IIT JAM 2020 Application Form Correction, Dates, Fee and Process
IIT, Kanpur has open the application form correction window on October 18, 2019. Candidates who wish to make changes in JAM 2020 application form can do the same by visiting the official website. Last date to correct the application form is May 25, 2020. Candidates can make changes in category, test centres, and PwD status by paying a nominal fee of INR 500.
- The exam conducting body released IIT JAM 2020 Application Form on September 4, 2019. Candidates were allowed to fill the application form till May 24, 2020.
- IIT Kanpur has scheduled JAM 2020 for February 9, 2020.
- The examination will be conducted in two sessions in a computer-based mode.
- Admit cards will be available from January 7, 2020 at the official portal.
- Candidates can attempt the test paper in English medium only.
Direct link to IIT JAM 2020 Application Form Correction
IIT JAM Registration Facts
- Applications can be submitted on JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) only.
- Official Website: jam.iitk.ac.in
- Application Fee: The fee varies as per candidate’s category and no. of papers opted.
- Multiple applications submitted are liable for rejection.
Highlights of IIT JAM Application Form
|Minimum qualification Requirement||Bachelor’s degree with 55% aggregate marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Documents to be uploaded||Passport size photo, signature, and left-hand thumb impression|
|IIT JAM Application Fee ||INR 1500 for 1 paper; INR 2100 for 2 papers (General/OBC)|
INR 750 for 1 paper; INR 1050 for 2 papers (SC/ST/PWD)
IIT JAM 2020 Application Dates
Candidates will have to keep a constant check on the dates related to the application form so as to not miss out any event:
|Release of IIT JAM Online Form ||September 4 – May 24, 2020|
|IIT JAM Form Correction Facility||May 25, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||January 7, 2020|
|IIT JAM Exam Date 2020||February 9, 2020 – Check JAM Exam Pattern|
IIT JAM 2020 Eligibility
To apply for IIT JAM 2020, candidates will have to satisfy the basic IIT JAM Eligibility requirements as per the program one chooses. The basic requirements are:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum required marks.
- The minimum aggregate marks required for graduation is 55% for general category candidates.
- 5% relaxation is given to reserved category candidates in the marks required in the qualifying exam.
- For candidates acquiring letter grades/CGPA, the equivalent marks will be decided by the admitting institute.
- There will be no age criteria/restrictions to apply.
- Final year studying candidates are eligible to apply.
Download Free IIT JAM Sample Papers
How to fill IIT JAM 2020 Application Form?
Candidates have to follow these steps to fill the IIT JAM application form:
Step 1: Register Online
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM i.e. jam.iitkgp.ac.in
- Click on ‘Application Login (JOAPS )’ link.
- A registration window will appear on the screen.
Step 2: Make Registration
- Enter all the required details in the form such as Candidates Name, Email ID, Mobile Number and other details.
- Click on “Submit” button
- After successful registration, students will receive an Enrollment ID sent to the registered email ID and Contact Number.
Step 3: Fill Details in the Application Form
- Candidates are required to use their Enrollment ID and Password to login to the website.
- After login, candidates are needed to click on “Edit Application Form” & fill the following details.
Step 4: JAM 2020 Exam Details
- Enter JAM 2020 exam details like no. of paper, paper subject and exam city preferences.
Step 5: Applicant Personal Details
- Parent/guardian’s name & mobile number, city preferences, number and choice of test paper(s), date of birth, gender, address for communication, category & PwD status and other required details.
- In this step, candidates will have to verify their email id and mobile number by entering the OTPs given to them through their mail and contact sms.
Step 6: Communication Details
- Enter the proper address with details of valid personal ID information (give ID proof number).
Step 7: Qualification Details
- Qualifying degree, percentage of marks/CGPA, year of passing, college name and address, etc.
Step 8: Upload Scanned Images
- Go through the upload images option.
- Choose the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificate (if applicable) one by one and upload them.
- Candidates are suggested to prepare the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificate as per the specification given below:
Candidates must upload only good quality color photograph. JAM Score Card will be printed with the photograph you submit. The photograph must match with your appearance on the day of the examination.
- Background Color: White or a very light color.
- Format: JPEG/ JPG format
- Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm dimensions (Width × Height).
- Size: 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel).
- File size: 5 KB to 200 KB.
- Image should be taken after 1st August 2018 in a professional studio.
- The face should occupy about 50% of the area.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair, any cloth or any shadow.
- Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
- Mobile phone & other self-composed portraits are not accepted.
- Background Color: A4 White paper
- Format: JPEG/ JPG format
- Dimension: 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width).
- Size: 160×560 in pixels.
- File size: 5 KB to 100 KB.
Step 9: Fee Payment
- After uploading the images, candidates can proceed to make the fee payment. The application fee can be paid through online and offline mode.
- In online mode, the fee payment can be done through debit/credit card or net banking account. Candidates are required to enter the payment details and pay the application fee.
- In offline mode, students are required to take printout of the e-challan form and submit the application fee to the nearest branch of SBI Bank.
Step 10: Print Application Form
- After completing all steps of the application form, students can take the printout of the filled application form.
- Students are suggested to keep safe the printed application form for further use.
- There is no need to send the printed application form to the authority.
The fee can be paid through Net-banking/debit card/credit card. The application fee details are given here:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||INR 750||INR 1050|
|All Others||INR 1000||INR 2100|
Details Required For IIT JAM 2020 Application Form
IIT JAM 2020 Application Form requires important details of the applicant which should be filled accurately. The information provided will be used in the future admission proceedings. The documents that should be kept ready for applying for IIT JAM 2020 are:
- Class 10 Mark sheet and certificate.
- Class 12 Mark sheet and passing certificate. If only CGPA is mentioned in class 10 and class 12 mark sheets, enter the CGPA in aggregate marks field after converting in the percentile form.
- Qualifying degree Mark-Sheets and certificate (Graduation).
- Nationality Certificate.
- Caste or Category certificate.
- PWD Certificate.
- After paying the JAM 2020 Application fee, scan the Institute's copy of E-Challan and upload the same before the last date of application form submission on the official website.
How to Retrieve Lost Enrolment ID/Password?
Candidates can retrieve their IIT JAM enrollment ID or password if they happen to lose/forget it by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of IIT JAM.
- In the Home page, click on candidate portal.
- You will find a tab ‘Forgot Enrolment ID’ or ‘Password’.
- If you remember the Enrolment ID and have forgotten the password "Request for an OTP" to get One Time Password.
- If you already have an OTP, click on "Already have an OTP?" to reset the password.
- If you do not remember the Enrolment ID, click on "Forgot Enrolment ID" to get Enrolment ID via SMS.
IIT JAM Application Form Correction
Applicants will be provided with a one-time facility to make changes or correct errors in their online forms for IIT JAM 2020. The correction window opens after the registration concludes. You are required to send an email to the authority within the given time limit from your IIT JAM 2020 registered email id along with the relevant documents. The email should be subjected to “Correction in data (enrollment number)”.
The corrections in the Application form are permitted for the following details:
- Candidate’s Name (only minor spelling with document proof)
- Date of Birth (minor change in date/ month/ year with document proof)
- Parent/Guardian’s Name (only minor spelling with document proof)
- Category (with document proof)
- Exam Center – Check Now
Note: The dates for correction in IIT JAM 2020 Application Form are announced by the officials on their website after the application process is over.
Candidates can check the status of their application form by logging in to the official site. Any discrepancy in the application will not be entertained after the issue of IIT JAM 2020 Admit Card. When a form is successfully submitted, one can view their application form status and check for errors. Any mistake can be corrected by contacting the authority immediately.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College