IIT Kharagpur will start the IIT JAM 2019 Counselling in the first week of April 2019. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of AIR secured by the candidates in the examination. IIT JAM 2019 is scheduled for February 10 in two sessions.
Candidates whose name appear in JAM Merit List are eligible to apply for admission to the corresponding academic programs available at IITs. They have to apply by filling an online Application Form for Admission (henceforth called Admission Form) available only at JAM 2019 website (www.jam.iitkgp.ac.in).
- The admission process will tentatively start from June 2 and will end on July 3.
- The admission process will be ONLINE only. Know more
- Based on the test paper(s) qualified, a candidate can apply to one/ more academic programs covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institute(s). IIT JAM Result 2019
IIT JAM 2019 Merit List
- IIT JAM Merit List will be published on or after March 20, 2019.
- The list will be based on AIR.
- The number of candidates considered in the All India Merit List depends on the total number of seats reserved for each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in each individual subject.
- The qualified candidates will be considered eligible to apply for admission to any of the relevant academic programs at IISc and IITs.
- IIT JAM 2019 Score card which contains the All India Ranks secured by the candidates and marks scored by them, will be available for download on JAM website.
Check IIT JAM 2019 Cut off
Tie Breaking Procedure in IIT JAM 2019
The exam conducting authority will follow a tie-breaking procedure in case two or more candidates have scored the same aggregate marks, for the purpose of awarding ranks.
- Candidates with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be awarded higher ranks.
- In case, the tie still persists then the candidates concerned will be awarded same ranks.
IIT JAM 2019 Counselling Schedule
|Submission of the Admission Form for IIT JAM 2019||April 12-25, 2019|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category in proper format/rectification of defective documents at IIT Delhi||May 10, 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 02, 2019|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||June 20, 2019|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List and the Closure of Admissions through JAM 2019||July 3, 2019|
IIT JAM 2019 Admission Procedure
For the academic session 2019-20, the following admission procedure shall be followed for all the Programs at IITs covered under JAM 2019.
Step 1: Visit the official website and login using the issued login credentials.
Step 2: Enter all the required details such as choice of programs in order of preference, educational qualification, aggregate/CGPA, category, etc.
Step 3: After filling the program preference and proceeding to payment, E-challan, of amount INR 600, will be generated.
Step 4: Take the printout of E-Challan and visit the nearest branch of State bank of India by April 25, 2019 (tentative).
- The payment has to be made in cash only.
- The payment will be non-refundable.
- Bank charges will also be applicable
- After making the payment, get the SBI-stamped IIT JAM 2019 copy of E-Challan scanned and upload the scanned image on the admission website in JPEG/PDF format.
- The admission forms will be rejected if it is found incomplete or the payment is not successful, irrespective of satisfying the ER and MEQ.
- OBC-NCL category candidates must upload a valid certificate along with the admission form after the declaration of IIT JAM 2019 Results. Failing to do so, the candidate will be considered in General Category.
- Applicant will be considered for admissions only to the program(s), given in their Admission Form.
- In order of preference filled by candidates and subject to the availability of seats, the admission list will be released on the official website.
CheckIIT JAM Eligibility
Three admission lists will be released as per the schedule is given below:
First Admission List
Date: June 2, 2019 (tentative)
Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day. Candidates have to submit the acceptance letter and pay an advance seat booking fee through E-Challan through State bank of India before the last date mentioned in the offer letter. The amount will be adjusted in the institute fee at the time of registration.
Candidates belonging to General/OBC-NCL category have to pay INR 10000 as advance seat booking fee. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category are required to pay INR 5000 as advance seat booking fee.
Second Admission List
Date: June 20, 2019 (tentative)
If seats remain vacant after the First Admission process, the second admission list will be released by the organizing institute. Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day. Candidates offered admission through second list, have to submit the acceptance letter and pay an advance seat booking fee through E-Challan through State bank of India before the last date mentioned in the offer letter. The amount will be adjusted in the institute fee at the time of registration.
Candidates belonging to General/OBC-NCL category have to pay INR 10000 as advance seat booking fee. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category have to pay INR 5000 as advance seat booking fee.
Third Admission List
Date: July 3, 2019 (tentative)
If seats remain vacant even after the Second Admission process, the third admission list will be released by the organizing institute. Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day.
Third Admission List will be the last list and the admission process for IIT JAM 2019 will be completed.
- If a qualified candidate is allotted a seat in the First Admission List and if the offer of admission is accepted, the lower preferences of the candidate will be automatically cancelled. However, the candidate will remain on the waiting list for all the higher preferences
- Qualified candidates, who are not allotted any seat in First/Second Admission List, will remain on the waiting list in the next round of admission(s). If a qualified candidate fails to accept an admission offer, he/she will not be considered further in the admission process
- Admissions will be made in order of merit and depend on the number of seats available at the Admitting Institute(s)
- For any query regarding the eligibility criteria, candidate must contact the Admitting Institute only. The IIT JAM organizing institute will not answer any query in this regard
- Having a name in the Merit List of any test paper neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement for admission. Admissions shall be made in order of merit and depending on the number of seats available at the Admitting Institute(s), subject to the above conditions.
Check IIT JAM Participating Colleges
IIT JAM Admission Procedure
Once an offer is received, applicants can log into JOAPS portal and choose one of the three options viz.
- Accept and Freeze
- Accept with Upgrade
- Reject and Quit
Accept and Freeze:
- By choosing "Accept and Freeze", the Applicant accepts the offered seat and would not like to upgrade to his/ her higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent rounds (if applicable).
- The applicant also will not be considered for admission in the subsequent rounds (if any).
Accept with Upgrade:
- By choosing "Accept with Upgrade", the Applicant accepts the offered seat and would like to upgrade to his/ her higher preferences in the subsequent rounds (if any).
Reject and Quit:
- By choosing "Reject and Quit", the Applicant rejects the offered seat and would not like to continue in the admission process by JAM 2019.
- The seat offered to the Applicant would be cancelled and he/ she will not be considered further in the JAM 2019 Admission process.
- For "Accept and Freeze" and "Accept with Upgrade" decisions, the Applicant will be directed to the ONLINE payment portal to pay the "Seat Booking Fee" of:
- General/ OBC-NCL category – INR 10000
- SC/ ST/ PwD category – INR 5000
- The payment has to be made using credit card/ debit card/ netbanking (additional charges apply depending on mode of payment).
- No challan payment is accepted.
- This amount will be transferred to the Admitting Institute and will be adjusted against the Institute Fee at the time of Admission.
- For "Reject and Quit" decision, the Applicant will receive a One Time Password (OTP) in their registered mobile number. The OTP has to be entered to confirm the decision.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College