COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling for engineering and architecture will start tentatively from July 16, 2019. The exam is scheduled for May 12, 2019 in online (computer-based) mode.
- Detailed schedule for the exam will be released shortly, registration window will become functional in January 2019.
- The score card for UGET 2019 will be made available on the official website i.e. comedk.org. Know more
- More than 150 engineering colleges in Karnataka have joined together and have entrusted COMEDK with the responsibility of conducting UGET 2019. Check COMEDK Colleges
COMEDK Counselling #Facts
- Counselling Rounds: maximum 2 rounds
- Counselling Sessions: maximum 7 sessions per round
- Counselling Stages: 5 namely Registration, Fee Payment, Choice Filing, Allotment of Seats and Document Verification
- Who can apply? – qualifiers of COMEDK UGET (engineering) and NATA exam qualifiers (architecture). But, candidates must register online to take part in counselling.
- Candidates who wish to take admission in any college under the ERA Foundation must contact the college directly since they will have a separate counselling procedure.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling Schedule
COMEDK UGET counselling schedule will be released in June/ July 2019. A tentative calendar is mentioned below:
|Rank 1 – 3000||July 16, 2019|
|Rank 3001 – 6000||July 17, 2019|
|Rank 6001 – 9000||July 18, 2019|
|Rank 9001 – 12600||July 19, 2019|
|Rank 12601 – 16800||July 20, 2019|
|Rank 16801 – 21600||July 21, 2019|
|Rank 21601 – 27000||July 22, 2019|
|Rank 27001 – 33000||July 23, 2019|
|Rank 33001 – 40200||July 24, 2019|
|Rank 40201 – 48600||July 25, 2019|
|Rank 48601 – 61500||July 26, 2019|
- The Consortium will conduct a mock allotment after the declaration of merit list, for the ease of students participating in COMEDK Counselling.
- After the allotment of seats, they will be given a window to modify their choice preferences.
- COMEDK Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of merit and preference of choice filling.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the counselling venue without the rank card. Check COMEDK Cut off
Documents Required for COMEDK Counselling
It is mandatory for candidates to carry the below mentioned documents in original along with 1 set of attested photocopies at the time counselling:
- A copy of the COMEDK UGET Application form
- A valid Identity Proof (Voter ID Card, Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhar Card/ E-Aadhar Card, School/College Photo ID,)
- COMEDK Admit Card/Test Admission Ticket (TAT)
- COMEDK Rank Card
- NATA Score Card (for B.Arch. aspirants)
- Parent or Guardian Identity Proof (Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhar Card)
- Class X or equivalent exam certificate or the School Leaving certificate for Date of Birth verification
- Marks sheet of Class XII or 2nd PUC or an equivalent exam
- A crossed Demand Draft for INR 55,000 drawn on any nationalized banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore
- SC/ST category certificate issued by the competent authority (not below the rank of Tahsildar) (If applicable)
- For Other Backward Classes (Category I, IIA, IIB, and IIIA, IIIB) - A caste and income certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue Jurisdictional Authority valid for 2019 year.
- For Minority candidates -Religious (Christian), Linguistics (Telugu/Tamil/ Tulu) candidates have to produce a valid certificate issued by the school from which the candidate has studied.
- Residential/Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority stating that the parents of the applicant have been residing in Karnataka State for seven or more years.
- The candidates also have to submit a proof that their parents have been studying in Karnataka State for a continuous period of 7 years.
- Certificate issued by the jurisdictional Assistant Commissioner of the corresponding Sub division in the district confirming their H-K region status. (if applicable)
Note: The applicants have to mention TAT number, name and contact number at the backside of the Demand Draft. They are also advised to keep a copy of the DD with them.
COMEDK UGET Counselling – Schedule & Procedure
COMEDK UGET Counselling Procedure (Engineering)
These are the steps that the candidates must follow to take part in COMEDK Counselling 2019.
Step I- Registration and Payment of Fee for Counselling
- Enter your COMEDK Login details in the Applicant Login ID.
- Click on ‘Counselling Process’
- Check your details and pay a fee of INR 5000.
- When the screen shows ‘successful payment’, log in to your account again to participate in Counselling
Step II- Option Entry and Locking
- After successful payment, log in and click on ‘Option Entry’
- Select whether you want to make a choice based on the list of colleges or courses.
- Click on ‘Add Preference’. Make sure that the college and course you select is appearing under ‘Selected Preferences’.
- Ensure that you select the college and course in order of your preference.
- Click on the ‘Save’ Button to add your preference.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to see your selected choices. If you wish to remove any course or college from the list, click on the ‘remove’ button available on the right hand side of each choice.
- Once you’re satisfied with your preference list, click on save and take a print out for future reference.
Step III- COMEDK Mock Allotment
On the basis of preferences entered in Step II, candidates will be allotted seats. They will have the option to change their preferences during Mock Allotment.
- Log in to your Account and click on ‘Counselling Process’
- Check your allotted college, course and preference number.
- If you wish to make any changes to your list, click on ‘Option Entry’ and add, remove or reorder your preferences.
- Once you’re done, click on ‘Save’ and take a print out for future reference.
Step IV- Allotment of Seats
Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of candidate’s rank in the COMEDK Merit list and the preferences submitted during online counselling and Mock Allotment. The offline Counselling will be held in Bangalore where the final seat allotment will be done. Students must be prepared for the following at the COMEDK counselling venue.
- Submission and Verification of documents
- Registration of candidates that includes Biometric Verification, Signature, Photo verification and issuance of registration slip.
- Seat Allocation
- Depositing the Demand Draft
- Collection of Allotment Letter and Fee Receipt
Note- No duplicate allotment letter will be issued under any situation. Therefore, it is important to keep the Allotment Letter carefully. If the allotment letter issued to the applicant is found tampered, then the competent authority can cancel such allotment.
Step V- Post Seat Allotment choices for the Candidates
Candidates have 4 options after they have been allotted seats.
- Accept- In this case, they will not be eligible for the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted and report to the allotted college for verification of documents.
- Accept and Upgrade- In this case, they will be eligible for second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted and report to the allotted college for verification of documents. If higher preferences are not available, then the seat allotted in first round will be retained.
- Reject and Upgrade- Seat allotted in first round must be given up to take part in the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted in round 2 and report to the allotted college for verification of documents.
- Reject and Withdraw- In this case, candidate will give up he seat allotted in 1st round and will be ineligible for further rounds of counselling.
Step VI- Document Verification & Allotment Letter
- This step is only for those students who have selected the ‘Accept’ option after 1st round of counselling.
- Download the Verification Entry Card from ‘Documents required for Verification’ tab in the COMEDK Login.
- Once the candidates have got their documents verified, they will receive the Original Allotment Letter from the venue of document verification.
- They are required to report to the allotted college within the time period stipulated in the letter.
COMDEK UGET Counselling (Architecture)
- A candidate can participate in 1st round of counselling process for Architecture, if he or she has been allotted an engineering seat in the 1st round of counselling.
- In case a candidate selects architecture seat, the engineering seat will automatically get surrendered. He/ she will not be eligible to attend any further round of engineering counseling.
- A candidate can participate in 1st round of counselling process for Architecture, if he or she has not selected an engineering seat in the 1st round of counselling.
- However, the candidate can still attend the 2nd round of engineering counselling.
- In case a candidate selects an engineering seat in the 2nd round, the earlier architecture seat will automatically get surrendered.
- A candidate will not be eligible to attend any further round of architecture counselling.
- However a candidate can attend 2nd round of Architecture counselling, if he or she does not select a seat an architecture seat during 1st round of counselling.
- All the candidates (including SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) seeking admission to B.Arch shall pass the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper 2
- Qualification in NATA is subject to the candidate getting at least cut-off marks in two individual components and also getting at least the qualifying marks in aggregate.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application for participation in the Counselling.
COMDEK UGET Counselling (Special Categories)
- Separate round of counselling will be held during the 2nd round of counselling, if the seats reserved for them are still available.
- If seats are left vacant after this exclusive counselling process, then they will be available for students belonging to the General category.
- A candidate who is allocated a minority seat during the 1st round of counselling can only participate in the 2nd round of counselling held for Minority candidates.
- A student holding a minority seat is not eligible to participate in the 2nd round of counselling held for General candidates.
COMDEK UGET Counselling Fee Refund Policy
- It is very important for a candidate to surrender their seat during the specified dates to get a fee refund after deduction of INR 5000 (Administrative Expenses).
- Students can Check out the Seat Surrender Procedure to get acquaimnted with the process. The refunded amount will be given as crossed A/c payee cheque in the name of the candidate only.
- Students are required to bring the original allotment letter for COMEDK, Bank receipt and Verification card received by them.
- A candidate may be required to get all original documents verified at the time of counselling, and the Transfer Certificate and Migration Certificate at the college level during admission.
In case of any query, you can contact COMEDK UGET 2019 Help Desk:
Timings: Monday to Friday – 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM and 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Saturdays - From 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Telephone No: Toll Free: 18001036182,
Office No. 080 – 40921612
COMEDK UGET FAQs
Ques. I am appearing for MBBS counselling and have appeared for COMEDK, what documents I should carry on the day of counselling?
Ans. You need to carry the following documents on the day of counselling:
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- NEET 2019 Result
- COMEDK Online Application Form
- 10th standard Pass Certificate (to act as birth certificate)
- 12th standard Mark Sheet
- Caste certificate (for Karnataka candidates only)
- OBC Certificate (for Karnataka candidates only)
- Minority certificate issued by the educational institution confirmed.
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Eligibility Certificate (if applicable)
- Valid ID Proof: Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Voters ID, Certificate with photo issued by the Head of the Institution last studied, School/College ID
Ques. What is the postal address for sending enquiry related to COMEDK counselling?
Ans. You can send the enquiry at the following address:
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
# 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore-560 055
Ques. I am an NRI student and I want to get admission in MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology. I have cleared the minimum Cutoff. What documents do I need to carry on the day of counselling?
Ans. You need to carry the following documents on the day of counselling:
- Valid passport and visa copies of parent and student (if student is studying in India, passport and visa copy not required).
- Employment certificate of Father/ Mother from the employer stating working from to till date (Minimum 10 years of service is compulsory) for students taking admission under NRI Quota. (Original)
- Letter from Indian Embassy in proof of NRI Status.
- Qualifying marks sheet of student
- RP (Residential Permit).
Demand draft should be made in Dollars in favour of ‘M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore’
Ques. Has any notification been released for medical and dental colleges counselling in 2019?
Ans. No, counselling for medical and dental colleges in Bangalore is now conducted through NEET since it is now the qualifying exam for admission into MBBS and BDS.
Ques. I am from Bangalore. Can I appear for counselling in other state quota for MBBS as I could not get a seat under 85% quota?
Ans. No, you cannot as you are domiciled for the Karnataka state quota and generally to avail the benefit you must have domicile of a different state and must apply through 85% State Quota.
Ques. At the time of counselling, the counselling team asked to fill 3 colleges, but I want to study in only 1 college of my choice. So the admission counsellor will grant me 3 colleges to choose from or only 1 college will be available according to my choice?
Ans. You are asked to give list of 3 colleges, so the counsellor can allot you any 1 college according to your rank and seat availability. There is an automated process of seat allotment, so you will be allotted a seat according to the availability.
Ques. I did not appear for COMEDK as I was not well, but I have a good score in NATA. Can I appear for counselling?
Ans. In this case, you can only appear for COMEDK counselling if you wish to get admission in the B.Arch. course as NATA scores are accepted for that. However, without appearing in COMEDK UGET, you cannot appear for Engineering Counselling.
Ques. I deposited the admission fee of INR 55000 during the first round of counselling, now my niece wants to be part of the second round of counselling. If she gets a new college, will the fee be adjusted or not?
Ans. Fee adjustment is not the responsibility of the counselling body. The students will get their fee adjusted only through the respective colleges once they surrender that seat and take admission in the college allotted in the second round of counselling.
Ques. I want a seat in MBBS program, but I have not appeared in the COMEDK entrance exam. How will I get a seat in this situation?
Ans. The seats are allotted through NEET Counselling. So if you have appeared for NEET then you will be invited for counselling, provided, you have cleared the minimum cut off.
Ques. What is the Mock Allotment process?
Ans. Before the final seat allotment, candidates are allotted seats in a college and course based on the preferences submitted during online counselling. Mock Allotment gives the candidates a chance to modify their options/preference list before the final allotment.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College