BITSAT 2019 Eligibility, Exam Dates, Application Form
BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) 2019 is a computer-based online test for providing admission to Integrated First Degree programs offered at BITS Pilani campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. BITSAT application form 2019 will be available online from January 2019.
|BITSAT Eligibility||BITSAT Application Form||BITSAT Admit Card|
- Candidates who have passed their class 12th examination with aggregate 75% marks in PCB/PCM are eligible to apply.
- It has 4 sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English & Logical Reasoning. Check Here BITSAT Exam Pattern
- Result will be intimated in July, 2019 along with the cut off released by BITS authorities.
- BITSAT 2019 Cut off will be qualifying criteria to proceed further with the admission process.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Highlights
BITSAT exam will be conducted in two slots each day. The first session will be from 9 am – 12 noon, while the second slot will be from 2 pm- 5 pm. You can choose either of these, based on the availability.
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|BITSAT Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|BITSAT 2019 Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Seats Offered||2000 seats in total|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 Lakh|
Why appear for BITSAT?
- In case of scoring less in JEE Main, BISAT works as a savior. It is an entry-ticket to the best institutes in India.
- State Board toppers are offered direct admission.
- BITS allows candidates to choose their preferred ‘course combinations’.
- The salary and placements offered at the best in market.
- The infrastructure and ambience of all BITS campuses is par excellence.
BITS Fee Structure
The following fees schedule is applicable for candidates seeking new admission in 2019:
|Application Fees (one time)||INR 1,500|
|Admission Fees (one time)||INR 16,500|
|Semester Fees (per semester) :||INR 42,800|
NOTE: Admission Fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) are to be paid together once admission is offered to the candidate. Thus, a candidate who has been offered admission will have to pay INR 59,300-. You may choose to make the payment using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card through the Online Application Centre.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Schedule
BITS Pilani, the exam conducting authority, has released the information brochure along with the schedule of examination. BITSAT 2019 exam dates are elucidated in the table given below:
|Availability of BITSAT Application Form 2019||December 2018 to March 2019|
|Application Form Correction||March 2019|
|Allotment of Test Centers||March 2019|
|Slot Booking Dates 2019||March to April 2019|
|Issue of BITSAT 2019 Admit Card||April 2019|
|BITSAT 2019 Exam Date||May 2019|
|Release of Scores||Third week of May 2019|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||May to June 2019|
|Announcement of Waiting list||June 2019|
Eligibility for BITSAT 2019
The basic eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2019 is to secure a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects of class 12. The course-wise eligibility is listed below:
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.) Programs
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- They must secure the minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharm (Hons.) Programs
- Students must have successfully passed class 12th examinations with minimum 75% aggregate marks.
- They must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects in Class 12th.
Check Here for Detailed BITSAT Eligibility 2019
BITSAT 2019 Registration
The application process for BITSAT 2019 will start in January 2019. The process to apply is completely online. The steps to fill the BITSAT application form are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Application Form- Filling- Enter your personal and academic details to generate a unique application number.
- Step 2: Upload Scanned Images- Make sure the size of the image is between 4 kb to 50 Kb (for photograph) and 1 kb to 30 kb (for signature)
- Step 3: Payment of Application Fee- This varies for male & female candidates and NRI candidates. The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card or net banking while the offline payment can be made through a bank challan.
BITSAT application fee is depicted below:
|For Male candidates||INR 2950|
|For Female candidates||INR 2450|
|For NRI candidates||$70 (INR 4500)|
NOTE:In addition to applying and appearing for BITSAT-2019, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered at three Indian campuses of BITS.
BITSAT Application Form FAQs
Ques. I am unable to access BITSAT 2019 online application form. Can you send BITSAT application form by email or post?
Ans. BITSAT application form cannot be sent by email or post. If you get any specific error while applying, please send an email to email@example.com for help with the required details.
Ques. What is the application procedure for NRIs?
Ans. There is no separate procedure for NRIs. However, those candidates who have citizenship other than INDIA can apply under International students’ admissions scheme.
Ques. Does any other university admit students based on BITSAT 2019 score?
Ans. Yes, there are universities which admit students using BITSAT 2019 scores. NIIT University will now be accepting BITSAT scores for admission into their programs. BITS Pilani has no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of programs at NIIT University.
BITSAT 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates can download admit card latest by May 2019.
- BITSAT Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the official website.
- The hall ticket includes the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, test centre details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot and exam instructions.
- Use BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Sample of BITSAT Admit Card
BITSAT 2019 Test Centers
- BITSAT is scheduled to be conducted in 50 exam cities across India and an International center in Dubai, UAE.
- A candidate planning to appear for the test in India can indicate a maximum of 3 exam center preferences.
- Those planning to appear for the test in Dubai center can only be able to set the preference for one center only.
The below map represents all the exam cities of BITSAT:
BITSAT 2019 Slot Booking
- The slot booking process of BITSAT 2019 closed on April 5.
- It is an online process wherein candidates have to select their desired test date and time slot for the exam.
- BITSAT Slot Booking are offered on First Come First Serve Basis.
- In case candidates who don’t book a slot for BITSAT, they will be offered slots by the institute.
- Post booking the slots, BITSAT Admit Card will be issued. The process of booking BITSAT Slot includes following steps:
- Login with application number and date of birth.
- Choose an exam center.
- Choose a test date.
- Select a test slot.
- Submit the details.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Quick highlights of BITSAT Exam Pattern are discusse below:
- Mode of exam- BISAT is conducted in online mode.
- Duration- The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Sectional Time Limit- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- Total Questions- A candidate has to solve 150 questions.
- Nature of Questions- All questions are of objective type.
- Marking Scheme- Each correct answer is credited with 3 marks.
- Negative Marking- There is a penalty of 1 mark which will be levied on answering the question wrongly.
- Sections- A candidate has to answer questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
The distribution of questions among the sections is depicted below:
|Subject||Number of questions|
NOTE: Those who will attempt 150 questions before the completion of 3 hours, will get 12 more questions to their advantage, from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
How was BITSAT 2019?
- Physics- The section was easier as compared to previous years. Out of 40, 25-30 were easy to answer. Most questions came from Mechanics.
- Maths- This is reasonably an easy section. Most questions were asked from Algebra.
- Chemistry- This section was of moderate difficulty level. Very few questions from Organic were observed, which were a relief to all. A strong hold on Physical Chemistry and Mole Concept is advised.
- English- It was easy too. You could get 12–13 answers and that’s a good number.
- Reasoning- This section was also easy overall. You could have scored well if you practiced the mock test well.
Read BITSAT Analysis
Syllabus for BITSAT 2019
There is no change in BITSAT Syllabus. Candidates must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabi of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology.
For the ease of candidates, we have curated BITSATsample papers and mock tests. These will help understand the pattern and important topics to be expected in BITSAT 2019.
Practising BITSAT Sample Papers carry a number of advantage. Some of the benefits are given below:
- To prepare and perform better in BITSAT 2019 test.
- These mock tests are set on the pattern followed by BITSAT 2019.
- Candidates can attempt them to analyze their preparation and performance.
- It is important to solve mock tests and sample papers beforehand to analyze the level of preparation and areas that need improvement.
BITSAT Preparation Books
Candidates preparing for BITSAT 2019 must refer to the below books. These books have been sworn by the toppers. They include topics that are frequent in BITSAT question paper and can help you improve your score.
- NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Std. XI and XII)
- BITSAT Explorer by MTG Learning Media Pvt. Ltd.
- A Complete Success Package for Online BITSAT by Arihant Experts (With CD)
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT
- Wren & Martin for English
BITSAT 2019 Results
- The result for BITSAT is released in two parts.
- One, candidates can check their BITSAT Score just when they complete their exam. The computer screen displays the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores
- Second, an admit list and wait list of iteration will be released on June 20.
- Adding to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online, expected to come out in the third week of May.
To check the results online, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of BITS.
Step 2: Click on the tab for “Online Result for BITS 2019”.
Step 3: Enter their name, application number, date of birth and roll no. and submit
Step 4: The online Scorecard for BITS 2019 will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Download it for further use
BITSAT Answer Keys- BITS does not release any official answer key. However, some leading coaching institutes release the answers. Once the answer key for BITSAT 2019 is out, you can match your answers and find out the probable score.
Highlights of BITSAT Score (2014-2019)
|No of Candidates with score >=400||162||256||246||304||381|
|No of Candidates with score >=350||1316||1926||2097||2319||2773|
|No of Candidates with score >=300||5860||7171||8184||8789||9290|
|No of Candidates with score >=250||17044||19341||21821||22441||23458|
|No of Candidates with score >=225||25617||28720||31882||32565||33633|
Preparation of BITSAT Merit List for Admission
Only eligible candidates who score the required minimum marks will be able to participate in admission rounds. Interested candidates are required to submit Admission Application with class 12 marks and preferences to different BITS Campuses. Admission decisions for Iteration 1 Result will be announced on June 2019.
- Further details about different iterations will be announced on the BITSAT 2019 admission website.
- The merit position of such eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of BITSAT 2019 scores.
- 2 separate merit lists will be prepared for admission: All Programs except B.Pharm and Only B.Pharm Program.
Read more about BITSAT Merit List
Expected BITSAT 2019 Cut Off
BITSAT 2019 cut off is the qualifying marks which must be scored by candidates to participate in admission rounds. The cut off scores vary from year to year
Here is the branch-wise cutoff for all BITS campuses for your reference:
|Course||Expected Cutoff for BITS Pilani||Expected Cutoff for BITS Goa||Expected Cutoff for BITS Hyderabad|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||355||320||310|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||382||350||339|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332||301||298|
|M.Sc. Biological Sciences||237||202||202|
BITSAT is conducted for all the degree-level courses in engineering, pharmacy & science. These courses are offered by various campuses of BITS- Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai.
The below table explains the availability of these courses in each campus:
|Programme||Field||Pilani Campus||Goa Campus||Hyderabad Campus||Dubai Campus|
|Electrical & Electronics Engg.||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||✖||✔||✔||✔|
|Electronics & Instrumental Engg.||✔||✔||✔||✔|
BITSAT 2019 Counselling Procedure
- Candidates who get a call for admission have to go through a separate registration process.
- The admission form will be available on the official website from 3rd week of May 2019 onwards.
- Along with the admission form, candidates also have to submit details of their 12th marks and preference of courses.
- The admission form must be sent to the address given below, with attested copies of class 10th and 12th Marksheet by June 18, 2019 (Tentative).
BITS Pilani 333 031
- BITSAT 2019 Counselling will be done in 4 iterations.
- If BITSAT 2019 total score is same for two candidates then, the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
- Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2019 Score.
- There is no reservation in BITSAT 2019.
Scholarships to BITS
There are various kinds of scholarships that candidates can avail. It is important to fulfil the eligibility conditions before applying for these. You can read the details of scholarships below:
- Board Toppers- Candidates who secure the top 3 positions in class XII in their respective boards are given a merit scholarship of 100%, 75% and 50% of the first-semester tuition fee respectively for the first semester
- Merit in Qualifying Examination
- Students who have obtained 90% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 20% of first-semester tuition fee.
- Students who have obtained 80% or above but less than 90% in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 15% of the first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Competitive Examinations- Students who have appeared in AIEEE or IIT-JEE for admission to engineering programmes, are awarded scholarships ranging from 25%-75% in the first-year tuition fee depending on the score secured in the examination.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College