IIT JAM 2019 Application Form will be released in the month of September 2018. All registrations will have to be made through JOAPS (JAM Online Application Processing System) link provided at the official website. IIT Madras is set to conduct JAM 2019 in the second week of February 2019.
- Candidates will have to first register by providing name, email ID, mobile number and password.
- A unique enrollment ID will be given to every candidate for further login.
- The eligibility requirement (ER) and minimum educational qualification (MEQ) are different which must be satisfied by every candidate.
- Candidates in the final year of the appearing degree exam can also apply provided they complete it by the date given by the admitting institute.
- Application Fee is INR 1500 for one paper and INR 2100 for two papers for general and OBC-NCL candidates.
- Application fee can be paid both online and offline.
- Applicants must upload photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- The number of test paper and choice can be changed by paying an additional fee of INR 500.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form Highlights
|IIT JAM 2019 Registration ||September 05, 2018|
|Last date to fill Application Form||October 10, 2018|
|Minimum qualification to fill IIT JAM 2019 Application Form||Must have Bachelor’s degree with 55% aggregate marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Documents to be uploaded||Passport size photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression|
|IIT JAM Application Fee ||INR 1500 for 1 paper; INR 2100 for 2 papers (General/OBC)|
INR 750 for 1 paper; INR 1050 for 2 papers (SC/ST/PWD)
IIT JAM 2019 Application Dates
Candidates will have to keep a constant check on the dates related to application form so as to not miss out any event:
IIT JAM 2019 Eligibility
To apply for IIT JAM 2019, candidates will have to satisfy the basic IIT JAM Eligibility requirements as per the program one chooses. The basic requirements are:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum required marks.
- The minimum aggregate marks required for graduation is 55% for general category candidates.
- 5% relaxation is given to reserved category candidates in the marks required in the qualifying exam.
- For candidates acquiring letter grades/CGPA, the equivalent marks will be decided by the admitting institute.
- There will be no age criteria/restrictions to apply.
- Final year studying candidates are eligible to apply.
How to fill IIT JAM 2019 Application Form?
Candidates have to follow these steps to fill the IIT JAM application form:
Step-1: Register Online
Step-2: Log-In & Fill Details in Application
Step-3: Fee Payment
Step-4: Print Application Form
Step 1: Register Online
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM i.e. jam.iitb.ac.in
- Click on that link.
- A registration window (JOAPS) will appear on the screen.
Step 2: Make Registration
- Enter all the required details in the registration form such as Candidates Name, Email ID, Mobile Number and other details.
- After filling the details, click on “submit” button
- After successful registration, students will receive an Enrollment ID sent to the registered email ID and Contact Number.
Step 3: Fill Details in the Application Form
- Candidates are required to use their Enrollment ID and Password to login to the website.
- After login, candidates are needed to click on “Edit Application Form” & fill the following details.
Step 4: JAM 2019 Exam Details
- Enter JAM 2019 exam details like no. of paper, paper subject and exam city preferences.
Step 5: Applicant Personal Details
- Parent/guardian’s name & mobile number, city preferences, number and choice of test paper(s), date of birth, gender, address for communication, category & PwD status and other required details.
- In this step, candidates will have to verify their email id and mobile number by entering the OTPs given to them through their mail and contact sms.
Step 6: Communication Details
- Enter the proper address with details of valid personal ID information (give ID proof number).
Step 7: Qualification Details
- Qualifying degree, percentage of marks/CGPA, year of passing, college name and address, etc.
Step 8: Upload Scanned Images
- Go through the upload images option.
- Choose the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificate (if applicable) one by one and upload them.
- Candidates are suggested to prepare the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificate as per the specification given below:
- The photograph should be colored with White or a very light background.
- Image should be taken after 1st August 2018.
- The image should be in JPEG format with 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm dimensions.
- The size of the JPEG image can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel).
- Minimum pixel size of the JPEG image can be 240 X 320. File size of the image should be in the range of 5 KB to 200 KB.
- The face should occupy about 50% of the area.
- Mobile phone & other self-composed portraits are not accepted.
- The signature should be put in a rectangular box size 7 cm × 2 cm (width x height) on an A4 white paper.
- Signature must be done with black or dark blue ink.
- The image should be in JPEG format with 160 x 560(maximum pixel resolution) and 80 x 280 (minimum pixel resolution).
- File size of the image should be in the range of 5 KB to 100 KB.
Step 9: Fee Payment
- After uploading the images, candidates can proceed to make the fee payment. The application fee can be paid through online and offline mode.
- In online mode, the fee payment can be done through debit/credit card or net banking account. Candidates are required to enter the payment details and pay the application fee.
- In offline mode, students are required to take printout of the e-challan form and submit the application fee to the nearest branch of SBI Bank.
Step 10: Print Application Form
- After completing all steps of the application form, students can take the printout of the filled application form.
- Students are suggested to keep safe the printed application form for further use.
- There is no need to send the printed application form to the authority.
The fee can be paid through Net-banking/debit card/credit card. The application fee details are given here:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||INR 750||INR 1050|
|All Others||INR 1000||INR 2100|
Details Required For IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form requires important details of the applicant which should be filled accurately. The information provided will be used in the future admission proceedings. The documents that should be kept ready for applying for IIT JAM 2019 are:
- Class 10 Mark sheet and certificate.
- Class 12 Mark sheet and passing certificate. If only CGPA is mentioned in class 10 and class 12 mark sheets, enter the CGPA in aggregate marks field after converting in the percentile form.
- Qualifying degree Mark-Sheets and certificate (Graduation).
- Nationality Certificate.
- Caste or Category certificate.
- PWD Certificate.
- After paying the JAM 2019 Application fee, scan the Institute's copy of E-Challan and upload the same before the last date of application form submission on the official website.
How to Retrieve Lost Enrolment ID/Password?
Candidates can retrieve their IIT JAM enrollment ID or password if they happen to lose/forget it by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of IIT JAM.
- In the Home page, click on candidate portal.
- You will find a tab ‘Forgot Enrolment ID’ or ‘Password’.
- If you remember the Enrolment ID and have forgotten the password "Request for an OTP" to get One Time Password.
- If you already have an OTP, click on "Already have an OTP?" to reset the password.
- If you do not remember the Enrolment ID, click on "Forgot Enrolment ID" to get Enrolment ID via SMS.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form Correction
IIT JAM candidatesare also allowed to make minor and important corrections in their online application forms for IIT JAM 2019 after the application filling process is over. You are required to send an email to the authority within the given time limit from your IIT JAM 2019 registered email id along with the relevant documents. The email should be subjected to “Correction in data (enrollment number)”.
The corrections in the Application form are permitted for the following details:
- Candidate’s Name (only minor spelling with document proof)
- Date of Birth (minor change in date/ month/ year with document proof)
- Parent/Guardian’s Name (only minor spelling with document proof)
- Category (with document proof)
Note: The dates for correction in IIT JAM 2019 Application Form will be announced by the officials on their website after the application process is over.
Candidates can check the status of their application form by logging in to the official site. Any discrepancy in the application will not be entertained after the issue of IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card. When a form is successfully submitted, one can view their application form status and check for errors. Any mistake can be corrected by contacting the authority immediately.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College