COMEDK UGET Seat Allotment: The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka will hold the seat allotment process tentatively in 3rd week of June 2019. The allotment will be done in online mode based on merit ranking and choice preference. Candidates with a higher rank will be preferred over the ones with the lower rank.
- Registration for the exam will begin in January 2019. Know more
- COMDEK 2019 is scheduled for May 12, 2019 in online (computer-based) mode.
- The results are expected to be announced at comedk.org by the last week of June 2019. Check COMEDK Result
COMEDK UGET Seat Allotment #Facts
- COMEDK Seat Allotment will be held separately for all the categories (General Merit, HKR/Tulu Minority/Karnataka Christian Minority and Non-Karnataka Christian Minority).
- After the allotment of seats, students can chooose anyone of the options: Upgrade, Reject, Accept or Withdraw. Read about COMEDK Counselling
- Those who accept the seats can download the verification card for further processes.
- For Architecture course the counselling will be held in 2nd week of July after the seat allotment of engineering students.
- Candidates need to confirm their COMDEK UGET 2019 seat by paying INR 50,000 through demand draft, drawn in the favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore.
- Once the payment is done the fee receipt will be issued along with the COMEDK UGET 2019 Seat Allotment letter.
- At the time of seat allotment, candidates need to produce all the necessary documents.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Seat Allotment Schedule
|Registration and Payment for COMEDK counselling||Second week of June 2019|
|Release of Round 1 Seat Allotment||Third week of June 2019|
|Confirmation of choice of allotment and fee payment online||Last week of June 2019|
|Document Verification and Allotment Letter Printing ||Last week of June 2019|
|Dates for Seat Surrender/Cancellation|
First week of July 2019
CheckCOMEDK UGET 2019 Schedule
COMEDK 2019 Seat Allotment Process
General Merit Candidates
Round 1 Seat Allotment: The seats will be allotted only in General Merit Quota.
Round 2 Seat Allotment: The allotment of seats will be done only if the seats remain vacant after the seat allotment to Christian, Tulu and HKR minority category.
HKR/Tulu Minority/Karnataka Christian Minority
Round 1 Seat Allotment: Firstly, candidates would be considered for seat allotment process in General Merit as per merit list and choice preference. If seats remain vacant in General Merit, they will be allotted seats in their respective category. For the allotment, the following order of preference is followed: General Merit > HKR > Christian-Karnataka > Tulu
Round 2 Seat Allotment: The preference of the seat allotment would be HKR > Christian-Karnataka > Tulu.
Non-Karnataka Christian Minority
Round 1 Seat Allotment: Seats are not available in Round 1.
Round 2 Seat Allotment: Only vacant seats in Karnataka-Christian category will be made available to non-Karnataka-Christian based on their merit rank and choice preference.
Get an Estimate using COMEDK UGET Rank Predictor
How to Check COMEDK Seat Allotment Results?
Candidates can check their allotted college and course by following these steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. comedk.org and enter your COMEDK Login Credentials.
- Click on the ‘Counselling Process’ Tab.
- Click on Round 1/Round 2 to check the details.
- Your seat allotment details like name of college and course will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout for future use.
Paperwork: Documents Required for COMEDK Seat Allotment
- Class X marksheet and passing certificate
- Class XII/ 2nd PUC marksheet and passing certificate
- A copy of the COMEDK Application Form
- COMEDK 2019 Admit Card – Download Now!
- COMEDK Rank Card
- Unique Photo ID Proof
- Demand Draft of INR 55,000 in favour of COMEDK payable at Bangalore
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Allotment Letter
- NATA Score Card (For Architecture aspirants) – Read about NATA Exam
What to do After COMEDK Seat Allotment?
Once the candidates have been allotted seats, they can choose from the following options:
- Accept- In this case, they will NOT be eligible for the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted and report to the allotted college for verification of documents.
- Accept and Upgrade- In this case, they will be eligible for second round of counselling. They must make a payment of INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted and report to the allotted college for verification of documents. If higher preferences are not available, then the seat allotted in first round will be retained.
- Reject and Upgrade- Seat allotted in first round will be given up for taking part in the second round of counselling. They will have to pay INR 50,000 to confirm the seat allotted in round 2 and report to the allotted college for verification of documents.
- Reject and Withdraw- In this case, candidate will give up the seat allotted in 1st round and will NOT be eligible for further rounds of counselling.
Check COMEDK Participating Institutes
COMEDK Counselling Process 2019
COMEDK UGET Counselling Process is based on providing two opportunities to the candidates to select the seat of their preference. Candidates will not get more than two chances for this. Before the seat allocation process, candidates should assess the previous year’s cut off to make a practical and realistic decision regarding their allotment choices. They will get a fairly good idea to assess their chances of securing admission in the desired college.
Second round of counselling is held for unfilled, cancelled, forfeited, surrendered or newly added seats. Seats are available for those candidates who were unable to get a seat in the first round of counselling. Given below are a few important points about seat allotment for COMEDK through the second round of counselling:
- A round for admissions into minority seats will be held exclusively during the second round of counselling.
- The process for seat selection follows the same computerized method as that for the first round of counselling.
- Changing college will not result in loss of fee.
- Candidates who sought selection through minority in the first round, can only seek admission through minority category in the second round of counselling.
- Candidates seeking admission through General Merit will have to surrender the seat selected by them in the first round of counselling.
- Candidates can take a look at the Seat Matrix for Engineering Colleges under COMEDK for more insights about the seat allotment process.
Candidates Applying for both Engineering and Architecture
A candidate may be allotted a seat in both, Engineering and Architecture in the first round of counselling.
- If candidates select the Architecture seat, the Engineering seat selected in the first round will be automatically surrendered.
- This surrendered seat will be available for the second round of counselling and such candidates will NOT be eligible for further rounds of Engineering counselling.
- Candidates who did not select a seat in the first round of Engineering counselling are eligible for the first round of Architecture counselling to secure a seat for B.Arch. in COMEDK Colleges. They can also attend the second round of counselling for Engineering.
- Those who select a seat in the second round of COMEDK Counselling for Engineering automatically surrender their architecture seat. Such candidates are NOT eligible for further rounds of Architecture Counselling.
- Choice/information entered during COMEDK Registration will only be considered.
- No request for change in preference of choice will be entertained.
- For each preference entered, the admission authorities will check for availability of category-wise seats.
- It is mandatory to produce all the relevent and required documents to avail reservation in particular category.
- In case, seats in any particuar category for a specific preference are not available then admission authorities will look at seats in the next preference order.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College