COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling for B.Tech will commence in June, 2021. For the approved candidates, the choice filling form will be released and made available in the candidate’s login page. B. Arch counselling Verification status is also made available on the official website – comedk.org. Check COMEDK UGET Cutoff
COMEDK Latest Updates:
- April 22 : Counselling will be commenced in june 2021 tentatively
- March 22 : COMEDK 2021 application form available from March 22, 2021 till May 20, 2021
- Feb 8 : COMEDK 2021 Exams to be held on June 20,2021.
COMEDK UGET 2021 centralised counselling will be conducted in online mode for undergraduate engineering admissions in 181 colleges for the upcoming session. Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of the candidate’s rank in the COMEDK Merit list and their submitted preferences.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling Facts
- Counselling Rounds: maximum 3 rounds
- Counselling Sessions: maximum of 7 sessions per round
- Counselling Stages: 5- Registration, Uploading documents for verification, Choice Filling, Mock Allotment, Allotment of Seats.
- Who can apply? – Qualifiers of COMEDK UGET (engineering) and NATA exam qualifiers (architecture). But, candidates must register online to take part in counselling.
- Candidates who have passed 12th/equivalent with 45% marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer(40% for SC, ST and OBCs of Karnataka State only).
- However, candidates appearing for supplementary exam of PU Board / 10+2 for 2021-22 can upload their present marks card for the time being. Since their counseling will be done after all rounds of regular counseling, opportunity will be given to them for uploading their qualified marks card at a later stage. Nevertheless, they have to fulfill all other eligibility criteria.
- Last year, the counselling was conducted at NMKRV College, Bangalore. However, this year the counselling process shall be held online.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling Schedule
The tentative COMEDK UGET 2021 counselling schedule for B. Tech is tabulated below:
|Online Registration for counselling and document upload||June, 2021|
|Last date to register for counselling and upload documents for verification||TBA|
|Start date for Choice filling(for candidates whose documents are successfully verified)||TBA|
|Mock Allotment & edit of choice filling form||TBA|
|Last date to make change in Choice filling form/Choice Locking||TBA|
|Confirmation of choice on allotment and fee payment online||TBA|
|Dates for surrender||TBA|
- After the allotment of seats, they will be given a window to modify their choice preferences.
- COMEDK Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of merit and preference of choice filling.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the counselling venue without the rank card. Check COMEDK Cut off
Documents Required for COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling
Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges, Karnataka has released the list of documents required for verification on its official website comedk.org.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling Procedure (Engineering)
These are the steps that the candidates must follow to take part in COMEDK 2021 Counselling.
Step I- Registration and Payment of Fee for Counselling
- Enter your COMEDK Login details in the Applicant Login ID.
- Click on ‘Counselling Registration’ Tab.
- Check your details and pay a fee of INR 5000.
- Upload all mandatory documents for verification.
- When the screen shows ‘successful payment’, log in to your account again to participate in Counselling
Step II- Option Entry and Locking
- After successful payment, login and click on ‘Option Entry’
- Select whether you want to make a choice based on the list of colleges or courses.
- Click on ‘Add Preference’. Make sure that the college and course you select appears under ‘Selected Preferences’.
- Ensure that you select the college and course in order of your preference.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to add your preference.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to see your selected choices. If you wish to remove any course or college from the list, click on the ‘remove’ button available on the right-hand side of each choice.
- Once you’re satisfied with your preference list, click on save and take a print out for future reference.
Step III- COMEDK Mock Allotment
On the basis of preferences entered in Step II, candidates will be allotted seats. They will have the option to change their preferences during Mock Allotment.
- Log in to your account and click on ‘Counselling Process’
- Check your allotted college, course and preference number.
- If you wish to make any changes to your list, click on ‘Option Entry’ and add, remove or reorder your preferences.
- Once you’re done, click on ‘Save’ and take a print out for future reference.
Step IV- Allotment of Seats
Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of the candidate’s rank in COMEDK Merit List and the preferences submitted during online counselling and Mock Allotment. The offline Counselling will be held in Bangalore where the final seat allotment will be done. Students must be prepared for the following at the COMEDK counselling venue.
- Submission and Verification of documents
- Registration of candidates that includes Biometric Verification, Signature, Photo verification and issuance of registration slip.
- Seat Allocation
- Depositing the Demand Draft
- Collection of Allotment Letter and Fee Receipt
Note- No duplicate allotment letter will be issued under any situation. Therefore, it is important to keep the Allotment Letter carefully. If the allotment letter issued to the applicant is found tampered, then the competent authority can cancel such allotment.
Step V- Post Seat Allotment choices for the Candidates
Candidates have 4 options after they have been allotted seats.
- Accept- In this case, they will not be eligible for the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted and report to the allotted college for verification of documents.
- Accept and Upgrade- In this case, they will be eligible for the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted and report to the allotted college for verification of documents. If higher preferences are not available, then the seat allotted in the first round will be retained.
- Reject and Upgrade- Seat allotted in the first round must be given up to take part in the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted in round 2 and report to the allotted college for verification of documents.
- Reject and Withdraw- In this case, the candidate will give up the seat allotted in 1st round and will be ineligible for further rounds of counselling.
Step VI- Document Verification & Allotment Letter
- This step is only for those students who have selected the ‘Accept’ option after 1st round of counselling.
- Download the Verification Entry Card from ‘Documents required for Verification’ tab in the COMEDK Login.
- Once the candidates have got their documents verified, they will receive the Original Allotment Letter from the venue of document verification.
- They are required to report to the allotted college within the time period stipulated in the letter.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling (Architecture)
- A candidate can participate in the 1st round of counselling process for Architecture if he or she has been allotted an engineering seat in the 1st round of counselling.
- In case a candidate selects an architecture seat, the engineering seat will automatically get surrendered. He/ she will not be eligible to attend any further round of engineering counselling.
- A candidate can participate in the 1st round of counselling process for Architecture if he or she has not selected an engineering seat in the 1st round of counselling.
- However, the candidate can still attend the 2nd round of engineering counselling.
- In case a candidate selects an engineering seat in the 2nd round, the earlier architecture seat will automatically be surrendered.
- A candidate will not be eligible to attend any further round of architecture counselling.
- However, a candidate can attend the 2nd round of Architecture counselling if he or she does not select an architecture seat during the 1st round of counselling.
- All the candidates (including SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) seeking admission to B.Arch shall pass the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper 2.
- Qualification in NATA is subject to the candidate getting at least cut-off marks in two individual components and also getting at least the qualifying marks in aggregate.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Courses.
- Candidates seeking B. Arch courses shall submit a separate application for participation in the Counselling.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling (Special Categories)
- A separate round of counselling will be held during the 2nd round if the seats reserved for them are still available.
- If seats are left vacant after this exclusive counselling process, then they will be available for students belonging to the General category.
- A candidate who is allocated a minority seat during the 1st round of counselling can only participate in the 2nd round of counselling held for Minority candidates.
- A student holding a minority seat is not eligible to participate in the 2nd round of counselling held for General candidates.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling Fee Refund Policy
- It is very important for a candidate to surrender their seat during the specified dates to get a fee refund after deduction of INR 5000 (Administrative Expenses).
- Students can Check out the Seat Surrender Procedure to get acquainted with the process. The refunded amount will be given as a crossed A/c payee cheque in the name of the candidate only.
- Students are required to bring the original allotment letter for COMEDK, Bank receipt and Verification card received by them.
- A candidate may be required to get all original documents verified at the time of counselling, and the Transfer Certificate and Migration Certificate at the college level during admission.
In case of any query, you can contact COMEDK UGET 2021 Help Desk:
Timings: Monday to Friday – 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM and 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Saturdays - From 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Telephone No: Toll-Free: 18001036182,
Office No. 080 – 40921612
COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling FAQs
Ques. When is the COMEDK UGET 2021 counselling scheduled?
Ans. COMEDK UGET 2021 will tentatively start in the month of June post declaration of COMEDK UGET Results. Separate counselling rounds will be conducted for engineering and architecture students.
Ques. What is the postal address for sending enquiries related to COMEDK 2021 counselling?
Ans. You can send your enquiries at the following address:
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
# 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore-560 055
Ques. I am an NRI student and I want to get admission in MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology. I have cleared the minimum Cutoff. What documents do I need to carry on the day of counselling?
Ans. You need to carry the following documents on the day of COMEDK UGET counselling:
- Valid passport and visa copies of parent and student (if the student is studying in India, passport and visa copy not required).
- Employment certificate of Father/ Mother from the employer stating working from to till date (Minimum 10 years of service is compulsory) for students taking admission under NRI Quota. (Original)
- Letter from Indian Embassy in proof of NRI Status.
- Qualifying marks sheet of student
- RP (Residential Permit).
Demand draft should be made in Dollars in favour of ‘M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore’
Ques. Has any notification been released for medical and dental colleges counselling in 2021?
Ans. No, counselling for medical and dental colleges in Bangalore is now conducted through NEET since it is now the qualifying exam for admission into MBBS and BDS.
Ques. I am from Bangalore. Can I appear for COMEDK counselling in another state quota for MBBS as I could not get a seat under 85% quota?
Ans. No, you cannot as you are domiciled for the Karnataka state quota and generally to avail the benefit you must have domicile of a different state and must apply through 85% State Quota.
Ques. At the time of COMEDK UGET counselling, the counselling team asked me to fill 3 colleges, but I want to study in only 1 college of my choice. So the admission counsellor will grant me 3 colleges to choose from or only 1 college will be available according to my choice?
Ans. You are asked to give a list of 3 colleges, so the counsellor can allot you any 1 college according to your rank and seat availability. There is an automated process of seat allotment, so you will be allotted a seat according to the availability.
Ques. I did not appear for COMEDK as I was not well, but I have a good score in NATA. Can I appear for COMEDK counselling?
Ans. In this case, you can only appear for COMEDK counselling if you wish to get admission in the B.Arch. course as NATA scores are accepted for that. However, without appearing in COMEDK UGET, you cannot appear for Engineering Counselling.
Ques. I deposited the admission fee of INR 55000 during the first round of COMEDK counselling, now my niece wants to be part of the second round of counselling. If she gets a new college, will the fee be adjusted or not?
Ans. Fee adjustment is not the responsibility of the counselling body. The students will get their fee adjusted only through the respective colleges once they surrender that seat and take admission in the college allotted in the second round of COMEDK UGET counselling.
Ques. I want a seat in the MBBS program, but I have not appeared in the COMEDK entrance exam. How will I get a seat in this situation?
Ans. The seats are allotted through NEET Counselling. So if you have appeared for NEET then you will be invited for counselling, provided, you have cleared the minimum cut off.
Ques. What is the Mock Allotment process?
Ans. Before the final seat allotment, candidates are allotted seats in a college and course based on the preferences submitted during online counselling. Mock Allotment gives the candidates a chance to modify their options/preference list before the final allotment.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.