Lambton College is an institution of applied arts and technology in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. Established in the year 1966, the college offers more than a few post-secondary, degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship, academic upgrading, graduate, and online education courses at different fields of study.
- Recently launched Centre of Excellence in Energy and Bio- Industrial Technologies providing education to students and corporate partners.
- Co-op Internships and Work Placements for Sports and Recreation Management students.
- KSPFN of Lambton College introduced a cube to provide entrepreneurial education and support for its residents.
- Offers corporate training and fire training
- Applied research facilities are also available
- The college has international campuses in China
Lambton on the roll- Achievements and Acknowledgements
- National leader in applied research activity as per Research Infosource Inc. in the list of Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges.
- First in Canada for the number of paid research students at a medium-sized college
- Second place in Canada for the number of partnerships at a medium-sized college
- Ranked at the fifth position in Canada for research intensity
- At sixth place in Canada for research growth.
|Type of college||Public|
|Location||Sarnia, Mississauga, Toronto|
|Tuition fee||Depends on the type of course|
|Test scores accepted||IELTS- 6.0, PTE- 59|
Student Intake Status
|International students in campus||500+|
|International students worldwide||3,500+|
Lambton College has its campuses in the following locations:
- 1457 London Road, Sarnia, ON N7S 6K4 (main campus). It has the majority of the classrooms and staff and faculty offices. It houses the Suncor Sustainability Centre, the Lambton College Residence and Event Centre, the Sustainable Smart Home, the Skilled Trades Training Centre and the North Building.
- Brunel Road, Mississauga. Opened in partnership with Queens College, this campus is for international students.
- Yorkland Blvd, Toronto. Opened in partnership with Cestar College, this campus is for international students.
- Jilin University-Lambton College (JLU-LC) in Changchun, Jilin Province, China (international campus). Business Administration (Finance and Banking, General, International Business, Accounting, Management Information Systems), Hospitality and Tourism Administration, and Automotive Industry Management are the programs offered.
- Southern Yangtze University-Lambton College (SYU-LC) in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China (international campus). Business Administration (Finance and Banking, General, International Business, International Accounting, Management Information Systems, Marketing), and Hospitality and Tourism Administration are the programs offered.
Choose your Program
Lambton College offers over 90 study programs in 8 fields of study.
Types of courses
|Award of Recognition||Board of Governors Certificate|
|School-College-Work Initiative||Second Career|
Fields of study
- Business & Creative Design, Liberal Studies & English
- Community Services
- Computer Studies
- Fire Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Online & Continuing Education
- Technology, Energy & Apprenticeship
Students registered at a high school in Ontario can complete credits at Lambton College and can receive high school credits as well through the School-Within-A-College program. Eight or fewer credits are needed to be obtained in order to become eligible for applying.
Apply at Lambton College
- Applicants for all the full-time programs are required to visit ontariocolleges.ca to apply
- You can apply to a maximum of five programs and three program choices at any one college
- After filling up the form, the applicants are needed to submit the application fees
- After a successful completion of the application process, the college authority will provide the applicants with usernames and passwords for their e-mail and WebAdvisor accounts
- Any further changes to the application will be made only through this portal
- Documents that are needed to be owned by the international applicants prior to beginning the application are:
- Official copies of high school/post-secondary transcripts, diplomas and degrees
- IELTS or TOEFL score as per program admission requirements as the proof of English language proficiency
- Signed Notice of Disclosure form
- Signed Toronto or Mississauga Supplemental Registration Agreement for Lambton in Toronto and Lambton in Mississauga applicants
- The non-refundable and non-transferable application fee for the international candidates is $150 CAD payable by VISA or MasterCard
- All the international applicants are required to make the pre-payment for the approximate amount of the first year of tuition
- After a successful submission of the payment, the students are required to collect the Canadian study permit
- A valid visa is required in order to study in Canada
The tuition fee of studying at Lambton College differs according to the course and area of study chosen by the candidate. The students may get the detail of the tuition fee in the respective program pages. In addition to the main tuition fees, the students are required to pay the following fees as well:
|Registration Fee||$129.36 annually|
|Student Activity Fee||$68.95 per term|
|Student Centre Building Fee||$75.00|
|Athletic Fee||$53.56 per term|
|Technology Access Fee||$105.87 per term|
|Student Health Fee||$33.44|
|Extra tuition fee for international students||$4,299.35 per term|
|Facilities Fee||$43.75 annually|
Lambton College has a spacious residential area that can provide housing facility to 280 students. 140 shared rooms are available there. The expenditure of living at Lambton, including the meal plans and other expenses, are given here in detail:
|Refundable Damage Deposit||$250|
The features of the rooms are:
- Two double extra long beds
- Two small tables with chairs and desk lights
- Two armoires with the mantelpiece
- One washroom
- Small fridge and microwave
Additional facilities include:
- Wireless internet
- Cable television
The college provides the students with the opportunity to choose living area outside of the campus. The college has a partnership with Places4Students.com and together they help students in finding their lodging places near Lambton College.
In order to help the students economically, the college offers various options. The willing candidates can choose the suitable ones according to their needs and preferences.
Scholarships and bursaries:
Scholarships and bursaries are awarded through various donors associated with Lambton College for the following factors:
- Academic excellence
- Extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
- Financial need
Loans are granted for the candidates by Ontario Student Assistance Program or OSAP. The full-time students having a family income of less than $50,000 per annum are considered to be automatically eligible for the OSAP financial help. Emergency loans are provided to the students by the college authority in any kind of urgent situation or crisis.
Work and learn
The full-time students are offered the opportunity of working while studying at Lambton College. In order to avail this facility, the applicants need to:
- Be Canadian and Ontario residents
- Have a term and program GPA of at least 2.0
- Demonstrate financial need
The willing candidates are required to apply for the work and study permit by visiting https://mycareer.lambtoncollege.ca/home.htm.
Lambton College helps the students in finding suitable job opportunities with the assistance of the Employment Ontario program funded by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario. To get details of the available opportunities, interested candidates are required to visit https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/CES/.
Lambton College provides the unique opportunity named Second Career for those who are currently unemployed but are willing to pursue a suitable career through effective training sessions. This is a provincial government-aided initiative and the office of Lambton College Employment Services has become a partner of it. Individuals possessing good employment potentials and plausible economic needs are eligible for applying.
Lambton College has a well-organized Alumni Association. The benefits obtained by the alumni of this institute are:
- Home/Auto Insurance
- Medoc Travel Insurance
- Johnson Personal Health Plan
- The Alumni Association contributes in providing the meritorious and promising students with several awards, scholarships, and bursaries
- Some of the distinguished alumni of this college are:
- Judy Foote: Lieutenant Governor of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Michael McGinnis: Politician
- Rex Isaac: Politician
- Cory Laidler: Politician