IIT JAM Counselling 2020 Dates(Extended) - Admission Process and Documents Required
IIT JAM Admission and Counselling Process dates have been extended. According to the revised schedule candidates can fill application form May 24, 2020. Admission process has been started by IIT Kanpur from April 20, 2020. The exam was successfully conducted on February 9 and results were declared earlier than expected on March 16, 2020. The delay in admission process was caused due to COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown pan India. Candidates whose name appear in IIT JAM Merit List are eligible to apply for admission in the corresponding academic programs available at IITs, NITs, IISc, IISERs, etc. In order to apply, candidates would need to fill an online Application Form for admission on the official website jam.iitkgp.ac.in.
- Candidates need to submit the admission form before May 24, 2020 by submitting fee of INR 600 inonline mode.
- Based on the test paper(s) qualified, a candidate can apply to one more academic programs covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfilment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institute(s). IIT JAM Result 2020
- IIT Kanpur has issued an advisory regarding document verification stating that in case candidates are facing issues getting relevant documents due to COVID lockdown which can be verifiedat the scrutiny stage of admission.
- Last date to submit the relvant documents is September 30, 2020 to the college granting admission offer.
Direct link to IIT JAM 2020 Admission Form (JOAPS)
Note: As mentioned by the conducting body of IIT JAM, due to limited staff owing to the lockdown they are not ,much responsive to candidates quesries and emails. DownloadIIT JAM 2020 Document Undertaking Template
For admission to MSc courses in NITs and Centrally Funded Institutes(CFIs), MNIT Jaipur has started the centralised counselling also known as CCMN counselling process. Candidates with valid IIT JAM 2020 Score can Apply and fill choices from May 18 to June 12, 2020
. Click here to register for CCMN 2020
IIT JAM 2020 Counselling Schedule
IIT JAM 2020 Counselling Schedule (Revised)
|Submission of the Admission Form for IIT JAM 2020||April 20-May 24, 2020 (Open)|
|Last Date for receipt of the request for change of category in proper format/rectification of defective documents at IIT Delhi||May 25, 2020|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 29, 2020|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||July 14, 2020|
|Declaration of Third Admission List||July 29, 2020|
|Declaration of Final Admission List and the Closure of Admissions through JAM 2020||July 20, 2020|
Must Read News
How to Fill IIT JAM Counselling Form?
How to Fill IIT JAM 2020 Counselling Form?
For the academic session 2020-21, the following admission procedure shall be followed for all the programs at IITs covered under JAM 2020.
Step 1: Visit the official website and log in using the issued login credentials.
Step 2: Enter all the required details such as choice of programs in order of preference, educational qualification, aggregate/CGPA, category, etc.
Step 3: After filling the program preference and proceeding to payment, E-challan, of amount INR 600, will be generated.
Step 4: Take the printout of E-Challan and visit the nearest branch of State bank of India.
- The payment has to be made in cash only.
- The payment will be non-refundable.
- Bank charges will also be applicable
- After making the payment, get the SBI-stamped IIT JAM 2020 copy of E-Challan scanned and upload the scanned image on the admission website in JPEG/PDF format.
- The admission forms will be rejected if it is found incomplete or the payment is not successful, irrespective of satisfying the ER and MEQ.
- OBC-NCL category candidates must upload a valid certificate along with the admission form after the declaration of IIT JAM 2020 Results. Failing to do so, the candidate will be considered in General Category.
- The applicant will be considered for admissions only to the program(s), given in their Admission Form.
- In order of preference filled by candidates and subject to the availability of seats, the admission list will be released on the official website.
Documents Required in IIT JAM Counselling
Documents Required in IIT JAM 2020 Counselling
Mandatory Documents required are: IIT JAM Scorecard, Application Form copy and Admit card. In addition following documents are prerequisite:
|Class 10th Marksheet/ Certificate||Class 12th Marksheet/ Certificate|
|Qualifying Degree Marksheet of all Semesters/Years||Birth Certificate of the Candidate issued by Competant Authority|
|Voter ID of the Candidate issued by Election Commission of India||ID proving Nationality of the Candidate|
|First page of passport or a School Leaving Certificate||Certificate proving Reservation Category of the Candidate |
|Valid Disability Certificate for PwD Candidates|
CheckIIT JAM Eligibility
IIT JAM Admission List
IIT JAM 2020 Admission List
- If a qualified candidate is allotted a seat in the First Admission List and if the offer of admission is accepted, the lower preferences of the candidate will be automatically cancelled. However, the candidate will remain on the waiting list for all the higher preferences
- Qualified candidates, who are not allotted any seat in First/Second Admission List, will remain on the waiting list in the next round of admission(s). If a qualified candidate fails to accept an admission offer, he/she will not be considered further in the admission process
- Admissions will be made in order of merit and depend on the number of seats available at the Admitting Institute(s)
- For any query regarding the eligibility criteria, the candidate must contact the Admitting Institute only. The IIT JAM organizing institute will not answer any query in this regard
- Having a name in the Merit List of any test paper neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement for admission. Admissions shall be made in order of merit and depending on the number of seats available at the Admitting Institute(s), subject to the above conditions.
Check IIT JAM Participating Colleges
Three admission lists will be released as per the schedule is given below:
First Admission List
Date: June 30, 2020
Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day. Candidates have to submit the acceptance letter and pay an advance seat booking fee through E-Challan through State bank of India before the last date mentioned in the offer letter. The amount will be adjusted in the institute fee at the time of registration.
Candidates belonging to General/OBC-NCL category have to pay INR 10000 as an advance seat booking fee. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category are required to pay INR 5000 as an advance seat booking fee.
Second Admission List
Date: July 15, 2020
If seats remain vacant after the First Admission process, the second admission list will be released by the organizing institute. Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day. Candidates offered admission through the second list, have to submit the acceptance letter and pay an advance seat booking fee through E-Challan through State bank of India before the last date mentioned in the offer letter. The amount will be adjusted in the institute fee at the time of registration.
Candidates belonging to General/OBC-NCL category have to pay INR 10000 as an advance seat booking fee. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category have to pay INR 5000 as advance seat booking fee.
Third Admission List
Date: July 20, 2020
If seats remain vacant even after the Second Admission process, the third admission list will be released by the organizing institute. Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day.
Third Admission List will be the last list and the admission process for IIT JAM will be completed.
IIT JAM 2020 Admission Procedure
Once an offer is received, applicants can log into JOAPS portal and choose one of the three options viz.
- Accept and Freeze
- Accept with Upgrade
- Reject and Quit
Accept and Freeze
- By choosing "Accept and Freeze", the Applicant accepts the offered seat and would not like to upgrade to his/ her higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent rounds (if applicable).
- The applicant also will not be considered for admission in the subsequent rounds (if any).
Accept with Upgrade
- By choosing "Accept with Upgrade", the Applicant accepts the offered seat and would like to upgrade to his/ her higher preferences in the subsequent rounds (if any).
Reject and Quit
- By choosing "Reject and Quit", the Applicant rejects the offered seat and would not like to continue in the admission process by JAM 2020.
- The seat offered to the Applicant would be cancelled and he/ she will not be considered further in the JAM 2020 Admission process.
Points to Keep in Mind during IIT JAM Admission Process
- For "Accept and Freeze" and "Accept with Upgrade" decisions, the Applicant will be directed to the ONLINE payment portal to pay the "Seat Booking Fee" of:
- General/ OBC-NCL category – INR 10000
- SC/ ST/ PwD category – INR 5000
- The payment has to be made using credit card/ debit card/ net banking (additional charges apply depending on the mode of payment).
- No challan payment is accepted.
- This amount will be transferred to the Admitting Institute and will be adjusted against the Institute Fee at the time of Admission.
- For "Reject and Quit" decision, the Applicant will receive a One Time Password (OTP) in their registered mobile number. The OTP has to be entered to confirm the decision.
IIT JAM Admission Fee
IIT JAM 2020 Admission Fee
Acceptance form needs to be submitted with advance seat booking fee:
|Category||Seat Booking Fee|
|General OBC-NCL||INR 10,000|
IIT JAM Merit List
IIT JAM 2020 Merit List
- IIT JAM Merit List was published on March 16, 2020.
- The Merit List list is based on AIR.
- The number of candidates considered in the All India Merit List depends on the total number of seats reserved for each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in each individual subject.
- The qualified candidates will be considered eligible to apply for admission to any of the relevant academic programs at IISc and IITs.
- IIT JAM 2020 Scorecard which contains the All India Ranks secured by the candidates and marks scored by them, will be available for download on JAM website.
Check IIT JAM 2020 Cut off
Tie-Breaking Procedure in IIT JAM 2020
The exam conducting authority will follow a tie-breaking procedure in case two or more candidates have scored the same aggregate marks, for the purpose of awarding ranks.
- Candidates with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be awarded higher ranks.
- In case, the tie still persists then the candidates concerned will be awarded same ranks.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College