BTech information security or B.tech information security is a 4-year course for undergraduate students. The course enables students to explore vulnerabilities in a system or network and deploy ways to patch the data breaches. The eligibility criterion of the course B.tech information security is students must have to clear 10+2 with science as a stream from a recognized college.
The admission process for the course B.tech information security is to clear entrance exams taken by colleges and universities. The entrance exam of B.tech information security is TANCET, JEE.
The top colleges of B.tech information security are:
|India Today Ranking||College name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|4||Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore||Entrance exam||INR 1.98 lakhs||INR 6.05 lakhs|
|16||Chandigarh University||Entrance exam||INR 1.60 lakhs||INR 7.1 lakhs|
|89||Graphic Era Hill University||Entrance exam||INR 1.75 lakhs||INR 3.5 lakhs|
|NA||Gandhi Institute of Science & Technology, Rayagada||Entrance exam||INR 55,000||INR 3 lakhs|
|NA||Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune||Entrance exam||INR 3.96 lakhs||INR 6 lakhs|
The average fee for the course B.tech information security is INR 6 lakhs to INR 12 lakhs. This depends on the course offered by which college, the location and size of the campus.
The job profiles after the B.tech information security course are IT Manager, Network Administrator, Support Engineer, Security Specialist, etc.
The average annual salary for the B.tech information security course is INR 1.80 lakhs to INR 8 lakhs. The salary depends on the experience and skills of the employee. Sometimes, the salary varies due to the location and size of the company.
The top recruiting companies after the course B.tech information security are MicroWorld Technologies, Quickheal, Instasafe, Paladion Network, etc.
What is the Admission Process for BTech Information Security?
To get admission in the course, Students must have to clear entrance exams taken by respective colleges and universities. The procedure for the admission is as:
- The registration form will be released on the official websites of the respective colleges or universities.
- Students have to submit the registration fee on the online portal before the last date.
- The admit card will be released by the colleges and universities.
- The exam date will be released by colleges and universities.
- The result will be announced after the exam. Some colleges conduct counseling for the final selection.
- Documentation Date will be given by the colleges for the final selection of the students in the course. The documents required are class x and xii mark sheet, original graduation degree, passport size photographs, caste/ category certificate (if any).
What is the BTech Information Security Eligibility?
The eligibility criterion for B.tech information security is:
- Students have to qualify 10+2 with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
- 5% Moderation is given to those students who are in reserved categories like SC/ST/OBC.
- Science stream is preferable to having Physics, Chemistry, Biology, mathematics as subjects.
- No receptacle is accepted in any subject. Students should be fully qualified in every subject.
- Some colleges or universities have different eligibility criteria as a common entrance test for admission.
What are the top Entrance Exams for BTech Information Security?
|Entrance exam||Conducted by||Application form||Exam date|
|TANCET||Anna University||1st week of April 2021 to 4th week of April 2021||May 2021|
|JEE||National test agency||December 2020||January 2021|
|VITEEE||VIT, Vellore||Last week of Oct 2020 to 1st week of March 2021||NA|
|BITSAT||BITS Pilani||3rd week of December to 2nd week of March||3rd to 4th week of May|
|WBJEE||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board||3rd week of December to 3rd week of January||February 2nd, 2021|
What are the preparation tips for BTech Information Security Entrance Exams?
Some preparation tips to clear entrance exams of respective college and universities:
- You should be aware of the subject and entrance exam held on that course.
- Choose the subject according to your interest.
- Find top institutes for your preparation for the entrance exam. The conditions depend on choosing institutes are fees, location, faculty, institute services, weekly test, study material, transportation, etc.
- You should know the syllabus of the entrance exam before preparation.
- You should know the exam pattern, sections contained.
- You should be aware of the exam marks, section marks, per question marks, negative marking, etc.
- You should give a weekly test through online mode to save and utilize the time in study.
- One should have a strong general awareness and English communication and writing skills.
- Learn from help books with the study material provided by the institute.
How to get admission to a good college?
Every student must follow these guidelines to get admission in a good college or university:
- Students should know about colleges. Make a college list in which you want to go. Try in all the colleges.
- Fill the registration form earliest with the submission fees.
- Boost your skills with extra co-curricular activities.
- Students have to clear entrance exams and interviews conducted by colleges or universities to check the ability of the students.
- Go earliest for the documentation according to the cutoff list by colleges.
- Optimize your analytics
- You should be aware of your interest area, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Work on your weak areas to get the best results.
What is BTech Information Security About?
BTech Information Security is a 4-year course for undergraduate students.
- This course is beneficial for students who are interested in networking and security and want to know their way around cybersecurity.
- This course teaches about the information security life cycle and the development of an organization.
- The course develops skills and the ability to investigate, analyze, and know about the security risk of organization information.
- The topics comprise security risk and governance, database security, network security.
BTech Information Security Course Highlights
|Course type||Undergraduate level|
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks with science stream|
|Admission process||Entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 6 lakhs - INR 12 lakhs|
|Average Salary (per month)||INR 1.80 lakhs – INR 8 lakhs|
|Top Recruiting companies||MicroWorld Technologies, Quickheal, Instasafe, Paladion Network, etc.|
|Job Position||IT manager, network administrator, support engineer, security specialist, etc.|
How is BTech in Information Security as a Course?
Reasons to pursue information security: The benefits of BTech in information security involves:
- Work in any sector: You can work in any sector except lawyers, accountants, and movie careers. You can be a highly valuable part of a team by protecting the data.
- High pay scale: In every kind of job, data protection is important for the company, so they hire a person for information security and pay high.
- Job opportunities: There are many job opportunities in the information security field as there is no shortage of thieves.
- Learning something new: you will be learning new things in this field as the ecosystem is dynamic and new technologies are launching and you have to adapt to it.
- Interesting job: It is an interesting job for those who want to help others in protecting data. There are high incentives as well.
- Highly portable: the demand for this job is daily high all over the country. Private companies also hire cybersecurity personnel to protect their data.
- Skills required to be a part of the course: Candidate requires some skills to be a part of Information security as course:
- General awareness
- Verbal skills
- Non – verbal skills
- Technical aptitude
- Knowledge of security
BTech Information Security vs BTech in Cyber Security
|Parameters||BTech in Information Security||BTech in Cyber Security|
|Brief explanation||BTech in information security or B.tech information security is a 4-year course for undergraduate students. This course is beneficial for students who want to help others in protecting data from thieves. This course teaches about the information security life cycle and the development of an organization.||B.tech in cybersecurity is a 4-year course for undergraduate students. The subjects involved are system design, java programming, system software, etc. the eligibility criterion is 10+2 with science as a stream.|
|Duration||4 years||4 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 60% marks in science stream||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in science stream|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||Entrance exam|
|Top colleges||Chandigarh University, NIMS University, Gandhi Institute of science & technology, Etc.||Chandigarh University, Graphic Era Hill University, NIMS University, etc.|
|Job roles||IT manager, network administrator, support engineer, security specialist, etc.||Cybersecurity, technical trainee, lead cybersecurity analyst, etc.|
|Average fees||INR 6 lakhs – INR 12 lakhs||INR 1lakhs – INR 2 lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 1.80 lakhs – INR 8 lakhs||INR 2.5 lakhs – 6 lakhs|
|Top recruiting organization||MicroWorld Technologies, Quickheal, Instasafe, Paladion Network, etc.||IBM, Cognizant, Infosys, TATA Consultancy services, etc.|
What are the Top Colleges for BTech Information Security in India?
The top colleges of BTech in information security with the admission process, average fee, and average salary after the course are:
|College Name||City||Average annual fees||Average annual salary|
|Vellore institute of technology||Vellore||INR 1.98 lakhs||INR 6.05 lakhs|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 1.60 lakhs||INR 7.1 lakhs|
|Graphic Era Hill University||Bhimtal||INR 1.75 lakhs||INR 3.5 lakhs|
|Gandhi Institute of science & technology||Rayagada||INR 55,000||INR 3 lakhs|
|Tolani Maritime institute||Pune||INR 3.96 lakhs||INR 6 lakhs|
|Mody University, School of engineering and technology||Sikar||INR 2.26 lakhs||INR 4.5 lakhs|
|NIMS University||Jaipur||INR 60,000||INR 4 lakhs|
|Lovely professional University||Jalandhar||INR 1.37 lakhs||INR 8.4 lakhs|
|School of aeronautics||New Delhi||INR 1.80 lakhs||INR 7 lakhs – INR 8 lakhs|
|Hindustan institute of technology and science||Chennai||INR 2.87 lakhs||INR 5.3 lakhs|
BTech Information Security College Comparison
A college comparison of BTech in Information Security course is given below. It plays a crucial role in student life. Students must compare to know better about colleges. Here is the comparison with parameters like about college, eligibility, admission process, top recruiters, job profiles, fee and salary, etc.
|Parameters||Chandigarh University||NIMS University|
|About college||Chandigarh University is situated in Chandigarh. It is a private university with A+ grade by NAAC. It offers you UG, PG, PhD, specialization courses. It has an affordable fee structure.||NIMS University is situated in Jaipur. According to ASSOCHAM, It is the best private university in 2018. It has the best university tag for skill development. It is the largest university which offers all eight streams courses. It offers UG, Pg, PhD courses.|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks||10+2 with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||entrance exam|
|Average fees||INR 1.60 lakhs||INR 60,000|
|Top recruiting organizations||Microsoft, Samsung, Google, Amazon, Dell, IBM, Sapient, Oracle, Flipkart, etc.||Dell, Cisco, CNBC, IBM, Adobe, Cairn, Wipro, VIVO, Intex, HDFC Bank, etc.|
|Average salary||INR 7.1 lakhs||INR 4 lakhs|
BTech Information Security Syllabus
Syllabus for BTech in Information Security is semester wise. It is a 4 years course. Each year contains 2 semesters.
|Engineering mathematics||Ordinary differential equations, differential Calculus, trigonometry, matrices, integral calculus|
|Engineering chemistry||Fuels and energy sources, engineering materials, electrochemistry & corrosion, chemical thermodynamics, water technology and polymer chemistry|
|Engineering physics||Acoustics and ultrasonic , non- destructive testing, properties of matter, modern engineering materials, laser and fibre optics, crystal physics, superconducting materials|
|Technical English||Writing skills, thinking skills, listening skills, speaking skills, embedded language learning|
|Engineering graphics||basics of engineering graphics, computer aided drafting, projection of points, orthographic projections, projections of solids, pictorial projections, lines and surfaces, development of surfaces|
|Environment science and engineering||Ecosystem and biodiversity, human population and the environment, introduction to environmental studies and natural resources, environmental pollution, social issues and the environment|
|Probability and structures||Designs of experiments, probability and random variables, testing of hypothesis, two dimensional random variables, standard distributions|
|Computer programming||Functions, programming with c, structures and union, pointers, computer fundamentals, arrays and strings, computer programming and languages|
|Java programming||Files and applets, introduction, exception handling and multithreading, inheritance and packages|
|Data structures||Trees and hashing, arrays and stacks, graphs and files, sorting binary search tees, queues and linked list|
|Electron devices and circuits||Feedback Amplifiers and oscillators, operational amplifiers, diodes, field – effect transistors, bipolar junction transistors|
Every student must read these top books with their authors while pursuing a BTech in Information Security. These books will help you to understand the course better.
|Security in computing||Charles P. Pfleeger|
|Crafting the InfoSec playbook: security monitoring and incident response master plan||Jeff Bollinger, Brando Enright, Matthew Valites|
|Defensive security handbook: best practices for securing infrastructure||Lee Brotherston, Amanda Berlin|
|Information assurance handbook: effective computer security and risk management strategies||Corey Schou|
|Network security through data analysis: from data to action||Michael S Collins|
|How to measure anything in cybersecurity risk||Douglas W. Hubbard|
|IT security risk control management: an audit preparation plan||Raymond Pompon|
|Enterprise cyber security: How to build a successful cyberdefense program against advanced threats||Scott E. Donaldson, Stanley G. Siegel, Chris K. Williams and Abdul Aslam|
|Security controls evaluation testing and assessment handbook||Leighton Johnson|
|Cyber security basics: protect your organization by applying the fundamentals||Don Franke|
|Fundamentals of information systems security||David kim|
BTech Information Security Jobs and Salary
There are many career opportunities in the information security field. Some of the profiles are IT manager, network administrator, support engineer, security specialist, etc. Description of job profiles with their average annual salary is given below:
|Job profiles||Roles||Average annual salary|
|Security manager||The role of the security manager is to develop and implement security policies, & procedures, control budget, monitor expenses. They recruit, train, and supervise the officers and guard.||INR 4.86 lakhs|
|System administrator||The role of the system administrator is to identify the problems or issues in the system and repair them. They maintain the file server and make new users and give them access.||INR 4.45 lakhs|
|Computer technician||The role of a computer technician is to set up hardware, installing and configuring drivers and software. They maintain and repair the devices.||INR 3.02 lakhs|
|Network administrator||The role of a network administrator is to solve the problem occurring in the system and maintains computer networks; they install and configure networks and systems.||INR 3.14 lakhs|
|IT manager||The role of the IT manager is to improve and updating software and systems. They develop and implement Its policy and procedures.||INR 5.90 lakhs|
Average Salary Chart (Per Annum)
What is the future scope in BTech Information Security?
- Students can pursue M.tech in information security, M.tech in cybersecurity, M.tech in computer science, and Ph.D. courses.
- There are many job opportunities after BTech in information security are network administrator, computer technician, IT manager, Information systems manager, data security administrator, etc.
- The top recruiting companies after BTech in information security are MicroWorld Technologies, Quickheal, Instasafe, Paladion Network, etc.
BTech Information Security: FAQs
Ques. What is BTech in information security?
Ques. Is a BTech in information security course a good career?
Ques. How do I fill the BTech in information security form?
Ques. What are the top recruiting areas of BTech in information security?
Ques. What is M.tech in information security?
Ques. Which is better B.Tech in information security or B.tech CSE?
Ques. Is there any fixed working hours for B.Tech in information security?
Ques. Is pursuing B.Tech in information security worth the cost?