West Bengal admission will be done on the basis of NEET result. Department of health & family welfare, Kolkata releases the state merit list. After which the counselling method will be conducted.
West Bengal mbbs admission 85% quota of seat for state and 15% quota is for all India candidates. NEET is organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and is a national level entrance exam. It comprises 180 multiple choice questions. The exam is of 3 hours duration.
The admission process includes the following steps:-
- Filling of choices
- Merit List
- Seat Allotment
- Downloading Counselling Letter
- Reporting at alloted college
MBBS is an undergraduate programme with a duration of 4 years and 6 months followed by a 1-year compulsory rotatory internship. This course is divided into 9 semesters in which students gain an overview of various MBBS subjects like Anatomy, Pediatrics, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Anesthesiology, Community Medicine, Surgery and many more.
MBBS is one of the reputed and most pursued medical degrees in India. As per the ‘Medical Council of India’, there are 542 colleges offering MBBS courses and the total number of seats available is 79,855.
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: Highlights
|Conducting body||Department of health &family welfare, Kolkata|
|Admission stages||Neet exam , counselling|
|Quota of seats||85% state candidate 15% All India candidate|
|Age||Minimum 17 years , Maximum age pending in supreme court|
|Qualifying exam eligibility||12th class with physics , chemistry and mathematics with minimum of 50%score.|
Check MBBS Abroad Studies
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: Important dates
|First round counselling|
|Registration date||October 28, 2020|
|Choice filling and locking date||October 28, 2020 to November 02, 2020|
|Seat allotment process||November 3, 2020 to November 4, 2020|
|Result||November 5, 2020|
|Reporting||November 6, 2020 to November 12, 2020|
|Second round counselling|
|Registration||November 18, 2020 to November 22, 2020|
|Choice filling/locking date||November 19, 2020 to November 22, 2020|
|Allotment result||November 25, 2020|
|Reporting at help centres||November 26, 2020 to December 02, 2020|
|Mop up round|
|Choice filling /locking date||December, 11 2020 to December 14, 2020|
|Allotment result||December 17, 2020|
|Reporting at help centres||December 18 to 24, 2020|
|Transfer of vacant seat and non reporting to deemed/central universities.||December 28 to 31, 2020|
West Bengal MBBS Admissions Criteria
Candidates can view the admission requirements for West Bengal MBBS 2021 below.
15% of All India Quota (AIQ) seats: Admission to 15% AIQ seats in West Bengal medical/dental institutes will be granted through NEET 2021 counselling. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct NEET UG counselling for 15% AIQ seats based on NEET 2021 rank.
Central/Deemed universities: In addition to 15 percent AIQ seats, MCC will offer admission to all deemed and central universities in the state through NEET 2021.
Admission to the remaining 85 percent of MBBS/BDS seats under state quota will be granted through West Bengal NEET 2021 counselling.
Private colleges: Under West Bengal MBBS admission 2021, the authority will fill 100 percent of seats in the state's private colleges based on NEET UG rank.
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: Eligibility
Following is the eligibility criteria:-
- Clearing the NEET cut off
- Department of Health and family welfare, Kolkata will release state merit lists
- Counselling 2020 will be conducted.
- Candidate must have studied Biology ,English ,Physics and chemistry and 50% in 12th class for the general category.
- Candidate applying for state quota must have domicile holder
- Nationality: All citizens of India
- Age: Candidates must have 17 years old on before December 31,2020 and must not be over 25 years old on or after May 2020
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: Application Form
- To register oneself from the counselling .Candidate can visit the official website of the government of west Bengal department of health and family welfare west Bengal.
- Registration: Candidates will be able to register for the West Bengal MBBS and BDS admission process by filling in NEET 2020 Roll No., Application No., Date of Birth, and Security Pin. Along with this, candidates will have to provide their contact details (mobile numbers and email IDs) in order to receive the login credentials to their counselling profiles.
- Declaration: All candidates are required to submit a digital declaration by ticking the box given at the end of the registration page. It asks the candidates to declare that they qualify all the required eligibility criteria and will be providing authentic information.
- Domicile: Candidates will have to clarify whether or not they are the domicile holders of West Bengal by clicking on either yes or no and submitting the form. Those who are non-domicile holders will only be eligible to take admission under the management quota seats and such candidates will only be required to submit the necessary documents once they have secured a seat at any private medical or dental institute.
- Filling Student Category: Candidates will also be required to specify the category under which they are applying for admission, i.e. General, SC, ST, OBC and PH. PH students will have to mention the percentage of their disability and must submit a certificate issued by IPGMER Kolkata.
- Print Online Slip: Domicile holders and non-domicile holders will be issued different online slips that will specify the time, date and venue of the document verification round. Candidates will have to take a printout of this slip for reference and authentication process.
- Payment: Once all the details are filled, candidates will be redirected to the payment page and candidates will be able to pay the West Bengal MBBS application fees through internet banking, credit or debit card. Once the payment is done, a transaction ID will be displayed on the screen.
- The table below has the West Bengal MBBS application fee:-
|Student Category||Application Fees|
|General and OBC students||Rs. 2000|
|SC and ST students||Rs. 1500|
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: NEET Exam pattern
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency|
|Total number of questions||180 Multiple choice questions|
|Mode||Pen and paper|
|Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Topic from class X to Xii|
Check NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: Counselling Process
Following is the Counseling procedure:-
- Candidate must register themselves https://wbmcc.nic.in/pg/HomePage.aspx
- New Registration
- The dashboard page of MBBS admission 'Sign Up'.Fill up the credentials
- After login, enter roll no.and password
- After filling up the details like Name , Father Name , Mother Name
- Confirm registration
- After registration , candidates must feel the counselling fee I.e.1000 RS for UR and 500RS for SC/ST/OBC/PWD.
- Choice locking facility
- Release of Seat Allotment result.
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: Reservation
- 85%seat is reserved for State candidates and 15% seat is reserved for all India candidates.
- The Number of seats in the MBBs course has been increased to 4,000 in West Bengal with the addition of 250 seats in two medical colleges on 20 th october 2020 . With the addition of 250 seats in 2 Medical colleges.
- Seat reservation category wise is given below.
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2021: Participating Colleges
|Name of the College||Sanctioned Seats|
|Nilratan Sircar Medical College, Kolkata||250|
|North Bengal Medical College, Darjeeling||100|
|Medical College , Kolkata||250|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||200|
|Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan||150`|
|Bankura Sammilani Medical College Bankura||150|
|ESiC Medical College Bankura||100|
|Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata||150|
|College of Medicine and JNM Hospital,Kalyani, Nadia||100|
|Midnapore Medical College, Midnapore||100|
|Murshidabad Medical College & Hospitals, Murshidabad||100|
|Malda Medical College & Hospitals, Malda||100|
|College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital, Kolkata||100|
|RG Kar Medical College, KolKata||200|
|KPC Medical College, Jadavpur, Kolkata||150|
Ques. Website For Counseling process?
Ques. Where to download and verification of slip generation is done?
- Open the website i.e. Wbmcc.nic.in
- Left hand side the Slip generation and verification slip generation options can be seen.
- Fill in the necessary details
Ques. How are the Mopup seats alloted?
Ques. Currently what stages of admission are going on?
Ques. Maximum number of attempts permitted for NEET?