BITSAT 2018 Result, Cut off and Counselling
BITSAT 2018 Result has been declared online on May 19, 2018. Candidates can check their result using login details. BITSAT seat allotment process wil begin in first week of June. BITS Pilani organises BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) for admission to Integrated First Degree programs of Engineering at BITS Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai campuses
|BITSAT Result (Declared)||BITSAT Counselling||BITSAT Cutoff|
Note:-The scores of BITSAT 2018 will also be accepted by NIIT University for admission into their programs
BITSAT 2018 Exam Schedule
BITS Pilani, the exam conducting authority, has released the information brochure along with the schedule of examination. BITSAT 2018 schedule is elucidated in the table given below:
|Availability of BITSAT Application Form 2018||December 19, 2017 – ||Click Here|
|Application Form Correction||March 15 – 19, 2018||Click Here|
|Allotment of Test Centers||March 21, 2018||Click Here|
|Slot Booking Dates 2018||March 23 – April 5, 2018||Click Here|
|Issue of BITSAT 2018 Admit Card||April 12 Onwards||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2018 Exam Date||May 16 – 31, 2018||Click Here|
|Release of Scores||Third week of May 2018||Click Here|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||May 01 – June 18, 2018||Click Here|
|Announcement of Waiting list||June 20, 2018||Click Here|
BITSAT exam will be conducted in two slots each day. The first session will be from 9 am – 12 noon, while the second slot will be from 2 pm- 5 pm. You can choose either of these, based on the availability.
What is BITSAT?
BITSAT 2018 is a computer-based online test for admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes (B.E., B.Pharm. & M.Sc.) in BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
Together, all the 3 campuses offer admissions to over 2,000 First Degree Programmes of Engineering. Every year, around 3 lakh candidates appear in this engineering entrance exam.
Why appear for BITSAT?
- In case of scoring less in JEE Main, BISAT works as a savior. It is an entry-ticket to the best institutes in India.
- State Board toppers are offered direct admission.
- BITS allows candidates to choose their preferred ‘course combinations’.
- The salary and placements offered at the best in market.
- The infrastructure and ambience of all BITS campuses is par excellence.
BITS Fee Structure
The following fees schedule is applicable for candidates seeking new admission in 2018:
|Application Fees (one time)||INR 1,500|
|Admission Fees (one time)||INR 16,500|
|Semester Fees (per semester) :||INR 42,800|
NOTE: Admission Fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) are to be paid together once admission is offered to the candidate. Thus, a candidate who has been offered admission will have to pay INR 59,300-. You may choose to make the payment using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card through the Online Application Centre.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Highlights
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|BITSAT Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|BITSAT 2018 Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Seats Offered||2000 seats in total|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 Lakh|
BITSAT 2018 Admit Card Available Now
- Candidates can download BITSAT 2018 Admit Card latest by May 10.
- BITSAT Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the official website.
- The hall ticket includes the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, test centre details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot and exam instructions.
- Use BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Sample of BITSAT Admit Card
BITSAT 2018 Test Centers
- BITSAT is scheduled to be conducted in 50 exam cities across India and an International center in Dubai, UAE.
- A candidate planning to appear for the test in India can indicate a maximum of 3 exam center preferences.
- Those planning to appear for the test in Dubai center can only be able to set the preference for one center only.
The below map represents all the exam cities of BITSAT:
BITSAT 2018 Slot Booking
- The slot booking process of BITSAT 2018 closed on April 5.
- It is an online process wherein candidates have to select their desired test date and time slot for the exam.
- BITSAT slots are offered on First Come First Serve Basis.
- In case candidates who don’t book a slot for BITSAT, they will be offered slots by the institute.
- Post booking the slots, BITSAT Admit Card will be issued. The process of booking BITSAT Slot includes following steps:
- Login with application number and date of birth.
- Choose an exam center.
- Choose a test date.
- Select a test slot.
- Submit the details.
Check BITSAT Slot Booking
Eligibility Conditions for BITSAT 2018
The basic eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2018 is to secure a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects of class 12. The course-wise eligibility is listed below:
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.) Programs
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- They must secure the minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharm (Hons.) Programs
- Students must have successfully passed class 12th examinations with minimum 75% aggregate marks.
- They must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects in Class 12th.
Check Here for Detailed BITSAT Eligibility 2018
BITSAT 2018 Registration
The application process of BITSAT 2018 concluded on March 19. The process to apply is completely online. A candidate has to perform the below steps to register.
- Step 1: Application Form- Filling- Enter your personal and academic details to generate a unique application number.
- Step 2: Upload Scanned Images- Make sure the size of the image is between 4 kb to 50 Kb (for photograph) and 1 kb to 30 kb (for signature)
- Step 3: Payment of Application Fee- This varies for male & female candidates and NRI candidates. The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card or net banking while the offline payment can be made through a bank challan.
BITSAT application fee is depicted below:
|For Male candidates||INR 2950|
|For Female candidates||INR 2450|
|For NRI candidates||$70 (INR 4500)|
BITSAT Application Form FAQs
Ques. I am unable to access BITSAT 2018 online application form. Can you send BITSAT application form by email or post?
Ans. BITSAT application form cannot be sent by email or post. If you get any specific error while applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help with the required details.
Ques. What is the application procedure for NRIs?
Ans. There is no separate procedure for NRIs. However, those candidates who have citizenship other than INDIA can apply under International students’ admissions scheme.
Ques. Does any other university admit students based on BITSAT 2018 score?
Ans. Yes, there are universities which admit students using BITSAT 2018 scores. NIIT University will now be accepting BITSAT scores for admission into their programs. BITS Pilani has no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of programs at NIIT University.
How to Prepare for BITSAT 2018?
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam- BISAT is conducted in online mode.
- Duration- The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Sectional Time Limit- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- Total Questions- A candidate has to solve 150 questions.
- Nature of Questions- All questions are of objective type.
- Marking Scheme- Each correct answer is credited with 3 marks.
- Negative Marking- There is a penalty of 1 mark which will be levied on answering the question wrongly.
- Sections- A candidate has to answer questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
The distribution of questions among the sections is depicted below:
|Subject||Number of questions|
NOTE: Those who will attempt 150 questions before the completion of 3 hours, will get 12 more questions to their advantage, from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
Read More BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Sectional Details in BITSAT 2018
- Physics section comprises 40 MCQs from different topics of class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- As per the analysis, more questions are asked from class 11 syllabus than that of class 12.
- The maximum number of questions are asked from Current Electricity followed by Electrostatics.
- There are both conceptual and numerical questions in the exam.
- Chemistry section has 40 objective type questions from class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- There are more questions from chapters of inorganic chemistry than the organic and physical chemistry.
- There are more conceptual type questions than numerical questions in the exam.
- Maximum numerical questions are from Chemical Kinetics and Thermodynamics.
- Mathematics section comprises 45 objective questions from different topics of class 11 and 12 syllabi.
- There are more questions from Class 12 CBSE or Board syllabus as per the analysis.
- Maximum number of MCQs are asked from Indefinite Integrals followed by Vectors and 3D.
- The difficulty level of this section varies moderately to difficult.
English and Logical Reasoning
- English Proficiency section assesses the candidate’s general proficiency in English.
- There should be a knowledge of basic grammar, vocabulary, ability to read fast and comprehend and the ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
- Logical Reasoning section tests the ability to think logically to perceive data accurately, understand relationships and figure out patterns and missing numbers or words correctly.
- This section judges both verbal and non- verbal reasoning ability of the candidate.
How was BITSAT 2017?
- Physics- The section was easier as compared to previous years. Out of 40, 25-30 were easy to answer. Most questions came from Mechanics.
- Maths- This is reasonably an easy section. Most questions were asked from Algebra.
- Chemistry- This section was of moderate difficulty level. Very few questions from Organic were observed, which were a relief to all. A strong hold on Physical Chemistry and Mole Concept is advised.
- English- It was easy too. You could get 12–13 answers and that’s a good number.
- Reasoning- This section was also easy overall. You could have scored well if you practiced the mock test well.
Read BITSAT 2017 Analysis
Syllabus for BITSAT 2018
Candidates must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabi of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology.
Check Here Detailed BITSAT Syllabus
For the ease of candidates, we have curated BITSATsample papers and mock tests. These will help understand the pattern and important topics to be expected in BITSAT 2018.
Practising BITSAT Sample Papers carry a number of advantage. Some of the benefits are given below:
- To prepare and perform better in BITSAT 2018 test.
- These mock tests are set on the pattern followed by BITSAT 2018.
- Candidates can attempt them to analyze their preparation and performance.
- It is important to solve mock tests and sample papers beforehand to analyze the level of preparation and areas that need improvement.
BITSAT Preparation Books
Candidates preparing for BITSAT 2018 must refer to the below books. These books have been sworn by the toppers. They include topics that are frequent in BITSAT question paper and can help you improve your score.
- NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Std. XI and XII)
- BITSAT Explorer by MTG Learning Media Pvt. Ltd.
- A Complete Success Package for Online BITSAT by Arihant Experts (With CD)
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT
- Wren & Martin for English
BITSAT 2018 Results
- The result for BITSAT is released in two parts.
- One, candidates can check their BITSAT Score just when they complete their exam. The computer screen displays the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores
- Second, an admit list and wait list of iteration will be released on June 20.
- Adding to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online, expected to come out in the third week of May.
To check the results online, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of BITS.
Step 2: Click on the tab for “Online Result for BITS 2018”.
Step 3: Enter their name, application number, date of birth and roll no. and submit
Step 4: The online Scorecard for BITS 2018 will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Download it for further use
Highlights of BITSAT Score (2013-2017)
|No of Candidates with score >=400||162||256||246||304||381|
|No of Candidates with score >=350||1316||1926||2097||2319||2773|
|No of Candidates with score >=300||5860||7171||8184||8789||9290|
|No of Candidates with score >=250||17044||19341||21821||22441||23458|
|No of Candidates with score >=225||25617||28720||31882||32565||33633|
Preparation of BITSAT Merit List for Admission
Only eligible candidates who score the required minimum marks will be able to participate in admission rounds. Interested candidates are required to submit Admission Application with class 12 marks and preferences to different BITS Campuses. Admission decisions for Iteration 1 Result will be announced on June 20, 2018.
- Further details about different iterations will be announced on the BITSAT 2018 admission website.
- The merit position of such eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of BITSAT 2018 scores.
- 2 separate merit lists will be prepared for admission: All Programs except B.Pharm and Only B.Pharm Program.
Read more about BITSAT Merit List
Expected BITSAT 2018 Cut Off
BITSAT 2018 cut off is the qualifying marks which must be scored by candidates to participate in admission rounds. The cut off scores vary from year to year
Here is the branch-wise cutoff for all BITS campuses for your reference:
|Course||Expected Cutoff for BITS Pilani||Expected Cutoff for BITS Goa||Expected Cutoff for BITS Hyderabad|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||355||320||310|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||382||350||339|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332||301||298|
|M.Sc. Biological Sciences||237||202||202|
BITSAT is conducted for all the degree-level courses in engineering, pharmacy & science. These courses are offered by various campuses of BITS- Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai.
The below table explains the availability of these courses in each campus:
|Programme||Field||Pilani Campus||Goa Campus||Hyderabad Campus||Dubai Campus|
|Electrical & Electronics Engg.||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||✖||✔||✔||✔|
|Electronics & Instrumental Engg.||✔||✔||✔||✔|
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Procedure
- Candidates who get a call for admission have to go through a separate registration process.
- The admission form will be available on the official website from 3rd week of May 2018 onwards.
- Along with the admission form, candidates also have to submit details of their 12th marks and preference of courses.
- The admission form must be sent to the address given below, with attested copies of class 10th and 12th Marksheet by June 18, 2018.
The Dean Admissions,
BITS Pilani 333 031
- BITSAT 2018 Counselling will be done in 4 iterations.
- If BITSAT 2018 total score is same for two candidates then, the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
- Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2018 Score.
- There is no reservation in BITSAT 2018.
Check BITSAT Admission Process
Scholarships to BITS
There are various kinds of scholarships that candidates can avail. It is important to fulfil the eligibility conditions before applying for these. You can read the details of scholarships below:
- Board Toppers- Candidates who secure the top 3 positions in class XII in their respective boards are given a merit scholarship of 100%, 75% and 50% of the first-semester tuition fee respectively for the first semester
- Merit in Qualifying Examination
- Students who have obtained 90% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 20% of first-semester tuition fee.
- Students who have obtained 80% or above but less than 90% in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 15% of the first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Competitive Examinations- Students who have appeared in AIEEE or IIT-JEE for admission to engineering programmes, are awarded scholarships ranging from 25%-75% in the first-year tuition fee depending on the score secured in the examination.
For more details, read Scholarships in BITS
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College