The Ohio State University is a public university established in Columbus, Ohio, United States. Established in 1870 as the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College, the university is the third largest in the US based on campus area.
The university offers over 400 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. The most popular programs offered are –
- Psychology, General
- Speech Communication and Rhetoric
- Finance, General
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General
Why Choose Ohio State University?
- The university had an endowment of USD 4.2 billion in 2017.
- It considered the 16th best university in the US.
- It has over 1000 student organizations as a part of extensive student life program.
- The university is a member of Big Ten Conference for majority of sports.
- The alumni pool includes Nobel Laureates, Pulitzer Prize winners, Olympic Gold Medalists, Fortune 500 CEOs and more.
|Annual Endowment||5.2 billion USD|
|Student Retention Rate||94%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||32%|
|Annual cost of Attendance||46,051 USD|
Programs and Schools at Ohio State University
OSU offers more than 200 undergraduate majors, 166 graduate degrees, and 120 doctoral programs under the following 15 schools and colleges –
- Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture
- Fisher College of Business
- College of Dentistry
- College of Education and Human Ecology
- College of Engineering
- College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
- Graduate School
- College of Medicine
- Michael E. Moritz College of Law
- College of Nursing
- College of Optometry
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Social Work
Campus and Residence at Ohio State University
OSU has a 147-year old main campus at Columbus which is easily accessible from five more regional campuses at Lima, Marion, Mansfield, Newark, and ATI Wooster.
The university has 38 on-campus residences and requires all the first and second year full time students to live on-campus.
Ohio State University Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for Admission into Ohio State University
- Test Scores - SAT/ACT for UG programs; GRE/GMAT for graduate programs
- English language proficiency test – TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB
- Letter of Recommendation (optional for UG applicants)
- Statement of Intent
- CV or Resume
- Proof of Financial Support
- Applications for UG programs are to be submitted through either Common Application or Coalition Application
- Applications for graduate programs are to be submitted on the official website.
- Application fee for UG programs is USD 75 and for graduate programs is USD 70.
Ohio State University Cost of Attentance
The estimated annual average cost of attendance of studying at Ohio State University is tabulated below –
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and fees||30,742|
|Room and board/living||12,474|
|Books and supplies||1,168|
|Total Estimated Cost||48,112|
Scholarship and Financial Aids offered by Ohio State University
- Ohio State University provides financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans and work-study program.
- The average annual need-based scholarship offered is of USD 10,325.
- Around 47% of UG students receive some form of financial aid.
The OSU alumni network has more than 500,000 people in over 100 countries around the world. The university connects them through various events, athletics, alumni awards etc.
The alumni association provides these people with benefits like career services, job search, resume handling, job board, and career advising.