Table of Contents
BITSAT 2020 Counselling (Started), Result, Merit List, Cutoff
BITS Pilani has released Iteration 2 results for admissions in first degree programs on October 15, 2020, at 9 PM. Students can check the iteration result by logging into their accounts. Check Here
Meanwhile, the withdrawal window for confirmed fee paid candidates is open between October 19, 2020 (2 PM) to October 21, 2020 (11:59 PM). While the window for waitlisted candidates is open between October 20, 2020 at 2 PM to October 21, 2020 (11:59 PM).
However, students must ensure to carefully take the decision. If the candidate has withdrawn his/her admission, they won’t be able to participate in the further admission process and their seat would be allotted to other students based on merit. Check BITSAT 2020 Expected Cutoff
BITSAT 2020 Latest Updates
- October 20, 2020: Withdrawal window available for waitlisted candidates till Oct 21, 2020 (11:55 PM).
- October 19, 2020: Withdrawal window is now available for confirmed candidates till Oct 21, 2020 (11:55 PM). Check Details
- October 9, 2020: Admission fee payment date for BITSAT 2020 under Iteration 1 has been extended till October 12, 2020.
- October 05, 2020: BITSAT 2020 First Iteration Result Out. Read More
- September 29, 2020: BITSAT 2020 Results and Scorecard Out. Read More
- September 23, 2020: BITSAT 2020 Concludes Successfully, Check Paper Analysis
Table of Content
- BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
- BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
- BITSAT 2020 Exam Center
- BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
- BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
- BITSAT 2020 Cut Off
- BITSAT 2020 FAQs
BITSAT is a national level exam conducted by BITS Pilani for admission to Integrated First Degree programs offered at BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. To become eligible for the admission process candidates must have completed class 12th from a recognized institute with an aggregate of 75% marks in PCM/B with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology separately.
Must Read: How to Prepare for BITSAT 2020?
BITSAT 2020 Highlights
|BITSAT Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based Test|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Application Fee||Male: Rs. 3300|
Female: Rs. 2800
Dubai Exam Center: 6300
|Total Seats Offered||2,000|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 Lakh|
|Number of Exam Centers||58|
|Accepting Colleges||BITS Pilani|
- In case of scoring less in JEE Main, BITSAT works as a savior. It is an entry ticket to the best institutes in India. Download BITSAT Practice Papers
- State Board toppers are offered direct admission.
- BITS allows candidates to choose their preferred ‘course combinations’.
- The salary and placements offered at the best in the market.
- The infrastructure and ambience of all BITS campuses are par excellence.
BITSAT 2020 Admission Schedule
|BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates||September 16-18 and 21-23, 2020|
|Submission of Class 12 Marks and Preferences||October 1, 2020|
|Corrections in already Submitted Preferences||October 2, 2020 (12 PM)|
|Admission and Waiting List Announcement after Round/ Iteration 1||October 5, 2020 (9 PM)|
|Last date for Admission Fee Payment||October 12, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Admission Assignment after Iteration 2||October 15, 2020 (9 PM) (Released)|
|Payment of Fees (by candidates shortlisted under Iteration 2)||October 17, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Withdrawal Request by Candidates||October 20, 2020 (5 PM)|
|3Admission Assignment after Iteration 3||October 23, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Payment of fees (by candidates shortlisted under Iteration 3)||October 28, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Document Verification in Online Mode (by candidates shortlisted under Iterations 1 to 3)||October 30, 2020|
|Online Orientation Programme||October 31, 2020|
|Admission Assignment after Iteration 4||October 31, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Campus Registration for courses||November 2, 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||November 3, 2020|
|Document Verification in Online Mode (by candidates shortlisted under Iteration 4)||November 9, 2020|
|Admission Assignment after Iteration 5||November 10, 2020|
|Document Verification in Online Mode (by candidates shortlisted under Iteration 5)||November 14, 2020|
|Admission Assignment after Iteration 6 (if required)||November 16, 2020|
|Document Verification in Online Mode (by candidates shortlisted under Iteration 6)||November 20, 2020|
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates can download their admit card from the official website from September 13, 2020.
- BITSAT Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the official website.
- The hall ticket includes the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, test center details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot, and exam instructions.
- Use BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Sample of BITSAT Admit Card
BITSAT 2020 Exam Center
BITSAT 2020 Exam Center
BITSAT will be conducted in more than 50 exam cities across India and an International center in Dubai, UAE. Candidates were given an option to select a maximum of 3 exam center preferences. Those planning to appear for the test in Dubai center can set only one preference. Check BITSAT Exam Centers
- Moreover, the Test city allotment announcement to candidates will be made soon.
- The authorities will send an email on the registered email Ids of the candidates with the information about the test city.
BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
Slot booking process of BITSAT 2020 is an online process wherein candidates have to select their desired test date and time slot for the exam.
BITSAT Slot Booking is offered on First Come First Serve Basis. In case candidates who don’t book a slot for BITSAT, they will be offered slots by the institute. Post booking the slots, BITSAT Admit Card will be issued. The process of booking BITSAT Slot includes following steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website and login with your application number and date of birth.
Step 2: Choose an exam center as per your preference.
Step 3: Choose a test date that is suitable to you.
Step 4: Select a test slot.
Step 5: Submit the details.
Eligibility for BITSAT 2020
The basic eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2020 is to secure a minimum of 75% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in class 12th. Candidates who opted for Biology must have an aggregate score of 75% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Candidates should make sure that the individual marks in each subject should be 60%. The course-wise eligibility is listed below:
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.) Programs
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- They must secure the minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharm (Hons.) Programs
- Students must have successfully passed class 12th examinations with minimum 75% aggregate marks.
- They must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects in Class 12th.
- Candidates who have passed class 12th in 2020 or 2019 are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Registration
The application process for BITSAT 2020 started from January 11, 2020 and the last date for registration was May 17, 2020 (till 5:00 PM). The process to apply was completely online.
- Step 1: Application Form- Filling- Enter your personal and academic details to generate a unique application number.
- Step 2: Upload Scanned Images- Make sure the size of the image is between 4 kb to 50 Kb (for photograph) and 1 kb to 30 kb (for signature)
- Step 3: Payment of Application Fee- This varies for male & female candidates and NRI candidates. The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card or net banking while the offline payment can be made through a bank challan.
BITSAT application fee is depicted below:
|For Male candidates||INR 3300|
|For Female candidates||INR 2800|
|For Dubai exam center||$90 (INR 6300)|
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
BITSAT 2020 will be a 3-hour long computer-based test having 150 multiple-choice questions. The syllabus of the exam will be based on class 11th & 12th Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English and Logical Reasoning. Quick highlights of BITSAT Exam Pattern are discussed below:
|Mode of exam||Online mode|
|Sectional Time Limit||no time limit for individual parts of the test|
|Nature of Questions||Objective type|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each right answer|
-1 for each wrong answer
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning|
The distribution of questions among the sections is depicted in the table below:
|Subject||Number of questions|
How was BITSAT 2019?
- Physics- The section was easier as compared to previous years. Out of 40, 25-30 were easy to answer. Most questions came from Mechanics.
- Maths- This is reasonably an easy section. Most questions were asked from Algebra.
- Chemistry- This section was of moderate difficulty level. Very few questions from Organic were observed, which were a relief to all. A stronghold on Physical Chemistry and Mole Concept is advised.
- English- It was easy too. You could get 12–13 answers and that’s a good number.
- Reasoning- This section was also easy overall. You could have scored well if you practiced the mock test well.
Read BITSAT Analysis
Syllabus for BITSAT 2020
There is no change in BITSAT Syllabus. Candidates must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology. Some important topics from each section are listed below :
|Physics||Mechanical Properties, Current Electricity, Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation, Magnetism & Moving Charges, Rigid Body Dynamics, Gravitation, Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power|
|Chemistry||P-Block Elements, Hydrogen and the s-Block Element, Coordination Compounds, Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry, States of Matter, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alkenes and Alkynes, Chemical Bonding|
|English||Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Composition|
|Logical Reasoning||Analogy, Classification, Logical Deduction, Series completion, Pattern perception, paper cutting, Rule detection, Figure matrix|
|Mathematics||Complex no., Quadratic equation, Matrices & determinants, Trigonometry, Probability, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation|
For the ease of candidates, we have curated BITSATsample papers and mock tests. These will help understand the pattern and important topics to be expected in BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Preparation Books
Candidates preparing for BITSAT 2020 must refer to the below books. These books have been sworn by the toppers. They include topics that are frequent in BITSAT question paper and can help you improve your score.
- NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Std. XI and XII)
- BITSAT Explorer by MTG Learning Media Pvt. Ltd.
- A Complete Success Package for Online BITSAT by Arihant Experts (With CD)
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT
- Wren & Martin for English
BITSAT 2020 Results
The result for BITSAT is released in two parts. One, candidates can check their BITSAT Score just when they complete their exam. The computer screen displays the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores. Second, an admit list and wait list of iteration is released in the month of June. Adding to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online.
To check the results online, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of BITS.
Step 2:Click on the tab for “Online Result for BITS 2020”.
Step 3: Enter their name, application number, date of birth and roll no. and submit
Step 4: The online Scorecard for BITS 2020 will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Download it for further use
BITSAT Answer Keys- BITS does not release any official answer key. However, some leading coaching institutes release the answers. Once the answer key for BITSAT 2020 is out, you can match your answers and find out the probable score.
Highlights of BITSAT Score (2014-2018)
|No of Candidates with score >=400||162||256||246||304||381||280|
|No of Candidates with score >=350||1316||1926||2097||2319||2773||2044|
|No of Candidates with score >=300||5860||7171||8184||8789||9290||7488|
|No of Candidates with score >=250||17044||19341||21821||22441||23458||19746|
|No of Candidates with score >=225||25617||28720||31882||32565||33633||29079|
Preparation of BITSAT Merit List for Admission
Only eligible candidates who score the required minimum marks will be able to participate in admission rounds. Interested candidates are required to submit Admission Application with class 12 marks and preferences to different BITS Campuses. Admission decisions for Iteration 1 Result will be announced in the month of June, 2020.
- Further details about different iterations will be announced on the BITSAT 2020 admission website.
- The merit position of such eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of BITSAT 2020 scores.
- 2 separate merit lists will be prepared for admission: All Programs except B.Pharm and Only B.Pharm Program.
Read more about BITSAT Merit List
Expected BITSAT 2020 Cut Off
BITSAT 2020 cut off is the qualifying mark that must be scored by candidates to participate in admission rounds. The cut off scores varies from year to year. Check Detailed BITSAT Cut off
Here is the branch-wise cutoff for all BITS campuses for your reference:
|Course||Expected Cutoff for BITS Pilani||Expected Cutoff for BITS Goa||Expected Cutoff for BITS Hyderabad|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||355||320||310|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||382||350||339|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332||301||298|
|M.Sc. Biological Sciences||237||202||202|
BITSAT is conducted for all the degree-level courses in engineering, pharmacy & science. These courses are offered by various campuses of BITS- Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai.
The below table explains the availability of these courses on each campus:
|Program||Field||Pilani Campus||Goa Campus||Hyderabad Campus||Dubai Campus|
|Electrical & Electronics Engg.||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||✖||✔||✔||✔|
|Electronics & Instrumental Engg.||✔||✔||✔||✔|
BITSAT 2020 Counselling Procedure
- Candidates who get a call for admission have to go through a separate registration process.
- Along with the admission form, candidates also have to submit details of their 12th marks and preference of courses.
- The admission form must be sent to the address given below, with attested copies of class 10th and 12th Marksheet.
BITS Pilani 333 031
- BITSAT 2020 Counselling will be done in 5-6 iterations.
- If BITSAT 2020 total score is the same for two candidates then, the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
- Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 Score.
- There is no reservation in BITSAT 2020.
Scholarships to BITS
There are various kinds of scholarships that candidates can avail. It is important to fulfill the eligibility conditions before applying for these. You can read the details of scholarships below:
- Board Toppers- Candidates who secure the top 3 positions in class XII in their respective boards are given a merit scholarship of 100%, 75% and 50% of the first semester tuition fee respectively for the first semester
- Merit in Qualifying Examination
- Students who have obtained 90% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 20% of first-semester tuition fee.
- Students who have obtained 80% or above but less than 90% in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 15% of the first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Competitive Examinations Students who have appeared in NEET or JEE-Advanced for admission to engineering programmes, are awarded scholarships ranging from 25%-75% in the first-year tuition fee depending on the score secured in the examination.
BITS Fee Structure
The following fees schedule is applicable for candidates seeking new admission in 2020:
|Application Fees (one time)||Rs. 3300 (Male), Rs. 2800 (Female)|
|Admission Fees (one time)||INR 36,200|
|Semester Fees (per semester)||INR 1,59,000|
NOTE: Admission Fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) are to be paid together once admission is offered to the candidate. Thus, a candidate who has been offered admission will have to pay INR 1,95,200/-. You may choose to make the payment using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card through the Online Application Centre.
BITSAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the marking scheme of BITSAT 2020?
Ans. As per the marking scheme of BITSAT 2020 : 3 marks are awarded for each right answer and 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer. No mark is deducted for unattempted question.
Ques. What are the sections in BITSAT 2020 exam?
Ans. As per the pattern BITSAT 2020 involves 5 sections : Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English and Logical Reasoning.
Ques. What is the process of filling BITSAT 2020 Application form?
Ans. BITSAT 2020 application form can be filled online only. Candidates first have to register by putting their details, post that an application form has to be filled and the last step is to pay the application fee.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee through offline mode?
Ans. BITSAT 2020 Application fee has to be paid online only. Candidates can pay via Credit card/ Debit Card or Net Banking.
Ques. I have completed my class 12th with 75% aggregate marks but the marks scored in Physics are 58%. Am I eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020?
Ans. NO, unfortunately you are not eligible for BITSAT 2020. As per the eligibility criteria candidate should have scored 75% aggregate marks and 60% marks in each subject.
Ques. What is the age criteria for BITSAT 2020?
Ans. As per the age criteria for BITSAT 2020, candidate should have completed 12th in 2019 or 2020.
Ques. What is the application fee for BITSAT 2020?
Ans. The application fee for BITSAT 2020 is :
Male candidates : INR 3300/-
Female candidates : INR 2800/-
For Dubai Exam Center : INR 6300/-
Ques. What can be done if admit card is lost?
Ans. In case a candidate loses his/her admit card, they can login to the official website and download it again.
Ques. How many exam centers can we choose? Can the center be changed later on?
Ans. Once the exam center is chosen it cannot be changed. A candidate can select maximum 3 exam center preferences while filling the application form.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College