COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Surrender Policy - Engineering
COMEDK Seat Surrender or withdraw is a part of COMEDK counselling process. The term simply means to withdraw an allotted seat in the first round of counselling. These seats are then transferred to the 2nd round of counselling. Read about COMEDK UGET Counselling
- Candidates who give up the seat after the specified duration will not be eligible for a fee refund.
- The fee will be refunded only to the account from which the payment was initially made.
- The surrendering can be done before the second round of COMEDK UGET counselling commences. Know about COMEDK Seat Allotment
COMEDK UGET Seat Surrender Procedure
Steps to withdraw or surrender an allocated seat is given below:
- Log in to your account using your COMEDK Login Credentials.
- Click on ‘Surrender Form’ tab.
- The COMEDK seat surrender form will appear by clicking on the ‘+’ sign.
- A screen will appear which will depict the seat selected in the first round of counselling along with the application number, name of the candidate, selected college and course.
- If you wish to surrender/cancel your seat, click on ‘yes’ for surrender. After this, you will have no claim on the surrendered seat.
- If you wish to participate in the second round of counselling, click on ‘Reject and Upgrade’. Refund will be processed only after the second round. Candidates must note that they are required to get all the original documents and demand draft of INR 5000 during the second round of counselling.
- If you do not wish to take part in the second round, click on ‘Reject and Withdraw’.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to surrender your seat.
Check COMEDK UGET Cutoff
How to Claim a Refund for the Surrendered Seat?
- If the candidate has completed the document verification process in the first round of counselling, they must send the Original Allotment and Verification Card to the following address of COMEDK Office only via registered post:
COMEDK, 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- For those candidates who select ‘Reject and Upgrade’ in the Seat Surrender Form, a refund will be processed only if they do not accept a seat in the second round of counselling. They must also send the Original Allotment and Verification Card, if any, to the COMEDK Office.
- For those candidates who select ‘Reject and Withdraw’ in the Seat Surrender Form, a refund will be processed only after they send the receipt of Original Allotment and Verification Card, issued after the Seat Allotment process, to the COMEDK Office.
- Refund will be directed into the same account/card from which the transaction was made. It cannot be initiated into any other account and requests for the same will not be entertained.
Check COMEDK UGET Participating Institutes
COMEDK UGET Fee Refund and Fee Forfeiture
COMEDK refund policy is explained in the table below. Candidates must remember that the refund will be initiated to the account from which the transaction was made initially. Hence, it is advised that they use their own account for the transactions.
|Description of Fee collected by COMEDK||Amount||Fee Refund Process|
|Part of the tuition fee at the time of registration for 1st round of counselling||INR 5000||Fee will be refunded if the candidate has opted for ‘Reject and Withdraw’ after Round 1 or if no seat has been allotted in round 1 of 2|
|Part of tuition fee at the time of accepting the seat allotted in 1st round, i.e., for candidates who selected the ‘Accept’/’Accept and Upgrade’ option in Round 1||INR 50,000||Fee will be refunded if the candidate has surrendered the seat within the surrender period. No fee Refund will be initiated if the candidate surrenders the seat after the surrender period.|
|Part of tuition fee at the time of accepting the seat allotted in 2nd round, i.e., for candidates who selected the ‘Accept’ option in Round 2||INR 50,000||Fee will not be refunded under any circumstance.|
Note: Convenience charge collected by the payment gateway during any of the transactions will not be refunded under any circumstances.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College