Karnataka MBBS admissions are open for those who have performed well in the NEET exam 2020. The candidates seeking admissions in MBBS/BDS 2020 can apply online through the official website. The students who have a domicile in Karnataka get 85% medical seats. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) allots the medical seats within the state based on the NEET Exam. It allows BDS seats as well based on the NEET exam. The course fee for private seats in Karnataka ranges from INR 25 lakh to 60 lakh.
Following is the admission procedure:-;
- The candidates should fill the MBBS/BDS application form released by KEA.
- The next step is choice filling and counseling, only for those who filled the MBBS/BDS application form.
- The students need to pay the fee through bank challan.
- The students go for a training class in which they know the stages of the admission process.
Karnataka is one of the best places for medical courses. It is located near the coast of the Arabian sea. There are many medical colleges in Karnataka that offer UG and PG courses.
Bangalore Medical College and Research Centre, Bangalore, MVJ Medical College, and Research Hospital, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, Bangalore, Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli are some of the top medical colleges in Karnataka.
MBBS is an undergraduate programme with a duration of 4 years and 6 months followed by a 1-year compulsory rotatory internship. This course is divided into 9 semesters in which students gain an overview of various MBBS subjects like Anatomy, Pediatrics, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Anesthesiology, Community Medicine, Surgery and many more.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2021: Highlights
|MBBS Full-Form||Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery|
|Course Duration||5.5 Years|
|Average Fee||INR 10,000 to INR 6 Lakhs|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5-12 Lakhs per annum|
|Admission Mode||Entrance Based (NEET)|
|MBBS Job Profiles||General Physician, Medical Officer, Medical Coder, Dietician, Dermatologist, etc, and many more|
|MBBS Top Recruiters||Medanta Hospitals, Fortis Healthcare Ltd, Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Cipla Ltd, etc.|
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2021: Important Dates
|Availability of Karnataka MBBS Online Application Form||November 7, 2020|
|Last date to submit Online Application Form||November 10, 2020 till 11 pm|
|Last date to pay registration fee||November 10, 2020 till 5:30 pm|
|Verification of Documents||Third week of November 2020|
|Display of merit list||Fourth week of November 2020|
|Seats display and fee structure||First Week of December 2020|
|Publication of Mock Allotment Results||to be announced|
|Publication of Round 1 Allotment Result||to be announced|
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2021: Eligibility
- The candidates should have passed the NEET 2020 exam.
- Only citizens of India will be eligible for all types of seats except for NRI quota seats.
- The students should have completed their 10+2 in PCM/PCB with English as a mandatory subject. The minimum percentage required of the general candidates is 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, in case of SC/ST, the percentage required is 40%.
- A candidate must have completed a minimum age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year for admission.
- The mother tongue of applicants must be Kannada, Tulu or Kodava. The aspirants who do not know the above languages have to pass the language test which is conducted by KEA.
- Applicants are required to fulfill the minimum NEET 2020 cutoff percentile.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2021: Selection Process
- The students seeking admission to the MBBS course in Karnataka should have passed the NEET exam with a good score. KEA is responsible for the allotment of medical seats in Karnataka.
- The students who have scored well in the NEET exam can apply for the MBBS degree. NEET exam is conducted by NTA every year. It is a three-hour offline exam.
- The state of Karnataka reserves 85% medical seats for those who are native or have a domicile of Karnataka. the students will be selected based on their performance in the entrance exam and other eligibility criteria by KEA.
Check NEET 2020 cut-off here
How to apply for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2021
The students who have scored well in the entrance exam (NEET) and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS/BDS colleges Karnataka can proceed to apply online.
- The students can visit the official website of the college in Karnataka to apply with the NEET score.
- Pay the application form fee displayed there.
- Complete the college choice filling, and submit the application form.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2021: Counselling Process
- KEA conducts the counselling of MBBS seats as per the seats vacancy. It arranges a mock test of seat allocation round so that students can get an idea of the counselling process. If any student wants to change his/her choice filling after the mock seat allocation round then he/she will be able to change the choices made earlier.
- The counselling for Karnataka MBBS admission will be released tentatively in the last week of November in online mode only.
- For Karnataka MBBS counselling 2020 there will be three rounds, including a mop-up round. If there is a vacant seat available authority will conduct an additional round of Karnataka MBBS 2020 counselling.
- Applicants will be given a security key after the process of documents verification.
- As per the choices the students have filled and the availability of seats for Karnataka MBBS admission 2020 the authority will allot the seats.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2021: MBBS Syllabus for Nine Semesters
|Para-Clinical||Semesters 3-5||Community Medicine|
|Clinical postings in Wards|
|Clinical||Semesters 6-9||Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Medicine and allied subjects|
|Surgery and allied subjects|
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2021: Top Medical Colleges
Ques. What documents should the students selected in counselling submit ?
Ans. The students should submit the following documents after their selection in counselling: current year NEET admit card, NEET rank card, 10+2 certificates, category certificate, domicile certificate, character certificate, migration certificate, fee payment slip and passport size photo.
Ques. is there a percentile required to apply for Karnataka MBBS admission?
Ans. Yes, the candidate should have at least 50% (40%for SC/ST/OBC of Karnataka only) marks in the entrance exam. The students having domicile of Karnataka are eligible for the reservations.
Ques. How will students know their state rank for medical colleges in Karnataka?
Ans. Karnataka state counselling authority released the state merit list of students. The students can see their state rank after the release of the state merit list.
Ques. What is the eligibility for private seats?
Ans. For the private seats, the candidate should be an India citizen, should have passed NEET exam and should have academic eligibility.
Ques. What is the government seat percentage for kannada medium candidates?
Ans. The candidates of kannada medium get 5% Govt. quota seats in medical colleges.
Ques. Which authority conducts NEET exam?
Ans. National testing agency, NTA is responsible for conducting the NEET exam.
Ques. What is the seat intake of MBBS and BDS in Karnataka?
Ans. In 2020 there are 9095 MBBS and 2674 BDS seats in karnataka.