019 Results
|Declaration of Results||March 20, 2019 (tentative)|
|Conducting Body||IIT Kharagpur|
|Release of Scorecard||March 27 onwards|
|Details Required to Download||Enrolment ID/ Email ID, Password & JOAPS Password|
|Details on Scorecard||All India Rank and Score|
|Submission of Admission Form||April 03 - 17, 2019 (tentative)|
How to Check IIT JAM 2019 Result?
Candidates can check their result through online mode. The scorecard will contain scores obtained by candidate in the entrance test and overall percentile.
Steps to check IIT JAM 2019 result are given below:
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM i.e. jam.iitkgp.ac.in
- Click on the official link of JAM 2019 Result
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Enrolment ID/ Email ID, Password & JOAPS Password
- Candidates appearing for JAM 2019 exam can check their marks as well as qualifying status in the test paper.
- Download the JAM 2019 result sheet.
- Candidates should note that separate score card for JAM 2019 will be issued to qualified candidates which can be downloaded within the stipulated time period.
Note: If you forget your enrolment ID or password, click on the link given at the bottom of JOAPS page. Enter your email ID (used while registration) and date of birth. You will receive a link on the email ID and change your password accordingly.
Details Present in IIT JAM Result 2019
- Candidate must keep a hard copy of the score card required for the admission process.
- IIT JAM 2019 Scorecard will contain basic information of the candidate and their result.
- Some important instructions regarding the admission process are also given in the document.
The details mentioned on the score card are –
|Full name of the candidate||Registration number||Test paper code (according to subject chosen)||Number of candidates that have appeared for the test paper|
|Marks secured (out of 100)||All India Rank (AIR)||Category wise Qualifying Marks for the test paper||Photograph and Signature of Candidate|
IIT JAM 2019 Merit List
After the declaration of the result, IIT JAM Merit List will be prepared based on each candidate’s performance in a particular test paper.
- The merit list will contain the names of qualified students in order of ranks secured by them.
- Candidates who have appeared for the exam will be assigned an All India Rank (AIR) for each test paper in JAM 2019.
- The number of candidates in the merit list will depend on the number of seats available for each category for different courses. The merit list for each category will be prepared separately.
- Please note that the number of category wise (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) candidates included in the All India Merit List will be based on the category declared by the candidates in their application.
- Candidates who secure a position in the merit list can apply for the admission process to various courses in IITs and IISc.
- The merit list will be put up on the official website of JAM 2019 and the AIRs of each candidate will be given on the score card.
How to break a tie in JAM Result 2019?
The tie-breaking criterion for awarding the ranks to candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper will be as follows:
- The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a higher rank.
- If this criterion fails to break ties, the candidates concerned will be awarded the same rank.
IIT JAM Cut Off
Candidates will be able to check the cut off of JAM 2019 which is the minimum marks required for each subject to be shortlisted for admissions to the seats offered for the M.Sc programs in Participating Colleges of JAM 2019.
- Through cut off, candidates will be shortlisted for the admission in the M.Sc courses.
- The admission to the participating institutions will be offered on the basis of cut off.
- Candidates will be invited for the admission according to their preference of courses and cut off.
- The IIT JAM Cut off will be released subject-wise for all PG offered courses.
- All IITS and IISC will declare the separate cut off for admitting the candidates in their campuses.
|BL (Biological Sciences)||33.99||30.59||17||17||17|
|MS (Mathematical Statistics)||19.04||17.14||9.52||9.52||9.52|
IIT JAM 2019 Admission Process
Qualified candidates can apply for IIT JAM Admission procedure 2019. Candidates can apply by using their enrolment ID and password on the website. It is necessary to register on the website for admission. The information will be uploaded on the candidate’s login ID for which paper they have qualified the exam. Candidates have to prepare a list of programs and create the choice list. In admission form, if a candidate’s form will found incomplete, their IIT JAM 2019 Admission will be cancelled.
Important points regarding Admission:
- Verification of Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) is the mandatory steps towards admission.
- Admission will be offered only after the fulfillment of all eligibilities on prescribed dates.
- Admission will be provided in order of merit and it will also depend upon the availability of seats at the admitting institutions.
- Without all given below documents, no candidate will be allowed to sit in IIT JAM 2019 Counselling.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission –
- 10th Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Qualifying Degree
- If completed the degree: Marksheet of all semester/years
- If in final year: Marksheet till last year or semester
- Nationality Certificate for General category:
- Birth Certificate
- Voter ID
- First page of passport or School/College Transfer Certificate (CTC)
- Nationality Certificate issued by the authorized government agency
- Other Documents
- Valid category for OBC (NCL), SC, ST candidates
- For PwD candidates, valid PwD certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College